News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Princess Bride

Started by Valerian, July 14, 2013, 12:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelric Miras

"And still someone was killed... It is a matter of concern, as the culprit must be found." Leorobin crossed his arms and leaned against a wall. He hoped this was an isolated matter, that someone was infuriated against the woman and reacted badly. Perhaps they were overthinking it. He only desired that this discussion would lead to the culprit.

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

That Girl Analise (4): James Moriarty, Geeklet, Josietta, Dim Hon
Geeklet (4): That Girl Analise, Kyrsa, Falanor, persephone325
Dim Hon (1): Leorobin
Falanor (1): Beguile's Mistress
Josietta (1): Remiel

With a last, anxious flurry, the votes again settled into a tie -- even if not the eleven-way tie some might have hoped for, for their own mischievous reasons.  And with that, all eyes turned to the new mayor, who found himself making a terribly important decision before he'd even been in the job for a day...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

James Moriarty

Moriarty took the podium and gestured for quiet in the square.

"It is a sad circumstance that has brought us to this place -- where we are forced to make guesses at who among us is working to disrupt our fair town.  We cannot know yet who is most guilty, and yet we must act.  It is therefore with a heart heavy with the pain of knowing that this choice may be wrong that I must stick to my... swords... and cast the scales against That Girl Analise.  May you be spared here, or in the next life, if you are innocent."

Valerian

All watched hopefully as their duly-elected mayor spoke and the lynch proceeded, with That Girl Analise protesting her innocence the whole way.  Alas, she was not deceiving them, for too late it was discovered that she was, in fact, an innocent Peasant who meant no harm to anyone.  It was an inauspicious beginning, but the innocents had to persevere...

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty*
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Remiel
persephone325
That Girl Analise - Peasant, Lynched, Day One

Night roles, please PM me with your choices!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Josietta

She had stood by the mayors decision when he chose Analise and when he again cast the deciding vote her faith in him did not waiver. However when it was found that the girl was innocent she felt remorse and said a prayer for the loss of innocence once again. She knew there was no way of knowing her innocence so she decided not to dwell on the bad mistake for too long. With a sigh and a heavy heart, she no longer felt joyous in their previous celebrations. Instead she decided to head home in hopes that the light would keep them safe for the night is dark and full of terrors. After she washed up and dressed for bed, Josietta made sure to lock the doors and windows, say a prayer before bed and tucked herself in. It was going to be a long night and hopefully some sleep would come peacefully for her.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

persephone325

Persephone shook her head and looked down sadly.

"Sorry, Analise... I couldn't spare you. But I'll make sure the evil-doers get what's coming to them." She locked her door and headed to her bed. Perhaps a good night's sleep would make her feel better.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Nadir

"I believe this sad occasion calls for a.." shi clears hir throat and points a finger at Moriarty. "Booooooooooooo!"

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi doubles over in a fit of giggling she can't control and points at Dim, crying, "Boooooooooo!" at her with a naughty glint in her eyes.

Valerian

Few of the citizens find any rest that night.  Even those who aren't too nervous to close their eyes find the usual quiet of the night disturbed by the commotion of quick, furtive movements and anxious whispers.  Fearing the worst, the townsfolk are pleasantly surprised, however, to discover the next morning that no one was lost during the night!  Whatever had happened, it seemed some sort of guardian angel had been watching over the good folk of Florin.  Yet clearly there were still evildoers in their midst, and they still had to be wary...

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty*
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin
Remiel
persephone325
That Girl Analise - Peasant, Lynched, Day One
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Zelric Miras

Leorobin woke up to find himself alive...and seemingly everyone else. It was a good way to wake up, or so he mused as he headed to the town square. -It seems nothing happened last night, that's good.- He said as a greeting to a bystander.

Geeklet

"This is most certainly a relief. I had feared that because of all the ruckus yesterday, that one might seek revenge on me in the night. It does sadden me the events of yesterday, but I hope that we all have learned much from these events, so that perhaps we can bring those actually at fault to justice."

Josietta

As safe as she felt that no one had met with trouble the night before Josi couldn't shake the feeling that someone was up to no good. She just had to figure out who it was and where they stood or why they would kill where it wasn't necessary. Evil rooted in many people in different ways and she knew that if they didn't dig up those roots and find the source that it could be the death of the city as a whole. With a heavy heart and a deep felt sigh she started back down the streets toward the markets. She would watch those who passed by and those who looked her way. Anyone could be at fault and she was quite sure that everyone would be blaming everyone else for the issues. The mayor would likely get a good bit of fault for poor Analise's death. However they really didn't know. It was purely circumstantial and unfortunately an innocent was blamed. It was what happened in these times. Many innocents died in order to find the truths. Could Kyrsa be at fault? or was it another?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

James Moriarty

"It does appear that we had a very fortunate evening, one that should give us some hope after the ugliness that came before.  Josietta, why was it you voted for Annalise, and now for Kyrsa?  Perhaps if we knew what guided your hand, we could more surely evaluate your innocence in these matters.  After all, you and Kyrsa were on opposite sides of the last near-tie, and now, you vote for one who had been intent on outing Geeklet.  With Annalise's innocence now intact, one does wonder whether you may have been attempting to protect one of your brethren..."

