"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xunzar

*chuckles* True, true. *kisses the back of Clockwork's hand* I'm sure my Lady is up to the challenge.
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Xunzar on June 25, 2011, 01:37:41 PM
*chuckles* True, true. *kisses the back of Clockwork's hand* I'm sure my Lady is up to the challenge.

<fidgets, blushes and emits a tiny squee>

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Kuje

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 25, 2011, 01:36:37 PM
I really could have done much better, but I wanted to dig my teeth into the revised description of this roleplay.  It's gonna take me a while for that, though, because I'm really focusing on the details.  I don't need any more confusion on what's included and what isn't.

Meh. :) They're pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Truly, they look great.

WingedServant

I concur Clockwork, I was just going to offer up a picture as a suggestion for the world of Axiom, but you beat me to it. And I like what you have just fine.  I know you are about to do a lot of conceptual work with what we nerds have already thrown out there. So please take your time. It will make it easier for the three of us to create character stories and backgrounds based on your hard work.

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Kuje on June 25, 2011, 02:10:55 PM
Meh. :) They're pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Truly, they look great.
d

Then, thank you. :)

A/A

o_O

Kuje

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 25, 2011, 02:15:48 PM
d

Then, thank you. :)

You're very welcome. And I just want to say, I'm really looking forward to this game. I can wait until you get the details settled and I hope that the game won't fall apart.

ClockworkShadow

I'm pretty covetous about the "nourishment" of my brain children...

You have no need to worry about it falling apart. :)

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

This is gonna take a while.  ???

Here's a teaser, though!

(This roleplay focuses on elements of steampunk and clockwork punk (complex gears and cogs), with a splash of cyberpunk (complex, automatonic implants, artificial blood, etc.)

-- .oO^Oo. --

Glossary (to be expounded upon...):
(for those wishing to expound upon this with their own, creative terms, I researched modern word histories, and mixed denotations of Latin, Greek and Gothic.)
-'s - a suffix denoting possession belonging to the associated term
-an - a suffix denoting relation of the associated term to the subsequent term/phrase
-um - a suffix denoting the associated term in its plural form
bestia - any native fauna of Nu Logikus
chyklos - a cycle; a calendar month in Nu Logikus (there are thirteen chyklos in an orus)
doktir - an educated professional whose job is the equivalent of a profession in any Earth medical field
Enphorkir - an Enforcer (typically of citizen harmony)
Konsulatus - a respected group of humans (equivalent to a council), who assist governmental automatons in determining the innocence or guilt of a person being questioned for disruption of citizen harmony
Konsulir - a member of the Konsulatus
Konvant - a Nu Logikan family of energy manipulators
kraphtir - a human schematics-interpreter and assembler of automatons
Lunik - the smallest of the three moons that orbit Axiom; represented in pre-automatonic lore as the youngest son of Mena
Magir - the head of a Konvant
Mastir - the equivalent, in Earth-terms, of a Master; any automaton (or, rarely, a human) who is in the highest position of responsibility at a work location, or in a household.
Mena - the largest of the three moons that orbit Axiom; represented in pre-automatonic lore as the mother of Lunik and Mensir
Mena's Gasir - The Gaze of Mena; the name of the great populous which covers 60% of Nu Logikus
Mensir - the middle-sized of the three moons that orbit Axiom; represented in pre-automatonic lore as the elder son of Mena
Merkantir - the head of a Tradak
Nu Logikus - the name of the larger continent of Axiom
orus - a calendar year in Nu Logikus
Paramnar - the name of the smaller continent of Axiom
techir - a human or automaton instructor/educator of human lore
Tradak - a Nu Logikan family involved in the trade of raw materials/resources, and economic balance

-- .oO^Oo. --

Welcome to Axiom

If you have arrived here and are not native to this alternate reality, it means that you encountered one of those nuisances I like to refer to as temporary, dimensional weak spots.  I hope you were not hurt during the transfer.  Now, I suggest you make yourself comfortable and get to know your surroundings; more than likely, there isn't any way back.  I do apologize for this predicament, but - even if you were lucky enough to find another, random weak spot - chances are that this other, overlapping dimension wouldn't be Earth.

Don't you love quantum physics?

So let's lay out the brass tacks (or mattresses, if you prefer).  More than likely, you've either found yourself somewhere in the continent of Nu Logikus, or the continent of Paramnar.  If you landed on one of those sparse, probably unpopulated islands, well... better hope for a diety of sorts to come to your rescue.

About Nu Logikus

If you've found yourself on Nu Logikus, you will encounter a population consisting of humans and remarkable, sentient automatons, which operate on a mixture of steam-power and clockwork gears.  They co-exist in a very curious circumstance: where the humans are subservient to the machines.  Curiously, the humans (developmentally comparable to our homo sapiens) seem quite content with their lot in this scenario.  Despite initial appearances, however, it is a rather complex, cooperative arrangement.  Understandably, the automatons, typically regardless their actual position, are the final say in all circumstances, but they cooperate with a konsulatus of humans capable of determining guilt or innocence based upon an approximate standard of ethics.  There are no finite or written laws, here, but one may petition the konsulatus for consideration regarding an issue and/or dispute that may have been oversighted by an automaton Enphorkir.  Citizen-based cooperation with (and enforcement of) harmony is both encouraged and supported by the majority of the population. 

