DC/Marvel Universe Complete Crossover (Recruitment Closed!!)

Started by MaiMizzu, August 01, 2013, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

Edit: Accepting players, but male players would be great!

DC/Marvel Universe

So here are my ideas. All of this is negotiable, of course. These are just general ideas. The heroes, villains and citizens. We’re going to start with the careers of all involved to be fairly young, for the most part. At least their public lives. You’ll notice a lot of this is based on the movies… just cause. This is a world where all these comic book characters from different company exist on the same Earth in the same universe.

Status of some important/popular figures:
-Superman: Only recently revealed himself, like within the last year. We could even use the events from the movie.
-Batman: I would say he’s been an urban legend for a while now. People in Gotham know of him, or think they do. I would say the events of ‘Dark Knight’ (Joker) happened, but not much beyond that.
-Iron Man: (Character reserved for co-GM Apygoos)Tony was kidnapped and made his armor to escape. He has had a public outing with it, like at the end of the first movie. It will be up to the player to decide if he’s revealed his secret identity yet.
-Wolverine: (Character is taken by me, sorry) Much of his past happened as it did in the comics. But he’s never been in the X-Men.

Again, most of this is based on them not being in the public eye for long (if at all). The Avengers don’t exist, neither does the JLA, or Fantastic Four.
I would say the Xavier school exists and helps mutants, but perhaps the X-Men don’t exist. Or if they do, they have had very limited adventures. Maybe just to fight Magneto.

SHIELD exists, but it’s not as wide scoped as it is in the movies. They won’t be in charge of the team that is formed. I see them as more of a covert government group that investigates ‘metahuman’ activities.

The team will be formed by one of the main heroes.. I can see Superman or Tony Stark doing this. Maybe Dr. Fate or Dr. Strange (or both and are NPC characters) enlists one of them to recruit other heroes to stop an evil they forsee. The villain itself, that’s up for debate. Has to be something big, though. Something to big for a single hero to handle. Darkseid was my first thought.. Thanos would be awesome, but he’s being used an awful lot recently. Ultron, perhaps. Galactus might be to much.. maybe. I also want our team to face multiple villains, from both universes. Maybe a league of evil sort of thing eventually. People can play heroes and villains in this RP.

The team name… I have no idea yet. Avengers? Justice League? League of Avengers? Up for debate too.

I see the team as being… 10 people. But I think we can open up the universe more. Have the team be 10 or so, but there are also other heroes in the world.

For the sake of this RP, no character will be.. ya know overpowered. There will be limits. Sure we want to see if the hulk can beat superman, but the hulk or superman can't lift the moon or punch a planet in half. there will be limits, limits strictly enforced by GM's.

We need heroes first, by the way. We're also looking for balance.. so if our team is 10 heroes, then we'd like to shoot for 5 to be from marvel and 5 to be from DC. I'm a co-GM, along with Apygoos. I'll be working on a character sheet in the near future. We're looking for players who can make decent sized posts (paragraph AT LEAST or more), and post at least twice a week please. We'd prefer way more than that, but those are the minimum.

Any questions, just ask! or PM me or Apygoos.

thank you for your interest!

Current Roster:
Wolverine - MaiMizzu
Iron Man - Apygoos
Thor - Arkhos
Raven - Belatris
Shadowcat - Imogen
Frenzy - Wardenice
Hawkgirl - madamcharisma
Stargirl - mia h
Storm - JDrew Spider

Links!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=181454.0 Our OOC Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=181588.0 The GM IC Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183392.0 IC Thread for New York
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183391.0 IC Thread for Stark Tower
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183393.0 IC Thread for anywhere outside of New York City
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183394.0 IC Private Time thread, for when your characters wish to be intimate or need alone time without cluttering the main IC threads.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=181468.msg8683694#msg8683694 Approved Characters

The CS. Please PM post to me (MaiMizzu) and Apygoos
Codename: What do we call you?

Identity: Secret or public?

Sexuality: Hetrosexual, homosexual, whatever it might be

Approximate Age: Keep in mind we’re going with the idea that 99.5& of ‘heroes’ have made their first public appearance in the last year or so.

Source of Powers/Abilities: Mutie? Science experiment gone awry? Gods give you power when you say something?

City of Operation: If your hero has been working in or out of the public eye, is there a specific city or region they tend to stick to?

Personality: Tell us a little about your character’s attitude and outlook towards others

Weakness or Flaws: We should also include some flaws of your character. Don’t worry, nothing will be used IC

Powers: What.. powers your character has. if any.

