News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamy Royal

To each their own, as I said earlier too xD I mean, at least to me, the point of gaming, is to have fun ^^, and we all have different definition of fun, like we all have different opinions on what kind of music is good and bad xD.

Sabby

Of course, and its hard to have fun when your annoyed. Funny zombies annoy me right now, so I don't have fun with them.

Steamy Royal

I completely agree, that's how I get with Black Ops and those people that literally have no life. I mean, I know I can get fairly good scores, but compared to some people out there...It's crazy. And in the end, it's just not fun to play with them because you take three steps, and then get killed ><.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on August 09, 2011, 07:33:05 PM
Well too bad! Take your flaming boxing gloves and go get some friends online, no one wants to Falcon Punch heads off alone :P

This is what zombie games have become and its everyones fault xD
I guess it depends on where you're willing to draw the line. Would a Dawn of the Dead (2004) escape bus be too much? I mean I don't think tying a machete to a broom is going too far. I wouldn't call an RPG over the top, I would just make them incredibly rare and have them knock  a body back or punch a hole through a rotted zombie and blow up behind them. That's actually realistic. (The standard rocket launcher or RPG round is meant for metal and human bodies are usually too squishy to trigger the explosive upon impact.)

It depends more on how the weapons are used I think than what kind their are. Would I use a broken broom handle on a zombie? Yeah, would I throw it like a spear? No. In some ways finding a katana would just be too wacky. Like I said where you draw the line.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Steamy Royal

I have to correct myself, it wasn't an RPG in Dead Nation, it was a grenade luncher >< I apologize, my mistake. But even though they are very powerful in Dead Nation, they have made the strong weapons have very very few bullets and such. I mean the blade canon thing, when fully upgraded (which can take some time), it can have 15 blades in total, of course you can find ammunition through the stages, but it's very random what kind of ammunition you get, and sometimes, you get ammunition to a weapon you haven't even bought yet (which is realistic enough). The grenade luncher can have....I think it was, 15 too, and the ammunition is the same thing really. Just had to correct that ><.

I actually agree with you Inkidu, on the fact that it's how they are used and how rare they are. But you can't blame the game companies for going the safe way with how they make the games, I mean, it's about making money, and if they have some statistics that say, that a zombie game, they way they have made it, is the most popular way of making a game, they're going to do that. I'm not saying I wouldn't like something different, because I would, just saying that I think that's what they are doing when they are making games like this.

Yep, this is a duplicate

I'm replaying Mass Effect 2, this time as a vanguard :-) the zombies in this game are shiny blueish!

rocknrolla

Playing Dragon Age 2... finally... my lovely was all accolades about it when she started playing it, but lost interest midway. Now I... well, the combat's quite flashy so far and the game seems pleasant enough. However the premise had yet to truly reveal itself.

Oh Witcher 2... how I miss thee... had my computer only the moral aptitiude to run thee... I'll be singing and dancing for eternity... ~Sigh~
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Tsenta

I've been playing a Dark Brotherhood/Necromancer build in Oblivion lately.  Soul trap, drain fatigue, damage health all on a weapon like a bow.  Nasty combination...simply orgasmic. >D
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Sabby

My favourite build for Oblivion was my Scamperdash, but that was with a character mod, and I've since discovered that Oblivion, like most games, is not worth the mountain of shit you need to climb to mod the damned thing, and if I can't mod it, theres no point playing it on PC, since I could do vanilla on my Xbox any time.

But the Scamperdash was a cute lil catgirl with a bit of fur on her cheeks and big green curious eyes. Her name was Miho Miho =3 and she was a Scamperdash because she scampers and dashes! She had bow and arrow skills, was very fast and agile, and could use Conjuration, Mysticism and Illusion, meaning if she needed to run, she could just scamperdash right over a lake, if she needed to scamperdash more, she could jump higher, if she got cornered, she could boff you with her paws and make you sieze up and fall over, and if she didn't wanna scamperdash, she could just summon up a big old mountain of angry lizard while she circles around and peppers their backs with arrows.

Sifftrooper

Is anyone playing Minecraft? This game is like an addiction.

I was very disappointed of Mass Effect 2. Compared to the first one, the story is more than meager.

Right now, I'm about ten hours into Dragon Age 2. I like it. But I keep wondering, if there's any other city besides Kirkwall...

Tsenta

Not a Minecraft addict.

I don't Mod my Oblivion cause I have it for 360, I prefer console games to PC games. Plus I've dropped like 200 hours into the game already and still have plenty to do (I have all the DLC except horse armor) so I see no reason TO get the PC edition just for Mods when I like the original game as-is.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Sabby

Yeah, Mass Effect 1 was more about 'the epic', it was you verses the world, and it fucking rocked, where as Mass Effect 2 is more introspective. Where the first was an epic drama, the second is the kind of drama you'd see on stage, more about the characters and how they mesh or don't mesh, instead of the massive grand scene your supposed to believe is happening behind that stage.

And Tsenta, the mods were great looking, they were well worth the few attempts to get them work, but I refuse to invest any more time into it. If they had, though, they would have made the game way better.

Sabby

Ordered Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, and instead got Red Faction Armageddon which happens to involve insects.

