Sentinels of the Multiverse (Interest Check)

Started by Ace Flyer, December 19, 2016, 03:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Flyer

The Sentinels of the Multiverse

Calling all Sentinels! Do you have what it takes to defend the Multiverse?

The world is enjoying an unprecedented period of peace and tranquility, thanks to the efforts of the Freedom Five. The team of superheros and their allies, led by the hero Legacy, has defended justice and the common man all across the globe from the threats and machinations of villains terrestrial, cosmic, and even inter-dimensional.

But nothing lasts, and the world is not as safe as it seems. A threat none of the heroes could imagined yet waits to reveal itself, having played its pawns and minions into place for centuries. Soon there will be a reckoning, and even the Freedom Five will be hard-pressed to win the day. Will they do as they always done? Or will they finally meet their match, and lay broken beneath the feet of the villains that strive to see them fall?

So!

I've been playing Sentinels of the Multiverse for a while now, and have been itching for a game in that setting. So why not see if I can get one going myself? I have an idea for how to get the game going, based on what the people interested will want to do. As the game is premised as an interactive comic book card game, the world is very open-ended, letting us do just about anything we want to while still giving a basic outline and structure to guide things.

While I, personally, would think it best that people play the Freedom Five or other characters from the game itself, if enough want to I would be open for OC usage, and tying them into the Multiverse. The official game page and the wiki can help anyone brush up on what info there is on any characters they may be interested in.

There's even a one issue comic that serves as an intro to the game!

But, this is primarily an interest check. I have an opening plot in mind, and I'm reluctant to go much further than that without knowing whether or not I'll have people interested in playing.

If people want, though, I can start listing more world and plot information, or what I have of it so far! :D

So, anyone willing to answer the call?

Currently, I'm just looking for hero sign-ups. But if people are really interested in playing villains, post here or PM me and we can see if something can be worked out! And while I have Legacy (all the Legacies) tentatively reserved for myself for the GM role, if someone else really wishes to play him, again, let me know and we can work something out!

Also, just because a character is part of a team, doesn't mean you have to play them as part of the team. For example, while Haka joins the Prime Wardens, he was not always part of the team and can be played as when he is still wandering around solo--the same with Fanatic. Expatriette, while she does become the leader of the Dark Watch, operated as a lone hero for a while before she and her friends banded together to form the team. There's a good bit of options to play around with for each hero, and players are more than able to work with what they like best of each character.

Character Sheet Blank
[float=right][center][img height=370]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/69/f4/7269f4d3626a7c572ed43783ff3656c1.jpg[/img][/center]
[img height=100]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/69/f4/7269f4d3626a7c572ed43783ff3656c1.jpg[/img][img height=100]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/69/f4/7269f4d3626a7c572ed43783ff3656c1.jpg[/img][img height=100]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/69/f4/7269f4d3626a7c572ed43783ff3656c1.jpg[/img][img height=100]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/69/f4/7269f4d3626a7c572ed43783ff3656c1.jpg[/img][/float]
[b][u]BASIC INFO:[/u][/b]
[b]Legal Name:[/b]
[b]Codename/Nickname/Aliases:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Place of Birth:[/b]

[hr]
[b][u]OTHER INFORMATION:[/u][/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b]

[hr]
[b][u]PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:[/u][/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]General Appearance:[/b]
[b]Faceclaim:[/b] (Optional: card art/fan art is also acceptable)

[u][b]ABILITIES/EQUIPMENT/OTHER:[/b][/u]

[u][b]SKILLS:[/u] (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background--Mr. Fixer probably doesn't know how to fly a plane, for example.)
[i]Skill Name[/i]

[u][b]ADVANTAGES:[/b][/u] (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick reflexes, etc.)
[i]Advantage Name[/i]

[u][b]EQUIPMENT:[/u] (Character equipment can be found in their cards for the game. Optional field if you don't want to list everything, but it could be handy is seeing what all your character is capable of. Feel free to ask AceFlyer if you want help finding character equipment. )
[i]Piece of Equipment[/i]

[b][u]HISTORY:[/u][/b] (How did your character come to be, how did they get to this point, this could include dates and years or not. If it does, please refer to our accepted timeline.)

