News:

Main Menu

Dr Who anyone?

Started by spiritdancer, May 27, 2010, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritdancer

Well.

Have you seen it already?

What are your survival strategies for the next week?
Ons and Offs

Currently looking for players: [EX various] Superheroines/villainesses - Souls Lost - RP Idea - especially canon (marvel and DC) characters wanted, see link

Behold: The Star towers of the Electic Castle! See how it embraces the sky!
How insignificant the mere mortal, dwarfed by the majesty of its electric edifice.

King_Furby

latest episode was really neat, but i'm disapointed. the idea of daleks even being in an alience is stupid.

GeekFury

Quote from: King_Furby on June 20, 2010, 02:48:37 AM
latest episode was really neat, but i'm disapointed. the idea of daleks even being in an alience is stupid.

Well I think the prospect of the universe ending would be enough to drive the Daleks to make the choice of 'be alone in trying to defeat the Doctor or work with others', I was more concerned with the the Judoon as they're just intergalatic time and space policemen, wich means even The Shadow Proclimation wants the Doctor sealed up.

Quote from: spiritdancer on June 20, 2010, 02:17:15 AM
Well.

Have you seen it already?

What are your survival strategies for the next week?

I'm thinking it's all up to Amy Pound in the past or it's going to be one of these dues ex machina where the Doctor goes 'god-like' like was seen in the end of the third series where he got more power from 'peoples physcic prayers' and if it's something like that then I quit, thats just abit to hocus pocus for me in a series where magic is always put down to science.

King_Furby

this whole season's final storyline doesn't feel like dr who at all. yea he killed all those races to end the time war, but the doc is still basically good. of course maybe the daleks are just part of the allience cause none of the other races can beat them. NOTHING COOL CAME OUT OF THE BOX...GRRR

GeekFury

Nothing cool may have came out of it, but whos the one that sent the TARDIS to go boom? It was'nt River Songs fault something was control it, the eary voice that said 'Silence will fall.' gotta be something big!

King_Furby

yea i doubt it ends with tardis going boom.

GeekFury

Well it's already gone boom, at teh end of the last episode you saw all the stars in the universe go nova, but I think it'll all be worked out, I mean they already have the actress that plays Amy and Matt Smith signed for another series.

spiritdancer

The question is not: Are they gonna fix it somehow?
The question is: HOW are they gonna fix this?

It all looks pretty screwed right now. But for the Pandorica holding the Doctor? That was kinda obvious, wasn't it? I mean the "most feared" being in the universe? That should have been a dead giveaway.
Ons and Offs

Currently looking for players: [EX various] Superheroines/villainesses - Souls Lost - RP Idea - especially canon (marvel and DC) characters wanted, see link

How insignificant the mere mortal, dwarfed by the majesty of its electric edifice.

GeekFury

Aye, after Davros named him 'The Destroyer of Worlds!', though that seemed the most obvious, as for whos doing this my moneys on The Black Guardian still I think The White Guardian will appear to help sort this out or the others of The-Six-Fold-Gold.

spiritdancer

and how are chances that Davros is involved here?
A friend of mine said that the voice in the Tardis saying "Silence will fall" sounds an awful lot like Davros.
Ideas?

I'd think if the solution is, as you present it, that would not be an ideal solution. It feels a lot like "Now we've gotten into something and we don't know how to get out anymore. Oh, elt's introduce something that has played no role whatsoever in this series!"
Ons and Offs

GeekFury

Saounds abit like Davros, but if you look at it, all the old enemys that were in the old series, Salurians, Daleks, Cybermen, Macra ( REALLY old ), The Master, Sontarens, Davros and so on it seems right to bring back either The-Six-Fold-God who had a rather big part in the old series' up to bringing 3 incarnations of the Doctor into one place, or even Omega as was stated before. As for Davros, I'm pretty sure when the Crucible exploded in the Medusa Cascade that ended him.

Another theory I've had is maybe something escaped the Time War after The End of Time, like The Nightmare Child or one of the other attrocities from then, or maybe even whatever is in the Void as over and over it's been said 'There is something waiting in the darkness' and as the Void is also called The Howling maybe thats what the silence will fall means, the Voic will break through, would explain the Cybermen there, they are from another dimention the Cybus Cybermen.

King_Furby

could it be the devil? like what if the devil (season 2) somehow escaped the blackhole. darkness was it's thing, and it was older then time, as it said.

GeekFury

Thats a possiblity, there are whole races of 'Beasts' called The Old Ones ( Yes they were ment as a refrance to Lovecraft. ) so could be one of them and that would be harking right back to old days as the only Old One so far was the Nesting Contiousness but thats in the Alliance.

GeekFury

Sorryto double post but, OH COME ON! FUCKING COCKTEASE! TELL ME WHO THE VOICE WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King_Furby

omg episode SUCKED now we got to wait till x-mas.

spiritdancer

aaah!! It's over! Moffat is such a genius :D I LOVE this last episode!

Thought the two-part story started out a bit weak with the Doctor being drawn in. I still think the impression of all of it would have been a lot more intense if the Pandorica as indeed a legend come true and not something ... well ... something like it is.

But that said, the way it was resolved and especially the way it was told what was resolved was great.

and yes. The Fez IS cool! Bow ties and fez!
Ons and Offs

King_Furby

at least we got to see the doc do his dance lol. and i did like the dalek.

spiritdancer

Oh my god. I am crying WITH Amy, when they tell the tale of the Lone Centurion.
Ons and Offs