Beneath the umbrella of the automaton government, a strict caste system has developed among the humans.  The most exalted position, underneath the konsulatus, is as an instructor of human knowledge, the techir.  Most courses of human instruction are something that the automatons were never able to grasp, and so great respect is bestowed to those who devote their lives to this purpose.

Next in the caste system are those whose professions are directly involved with the development and improvement of the automaton "species."  These individuals (and/or their families) are either involved in the management of the harvest and trade of raw materials (which also affects the economy), or display an affinity for energy manipulation* and are able to (be trained to) further improve the quality of automaton sentience. 
A trade family is labelled a Tradak, and the head of this family is titled the Merkantir (neutral to gender).

A family of energy manipulators is labelled a Konvant, and the head of this family is titled the Magir (neutral to gender).

Beneath the previous position is that of the doktir, which covers positions ranging from human therapy to the surgical installation of artificial, automatonic improvements.

Thereafter, the last position which garners any level of respect and dignity is that of the human kraphtir of new automatons.  Automatons tend to prefer to designate themselves with this responsibility.  However, a small population of humans are born with a great talent for taking complicated, mathematical diagrams and converting them into precisely-detailed units, which then merely await to be given sentience.

The remaining 60% of the native Nu Logikus population fall under the remaining category of general servitude.   Messengering, estate maintenance, food growth and/or harvest, and mining raw materials are examples of jobs considered "general servitude."

Whether those consigned to this life receive decent treatment for their position, or not, depends entirely on the nature of their Mastir.  Automatons are, by default, logical creatures.  However, their sentience is directly derived only from humans, who, themselves, possess personalities/natures balancing somewhere between both logic and chaos.  Logic then becomes a variable, and the echoed vestiges of an energy manipulator's personality often affects this.  Therefore, it is quite possible for an automaton to be very cruel, and still be considered logical.

Note: occasionally, an automaton specimen has displayed a rare, loose grasp of illogical/chaotic concepts and/or emotions.  The automaton's position in its existence determines whether this is encouraged to persist, or requires the automaton to be re-manipulated with a new sentience.  If the latter occurs, it does not typically bode well for the original energy manipulator's fate.

-- .oO^Oo. --

About 60% of the Nu Logikus landmass has been developed into a incredible, expansive populous named Mena's Gasir.  It cannot be called a city or metropolis (a relatively modern term), because there is no evidence of what an Earth-native would call modern (or futuristic).  Instead, the entirety of this massive, civilized expanse bears distinct, architectural resemblances to Earth's Victorian era.  To further affirm that this is not a metropolis, the only methods of transportation are by foot, bestia-operated carriage, a steam/clockwork-operated carriage, or by acquiring a tamed bestia capable of supporting a rider's weight. 

It would take many chyklos, gauged by the orbit of the largest of their three moons, Mena (the other moons are named Mensir and Lunik), to travel from one margin of Mena's Gasir to the other.

The remaining 40% of the Nu Logikus landmass is scattered with various settlements appearing more like they were borrowed from Earth's Old West era.  These settlements rarely fall under the jurisdiction of automatonic Enphorkirum, though they still typically adhere to the same policies regarding automaton-human relations, and enforcing citizen harmony.  Occasionally, though, one may find that humans and automatons interact on equal terms instead of master-servant, and, rarely - only in the most rural and smallest of settlements - one may encounter a human whose automaton still serves them, instead.  If one is able to make the very long journey to visit such a settlement, they would likely find some of the most intricate and unique automatons of all. 

Note: Tradir-children of Tradakum often participate in orus-long trade routes, which leave Mena's Gasir and periodically visit various settlements in a pre-designated order before returning to the populous.  These tradirum are usually honorable about fairly dividing the settlements among each other.

-- ^Oo-oO^ --

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Thank the Heavens!...

Finally, a world creator who won't make me feel nerdy for overdeveloping detail in a made up story.

Woot!  I'm going to have so much fun with my Tinker.

WingedServant

OOh, I guess according to the current glossary, the appropriate title for my character would be Kraphtir, not Tinker...

ClockworkShadow

Yay, progress!

Now to dig my teeth into Paramnar's jugular.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 25, 2011, 01:36:37 PM
I really could have done much better, but I wanted to dig my teeth into the revised description of this roleplay.  It's gonna take me a while for that, though, because I'm really focusing on the details.  I don't need any more confusion on what's included and what isn't.
If you want some help clockwork I can do up some 3d stuff, and can do some groups/cities. You just gotta give me a brief description and I can write out buildings, and detailed stuff on cities and all. I am really good at descriptions and am ok at 3d Arts. I can't draw but I do have daz studios and poser. If you need some important npcs I can create some decent art work for it. I do have a website/file hosting thing that I can link from. I can't do photoshop though so don't except perfect art and renders.