[b][u]PERSONALITY: [/u][/b]

[b][u]CHARACTER FLAWS: [/u][/b] (What is wrong with your character? As a human, as a hero, as a lover. Depending, what kind of ‘problems’ does your character have?)

[b][u]EXTENDED NOTES: [/u][/b] (Anything else we should know?)

The Heroes
The Freedom Five
  • (America's Finest) Legacy / Paul Parsons VIII -- Taken (AceFlyer)
  • Tachyon / Dr. Dr. Meredith Stinson -- Reserved (AribethAmkiir)
  • Bunker / Lt. Tyler Vance
  • The Wraith / Maia Montgomery
  • Absolute Zero / Ryan Frost

Freedom Five Allies/Associates
  • (America's Newest) Legacy, aka Beacon / Pauline Felicia Parsons -- Taken (AceFlyer)
  • Unity / Devra Thalia Caspit -- Reserved (ThisOneGal)

Dark Watch
  • Expatriatte / Amanda Cohen
  • Mr. Fixer / Harry Robert "Slim" Walker
  • Nightmist / Faye Diamond -- Reserved
  • Setback / Pete Riske

The Prime Wardens
  • The Argent Adept / Anthony Drake
  • Haka / Aata Wakarewarewa
  • Fanatic / Helena
  • Tempest / M'kk Dall'ton (aka Mack Dalton)
  • Captain Cosmic / Hugh Lowsley

Other / Unaffiliated
  • Chrono Ranger / James "Jim" Brooks, Sheriff of Silver Gulch -- Taken (TheVillain)
  • Guise / Joseph King -- PM me if interested in playing Guise. Otherwise, N/A.
  • K.N.Y.F.E. / Paige Huntly
  • The Naturalist / Michael Conteh
  • Parse / Kim Howell
  • The Scholar / John Rhodes
  • Sky-Scraper / Portja Kir-Pro
  • The Visionary (Vanessa Long

The Villains
Coming Soon...

AribethAmkiir

Yes!  I'll answer the call.

Never heard of this before, and I'm currently reading the links you've provided, but it sounds fun and I've been itching for a Super-hero game.  :)

Ace Flyer

Yay! Thanks for answering the call! :D

It's a pretty fun game, I think. I play it quite a bit ^^; Any inklings yet towards characters? One other person has messaged me tentative interest, about Nightmist, so that's the only character that might be unavailable right now.

AribethAmkiir

Maybe Tachyon.  I don't know, from what I've seen, it's kind of lacking on interesting female characters.

Ace Flyer

Yeah, there aren't many females...I like most of the ones that are there, though. The Visionary is the only one I don't really like.

Tachyon is certainly an interesting one though! If I remember correctly, she's the team's second-in-command, and probably one of the smartest people on the planet. And, if you would prefer...OCs would be an option, if you just can't find someone that speak to you.

AribethAmkiir

My only worry with Tachyon is that I've never been very good with techno-babble.  :P

Ace Flyer

Hahah! It's fine ^^ Best case...it's practice! Worst case, just make stuff up, so someone else coughs and asks her to repeat in layman's terms. Or just watch a lot of Iron Man...

But yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about the nitty-gritty stuff like that. As long as you have fun with the character, that's the important part, however you do it.

Ron Don Volante

Just planting a flag. I only have read every bit of fiction and own every expansion, have a signed copy of the board game, and the large mat! :D Also AceFlyer rules hard.

BTW there are a few interesting female characters... Nightmist, Tachyon, Expatriette, Vision, and Pinion (Darkwatch version of The Matriarch) come to mind though there are a few others out there that can be added to be made more interesting. FYI, I believe Tachyon is a canon lesbian or, at least, is married to a woman so she could be bisexual though it has not really been expanded on too much.
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

AribethAmkiir

Yup, I caught that much by reading the comic.  I think that's a nice addition to what's, otherwise, a fairly stereotypical character.

Ron Don Volante

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on December 19, 2016, 08:31:28 PM
Yup, I caught that much by reading the comic.  I think that's a nice addition to what's, otherwise, a fairly stereotypical character.
Yeah Tachyon is a bit too much like The Flash though she's one of the most broken characters in the game. Give Nightmist and Expattriette a shot, I think they're pretty cool. Also while The Wraith is a bit TOO much like a Batman expy...who wouldn't want to play a female Batman?!

