Looking for GM to run a game based around Monster Girls

Started by zergmuncher, December 29, 2016, 12:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zergmuncher

Really the title says it all, i'm not capable enough as a person to be a GM nor do I have the resources to put all the pieces together that would be required to pull something like this off. To make work I would say that a system should be in place just, I don't know which system would work best. So here I am calling any and all Monster Girl loving people, find us a GM so we can bring this party together.

What i'd be looking for in this game would be definitely a story, a decent amount of smut but not enough that it overshadows the story going on. Romance, action, betrayal. I want to see it all. Pm me if you're willing to give this a shot please!

wander

I think Maid would probably be the best system I can think of to run a fun Monstergirl based game, the GM generally acts as the lone guy in the middle of a harem and it's made for running fun anime harem games, where the girls can be anything from elves, androids, vampires, angels/devils, shapeshifters and more... Each Maid rolls twice to get two random special qualities, of which some are the ones I've just listed (so you could be a Mermaid Succubus and other weird and fun creations).

For all monstergirls, I'd say off the top of my head that instead of random rolling, you get to choose your Maid's special qualities (there's no mechanic for any special quality, they're all narrative only so it's still fair), of which at least one should be something suitably 'montergirl'-like.

I would rather play in said game than GM though.  :-)

LivingGarment

Monster Girls freaking rule!

I'll happily join a game if anyone starts one.
Please note that Mondays and Tuesdays I tend to be dead from work. The times I am here those days are for general lurking purposes so please be patient.

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

zergmuncher

If we can find someone to GM it i'd be happy to join forces with the two of you and gather more people to be Monster Girls with us.

Vergil Tanner

If we can find a GM, I'd love to hop on board too! I love me some Monster Girl Dungeon Crawling! :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Greenrust

Hi, my name is Cedric and ive found that a few of you have interest in this idea

I don't surf this site often but ive been rping for just about 10 years and usually play in the gm role in most rps i play in, I could possibly gm this rp for you guys if you were interested on seriously expanding further on the idea
Of all the comforts man can deny himself the only he cant is the warm embrace of someone he loves.

Vergil Tanner

No! Go away, Cedric!

Seriously, though. :P

I'm all for expanding the idea! I didn't have any specific ideas on the plot. I do know that I don't really fancy a Harem Dungeon Crawler; I would much prefer the sexy side coming from either Monstergirl interactions, or from encounters and "failed" combat (or even voluntary surrender). Not sure about what kind of "Plot" there would be, but I like the idea of a group of Monstergirls going dungeon crawling...maybe in an effort to claw their way up the ranks? Or maybe they get trapped in a hostile dungeon and have to escape? Maybe they get captured by a nearby town or Knightly Order? Hell, maybe the players are all non-monster adventurers and they go to a mysterious dungeon, where all the Monsters have mutated? I prefer one of the ones where we play the Monster Girls, since it adds more variety, which is - as they say - the spice of life!

Anywho, the other side of things...would this be a System or Freeform game? Freeform could be fun, but of course, so could System...in this case, I have a feeling that Dungeon World might be the best system to go with, though I'm admittedly not well versed with Systems.

Up to what the rest of you guys want, of course! :D

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Greenrust

Ah ok, guess ill be leaving now *leaves*

Ok to be serious

This has already been done in an actual game, only in reverse, where one person plays as a character and goes on a quest with monster girls and is raped when he loses or surrenders. Thier are two main options of dming this from what i can see, ethier we do the same thing as the game only in an expanded universe focusing not just the character (who would be played by me) but a larger interaction with the rest of the world ill create a quest for. Possible weaknesses being it be hard to introduce everyone at once and can be a bit haremy at times

Second way would involve me building a world where monster girls just happen to exist and build a story around it, this provides an easier way to get everyone involved at once as its much easier to rp not everyone at the same place at the same time where weaknesses might be it lacks a driving force behind the narrative and may make it hard to keep everyone in the same place/

First option is far more systematic and may even carry rpg elements in a game sort of sense while second is far more freeform

Thats my imput, discuss
Of all the comforts man can deny himself the only he cant is the warm embrace of someone he loves.

