Assassins Among Us Rules/Roles/OOC

Started by persephone325, April 15, 2013, 04:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Quote from: yugi006 on April 22, 2013, 10:54:17 PM
With how many people and the way the assassins and targets are distributed it tends to go by very quickly. I agree though giving people the chance to change their votes would be best. The whole breaking ties thing did make things a little unfair but that is easily fixed for next time. This is a trial run so mistakes are bound to happen. I'm sure the next one will be great.

Typically, what Saffron and Valerian do is that, in the first round, the villagers elect a Sheriff, who is charged with the responsibility of breaking ties.    Sometimes it's a wolf who is elected Sheriff, but them's the breaks!

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on April 22, 2013, 11:05:39 PM
Typically, what Saffron and Valerian do is that, in the first round, the villagers elect a Sheriff, who is charged with the responsibility of breaking ties.    Sometimes it's a wolf who is elected Sheriff, but them's the breaks!

Yeah. That was something I didn't take into account when I was making the game. I just hope nobody is upset with me about how certain things transpired...
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Josietta

Of course no one is upset hon! :)

Its your first go around.  You are doing a great job!  We all learn through it all and it's just something you can use for a future game to improve on.

*huge hugs*

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

persephone325

Quote from: Josietta on April 23, 2013, 04:39:09 PM
Of course no one is upset hon! :)

Its your first go around.  You are doing a great job!  We all learn through it all and it's just something you can use for a future game to improve on.

*huge hugs*

:-) Thank you! *returns the huge hugs*

I hope next time will be more fun. ;)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Mr Bigglesworth

As she said, this time is lots of fun for me.  The game occupied some of my dreams last night  :-)

Chelemar

persephone,

Hon, I just want to reiterate that I was enjoying the game very much and you are doing a great job for your first time as GM.  I think you will be a fine GM.  You are just learning and this is how you get the bugs worked out.  I am not angry, and I certainly hold no grudges. *hugs* 

Again, I wish you and everyone else a terrific time with the rest of the game.  Also, I would be thrilled to play in another of your games anytime.  The strategy and idea behind the game is fun, and that is the good part!  ;D

Cheers,

Chele

persephone325

Quote from: Chelemar on April 25, 2013, 12:14:48 PM
persephone,

Hon, I just want to reiterate that I was enjoying the game very much and you are doing a great job for your first time as GM.  I think you will be a fine GM.  You are just learning and this is how you get the bugs worked out.  I am not angry, and I certainly hold no grudges. *hugs* 

Again, I wish you and everyone else a terrific time with the rest of the game.  Also, I would be thrilled to play in another of your games anytime.  The strategy and idea behind the game is fun, and that is the good part!  ;D

Cheers,

Chele

*breathes a sigh of relief* Thank you, thank you. I didn't think you were the type to hold grudges anyway, but I just wanted to publicly apologize. :-) I do look forward to seeing you play again. I'll make it up to you next time. ;)
I don't know.

persephone325

For those of you wondering how I'm deciding who gets booted when there is a tie, I'm doing a random dice roll. Whoever's number gets rolled first gets booted. I'm not showing favoritism in any way. Though next time when I run this game, we'll elect a "sheriff" of sorts. I didn't think about that when I made this game. :-[
I don't know.

MabFaerie

It's okay, Sephie *Hugs* You're really worrying way too much. You're doing just fine!
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

persephone325

Quote from: MabFaerie on April 25, 2013, 11:35:36 PM
It's okay, Sephie *Hugs* You're really worrying way too much. You're doing just fine!

*hugs* I just didn't want people to think I had rigged the game or anything. That would defeat the purpose. lol
I don't know.

Remiel

Love the Film Noir thing going on with your posts, Starlequin and MabFaerie.

MabFaerie

The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Starlequin

Ahh, guess I'm out, haha. That was fun. Especially for improv.  :P Glad you enjoyed it, Rem and Mab.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

MabFaerie

To be completely honest, I literally had to STOP myself from voting Yugi out.
I mean, I knew in my gut that Star was an assassin. I just... really didn't want to boot him, despite knowing he was the next logical call.
I really liked what improv we had going! It won't be the same without you, Star!

persephone325

Quote from: MabFaerie on April 27, 2013, 02:43:11 PM
To be completely honest, I literally had to STOP myself from voting Yugi out.
I mean, I knew in my gut that Star was an assassin. I just... really didn't want to boot him, despite knowing he was the next logical call.
I really liked what improv we had going! It won't be the same without you, Star!

lol I know you did... You're the reason I had so many ties! :P Jk ;)
I don't know.

MabFaerie

persephone325

I'm just kidding! I love you too, girl! <3
I don't know.

persephone325

As soon as Mr B gets his vote in, I'll end the round.
I don't know.

Mr Bigglesworth

persephone325

I had fun running that, despite the hiccups and kinks on my part. :-) I'll know better for next time though. ;)
I don't know.

yugi006

It will be definitely be better next time and I'll gladly take part again.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on April 29, 2013, 04:02:17 PM
It will be definitely be better next time and I'll gladly take part again.

;D Yay! Thank you, good sir!
I don't know.

persephone325

Some changes I'll be implementing for next time:

~The voting of a "sheriff" to break possible ties.
~The more people involved, the more times special abilities could be used.
~Possible addition(s) to the police officer role.
~Instead of having the assassins outweigh the targets, the ending will be determined by which side is completely eliminated first. (Though this is a possibility, not a definite change.)
~Possible new role on the assassin side.
~Longer time frame to vote.
I don't know.

MabFaerie

Could we possbly add some kind of "traitor" option? Like a good guy deciding to help an assassin, or an assassin deciding not to follow through with a kill? Or am I just being silly...

persephone325

Quote from: MabFaerie on April 29, 2013, 07:11:04 PM
Could we possbly add some kind of "traitor" option? Like a good guy deciding to help an assassin, or an assassin deciding not to follow through with a kill? Or am I just being silly...

Well I don't want to make things too complicated. It's not really an assassin's choice whether to follow through or not. I get a message with who the target is and who is doing the killing, and I make it happen automatically.

There could be a traitor option, but that person would know who every assassin is. And once they ally themselves with the good guys, the assassins are just sitting ducks...
I don't know.