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on December 19, 2016, 08:28:44 PM
Just planting a flag. I only have read every bit of fiction and own every expansion, have a signed copy of the board game, and the large mat! :D Also AceFlyer rules hard.

BTW there are a few interesting female characters... Nightmist, Tachyon, Expatriette, Vision, and Pinion (Darkwatch version of The Matriarch) come to mind though there are a few others out there that can be added to be made more interesting. FYI, I believe Tachyon is a canon lesbian or, at least, is married to a woman so she could be bisexual though it has not really been expanded on too much.

Heya RDV! And psh...Thanks, but psh. (Also, very jealous of the signed board game! Is that Tactics?)

Where did you learn about Pinion? Is she in Tactics? Or is she one of the heroes coming in Obliveaon?

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on December 19, 2016, 08:31:28 PM

I agree. A few friends of mine give SotM a lot of flak for so obviously blending DC and Marvel. Legacy, for example, is a mash of Superman and Captain America. The Wraith is female Batman. Captain Cosmic is a Green Lantern...and so on, so forth. So breaking the mold where they do, like they did with Tachyon, is nice.

That said, if you think that would limit stuff you may want to do in game, you can twist character backstories some if you with. I'm not planning on a pure smut romp, but it can be fun and have a place in games. ^^ Any important characters to someone past that would be in a NPC role, though, such as Tachyon's wife, you are free to play yourself if you would wish, or I could GM stuff for them.

Ron Don Volante

Yeah I got it signed at GenCon two years back when I bought it. I enjoy the game but learning it was a bit of a slog because the manual wasn't the clearest thing in the world. It also suffers from the "Everyone vs. DM" design that my gaming group tends to dislike.

I take back what I said... Dark Watch Matriarch is Harpy not Pinion (see here. Lore wise, Matriarch is probably my favorite character villain or hero. An age ago I wrote a scene where she takes over crime in a city in a way that resembles Dark Knight's Joker not at all! ;) Anyway, a story with Harpy and Nightmist (her mentor after she's captured by the Freedom Five) would be something I would positively drool over!

Aribeth, not to overload you but a few other characters that are interesting... Fanatic and Unity are pretty cool.

AribethAmkiir

I think someone has already claimed Nightmist, so it isn't a character I've looked at.

I'll take a gander at the others, though.  Thanks!

TheVillain

Planting a flag for the Chrono-Ranger, if he's not off-limits.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: TheVillain on December 20, 2016, 01:28:28 AM
Planting a flag for the Chrono-Ranger, if he's not off-limits.

He's not! :D

I'll add an edit to the opening post about the various teams and hero collections, and who is/isn't reserved/has had interested staked in so far.

I'm hoping for maybe 3-5 people in this aside from myself, to get thing rolling at least. That's the size of the teams in the game, so it should be a good start for this as well. Definitely will allow more people that are interested though!

I'll add a character sheet as well, in case anyone wants to fill one out. The games provide decent starting info on the characters already, but feel free to add some personal touches to help flesh the character out for yourselves some more!

TheVillain

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: James "Jim" Brooks
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: The Chrono-Ranger; The Paradox Rider
Occupation: Former Sheriff of Silver Gulch, Nevada; Temporal Troubleshooter
Place of Birth: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

OTHER INFORMATION:
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons/Offs: Despite appearences and attitude, Jim is surprisingly vanilla. Mostly by virtue of being from a time period where you really weren't supposed to have sex with a woman before marrying her.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

General Appearance: The Chrono-Ranger usually looks like he just stepped out of a Western, one of the modern gritty ones too. His face is cleaner then you'd expect but he frequently walks in public in chaps, poncho, hat, and a handrolled cigar. Of course the poncho is big enough to hide the fact that he's packing at least a six-shooter at all times and he's often wearing futuristic body armor underneath.

The truth is that he's not really a superhero at all by any stetch of the word, at least not in his head. In his own mind he's still just a Sheriff, just one whose Jurisdiction has been expanded a bit...

Faceclaim: Ben Browder

ABILITIES:
The Paradox Rider - The Chrono-Ranger's namesake power, Jim Brooks is a confirmed Time Traveller. Somehow, through methods unknown to modern science, the Chrono-Ranger can in some circumstances summon and utilize Time Portals capable of transporting at up to the mass of at least 6 adults through time and space up to thousands of years. [The truth is that this isn't actually a power of Jim's, but of Jim's secret partner Con; an AI from thousands of years in the future that actually possesses the technology.]

