TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

Quote from: Hyacinth on November 02, 2017, 06:57:15 AM
It's donessss!

Thank goodness! I really didn't feel like doing my bookmarks over again. Thanks bunches!  ;D

No problem.  I will get an automated sync option done at some point.  But I want to make sure that it doesn't overwrite anything with older settings and that it's possible to optionally skip different settings if you want them to be different from one browser to another (I have images off at work, for example).
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Nowherewoman

I...had no idea one could do this to begin with. Tres cool!
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Ssieth

Quote from: Nowherewoman on November 02, 2017, 07:59:43 AM
I...had no idea one could do this to begin with. Tres cool!

'tis new because I suddenly chance upon a way to bypass the browser's cross-site-scripting protections :)  Basically, for very good reasons, the browser doesn't really like a script getting information from or sending information to sites that aren't the one you are currently on.  There are ways around it, though, and they're actually fairly simple when you know them :)  So... now when you do that export it contacts a page I have on cabbit.org.uk and sends the settings information there.  When you import it does the opposite and grabs that info back :)

I use to to periodically sync between work and home computers :)  Because work is pretty relaxed and as long as I don't have nsfw piccies on my screen then they're pretty OK with most stuff so I can browse here during breaks.

Ssieth

New update for v1.36.2 and in response to a security flaw that Reno pointed out :)

The issue, in a nutshell, was that it was relatively easy for someone to work out the url required to download your settings if you exported to cabbit.org.uk.   This is a problem if you want to be sure that your settings are private.

The solution is a new setting (under the new "Import / Export" category).  This setting is "Export Key" and works a bit like a password.  If you don't enter anything in the field then things continue to operate as before and your settings can probably be read by anyone who wants to make a serious effort.  Put something in here and people (including you) can only get at those settings if they know the export key as well as your username.

It isn't was secure as a password so don't use a password you care about keeping secret.

If you don't care about keeping your settings secret then you don't have to use the new field. 

If you want me to delete old sets of settings you may already have exported then let me know :)

persephone325

My FF updated to the "Quantum", or whatever it's called. So I downloaded the new version of Greasemonkey, and now the Elliquiy script won't work anymore.

It seems they've gotten rid of the "Manage User Scripts" option from the drop-down menu.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Ssieth

Hi,

Yes - the new GM plugin has broken everything.  I've switched to using the tampermonkey plugin and that seems to be working.  I need to work through the GM4 documentation and get it all working with the new plugin. At that point you would be able to switch back.

In the meantime, though, https://tampermonkey.net/ is the place to get something that works :)

persephone325

Quote from: Ssieth on November 17, 2017, 09:51:01 AM
Hi,

Yes - the new GM plugin has broken everything.  I've switched to using the tampermonkey plugin and that seems to be working.  I need to work through the GM4 documentation and get it all working with the new plugin. At that point you would be able to switch back.

In the meantime, though, https://tampermonkey.net/ is the place to get something that works :)

Ah. I thought that might have been the case.

Thank you for letting me know. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Nymphadora

Heya Ssieth,

Not sure if you've had a chance to check it out but Drafts are doing that repeating thing again. Despite clearing drafts before I save them, I end up with previously saved drafts repeating over and over again when I load a draft to get back to work on.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Ssieth

Quote from: Nymphadora on November 19, 2017, 01:35:57 PM
Heya Ssieth,

Not sure if you've had a chance to check it out but Drafts are doing that repeating thing again. Despite clearing drafts before I save them, I end up with previously saved drafts repeating over and over again when I load a draft to get back to work on.

Hmmm.. weird.  I'll take a poke at it when I next get chance.  With any luck it'll be this week as I've got a couple of days off work to use up holiday time :)

Nymphadora

Quote from: Ssieth on November 19, 2017, 01:37:32 PM
Hmmm.. weird.  I'll take a poke at it when I next get chance.  With any luck it'll be this week as I've got a couple of days off work to use up holiday time :)

Thanks. Don't put yourself out, for sure.