Talents/Skills: Abilities that aren't necessarily part of your powers. Like being supersmart or being able to whittle a corncob pipe.

Equipment: Is there anything your character uses or carries on them regularly?

BRIEF History: We know who your hero is for the most part, but this is a different universe. It’s almost like a reset. So what has your character been doing in the passed year or so? Hero’ing? Laying low? Defending Asgard?

Appearance: If you want to post a pic, cool. If you want to describe the look of your character, cool. Both? Even better.

Are you going to be able to post at least once a week? :

Do you have an issue with making your posts AT LEAST one paragraph (more would be adored):

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

arkhos

I'd be jazzed for a shot to play Thor. :)

And as a fan of -both- universes, I think this is a great idea. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

BlackestKnight

Ugh. I hate to be that guy but Fuck Batman, Fuck Super man, Fuck Spider Man, Fuck Wolverine, Fuck Captain America. Punisher I could see more of but fuck  these overexposed under wearing breakfast cereal ass heroes. Yeah, I said it.  I'd rather see more Hit Girl than any of these boring schmucks and role plays based on alternative concepts rather than these tried and true blockbuster formulaic beaten horses. Same shit, different toilet. It's hard to be excited  about the same 10 characters, I want something different, I want something that's not the usual script. I want to play from the prospective of an unrepentant bad guy in a fucked up world ran entirely by villains,  our world. Or maybe flawed heroes, captain rapist, hero by day, rapist by night. I'm tired of conventional good vs conventional evil. Superhero games need to evolve *drops mic*

Staff aware and acting.

MaiMizzu

Quote from: BlackestKnight on August 01, 2013, 07:54:46 PM
Ugh. I hate to be that guy but Fuck Batman, Fuck Super man, Fuck Spider Man, Fuck Wolverine, Fuck Captain America. Punisher I could see more of but fuck  these overexposed under wearing breakfast cereal ass heroes. Yeah, I said it.  I'd rather see more Hit Girl than any of these boring schmucks and role plays based on alternative concepts rather than these tried and true blockbuster formulaic beaten horses. Same shit, different toilet. It's hard to be excited  about the same 10 characters, I want something different, I want something that's not the usual script. I want to play from the prospective of an unrepentant bad guy in a fucked up world ran entirely by villains,  our world. Or maybe flawed heroes, captain rapist, hero by day, rapist by night. I'm tired of conventional good vs conventional evil. Superhero games need to evolve *drops mic*

If you dont' like it, then don't join it. And it's unnecessary to post such things here. I'm sorry if this offends you so, but again... you don't have to join. Or even post here.

For everyone else who is actually excited for this, we look forward to hearing from you!
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

arkhos

Heyas BK,

You could always start your -own- thread with those ideas you mentioned, rather than going into one you clearly aren't interested in - and posting your displeasure?

I bet if you started your own games with those ideas, you might get some takers. But why you felt the need to come here into a thread about two universes you obviously hate and drop a collection of f-bombs on someone else's ideas is really confusing, and comes across as pretty immature.

Just sayin'.

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

belatris

A by strapped for time at the moment, but I'd be interested in taking up the role of Raven :-)

Jmorty33

Sweet! I would be up for being either Superman or Kyle Rayner.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Imogen

I'd very much like to play Magneto. I know he's usually played as a villain but he's assisted fighting the 'evil' evil more often than enough to qualify as hero. Might also make for some fun dynamics with the X-men joining.

If that's a no go I like to submit a tentative interest for Miss Marvel, Cyclops or Storm.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

apygoos

personally id like to see more women in here. Storm or Ms. Marvel would be pretty legit
I remember your Magneto and Rogue from "A New Fate" while it was up and it was pretty epic.
One thing to keep in mind however: There are no Xmen, no Avengers, no JLA, JSA, Titans, none of it. Some characters history would be more affected than others [i.e. magneto]. Being their first or second year heroing, this will make for some unique interactions

Imogen

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 03:24:18 AM
personally id like to see more women in here. Storm or Ms. Marvel would be pretty legit
I remember your Magneto and Rogue from "A New Fate" while it was up and it was pretty epic.
One thing to keep in mind however: There are no Xmen, no Avengers, no JLA, JSA, Titans, none of it. Some characters history would be more affected than others [i.e. magneto]. Being their first or second year heroing, this will make for some unique interactions

Thank you for that lovely compliment!

