The Greatest Show in the Universe

Started by IrishWolf, August 04, 2013, 03:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julles

That sounds interesting. I like it, potential to be very interesting.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: IrishWolf on August 12, 2013, 06:51:15 PM
Lovely characters, the both of you. I am working with Rainbow and Curvy on their characters but I hope to open the game officially on Friday.

Heres what I'm thinking for our first stop. Its going to be a Belt world, ruled by a monarchy, the traveling show has been there a few times before but this time, they are arriving in time for the crown princess's sixteenth birthday. They do a "private" show just for her and by request expose her to everything the show has to offer before the official opening. Then it starts getting fun. Nobles start trying to get performers to come to their estates and but on an act or two as honored quests, hoping to attract royal favor in a few weeks worth of  dinners and parties while the circus is there, while at the same time, radical revolutionaries try to use the circus and the parties as cover to cause a little chaos and hopefully pull down the current government. 

How does that sound?

I sense shenanigans in the making...LOVE IT!

Julles

But Friday is so very very long and far away! Haha. :P

One1

Beginning of the story seem great to me. Yet again, i will come with persona tomorrow :)
||Piggy

CurvyKitten

Name: Trance (real name unknown)

Species: Unknown

Appearance:

Personality:
Trance has an adventurous nature, curious to no end and seems to be without fear. She is playful and flirty, and as long as she can feel the sun on her skin she never seems to lose her energy. Clearly a strange girl she seems to have a her ups and downs. But with the amount of time she has spent with the circus they have learn to handle her changes in mood. Trance is also creative as she is always making something, from her own costumes, to her planning out her acts, to knew interesting ways to have fun.

Trance can be a bit naive at times...and even a bit submissive. Which has gotten her in some very interesting situations once...or three times. But no matter what happened to her Trance seemed to bounce back easily enough. Well as long as she was able to get some sun that is. She is also creative and has a few of her own talents. She loves to paint and dance, which has made her night act incredibly interesting.

Sexuality:
YES...wait you mean I have to choose? How do I know what I like if I don't try it?

Profession: Fortune teller during the day, and at night exotic dancer. If she isn't preforming she still works around the circus doing different things. Sometimes she simply runs about entertaining people and children keeping their moods up as the work their way around the circus.

Act(s): During the day she finds herself having the creatures of the worlds come from all over to see if their futures hold good or bad for them. And at night she amazes and astounds them with her exotic dance and strip teasing.

Extra Talents:
Trance has two abilities that do set her apart. She gets visions or premonitions of the future, some of which she can call upon and uses in her act. But there are moments that they just come to her.

And second is the way the sun effects her body. It actually helps heal her body when she is harmed, and the more sun she gets the easier it is to use her premonition powers. Though if she is without sunlight for to long it can make her feel drained and sick. It has been notice that it can affect her mood as well, but who really feels chipper when your whole body feels drained.

Beyond that she has her more mundane talents, such as her dancing or physical dexterity and her creative nature. Which has brought about some interesting costumes or paintings. And well there is that sneaky tail of hers, better what out this girl has three hands and their all just as frisky.

Bio:
Not much is known about Trance ( was yet to be named at this point), mainly because Trance doesn't know much about herself. All she can really remember of her first days were pain and the blurred streets of Vorti a major city on the planet Eneelore.  Eneelore is a world on the fringe of human space but not some border colony but rather a well built up world, thriving on unregulated trade, seeing as it's nearly at the corners of at least three species territories and is unclaimed by any of them. Its a large melting pot, with all kinds of alien's walking the streets of the major and minor cities. And her first day made sure to show her that it could in fact be a very scary place. The darkness took her and suddenly she found herself waking up to the sun on her face and suddenly the pain started to melt away from her body.

From there it was her against the crazy street that were around her. She stayed near the port as it was a mix match of people and she could read each of them. Some threw her away yelling tell her to stay away, but some would give her some coin or ask for more as she told them of the futures she saw for them. Weeks passed and Trance did indeed survive on the kindness of strangers. Which at times was never that kind. Not knowing her own name many nicknames were give to her. Names from Hey you...all the way to pixi as no one she asked ever heard of her or had ever seen anyone or anything like her. It truly seemed as if she were alone in the big bad galaxy of stars.

