Werewolves: New Blood

Started by Valerian, May 25, 2010, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imogen

Imogen shivered and clasped her arms over her chest. "No", she said quietly. "My conscience isn't clear. Aiden's blood is on my hands too, and I haven't been able to prevent any of the other deaths." She raised her chin and looked at Moirae. "But I am not one of those who howl in the night. My crimes were crimes of ignorance, not ill intent."

She grimaced. "The sad thing is....I would have believed your accusations towards Remiel, if it had not been for your naming of Xandi and myself. It is there that you gave yourself away. I have looked and looked, but I haven't found any cause to suspect Xandi, and I know myself."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

"As I have said... I am as innocent as Aiden.  If I am lynched, no werewolf will be killed this day."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Remiel

Remiel listened, wide-eyed, to the debate, between the two women: one who seemed convinced he was innocent and one who was convinced he was a monster.  Slowly, he turned to Moirae, his head tilted to one side.

"Vy are you zo eager to nail Xandi to zer zame zlab az Imogen und me, Moirae?  Vut did she do?  Xandi haz not zaid vun verd...not vun verd...yet you accuse her vit us.  Vy iz zat?

"I merely zaid to you, I azzumed she vuz innocent, az I did Imogen.  Az, in fact, I did azzume you vere.  Vy are you now zo eager to condemn her, when all she did vuz vote for Aiden, over und over again?  Yas, it vuz ein mistake, zer same mistake I fell victim to az vell.  But vy not just me?  Vy accuse zem az vell?

Iz it becauze...I confided in zem?  Zat I am now guessink right, at last?  Zat you are taking zer...pre-emptive action?"

desert ashes

Wincing, Moirae pressed a hand to an ear and shook her head, refusing to listen to anymore of Remiel's garbled speech -- of which she understood perhaps only a few words that weren't accented.  "I believe you tricky and evil enough to come up with such a plan.  You have been set on fooling us all.  No more!  You are vile and evil and must be purged from our village before any others die."  Truly, perhaps the poor woman had simply lost her mind staying inside her house and getting distraught over the slightest creak or noise, convinced she were about to die from a werewolf attack. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

Imogen spoke up quietly. "I withdraw my vote for Moirae for the time being. I am at a loss who to suspect, but I have reasons to believe voting for Moirae would be a dire mistake and a crime to our village."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Sniffling and fighting back the tears in her eyes, Moirae took her cross back and held it firmly against her chest, softly chiming in, "And I have reason to believe I misspoke when casting suspicion upon Imogen.  I am sorry, dear lady.  My vote for Remiel, however, remains."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Remiel

Remiel set his jaw.  "Very vell.  Do vut you vill.  I still believe you are innozent.  But you are miztaken."

Autumn52

Xandi listened to the debate about her innocence that went on quietly. Yes she had been wrong about Aiden but she had had nothing to do with the deaths of all of the others. Why was she under suspicion now? Why would anyone think her guilty since she had been so convinced from the beginning of one mans guilty.

Finally she spoke up. "Excuse me if I may have your attention. Moirae I thought that strength was perhaps the key to someone being one of these monsters. I was proven wrong. Perhaps we should accept that strength has nothing to do with it. I admit yes I was wrong about Aiden. Maybe I have been wrong about someone who I love and have trusted from the beginning as well. Xandi looked at the general Lucius Cornelius.

Our seer found Lucius Cornelius worthy of suspicion and since my stubborn voting against him caused his death I will carry his will forth. Anyone who feels that I should be punished for my vote against our Seer, believe me I am tormented by just that fact. I will pay a heavy price I am sure for helping the wolves find and kill the only one who could help us discover their identity.

My vote stands against Lucius and my the gods of fate be with us if we are wrong again."

Xandi had lost the man she loved but also had been responsible for the death of someone she now knew was innocent. The knowledge of all of this made her weep with guilt and pain. Her determination grew with each passing second. She would see that these monsters paid for their murders, or die trying.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Valerian

Current voting:

Lucius Cornelius(4) - Xandi, Imogen, The Unholy Potato, Beguile's Mistress
Esoteric Myobi(1) - Remiel
Remiel(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Imogen(0)
Moirae(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi, Lucius Cornelius

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

After Xandi had spoken, there seemed to fall a silence over the city. Imogen watched and waited, hoping that someone else would speak up, and help them with the rough decision they had to make. They had been wrong too often, and she feared making another mistake.

