Persona based RP?

Started by Cythieus, December 12, 2017, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soveliss

So what theme are we going for when it comes to our personas in the end? I kinda liked the "freedom fighters and other heroes of the people" theme, but I'll need help finding a good persona if we go for another theme...

Name: Takeda Kimiko

(Just imagine her with more scars)

Persona: (will be looking at an appropriate persona later if we go for another theme.)

Arcana: The Hanged Man (The one robbed of her childhood who channels her anger at protecting others)

Height: 1m75

Weight: 77 kg

Hair: red

Eyes: Green

Distinctive sign: Covered in various scars, some burns scars, plenty of cuts including a glasgow grin.

Sexuality: Bi, but no real experience.

Melee weapon: Biker gloves with kevlar padded knuckles.

Ranged weapon: Novelty shurikens shaped like a set of 54 cards.

Known in delinquent circles as "Inmate 4859", many delinquent groups tried to strong arm her into joining, she has always declined and has had to beat up some of them when they wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

Personality: Takeda Kimiko looks like your typical delinquent, wearing a biker outfit and covered in scars, and she regularly gets involved in fights, spraying graffiti and breaking and entering. Unlike typical delinquents, there is a method to her madness: She targets people and organizations that cause problems to children and anonymously leaks information on their crimes to journalists. Many people just assume she is a dumb muscle, a fact not helped by her often skipping classes, but her alias "Inmate 4859" is the first hint that she is smarter and more knowledgeable than she initially appears, and also hints at her troubled past and motives. Not that many people get the hint.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Cythieus

Are we still going for everyone being in high school?

Tokyorose627

I’m assuming we would? It would be a way for everyone to be connected in regards to meeting up with one another. If we try separate jobs or something like that, I feel like everyone would be too scattered around.

Moon Hound Hati

One thing that came up during my musings about the Persona games is that each also has a unique visual theme for the characters' combat in the Metaverse. P3 had the "shoot yourself in the head to set free your Persona," as it were, while P4 had the characters wearing glasses to peer at the truth through the fog and summoning their Personas by shattering the tarot cards. P5, meanwhile, sees characters ripping a mask from their face when they first awaken, revealing their true self, as well as the cool thief costumes inspired either by their persona's background or thieves from modern popular culture. As such, should we also agree on such unique visual themes for this game?
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Cythieus

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on December 28, 2017, 05:20:01 PM
One thing that came up during my musings about the Persona games is that each also has a unique visual theme for the characters' combat in the Metaverse. P3 had the "shoot yourself in the head to set free your Persona," as it were, while P4 had the characters wearing glasses to peer at the truth through the fog and summoning their Personas by shattering the tarot cards. P5, meanwhile, sees characters ripping a mask from their face when they first awaken, revealing their true self, as well as the cool thief costumes inspired either by their persona's background or thieves from modern popular culture. As such, should we also agree on such unique visual themes for this game?

It might work best if we all just work from a place of personal freedom if that makes sense. Like everyone is looking to have some form of personal freedom or some form of being liberated from a thing in their life. We could also access the meta verse in different ways. Someone could use the mask and someone else could use the gun and someone else the glasses or multiple people could use the same thing or someone could even make something up. The smart phone app from Persona 5 always seemed to be a cool way to work things really.

Gardsorm

Hmm... I haven't been back for long, but I see there were attempts at a Persona game? Definitely count me interested... Though I'll wait to see what the groundwork is like before I start concepting a character.

Cythieus

We really need to get this on the road it seems and some things need to be clarified.

Who's running this?

What kind of system are we using, if any?

How many people are allowed in?

What's the story structure going to be?
(high school? something else? will there be any overarching theme or are people free to make characters more independently)

Empyrean

Who's running this?

I will, though I would like a co-GM.

What kind of system are we using, if any? Freeform, though I will use some things from the Velvet Book for worldbuilding and storytelling purposes.

How many people are allowed in? I want to start with about six, if possible.

What's the story structure going to be? (high school? something else? will there be any overarching theme or are people free to make characters more independently) The story structure will be a home and school for troubled youths in one of Tokyo's poorer districts. This school is a dumping ground for youths that can't seem to cope in society for one reason or another. The school is considered a last-chance facility: make it here or get tossed to the streets or the prisons.  Secretly, the government considers it the perfect place to conduct their experiments on the other world, because if students here go mad or get killed, who's to care?

The overarching theme is the search for meaning in your life.

Cythieus

What would you need the co-GM to do?

Empyrean

I know that sometimes I suffer from writer's block and if the game gets bogged down, I'd like a co GM to make sure that the players are not left hanging and the game proceeds. I'd also like their input on decisions. I'm new to being a GM and I'd like to make sure that this is fun for all.

Cythieus

I could help as long you don’t mind me being a player. I’ve got years of writing experience.

Empyrean

That will help a lot. :) So, ready to take this to the looking for players thread?

Cythieus

Yeah. Post another thread and post the link here.

Gardsorm

Heck yeah, let's get this show on the road! I've been dying for a Persona roleplay ever since I first played P3. =p

Cythieus

Based on the idea expressed by the DM I might actually change my concept a bit, just because it seems like it would work less outside of a large high school environment.

Empyrean