That is until she her eyes spotted a man that had a air of confidence around him, and could cause the crowds to make way for him. She knew him...well she didn't know him but Trance knew she would know him. So as he passed by her, her delicate hand reached out and touched his arm. Grabbing hold of his coat and tugging to stop him in his tracks. Her eyes go blank and she begins to tell him things about his age and past, that no one should be able to know. When she came out of it, he took her to dinner and started asking his own questions. When he learned that she didn't even know her own name and had been wandering about the city for a few weeks, with little money and no idea where she was getting her next meal, he offered her a job at his circus. And gave her the playful name she now happily holds as her own. Trance.....

Several years pass and Trance has found her home within the circus. The only real hardship she ever felt was when they were aboard the Traveler. The are no windows on the ship so getting to a place where there is sun light is nearly impossible. But she never complained, and soon Cooper found a way to help here with that as well. Trance found her place in being the fortune teller to the galaxy...or at least the parts that visit the circus. And then at night she finds her playfulness useful as she puts on a exotic dance and strip for the audience. Her hypnotic movements and natural energy living up to her name sake and almost leaving the crowd in a trance.

What ever her passed, how ever she ended up on that planet, Trance still counts herself lucky. Because she has found a place to belong, friends...family, purpose and a sense of self. Who knew that instead of running away to the circus that the circus could come to claim you?

The Golden Touch

-Peers and steeples fingers-

Perhaps, perhaps... >:)

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

IrishWolf

Glad to see those finishing touches Curvy, awesome character.

Hey Goldie, love to have you if you wanted to join.

The Golden Touch

Considering a snake charmer, or an illusionist would feeds off the fear of the crowd. Fear the evil pheromones of doom? >:)

IrishWolf

Very interesting, I like either direction with the character

The Golden Touch

Mmhmm. I'll think about it while I eat.

Zaer Darkwail

A alien girl who uses pheromones to either charm dangerous reptiles or create illusions to the crowd's enjoyment (send them to drug trip basically).

The Golden Touch

I have an idea in the works. Most of her "illusions" are actual her innate ability to shift form and pheromones that make them believe what is happening is real. The description on this is going to be rough...

-considers ripping out her own hair-

This is my appearance idea:

IrishWolf

The Golden Touch

I'm actually feeling pretty clever... Though not. Its a mash-up of a type of Fae and a Dungeons & Dragons cat type humanoid. She is looking to be straight across the board evil, and right up the alley of why someone might try and frame the Circus for evil deeds.

The Golden Touch

I feel my brain melting... That took longer than I thought it would.

-rubs temples-

Name: Atlithea "Thea" Kattersi

Species: Abeir, Clan Rakshasa from the planet Jatasura

Appearance: Besides the obvious protrusions curving back from her horns, Atlithea is slender. This is the way of Abeir, all of their females are the smaller of the species. Her long mass of brunette hair is held back by bits of polished stone strung haphazardly on a leather band. The drawn up style of her hair exposes the almost feline features of her heart shaped face. Most would call her cat-like, as her green eyes are eloquent and almond shaped. There are no generous curves padding the lithe body, but there is enough to show of her femininity.

Her fingers are tipped with lethal claws, hollowed and allowing the venom in the sacs in her fingers to ooze out should she use them in battle. This is unlikely, as she drains the sacs daily to prevent inadvertently hurting someone else, or herself. Although it would seem that they would hinder her dexterity, it makes each of her movements a far more deadly and eye-catching movement.

Note- Ignore the wings in the image.

Personality: A crafty female, she has an artful way of conning even the best from their worldly possessions, even their pants purely for her own amusement. Besides the misappropriated items among her horde of treasures, she loves the lush richness of wealth and luxury. An odd thing to see in a circus performer, but she is as devious as she is exotically beautiful. Those within her circle of allies, if you can use that word, will find her odd, but friendlier than those outside her acknowledgement. She is of a malevolent race, often times coming across as malicious but is the way of her kin.