I don't totally regret it, the games fun as all hell, but something really bugs me about the newer Red Faction games o.O it's the physics. Don't get me wrong, the destruction physics is amazing, but it seems made simply to respond to explosions instead of all of your weapons, so if your carrying anything lighter then a rocket launcher, your kind of handicapped. Which is bullshit. Ya know what an automatic rifle or a shotgun can do to a building? And when your playing as outnumbered and outgunned, like in RF3, it makes sense to give traditional guns some power, theres a whole garrison outside your hidey hole going execution squad on your ass, unloading all of their rifles at the building, and all that comes of it is broken windows and maybe a bit or two falls off. Not, ya know... remodelling most of the structure.

Inkidu

So... who else is excited about Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I make it a point to get any noteworthy game that comes out on my birthday. Oh, if only it were Skyrim.

I liked the first Deus Ex, and I liked Invisible War, sure it wasn't as deep but I'd rather have it over stats any day. Stats are boring arbitrary little immersion breakers.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

... -__- Red Faction has never been known for its engaging story, but this is just ridiculous. In the opening level, a cult who you are not aware of and will not be explained any further blow up the one terraforming machine that is apparently responsible for the entire planet being remotely Earth like. With that gone, the surface starts to screw up, we all go underground, but in maybe a year or two, things will be so bad even the caverns won't be habitable. Then...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
That same cult tricks you into waking up some race of varied and colourful insects who can seem to throw everything on the periodic table at you, you get blamed, try to clear your name while not being eaten, and in all its predictability, theres a centre to this species! You know what that means... final boss fight! The thing looks and fights like one of Godzillas laser spewing dragon buddies, and it goes down, signalling the end of the game, right? Right?

You think your bullets can hurt Gamera?! Fool! Well, looks like you and everyone on Mars are mutant food now. There's no possible plan of action aside from shooting it in the face! Oh, whats that? Earth like air would kill it? Oh blast, we seem to have run out of that stuff... the surface seems perfectly breathable to me, but its apparently not 'Earth-like' enough to choke to native Martian wildlife. If only that Teraformer still worked! That tower could re-teraform the entire planet quicker then Gamera could tear it down, but alas, we don't have any magical McGuffin wrist watches that repairs objects in seconds.

................... =D

And that's where I'm up to. Fun game, but there's a difference between a plot not mattering, and a plot just fucking with your headglands.

DeadCell

ONS AND OFFS / Click Me For Story Ideas /
What is the colour of night?

Inkidu

I know I'm a little late to the party on this one, and it did come out in 2004. Half Life 2. Big freaking whoop. I mean it's a fun shooter, but I've had a lot better experiences. In fact, it made me think of all the things I take for granted about modern shooters.

Things like regenerating health. Nothing sucks worse than being on a checkpoint and having two points of health when you know two bad guys are coming through the door to kill you in three seconds. Hell, if I hadn't just picked up the magnum I would have probably been bent over the barrel.

Maps. God, Half Life 2 could have used a map or at least a mini-map. I got so lost on that game.
Iron sight aiming or some ability to zoom and shoot. Holy crap. I don't think I've ever pulled off a head shot in Half Life 2.

A melee attack button. I'm tired of switching to the crowbar whenever I want to break a damned crate. I've gotten to where I just waste the ammo.

Things that I find just whacky and games should seriously get rid of:

Silent Protagonists to whom people talk. Talk about surreal.
Gordon Freeman's amazing leg strength. Seriously, the dude can climb a ladder with his legs alone, they should have him in the military.
Gordon Freeman's amazing telekenetic powers. The duude can shoot mounted guns and drive vehicles with his mind.

Oh, and one last note. Hey Valve. I get it you invented a physics engine. I don't want to get out of my otherwise cool air boat death run to float a ramp up to readiness just to reverse and go up the ramp. Just let me jump the ramp.

Inkidu

I kind of like Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. It has a colorful art style and the Majin is rather endearing actually. The combat is quite deep when you want to be clever about it too. Like setting it up so you can push stuff over or drop gunpowder barrels on enemies from above. It's very legend of Zelda-y if Link had his very own ogre to do all the heavy lifting.

Udontknowme010

Half Life 2 looked interesting but probably because I never played the first.

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles 2. I bet no one has ever heard of it

Inkidu

Quote from: Udontknowme010 on August 13, 2011, 06:16:13 PM
Half Life 2 looked interesting but probably because I never played the first.

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles 2. I bet no one has ever heard of it
Isn't it that JRPG RTS hybrid?

Wolfy

Playing Total War: Shogun 2.

Feel the might of my mighty Samurai Army!

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on August 13, 2011, 10:13:13 PM
Playing Total War: Shogun 2.

Feel the might of my mighty Samurai Army!
Yeah, that looked good, too bad my computer can't run it. Do you get any gunpowder units? Matchlocks no doubt.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on August 14, 2011, 07:20:48 AM
Yeah, that looked good, too bad my computer can't run it. Do you get any gunpowder units? Matchlocks no doubt.

Indeed you do.

You also have Siege units as well.

And last night, on a random spur, I bought the Back to the Future game aswell..still to early to say how well it will be, but I like it so far.

Hemingway

I'm playing Planescape: Torment.

I don't see what the big fuss is all about. It's a decent RPG, but I expected more from a game that's supposedly all about story and characters and dialogue. Baldur's Gate 2 might be the third most frustrating game I've ever played ( the first and second being Too Human and Baldur's Gate, respectively ), but even that I'd rank higher than this. It's just ... a mystery to me why so many people love this game so much.

Sabby

Now you know how I feel with Chrono Trigger :P We lack those glasses with the oh so rosey tinting.