All of your work on the script is so appreciated.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Peripherie

So I have the latest firefox version downloaded Tampermonkey and maybe I'm being dense but - how do I get to run you script?
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Ssieth

You can get the latest version here: https://openuserjs.org/scripts/Ssieth/Elliquiy_Improver

:)

Sorry - the url does tend to drop off the bottom of the topic...

Peripherie

Thank you!! (And all your hard work on the script. It is really amazing!)
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Andronica

Thank you x10 for making this script! I really hope Elkarte has a bunch of these amazing features, it's made Elliquiy so much easier to navigate for me. <3

Reno

Might have found a very minor issue in user lists - maybe someone can confirm if they see the same behavior, or if it's my collection of settings and extensions:

I have multiple User lists. If I select a given userlist from the "members" menu (e.g. "UL: Active Partners") it works as expected. But if I'm already in a user list and try to select another list, the URL argument is updated, but the list doesn't update. I have to leave the userlist for another screen (even the unfiltered member list works) and then select the other one.

Gypsy

Who, hoo.  It works with ViolentMonkey for Opera too. :-)

Edited to add:  It does work, but there seems to be some issue with the drafts.   It posts previous drafts along with the post when using in Opera.  Just an FYI or anyone else who might try to use it with the Opera browser.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Gypsy

Actually, I'm having issues with drafts using Chrome as well.

If I have drafts turned on, if I edit a post at all, it's posting multiple copies of drafts / including things like where I've accidentally moved the cursor while typing and ended up erasing part of a post in the middle.  If I preview the post, it only shows what I mean to post, but what goes through is a rather jumbled up mess of what I had previously edited.

No big deal, as I've just turned drafts off, but though I should let you know in case others are having the same problems.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

SithLordOfSnark

I just downloaded this .. haven't tested it yet, but anything that makes surfing E easier is awesome.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Nymphadora

Quote from: SithLordOfSnark on January 13, 2018, 12:41:24 AM
I just downloaded this .. haven't tested it yet, but anything that makes surfing E easier is awesome.

It is awesome, easy and fun to fiddle with too. Enjoy!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Nymphadora on January 13, 2018, 06:21:49 AM
It is awesome, easy and fun to fiddle with too. Enjoy!

I can't even figure out how to use it. LOL

Nymphadora

Maybe I can help, what are you trying to do right off the bat? :)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Nymphadora on January 13, 2018, 07:04:33 AM
Maybe I can help, what are you trying to do right off the bat? :)

I want to "Quick Topic" the main threads for Eternal Nights that I need quick access to.

Nymphadora

I find the best way to sort stuff like that is with the Bookmark Tags.

I have my group games set up with specific tags that then show up as a list under the My Bookmarks Header.

I typically add 'NotOwed' for added sorting.

No spaces and it is safest to keep all punctuation away.

You can set them when you hit the Bookmark button in a thread or that little icon to the left of threads:
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Nymphadora on January 13, 2018, 07:30:13 AM
I find the best way to sort stuff like that is with the Bookmark Tags.

I have my group games set up with specific tags that then show up as a list under the My Bookmarks Header.

I typically add 'NotOwed' for added sorting.

No spaces and it is safest to keep all punctuation away.

You can set them when you hit the Bookmark button in a thread or that little icon to the left of threads:

I never realized I was this dumb, but I still don't get it. LOL

Nymphadora

It's kind of fiddly, yeah, I'm probably just so used to working with it.

I don't use the Quick Topics at all. Sadly. I found what I needed for organisation with the Bookmarking.

Perhaps in the settings you need to turn them on still?

Quick Topics might be the better way to go. I have numerous group games but say you want just all the threads for that one group game in one menu, Quick Topics may be the way to go for you.

It's one of the great things about what Ssieth has done, it can be used just how you need it to when you need it. :)

So they need to be turned on as well.

It will add the Quick Topics to the menu bar.

Within a thread you will see the Add QT button is there.

Now you have specified threads in the QT drop-down menu above

I hope that helps, Sith.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review