Sexuality: Pansexual

Profession: Thief

Act(s):
The Final Era- Within her area, her territory, circus goers enter a land fraught with the peril of the unknown. Using her innate and natural born ability to shift shape from her body type and into the ferocious beasts of the outer fringe plants. Many are liken to that of nightmares. Her long stints as a roguish woman of talents, the mannerisms and quirks come easily to her. The secretions of her own pheromones send the considerable mass of circus attendees into fits at the predators prowling among the artificial fog and technical brilliance in her acts.

Extra Talents/Abilities:
Illusion- Using an illusion, she can disguise herself to appear as another less than humanoid figure. It does not give her a tactile or audible properties of whatever this beast may be, just that of the eye.

Pheromones- A natural secretion of the Abeir, it invades the mind to make them more susceptible to suggestion and those with a stronger will. This can, and is, trained against by those that know about the potency of it.

Guise- This is a hard earned talent to mimic another beasts, as well as few humanoids.

Bio: Born into the Clan Rakshasa, Atlithea was taught of the Goddess given curse of being reborn someday with the memory of all her deeds and misdeeds. Abeir, regardless of Clan, cannot have children, as they are born over and over as an adult. She never knew the love of a parent, or the giddy joy of the first snow (Should your planet have it). Jatasura is an outer planet, and a hop, skip and a jump to any where supposedly "civilized" as they are. Within its sphere, the Clans are at war. Their battles and intrigue are continuous and ongoing to gain the most power and political standing.

Trained to systematically take out any threat standing between Clan Rakshasa and their ultimate goal of global domination, Thea learned first hand how malicious her kind could be. Perhaps it was best that they had no parents or blood siblings. Truces were tentative at best, and when it came time for peace... It was almost laughable. When Cooper's Grand Traveling Menagerie and Circus popped into their system and began orbiting the planet at the same time, it almost seemed too coincidental.

Atlithea explored for hours, using the bonds of peace to keep herself from the clutches of those in her Clan that would use her for their own gain. This is her first life and ideas of gaining her own riches and power instead of gathering it for Clan Rakshasa had been festering for years. When the show was chased off world when the Clans took up arms again, she sequestered herself from Jatasura via the Traveler. She was never sure what Cooper thought of her then, but she had talent enough to convince him of her worth in his show. Though truthfully, she has not asked his opinion since then. Her furnishing among the circus folk are procured from her own coin and by the hands of her two loyal servants, mayhap bodyguards or possible murder for hire.

IrishWolf

Poor Goldie *rubs her shoulders* You did manage to create a lovely character

The Golden Touch

Yay!

Edit: I did enjoy making her though. I researched, pulled out the dictionary, thesaurus, and everything.

-has lost her mind-

Chreestafer

Hey irish my fire eater is still coming juat been screwed at work a lot.

Got a question for you.  I was thinking of this, a race with the ability manipulate / bend fire. Almost like pyro from the xmen, he can control flames (on a minor scale of course and if he isn't safe he will get hurt / burnt) the reasoning behind his races skill is the planet his people live on, pyk, sits alittle to close to its double suns.  During a radiation storm from the two suns, t
Pyk was hit by the storm cause intense heatwaves and radiation.   A third of the population was kill either from rad poison or actual incineration (on the side closest to the suns) another third was left untouched.  The final third gained the ability to manipulate flames.  With such a cool and useful ability though these "fireborn" as they're called we oppressed into slavery and used for warriors on Pyk.  Fireborn are considered freaks and abominations to their people.

Thoughts?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

The Golden Touch

Looking over my character again, I'm considering making a game based on the War of the Clans... Hmm...

-Steeples fingers-

Julles

I like all yhe characters. And the ideas from chrees and Goldie!!

The Golden Touch

CurvyKitten

Quote from: IrishWolf on August 13, 2013, 05:34:12 PM
Glad to see those finishing touches Curvy, awesome character.

Hey Goldie, love to have you if you wanted to join.

YAAY hehe  thank you I can't wait to start now!

IrishWolf

An interesting idea chrees.

I'm thinking that rather then radiation give your alien mutant the ability to control fire, the radiation brought forth a dormant psionic powers within part of his race, which show in any noticeable scale when used to manipulate fire. How does that sound?

The Golden Touch

When/Where is this game going to be kicked off?