WhiteWolf's Super Bowl LII Predictions Thread!

Started by White Wolf, November 13, 2017, 01:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wolf

Howdy!

I thought it'd be fun now that this year's football season is knuckling down to the serious business to set up a thread for football fans across E to make their predictions for who's gonna' make it through to the playoffs and beyond. Now that we've wrapped up the bulk of Week 10's games we're starting to get a reasonably clear playoff picture having taken shape, and based on that we can start to look ahead to who we might see in the Superbowl next February.

Let's talk Superbowl. Let's talk playoffs. Let's just talk football!

As a Patriots fan I've actually spent the whole season shaking my head and refusing to consider the Patriots as Conference Championship contenders this year. We had an insanely ugly start, being whipped by the Chiefs and then suffering major defensive problems in the first few weeks of the year. We also have had a basically non-existent ground game (until that scorching 100-yd TD last night by Lewis, Hells yeah). My prediction for the NFC representative at the big show has basically not changed since about week 5, but all year I've liked the Steelers for the AFC. After last night's game, and considering what's left on our regular schedule, though, my prediction for the Superbowl as of Week 10 is...

All this said, I don't feel comfortable calling a winner yet if this was to be the Superbowl matchup. My instinct says Philly, but my heart screams New England. What do we think?? What are other people's playoff/superbowl predictions now that we're getting into the final acts of the season?

The stars are coming right. Is this really the end?

Ziether

There is no team I root against harder than the Patriots. This has always been true. Brady is the GOAT. Belichick is, if not the GOAT, in the conversation. I hate their guts.

That said, the AFC South is horrible. The AFC North is riddled with issues that Belichick can exploit. The AFC West is a hot mess. As long as Brady and the O-line are nominally healthy, they'll be in the Twin Cities come the Big Game.

In the NFC, there's more to break down. The NFC South isn't going to produce the contender. There are too many issues. The NFC North is likewise out of the likelihood. Philly is going to the NFC Championship, but I can't say whether Seattle or Los Angeles (DISCLAIMER: I'm an Angeleno) will be in that game to confront them.

I'll give Philly a 35% chance to represent the NFC. I'll go 25% for the Rams. I'll give Seattle 30%, because I think Petey has the edge over the Millennial Man's coaching staff on otherwise highly competitive teams. I'll throw a 10% bone to the entire rest of the NFC as an upset.

Philadelphia 34, New England 29
Under Emergency Maintenance

White Wolf

So this thread didn't take off like I'd hoped it would, hahaha.

But allow me to just bask in reflective glory for a moment and say - CALLED IT!!

Dilly Dilly!

Remiel

I want Philly to win so bad.  *high-fives Z-man*

But everything I know about football tells me New England is going to take this one.

Again.

Deamonbane

Quote from: Remiel on January 30, 2018, 08:03:34 AM
I want Philly to win so bad.  *high-fives Z-man*

But everything I know about football tells me New England is going to take this one.

Again.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Ziether

Quote from: White Wolf on January 24, 2018, 06:11:30 PM
So this thread didn't take off like I'd hoped it would, hahaha.

But allow me to just bask in reflective glory for a moment and say - CALLED IT!!

Dilly Dilly!

*offers a high-five*

Ziether

Only the competitors and winner. I was off on score. But I'll take that much what with a November 13th claim date.

Remiel

I think you're not giving yourself enough credit.  First, the Eagles had to get past the Falcons and the Vikings.  Both times, they were the underdogs.  Second, you predicted a high-scoring game (which it was) and that the Eagles would not only win, but do so by 8 points or less.

That's a hell of a prediction, in my book.

Quick Ben

Ugh, it hurt my soul to watch the Pats lose in another Super Bowl they should have won. I'm disappointed Malcolm Butler didn't play, but if coach had a reason for it then I won't fuss over it. But... I really feel he could have made one key stop on the defensive side to give us the ball back especially when Philly was cutting them up passing. Blargh, man, just blargh. For Tom to play so damn good and still lose is just obnoxious.

Granted, I'm mostly over it now because if it isn't the Giants then the loss is significantly more bearable. My life will not be complete until the Patriots crush the Giants team and franchise until they are nothing more than shattered helmets and dust.
The Crazy Den of Quick Ben

"We have a proverb," said Hadji Murád to the interpreter, " 'The dog gave meat to the ass, and the ass gave hay to the dog, and both went hungry,' " and he smiled. "Its own customs seem good to each nation."

Mile High -- Redd & Hood -- Lana Cross -- Goblet of Murder & Mystery -- Naughty or Nice --  Princess Peach

White Wolf

Quote from: Quick Ben on February 17, 2018, 04:31:05 PM
Ugh, it hurt my soul to watch the Pats lose in another Super Bowl they should have won. I'm disappointed Malcolm Butler didn't play, but if coach had a reason for it then I won't fuss over it. But... I really feel he could have made one key stop on the defensive side to give us the ball back especially when Philly was cutting them up passing. Blargh, man, just blargh. For Tom to play so damn good and still lose is just obnoxious.

Granted, I'm mostly over it now because if it isn't the Giants then the loss is significantly more bearable. My life will not be complete until the Patriots crush the Giants team and franchise until they are nothing more than shattered helmets and dust.

WORD IS Nick Foles is on the trade block, and has received offers from an as-yet-unnamed AFC franchise.

How beautiful would it be if it was us? Hahahaha