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Primarch

I think I could get involved in this.

SHAZAM!

mia h

Sounds interesting just need to pick a hero can't decided between Stargirl, Starfire & Goldstar (anyone spot a theme there?  ;D )

As for the big villain, maybe Eclipso sending out black diamonds to possess\control all the world's leaders or something?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

apygoos

Quote from: Imogen on August 02, 2013, 06:02:10 AM
Thank you for that lovely compliment!
youre most very welcome ;)

Quote from: Primarch on August 02, 2013, 07:51:54 AM
I think I could get involved in this.

SHAZAM!
Billy will need to be a bit older, as-per E standards..as well as not getting treated like  a complete subordinate by others.
Quote from: mia h on August 02, 2013, 11:12:26 AM
Sounds interesting just need to pick a hero can't decided between Stargirl, Starfire & Goldstar (anyone spot a theme there?  ;D )

As for the big villain, maybe Eclipso sending out black diamonds to possess\control all the world's leaders or something?
I think Goldstar would be awesome, an older Stargirl could be pretty good too, as with an older Starfire

JDrew Spider

Oh I'm so up for this. I'd be Interested in playing Storm or Spiderwoman.

Really can't decide. Storm I think...but a different version.

Maybe Elektra.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 11:17:17 AM
Billy will need to be a bit older, as-per E standards..as well as not getting treated like  a complete subordinate by others.

I'm perfectly fine with bringing his age up a few years.

doodasaurus

I am fairly interested in playing Nightwing, though I don't know if that fusses with the timeline set up. 

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on August 02, 2013, 11:17:17 AM
youre most very welcome ;)

As long as Billy doesn't mind getting bossed around when not being all Shazam, the age thing isn't a problem

apygoos

Quote from: doodasaurus on August 02, 2013, 11:44:38 AM
I am fairly interested in playing Nightwing, though I don't know if that fusses with the timeline set up.
by this set up. Richard Grayson would be in his teen years as Robin at best.
I'm a Nightwing fanboy, but unfortunately most of his [normal] history is near-impossible [hell we dont even have a batman..or a rule 63 bat].
I love Dick, and play him in our new Titans game here on E, but with the "year one/2" set up, It's really difficult to bring him to fruition. I would need to talk with Mai about it, but if Bats was bent a bit to allow for a logical time frame for Richard to make that ascension to Nightwing, Bats wouldn't be that "urban myth", he would be pretty well established vigilante in Gotham, which changes that possible plothook greatly.

Oldknight

I wouldn't mind taking Hal Jordon if he is open

Diesel Heart

If I were to join up as someone I'd be one of the following:

Rose Wilson: The daughter to Deathstroke and member of the Teen Titans. Precognitive powers and martial training withe enhanced physiology.

Frenzy: A mutant that belongs to the X-Men. A mutant with steel-hard skin and super-strength.

madamcharisma

Okay this sounds like a great crossover. I do have one questions... do you want people RPing as Villains as well or are the villains going to be strictly NPC.

If we're going strictly heroes and heroines here I would be interested in playing either Emma Frost or Hawkgirl. Either one, whichever you think will fit the plot better.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no beings under God are as we are. None so like him as ourselves." -Lestat, Interview with the Vampire

Current Stories
On the Run
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=176954.0

apygoos

Quote from: Tenshinhan on August 02, 2013, 11:58:52 AM
I wouldn't mind taking Hal Jordon if he is open
well we have Kyle as a GL too..only really one needed i would think, so have it out which Lantern should be it.
Quote from: madamcharisma on August 02, 2013, 12:16:57 PM
Okay this sounds like a great crossover. I do have one questions... do you want people RPing as Villains as well or are the villains going to be strictly NPC.

If we're going strictly heroes and heroines here I would be interested in playing either Emma Frost or Hawkgirl. Either one, whichever you think will fit the plot better.
Hawkgirl would be pretty legit. were not taking PC villains at this time, down the road, once we get going, [i.e. after the first "chapter"] we will though.

madamcharisma

I'm on board if you'll have me. I've always wanted to play Hawkgirl.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no beings under God are as we are. None so like him as ourselves." -Lestat, Interview with the Vampire

Current Stories
On the Run

mia h

Quote from: madamcharisma on August 02, 2013, 12:16:57 PM

*crosses fingers for ame-comi version of hawkgirl*

madamcharisma

Umm... is it bad if I don't know what ame-comi means? Please explain... I would love to broaden my knowledge.

Current Stories
On the Run