The Displaced Armory - The Chrono-Ranger has access to weapons and gadgets up and down the timeline, most of which is kept slightly out of sync of time ready for Jim to take and use. [With Cam's help.]

Cybernetics - One reason he likes to wearing the poncho and hat pretty much at all times is to hide the fact that his left arm and left eye, along with a lot of the flesh in between, are actually artificial enhancements. His arm contains hidden blades, a grabbling hook system, and can reconfigure itself into essentually a high-tech bow and arrow set.

SKILLS:
Tracker - Whether hunting game to survive in the wild to hunting down fugutives, Jim Brooks is said to be able to track just about anything even without technological assistance.

Sharpshooter - One of the few things Jim gives his father credit for was teaching him to shoot straight. In gunfights, Jim can usually be trusted to make Headshots while other shooters can't even be expected to make the shots at all.

Law Man - A Sheriff at heart, Jim does try to know the Laws and Customs of anywhere and anywhen he goes. Tries.

Dirty Bastard - Jim is not in the habit of giving a fair fight, and has become something of an expert of using improvised and often morally questionable but effective tactics to achieve his goals.

Time Master - As an experienced time traveller, the Chrono-Ranger has a shocking level of "historical knowledge" just from first hand experience of the past and future.

ADVANTAGES:
True Grit - If he has to explain it, you don't have it. Call it Courage, call it Balls, call it Cajones, call it Willpower, call it being a Stupid and Stubborn Bastard. Whatever it is, he's got it.

Quick Draw - Sheriff Jim Brooks of Silver Gulch, Nevada is considered by historians to be a genuine candidate for the Fastest Gun in the West.

Sucker for Pain - Jim's Pain Tolerance is shockingly high.

Light Sleeper - You never do know if that rustling sound is just a critter or one of the Hayes boys getting ready to take a shot again.

EQUIPMENT: Mostly found in the Displaced Armory, Jim has access to weapons and gadgets from up and down history. Here's a few favorites.
Jim's Hat - A standard wide-brimed cowboy hat.
Lee Ann - A 19th century Six-Shooter, modified with future technology for accuracy and speed.
The Preacher - A mini-AI HUD programmed into Jim's artificial left eye. Essentually a small budding of Jim's future AI partner Cam.
Danny Boy - A 22nd century combat shotgun with incendirary ammo.
Ace in the Hole - A 24th century Neuro-Toxin Dart Thrower, capable of being concealed up a sleeve.
Gravestones - 29th century Energy/Temporal Grenades. Named for the cold and silence effect they create.
The Masadah - An energy cannon from an unknown date in the future. Frighteningly powerful even by the Chrono-Ranger's standards and only to be used as a weapon of last result. Might be capable of not just destroying it's targets but completely erasing them from space-time.

