News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Any love for Sailor Moon anymore??

Started by EpikBliss, February 21, 2011, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Major

And then we have the whole thing with "Raye" trying to kick "Serena" out of the Senshi and take over in one episode, where originally Rei was just complaining that Usagi needed to learn responsibility.

There's a couple of  good examples on the TvTropes page for "Commander Contrarian" for Rei's Dub-Induced Dickishness.

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

LadyDiscord

Well, I guess we'll see what will become of this eventually. Maybe we'll do a mix of the anime and manga. I never seen the live action series. I actually tried to sit down and watch it, but couldn't get in to it.

The thing that I always wondered about anime is how the characters look caucasian though they're asian. OMG that rhymed!
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Major Major

I know this one, actually.

There's a throwaway line somewhere that said that the moment they transformed to their Senshi forms for the first time, their human DNA was overwritten by their previous selves' Moon Kingdom DNA, making them Lunarians rather than humans.

pendarious

well anime in general suffers from this antic though. MOST anime characters will look caucasian. There are occasionally characters who look truely asian but those are typically used as overly stereotypical characters. on top of that caucasian characters who are actually caucasian are nearly ghostly pale skinned with a very light shade of blonde or silver hair.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Xenolord

I think we're all in agreence when we say it's better for the Japanese names. Less... mind-rapy.

LadyDiscord

Oh...so they become Lunarians. That explains the wigs. I'm going to look it up.
✔✦✘

Major Major

Better have some Advil handy; a lot of the background fluff is so nonsensical it'll give you a headache.

LadyDiscord

Oh my god!! Too late! No more live action!!!
✔✦✘

Major Major

Wait until you read about the fall of the Moon Kingdom.

pendarious

*laughs* I've seen the anime and the live action.....never read the manga though.

that was nutty as hell...

Major Major

Here's the big sticking point for most people.

The anime said that the Moon Kingdom fell 10,000 years ago, right?

How long ago does the manga say?

4.5 billion years, and evolution had to restart to boot.

pendarious

yeah it's such a strange thing to think about really.

LadyDiscord

Oh my goodness. Billions!? Why bother going back that far??

I just got done reading almost everything! My head hurts..

Would it be to much to ask if we could tweak the Sailor Moon Universe to our own benefit.
✔✦✘

Major Major

Not a problem for me; I do that anyway.

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘

Major Major

So, what tweaking did you have in mind?

LadyDiscord

Well basically whatever we are uncomfortable we'll toss out and replace it with something better. That kind of tweaking.
✔✦✘

Major Major

Fair enough. In that case, might I suggest tossing out that crap about Haruka and Michiru being cousins?

LadyDiscord

Omg , that was most confusing situation in Sailor Moon to me. They're how old at the start of the series? 15? However they seem so much more mature and they're lovers too?
✔✦✘

Major Major

Yep. Haruka and Michiru are soulmates; I think that they're maybe about a year older than the Inner Senshi, at most.

LadyDiscord

Oh, well then that solves it. I wouldn't mind playing an older version of chibiusa.
✔✦✘

pendarious

of course the one thing i don't like about sailor moon is all the time travel that's involved

TheMuseErato

Oh...SNAP and a half! I would love to jump in on this if there is still time and opportunity! I remember coming up with my own Sailor Sun, (There are a bajillion versions of this senshi that so should have made it into the series.) and I am familiar with the entire series. I can still give the english translations to the senshi's Japanese names, remember all of their attacks and such because it was the first anime that I came across.
If possible, I'd seriously love to play my sun character, though I can just as easily play Setsuna/Pluto or Rei/Mars since personality wise they're more comfortable for me to play. I might even be persuaded to do Michiru/Neptune.
Flattery is the poison assassins use to weaken and lower their victim's defenses.

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