"I find Xandi's argument persuasive and I admire her strength to vote for someone she loves." She said at last, rubbing the bridge of her nose as she looked at each of the villagers in turn. Specifically The Unholy Potato received a long, hard look. "For now, I vote for Lucius Cornelius."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

The Unholy Potato

The Potato eventually emerged from his hovel, seeming mildly surprised to still be alive, but then proceeded to stump his way towards the assemblage of surviving villagers. "I agree," he announced tiredly, "with Ms. Imogen and Ms. Xandi. I am suspicious of Lucius Cornelius, in no small part because of the suspicion that has already been cast upon him by our seer. I think that Aiden knew what he was talking about, and that it would be base foolishness to dismiss that sort of thing now."

"Now then, unless anyone else would like to glare at me suspiciously, I have some vegetables to attend to, murders or no, if I want to eat this evening." So saying, he stormed off towards his fields at the edge of town.

Beguile's Mistress

There was little Beguile could do to prevent the direction the vote was taking.  She felt no less guilty for having Aiden's innocence proclaimed though she hadn't suspected him.  It seemed her fellow villagers were bent on dispatching another of their own in retaliation for the other murders and in the hope that they would choose wisely and reduce the future risk to the community.

One by one she looked at her fellow townsfolk and examined them closely for any sign, no matter how insignificant, that they were in league with the forces of evil and a threat to the innocents they hid among.  As it had before, her gaze rested on one that made her feel uneasy.

"We are in so much danger, even though last night's events brought us no further distressing news when we rose this morning.  Still, before night falls again we must seek to lessen the threat against us.  Once again I must say that I believe Lucius Cornelius is our enemy and we would all be better off with him gone."

A violent shiver shook her body as the proclamation left her lips for a wrong vote would mean another black mark on her soul and atonement in her future.

Valerian

Current voting:

Lucius Cornelius(5) - Xandi, Imogen, The Unholy Potato, Beguile's Mistress, Remiel
Moirae(1) - Lucius Cornelius
Remiel(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

"Yas, it makez senze," said Remiel, once he listened to the others explain their reasoning.  "Alzough I am loathe to, I vill change my vote for Luciuz Corneliuz az vell."

Lucius Cornelius

Lucius look from one side to the other, all finger begin to point to him, but he almost foget about all when the first one that has acused him was xandi, he can feel how is hear broke with her vote ..." i can belive it i think that you and me have a future together but this...."

he think in point xandi's back just in revenge, but he knwo that he never in his life can hurt her....

he begin to laugh ok as all of you are against me, im going to throw against my own sword but know that Moraine is as guilty as i am...

Valerian

Final voting:

Lucius Cornelius(5) - Xandi, Imogen, The Unholy Potato, Beguile's Mistress, Remiel
Moirae(1) - Lucius Cornelius
Remiel(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Imogen(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

With so many against him, nothing Lucius Cornelius could have said might have saved his life.  Once more the villagers gathered for a hanging, wondering if once more an innocent might die.  But L. Cornelius was a Werewolf, and the innocent could sleep more soundly tonight, however the werewolves might mourn their ally.

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 2 Werewolves.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

Imogen spontaneously hugged Moirae. "I knew it!" She exclaimed, forgetting for a brief moment she had been oh so certain too when Aiden died...But at last.. AT LAST they were making headway. She cast a glance towards Xandi and stepped closer to the woman, quietly offering her support. It was hard for all of them, even if it felt like a celebration after all the deaths, to see their fears come true but Xandi had been close to Lucius Cornelius and Imogen shuddered at the thought of the danger the woman had been in.

But with Xandi's sacrifice new hope was born and she didn't intend on stopping here. "We're not there yet... But we -will- find them." She promised quietly.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

As it was revealed that Lucius was a werewolf Xandi shed tears in the view of all the others. The love of her life had been a murder and she still loved him. In moments Xandi, while she was still crying, spoke softly and said, "I am happy that we have identified one of the wolves although it is a great loss to me personally the welfare of the town is more important than any sacrifice I have suffered. I hope to find the other werewolves before they eat me, but in case I don't please remember these things I say now.

