Game/Story tags?

Started by Doomsday, April 02, 2011, 06:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomsday

I don't know how complicated this could be, but I think a wise expansion of our website's search feature would allow thread creators to 'tag' their thread with certain keywords that would show up easily in the search bar.

It could be... Kinks (Impreg? Bondage?), Themes (Romance, Military), or anything the author can think of, tags being separated by commas (impreg, bondage, romance, military). I for one love to read the threads of other poster's, but it can be quite difficult to discern the nature of a game just by scanning the thread titles in a certain forum. I don't know if this is possible with our forum's software, but I figure it doesn't hurt to post about it :P Plus, I think it would be wicked awesome.

Belle33

I support this idea.  This would certainly make it easier to locate games/stories of interest.

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Caeli

Vekseid would be better able to explain the particulars, but because of our current SMF (forum technology?), this sort of feature is not possible at this time. Once Elliquiy gets to the point where it can support itself financially, Vekseid will be able to devote more of his time to developing software specifically for Elliquiy, rather than hacking at others' code.

:)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

mj2002

I found this thread through search, so apologies for posting in such an old thread. It seems relevant enough though. There is at least 1 SMF plugin that allows for people to tag their thread with keywords, which would seem like a useful feature, for both created stories and request threads. Is this worth looking into?

Caeli

Quote from: mj2002 on March 28, 2014, 05:22:51 AM
I found this thread through search, so apologies for posting in such an old thread. It seems relevant enough though. There is at least 1 SMF plugin that allows for people to tag their thread with keywords, which would seem like a useful feature, for both created stories and request threads. Is this worth looking into?

If this is a feature you'd like to see on the new CMS, please suggest it in the feature request thread. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

mj2002

Thanks for that link. It looks like its already been suggested.