HISTORY:
To the Current Legacy
Only to Be Opened After Encountering the Paradox Rider

~~~~~

Having no idea when this will be opened, I can't help but wonder who it will be. My son, his son after him? Some distant descendent I will never meet? It's not pleasent to think about but I don't want you to be unprepared.

My father, your ancestor, began writing these letters the first time he encountered the Chrono-Ranger after officially becoming the Legacy. When I took the mantle from him he said it was important that we keep this tradition going. Now I suppose it's your turn, whoever of my descendents you are.

I don't want you to be unprepared, so in this letter I'm going to impart to you everything our family has ever learned about the Chrono-Ranger. Your job is to write a letter to the future holders of the Legacy whenever you manage to learn something new about him. If you're reading this letter, then I'm passing this responsibility to you as well. Use it wisely.

The Chrono-Ranger's real name is James Brooks, if he likes you he lets you call him Jim. He claims he was at one point the Sheriff of a small town called Silver Gulch, Nevada. I talked to my contacts in the OSS, and they confirmed it - there was a Sherif James Brooks of Silver Gulch, Nevada - and he disappeared without a trace in 1883. That's about all of his story I've been able to confirm for sure.

He approached our unit last month, during special missions in southern France. Nazi scientists have been raiding graveyards and using some sort of process to fuse the bodies into electrically powered super-solders. We've been calling them Doomtroopers, and he's been helping us kill them. Command wants to know how he knows about the Doomtroopers but we're glad to have him - he's almost as good a shot as I am. After a particularly successful day of not only killing 5 Doomtroopers and capturing one of the scientists making them we got to do some drinking, and I finally got him to share some of his story.

He says that in 1883 there was a string of disappearences in Silver Gulch that he was investigating. At first they thought they were the victims of indian raids, but the investigation uncovered that all the local tribes were also experiencing similiar vanishings. Eventually Silver Gulch decided to reach out to the tribes and they all came to an agreement, Silver Gulch and each affected village volunteered at least 2 warriors each to work together in a patrol to find the mystery culprits. Again, the OSS can confirm this part but little else.

While very drunk, he claims that they finally found the culprits. Seven foot tall Rat Monsters coming through Time Portals from the Far Future out in the Desert. It sounds ridiculous but I got him to repeat it three times, he at least believes that's what really happened. The patrol attacked, and chased the monsters back into the portal to try to get the missing people back. He claims that the Rats were eating their prisoners but the patrol managed to kill a couple dozen of the monsters and rescue the rest of their human prisoners.

Not without cost though. On their way back to the portal they were ambushed, and one of the Rats gravely wounded Brooks - bit off Jim's left arm entirely if you believe that. Figuring there was no way to save himself, Sheriff Brooks talked the others into cauterizing his wounds then leaving Ammunition for his six-shooter. Sacrificing himself for his unit while the others could escape with the civilians, that sort of them.

He claims, with a laugh no less, that he actually managed to kill all the other Rats first. Or at least he killed enough of them that the rest fell back. Before he officially succumed to his wounds he claims he was rescued by one of the denizens of the far future - a robot-man he calls Con. Apparently saying the robot-man's name spooked him. He didn't say any more. I presume that it's Con that at least got him the mechanical arm.

I think that's what he does now. He goes back and forth through time, killing monsters and stopping threats before they get too powerful to stop. I'm not sure about that though, he refuses to confirm it. I can tell you that he's been a big help here. He's saved the unit's lives several times over and some of those guns of his do more damage to Doomtroopers then the rest of our guns put together.

So if you come across the Chrono-Ranger, take my advice. He's here to help kill some monsters and save the world. Take his help, with a smile - but don't Trust him. I don't know what it is about him, but there's - something wrong.

Signed,
Paul Parsons, United States Army - OSS
April 21st, 1943.

PERSONALITY: "Rough Around the Edges" puts it nicely. Jim Brooks was the Sheriff of a town in the Wild West and that shows. He's rough, downright cruel in a fight, macho too the point that it poisons water around him, quick to fight, quick to cuss, and quick to drink. Fortunately he's a good man at heart if it's not immediately obvious. He has a strong since of Justice, even if it's old west style justice. Sometimes you got to be willing to die to protect good people, to be willing to put down the occasional wild animal, and you got to be willing to put a bad man on a rope and in the ground.

Amazingly, he's taken to time travel surprisingly well. In his head, he just has a different juristiction then he used to have. He still thinks of his job as to do what he can to protect good people, to be willing to put down the occasional wild animal, and to put the occasonal bad man in the ground - just now we may be talking 21st century bystandards, rat monsters from the end of time, and time travelling Nazis respectively now.

CHARACTER FLAWS:
Time Tramp - Now "freed from the bonds of history", The Chrono-Ranger now has no true home time period. This may help him blend into time periods, but it also means he'll never blend in entirely.