Aikochan

also I still got nothing for approval so I need to know what I am writing up for my char...

For the 3D art, I know where I can get vitorian clothes and all that and or simuilar looking stuff..

So all I need to know for main NPC's is this:

1. Age
2. Gender
3. Height
4. Weight
5. Hair style, Color (Some of the hair styles I may not be able to do but can find something simuliar)
6. Eye color

I also need to know art style. Do you want it more realistic, cartoony, or Anime like.. I also need to know what kind of renders you want. aka Regular unmodified renders, High Quality, or High Deffination. I can do alot of this.

Also for city/building descriptions: I just need to know what kind of styles you want. I know victorian stuff so well.

I am offering this all as a way of saying I am sorry for causing any kind of mess ups and headaches. *offer hugs all around*

I just need to know what I can do for my char. be it the normal idea, or a normal young girl type that will be useful.

Aikochan

Oh ya! I forgot. I might be able to find buildings and stuff for 3D art so I may be able to give real pictures in 3D rendering of places. But.. I have to find the content first. I can't promise this but if I find any, I will give you (clockwork) links to see if you like the styles of buildings. Just keep in mind you have final say in anything I write up, and pictures that I do. If you want me to..

I do like what all you wrote up. I'm impressed.

ClockworkShadow

Characters, at this point, are insignificant until I get through revising the description.

No offense.

After I'm done, I'll probably drag my already-approved peoples over and work with you specifically on working out the kinks.

Just be aware that the complexity of human implants is about the most I have (or plan to have) regarding cyberpunk.

Pay very close attention to how I described Mena's Gasir.  There's not going to be anything modern or futuristic about it.

--

As for the 3d art... I realize you can't PM... but try to work out something with Laz.  I like what he's got going for his avatar... a lot. 

I'm gonna stamp a big Realistic on the product order sheet, and let you run with that.  Throw around some examples so that I can visually acknowledge what exactly you can do.

I'm quite skilled with regular CGI and advanced 2d art, so I will probably handle that myself, with the allowance for voluntary submissions from you all.  I used to be fantastic with 3d, but I no longer have a program for that.

... Back to Paramnar.

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Is Laz even going to be online this weekend? :( I wanted to pick his brain for ideas..

ClockworkShadow

Did he say he was going away for a bit?  I must have missed that.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

so you don't want me to do the 3d art stuff? I am trying to take some stuff off your shoulders to help out. I can tell you where to get the programs and all clockwork :)

Then tell me what you want me to do now... Do you want me to help descriptions with the cities and all that? Do you not want me to do 3D art?

Do you want to write up the bio for the human sick girl that got transfered to new body and write up the little/young girl thats normal too? both of them or just one?

Just tell me what you want me to do. You know I will do everything my skills let me do for you. I want to help.

ClockworkShadow

Aiko...

<takes a moment, and a few calming breaths>

Please read, rather than skim.

I feel safe saying that that's probably a large percentage of the previous headache(s) we've been playing Hot Potato with.

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 25, 2011, 06:17:12 PM
Characters, at this point, are insignificant until I get through revising the description.

No offense.

As for the 3d art... I realize you can't PM... but try to work out something with Laz.  I like what he's got going for his avatar... a lot. 

I'm gonna stamp a big Realistic on the product order sheet, and let you run with that.  Throw around some examples so that I can visually acknowledge what exactly you can do.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

I was just wondering if I could write up the human girl sick bio and thats it so I can get something started, and finish the other stuff when your done with the other stuff. (So I have something to do) is all Not trying to push buttons clockwork. I just wanted to know if I could do anything at all.

Or if you wanted me to do something else write ups of the other things you want done.. Nothing more.. Its ok :) I was just asking a question. I did read but I want something to do.

Aikochan

I am not arguing or anything, I just want to do something so I feel useful, and can do something to help out... and this way with the human girl bio you have something to work for, when you decide its time for character stuffs...

I don't know what you want me to do story things like writing up the cities and all

ClockworkShadow

Any RP content will be dealt with after I finish revising the description.

I did not, at any point, say you were arguing.

I do, however, believe that you are failing to pay close enough attention to what I am posting.

Your current assignment is:
Please make me some realistic 3d model examples so that I may see what you are capable of doing.  I am a very visual, hands-on person.  Pretend you are making a presentation as a bid for a graphics commission?

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

Ok, I will get to work it will take some time to get some stuff together, bare with me.

Do you want any character or does it have to victorian type?

ClockworkShadow

Be creative as you wish.

Use the following eras for inspiration:

Victorian
Old West
Renaissance

women dress like men for common, every day activities, and have "exquisitely-tailored, floor-length dresses" for special occasions.

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

ok let me free up space and download the programs and all to get me started. I won't have anything ready till sometime tomorrow if I can get the content downloaded that I bought downloaded by then.