Nadir

"Leorobin has been acting suspicimous alllll night. I was perving through his windows - you don't want to know what I saw, but I saw it and I can tell you. It was suspicimous!"

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Josietta (1): James Moriarty
Kyrsa (1): Josietta
Leorobin (1): Dim Hon

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Falanor, Geeklet, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Remiel, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi sat at a rustic table beneath a canopy of bright red bouganvillea outside the village tavern.  The wine in her tankard was sweet and fruity and offered a pleasing aroma as she gazed into it's depths.  Of course, she realized with a sign, there was no answer in her cup nor in all the wine she might consume.  The same problem plagued her that afflicted her towns people.  There was a murder among them who must be ferreted out and dispatched before any others were so heinously killed.  But who among these people that she had known most of her life had become the right hand of evil and darkness?  Who felt that taking a life was necessary?  She wished hard for a stranger to rise to their feet and proclaim they were the monster and free her fellow citizens and herself from this uncertainty.  Shaking her head she made a heart-wrenching decision agreed with Dim Hon's opinion of Leorobin's purported guilt.  Still she waited for another to cry nay and proclaim their own guilt!

Geeklet

I feel I have to echo Josietta's sentiment. Most of the drama from yesterday was started by Krysa. Everything was so close, it was getting to the point where those who perpetrated the murder could swoop in and get another innocent party killed with little effort, and that is exactly what she tried to do. Just because Annalise turned out to be innocent, that does not mean that all those who sided with her are innocent as well. In fact, the guilty party may have used her and her death to solidify their own standing, and turn attention away from them. I, for one, will not fall for it.

Falanor

Falanor drank from a mug, a frothy brew helping wash away the mornings ill tides.  "Actually, all the drama was started with you, Geeklet.  When it came close to you being the one lynched you became very upset.  And then someone died overnight...the very person that voted against you.  And now you seek the blood of the other?  Sounds very suspicious to me."

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Kyrsa (2): Josietta, Geeklet
Leorobin (2): Dim Hon, Beguile's Mistress
Geeklet (1): Falanor

Yet to vote: Kyrsa, Leorobin, Remiel, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Zelric Miras

Leorobin nodded in agreement at Kyrsa's remark. -I hope the path we take leads us to justice and not mayhem...- He looked at Dim Hon with amazement and shook his head. -Spying at night on someone's window is certainly a suspicious behaviour, I wonder why you persist on pointing your finger at me. Whatever you may have seen or not at my house...Perhaps you were intoxicated. Only that would explain such lowly behaviour on following a man home...Still I might not be here if you were the perpetrator and at my window last night.- He mused about his accusator's motives and wondered what indeed the man had seen. His usual routine was not odd, at least he thought it wasn't.

He was taken aback by another accusation. -My esteemed Beguile's Mistress, you can't believe I would become a murderer over night!- He furred his brow and looked at the rest around them. Falanor had a point, the one who had died had voted for Geeklet's lynching, perhaps she was making sure she wasn't endangered?

Remiel

"Why must the most dangerously fashionable also be the most dangerous?" Remiel wondered aloud.  "Geeklet, let us see if you are up to no good."

Geeklet

Why must the fact that I was saving my own life mark me as one who seeks to end the lives of others? I did not want Annalise to perish. The only reason I even voted for her was because of a calculated risk. Yes, she had voted against me the previous day, but at the time I switched my vote to her, it was after our Mayor, Mr. Moriarity, had already voted for her. I surmised that should more drama ensue (which it did) and if things wound up in a tie, I still stood a better chance of being saved than if I had done nothing. Yes, it saddens me that another innocent had to perish, but if any of you were in my situation, and you knew that you were in fact innocent of the claims being thrust upon you, wouldn't you have done everything you could think of to save yourself?

Even though she may try and deny it, I know Krysa to be evil. As much as I wish to still save myself from unjust persecution, this is a fact that I am willing to go to my grave to prove.

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Kyrsa (3): Josietta, Geeklet, Remiel
Geeklet (2): Falanor, Leorobin
Leorobin (2): Dim Hon, Beguile's Mistress

Yet to vote: Kyrsa, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Josietta

Josietta looked to the mayor and rose a brow. "Mayor.. I followed your lead with Analise. If you recall I made my choices based on my confidence in your actions. The only brethren I have are within the church I attend each sacred day of worship. I have far too many homeless orphans and poor townsfolk to help feed and assist to even attempt to find time for such dastardly deeds as have been done these past nights." She wondered just how trustworthy the mayor could be now especially as he was one to send the innocent Analise to her death. She looked to others who again pointed to Geeklet. She looked to the others and then back to Geeklet again.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Remiel

"Geeklet makes a compelling case.  Very well, I switch my vote to Kyrsa."