Vergil Tanner

Out of the two of them, I would prefer the second one. I think the game should be focused on the Monstergirls rather than have them as tertiary characters, y'know? A party of them, rather than them coming in when they intersect with the main character. The second one still offers RPG and system elements if we want it, but as you say, allows for greater freedom in plotting and getting everybody together in a "party," of sorts. It also means the GM can either play a character, or act as the GM (as in DnD and Pathfinder), whichever we prefer. Though playing a character yourself might be...complicated, since you're also inc ontrol of the entire world :P

Anyway! Those are my two cents. I would prefer the first one, with the game revolving around a core group of specific characters who happen to be Monster Girls, and...I dunno, I'm not really all that interested in a Monster Girl Harem Game at the moment, but that's just me.

What do the rest of you guys think?

LivingGarment

I personally would rather go for the second idea. I'd rather be part of a group of monster Girls, a nice twist on the usual adventuring plot.
Please note that Mondays and Tuesdays I tend to be dead from work. The times I am here those days are for general lurking purposes so please be patient.

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

zergmuncher

Greenrust

Alright, I think i can do it, now one natural problem with group rps is different tastes, if you guys got one and offs and f-lists that make my life easier, i cant memorize it all but i can get a general idea of the groups taste

Vergil Tanner

My Ons and Offs

I'm very easy to please, really. :-)

So, do people want to use a System - rolls and stats and whatnot - or make it freeform? A system of some kind might help guide Smut Scenes and determine outcomes. It doesn't even need to be a full System, it could just be a simple "You roll a dice and I roll a dice, and the higher result wins." Or we could retrofit something like Dungeon World or Pathfinder or something. Up to what you guys want! Which would you prefer; Freeform or System? :-)

LivingGarment

I have no objection to a sustem since that allows for some structure but I also like some freeform. The potential variety of Monster Girls means there's a lot of potential variations in characters.

Here are my Ons and Offs

Also, I have a blog too!

Vergil Tanner

If we were to go with a System, we could either use something as in-depth as Pathfinder or DnD (which do, I believe, have options for Monster PC's) or one of the other Systems that actively encourage them (there's bound to be a Monster PC System out there that we could alter to cater to Monster Girls), or we could go with something far more simple. One homebrew system I saw once basically said "What level are you? You roll that many Dice against these monsters, which have this set amount of dice. You each roll, and the higher roll wins." Very simplistic, but allowed for System-like mechanics without getting bogged down in stats and equipment. Of course, it depends on what everybody wants to do; if you want to go the full fledged stats and equipment and skills and Feats and the rest, I certainly won't have an issue with that.

Personally speaking, I don't mind either way. I can do either!

who149

If there is still room i'd like to join in as a player!

And I haven't really done my ons/off's in years (I should really get to it). But the gist of it is that my Ons include light bondage, rough play, rough talk, i'm bisexual so I enjoy men and women in any pairing, and well, pretty much everything.

I don't really have a lot in the ways of offs.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Greenrust

I can do a system, might even be interesting where I can add a thing if you lose then depending on who your fighting they might have other interest then simply killing you, ill look into it

Mainly offs im concerned with, as my only off is scat i tend to sometimes dwelve into the extreme and i need to know what i can and can not do

and there should always been room, the amount of monster girls doesnt change my dming

Vergil Tanner

My Ons and Offs linked under my picture (to the left) are up to date :-)

Any system we can come up with would be ok with me :-)

zergmuncher

I could do either really i'm okay with minimalistic systems or even no system at all. I used to have an f-list set up but I must have deleted the signature containing the link to it at some point.

Greenrust

I might set up a system thats very simple just so I add some variation to the battles and make it possible to lose more easily as with players especially in a group some people don't like to lose

Vergil Tanner

I don't mind losing! I mean. I don't like losing all the time, but as long as it's in a fun way, I don't mind!

I would also prefer that in this game, the characters aren't treated to "Permadeath" like in DnD and Pathfinder; since I gather this is gonna be a smutty dungeon romp of some kind, perhaps losing should happen more often, but the consequences aren't as...permanent. If that sounds ok to everybody? :-)