I have had suspicions for some time about a few people in our little village. I know that Moirae is suspicious and so is unholy potato. The fact that Lucius made such a statement about her guilt was meant to throw us off, in my opinion. As for Unholy Potato I don't know why but I think he is a wolf. Now you can take what I have said to heart or you can not it is your choice but I am sure that I will be eaten soon and my heart break will be ended."  Xandi's tears overtook her again.

She straighten her dress and went to mourn the loss of the man she loved in private.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Valerian

Though shocked, most villagers were also quietly relieved that one of the creatures plaguing them was gone.  But the grim news that had become so common was even more grim the next morning.  For Beguile's Mistress was dead, torn apart by the remaining wolves -- and she had been the town's Guardian.  With both their protectors gone, could the villagers possibly survive?

• Aiden - Seer, lynched, Day 3
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress - Guardian, killed by werewolves, Night 4
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius - Werewolf, lynched, Day 4
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi

There are 4 Villagers and 2 Werewolves.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

The day had ended so well... When Lucius Cornelius fell to the silver bullet put in his chest, she had dared to hope again, her eyes had brightened and she had keenly looked at her friends, seeing the same hope in their eyes. And then the night had come, uneasy and dark. When dawn rose, Beguile's Mistress did not rise with them and her momentary hopes shattered as if they had been but a dream.

Tiredly, Imogen sat down at the bench near the village well and considered her choices. She knew that Moirae was innocent, and probably Xandi as well. Those were there the basics she would work with. She trusted Remiel, even if that was more on a hunch than through positive confirmation. Thinking for a moment longer, she recalled some earlier accusations and nodded quietly to herself. The Unholy Potato had to be one of the remaining wolves.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Tearfully Moirae set to seeing to Beguile's Mistress' proper burial, covering the grave with hordes of wild flowers she'd harvested and, of course, a very large silver cross.  Not that it would do any good now, the beasts had already claimed her life.  Moirae herself hadn't relinquished her own cross, nor the silver strands around her neck and the pointed stake she held close nearby.  Their Guardian -- the last chance outside of fatefully surmising who were the last two -- was gone.  She couldn't help but feel that disaster was what lay in store for the rest of them and fought to ignore the rising sense of dismay.

Covered in soil, dirt and stray blossoms, Moirae returned cautiously to the town square and stared at the noose.  Who among them?  Not the Lady Imogen -- they had earned each other's trust, albeit nearly the hard way.  Xandi?  After what had transpired yesterday with L. Cornelius she thought not, as did the flowers.  That left Remiel, Estoeric Myobi and The Unholy Potato... and, well, herself, but she and the flowers knew what side she was on.  Despite the lack of trust she felt for Remiel, the large 'what if' loomed over her, prepared to deal any wrong decision with its gleaming scythe. 

Her thoughts ended with Esoteric Myobi.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

Current voting:

Esoteric Myobi(3) - Moirae, Remiel, The Unholy Potato
The Unholy Potato(2) - Imogen, Xandi
Imogen(0)
Moirae(0)
Remiel(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi

There are 4 Villagers and 2 Werewolves.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn52

Xandi listened as everyone placed there votes she had been in the shadows observing.

She nodded to Imogen who seemed to think that Moirae was innocent and placed her vote for Unholy Potato the other person she had suspected for sometime.

Her grief overtook her all to soon the memory of her love, dead and a murder taking its toll on her. She retreated to the solace of her little cottage where she shared so many fond memories with Lucius.

Remiel

Remiel was careful to stay out of Moirae's way, given how convinced she seemed to be that he was one of the monsters stalking their formerly pleasant little village.  Still, he was at least glad that she appeared to be on the same train of thought as him.  While the Unholy Potato certainly was a strange little man,  his voting history was not consistent with someone who was in league with the known werewolf, Lucius Cornelius.   Remiel had absolutely no idea who the last werewolf was, but he was dead sure that Esoteric Myobi would bring them one step closer to finding him.  Or her, as the case may be.

The Unholy Potato

The Potato-man sighed and shook his head tiredly at the accusations. "You're wasting your time, friend. I'm no monster," he stated simply, not bothering to explain himself any further. "Regardless, though I do not find her particularly suspicious, I find myself forced to vote for Esoteric Myobi, in order to better save my own neck, though I rather suspect that I'll be eaten soon, regardless."

So saying, he stumped off again, clearly not caring to involve himself further with the rest of the mad, murderous village.