19th Century Man - James Brooks was raised to believe in the beliefs and prejudices of the 1800's, the good and the bad.

Too Stubborn to Die - Sheriff Brooks believes he once literially out-stubborned Death, and while his Willpower is impressive it sometimes comes out when it will do more harm then good.

The Hate That Freezes Hell - Jim Brooks hates Rats. Not the "Actually Afriad of them" kind of hate either, he will go out of his way to kill Rats even when it risks his own life and well-being. Especially rats that are bigger then they should be. He considers the villain Plague Rat a walking dead man.

EXTENDED NOTES:
Partner - The secret of the Chrono-Ranger's success, Jim has a secret partner on his adventures. An AI from thousands of years in the future "Con" is the one with the actual time portal technology that actually gives Jim his missions.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Ace Flyer

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing him in action!

AribethAmkiir

Do we have 5 people interested in this?  If so, I'll start making a character sheet.

Ace Flyer

Well, I was hoping for at least 3-5. And I think we're at least at 3...You, RDV, and TheVillain.

The person who was interested in Nightmist puts us possibly at 4. And if you count me, we could have 5, if you don't mind the GM playing as well, instead of just GMing.

Also, if you or anyone else wants, I personally love playing multiple characters. So if anyone else wants a second or third, I'll okay them ^^

TheVillain

I think people may get more interested if they see a few character sheets.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: TheVillain on December 22, 2016, 04:35:14 PM
I think people may get more interested if they see a few character sheets.

Good point...I'll work on getting the Legacies up tonight. Tomorrow at the latest, as work is just...evil lately x.x

Hmm...I could take suggestions though, as I always struggle with it. Who could be some good face claims for the two?

Ace Flyer

Paaul Parsons VIII / Legacy
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Paul Parsons VIII
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Legacy
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois

OTHER INFORMATION:
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons/Offs: Coming Soon!

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Blue
General Appearance: Legacy, either by intention or mere whim of fate, looks like the hero he strives to be. Tall and powerfully built, his hair is kept short and styled. Always clean-shaven and ready with an encouraging smile, one would be hard pressed to not look at Legacy and feel inspired. His uniform is simple, the national colors of his nation with the emblem of the lantern--a light to lead the way for justice and peace, and the good of all. In the rare moments he is a civilian, he prefers simple and casual clothes, and only very rarely will he wear his military dress uniform.

Faceclaim: Chris Evans

ABILITIES/EQUIPMENT/OTHER:

ABILITIES:

• Invulnerability - Legacy is nigh-invulnerable to most forms of harm. Normal bullets will bounce off of his skin, blades chip and break on him, and more than one person has broken their hand trying to punch him. Magic and advanced technology, however, can harm him--the latter of which his nemesis, Baron Blade, puts to great effect.
  • Flight - Legacy can fly, at speeds comparable to a fighter jet. Tachyon can run circles around him on the ground, but he is faster than the average human as well.
  • Super Attributes - One of the strongest men alive, Legacy also possesses enhanced senses, such as sight and hearing. He's also quite intelligent, though humility tends to have him bow to the judgement of experts in fields he merely dabbles in.

SKILLS:

• Leader - A natural and charismatic leader, Legacy knows how to inspire those around him and to bring out the best in people. Those around him often feel galvanized in their actions, and perform to even greater heights.
  • Oratory - While he can be accused at time of being overly...dramatic, and poetic, and wax the patriotism a bit much, Legacy is a superb speaker and negotiator.
  • Martial Arts - While precise martial arts have largely been unneeded due to his super strength (the Wraith can knock him all around a sparring ring), he has studied the basics of karate, jujitsu, and a few others.
  • Cooking - Legacy is a surprisingly good cook.
ADVANTAGES:

• National Icon - Along with the rest of the Freedom Five, Legacy is a national icon, and is recognized almost everywhere he goes. While this naturally comes with disadvantages of various kinds, it typically means the full support of the government and local forces.
  • Never Give Up, Never Surrender - Also called being stubborn, Legacy will continue to fight as long as he is still breathing. A villain will not win the day until he's been completely subdued, and his refusal to let mere things like pain and injury stop him means there's always a long fight when he's involved. Or, for rescue operations, it means he'll go days without sleep until he is certain everyone possible has been saved.

EQUIPMENT:

• Legacy Ring - A simple ring, made of silver, by the silversmith Paul Revere, with the engraving "Furthering your Father's Legacy," it has been passed down from Parson to Parson, as a symbol of the beliefs and the code they aspire to hold themselves to.

HISTORY:
The history of "Legacy" extends back as far as the American Revolution, when the young Joseph William Parsons first develop heightened senses. The nature of the family's powers has never been fully ascertained, beyond the fact that it is genetic, and constantly evolving. Each successive generation of the family has stronger abilities than the generation before, and often gains a new ability as well. The ability to fly was first discovered in the early 1900's, by the current Legacy's great-grandfather, and that man was the first to take the name Legacy and become the worlds first superhero.

A Paul Parsons has fought in every major war, with the notable exception of the Vietnam War. The current Legacy's father, Paul Parsons, the 7th, was a great American hero. Before his fall at the hands of Baron Blade, he fought in World War II, led a platoon of soldiers, and single-handedly destroyed Fyodor Ramonat's war-zeppelins. Because of the war, he did not get married or have children until much later in life, though his son grew to be known as America's Finest Legacy, taking the place of his father in the lineage of Legacies. And though Legacy has always been an American hero and patriotism runs strongly in the Parsons family, this has not deterred Legacy from appearing to defend liberty and justice all over the world.

The current Legacy, born April 18th, 1973 in Chicago, Illinois. From early on he was trained by his father to carry on the family duty, taught the ways of liberty, justice, and defending the common man. When his father was killed by the villain Baron Blade, Paul joined the U.S. military, although his service there was quickly left behind in light of more independent heroics. As the threats around the world started to grow, the idea occurred to him that the heroes of the world needed to better themselves. Instances of solo heroics, while defending their areas well, were unable to respond to growing threats. With the aid of the U.S. government, the Freedom Five was founded.

The Freedom Five would become global icons, and time and time again rose to the challenge of defending the people of the world from all that threatened them. As time passed, however, their government oversight became more and more restrictive, and the questions were raised on if they were truly saving the world, or advancing a political agenda...

PERSONALITY:
Raised in the house of a war hero, and knowing that his destiny was to protect mankind, Paul fully believes there is good in the world--sometimes you just need to fight hard enough to bring it to light and remind the world of this fact. Honest to a fault, loyal to all, and horrifically stubborn in his beliefs and values, Paul strives to be the embodiment of the good he fights for. His friends and family are more important to him than his own life, and he would willingly sacrifice himself for any of them.

Willing to help anyone in need, and possessing the patience of a saint (at least until those closest to him are unduly threatened), the man has perhaps rightfully been called the ultimate boy scout, a comment he just takes with a smile and a nod.

CHARACTER FLAWS:

• Stubborn - While in some ways this can be advantageous, it's also a flaw, as at time he has a hard time admitting that what is the just thing to do, may not always be the right thing to do. Living in a world where good and evil are clearly defined, he struggles recognizing the grey areas.
  • Family - His family means everything to him, and any harm that comes to them he views as a failure on his part to protect them. Targeting them is the surest way to gain Legacy's wrath--and it is the easiest way to manipulate him.

EXTENDED NOTES: Coming soon!

Pauline Felicia Parsons / Beacon (Legacy)  WIP
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Pauline Felicia Parsons
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Beacon / Legacy
Place of Birth: Chicaho, Illinois

OTHER INFORMATION:
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Ons/Offs: Pauline is largely inexperienced, but of that age where she can't help but be curious and start experimenting...Rather vanilla, she could probably be convinced into trying anything once. And college girls do know how to party!

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Brown (Blue when using her Powers)
General Appearance:

Faceclaim: Bella Throne

ABILITIES/EQUIPMENT/OTHER:

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background--Mr. Fixer probably doesn't know how to fly a plane, for example.)
Skill Name

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick reflexes, etc.)
Advantage Name

EQUIPMENT: (Character equipment can be found in their cards for the game. Optional field if you don't want to list everything, but it could be handy is seeing what all your character is capable of. Feel free to ask AceFlyer if you want help finding character equipment. )
Piece of Equipment

HISTORY: (How did your character come to be, how did they get to this point, this could include dates and years or not. If it does, please refer to our accepted timeline.)

PERSONALITY:

CHARACTER FLAWS: (What is wrong with your character? As a human, as a hero, as a lover. Depending, what kind of ‘problems’ does your character have?)

EXTENDED NOTES: (Anything else we should know?)

AribethAmkiir

Not sure I'll have time this weekend to make a character sheet.  I'm still interested in Tachyon.

Ace Flyer

I'll mark her down for you ^^

There's no rush on CS's. It's the holidays, after all, so I know people are going to be busy.

Ace Flyer

I hope everyone had a good holiday!

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was and if any help was needed with any CS's :) Or any questions about the game people might have I can answer.

ThisOneGal

Ace Flyer

She's all your's! I'll mark her down if you want to work on a CS :)

If everyone is still onboard, we have enough that I think we can get things going. More are welcome, of course! If I have time today from New Year's shenanigans, I'll get an OOC thread up for us somewhere.