Pathfinder City (Interest check)

Started by Rune, August 07, 2010, 07:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Name:  Kas val Zorst
Race: Human
Class: Fighter with aims for assassin Prestige class later

Theres much work to do but I wanted to get the basics done
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Katina Tarask

Brandon

Good to know, also I was wondering if we allow traits can I have this one? It was originally written for Kingmaker int he Kingmaker players guide (free download btw) so it needs some name changes

Bastard (limited to human characters): One of your
parents was a member of one of the great families of
Brevoy, perhaps even of the line of Rogarvia itself. Yet
you have no substantive proof of your nobility, and you’ve
learned that claiming nobility without evidence makes
you as good as a liar. While you might own a piece of
jewelry, a scrap of once-rich fabric, or an aged confession
of love, none of this directly supports your claim. Thus,
you’ve lived your life in the shadow of nobility, knowing
that you deserve the comforts and esteem of the elite,
even though the contempt of fate brings you nothing
but their scorn. Whether a recent attempt to prove your
heritage has brought down the wrath of a noble family’s
henchmen or you merely seek to prove the worth of the
blood in your veins, you’ve joined an expedition into
the Stolen Lands, hoping to make a name all your own.
You take a –1 penalty on all Charisma-based skill checks
made when dealing with members of Brevic nobility but
gain a +1 trait bonus on Will saves as a result of your
stubbornness and individuality. (The penalty aspect
of this trait is removed if you ever manage to establish
yourself as a true noble.)
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Ixy

Currently reviewing, per Katina's suggestion, some features in the Advanced Players' Guide.  If bardic, then I'm considering Sandman or Street Performer.

Rune

Here is an OOC area to discuss plotlines and other ideas. If you have not done so yet, please post your charcter in the character thread as well.

OOC area https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78512.0

Character thread https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78367.0

Rune

I have no problem with this.

Quote from: Brandon on August 09, 2010, 12:12:53 AM
Good to know, also I was wondering if we allow traits can I have this one? It was originally written for Kingmaker int he Kingmaker players guide (free download btw) so it needs some name changes

Bastard (limited to human characters): One of your
parents was a member of one of the great families of
Brevoy, perhaps even of the line of Rogarvia itself. Yet
you have no substantive proof of your nobility, and you’ve
learned that claiming nobility without evidence makes
you as good as a liar. While you might own a piece of
jewelry, a scrap of once-rich fabric, or an aged confession
of love, none of this directly supports your claim. Thus,
you’ve lived your life in the shadow of nobility, knowing
that you deserve the comforts and esteem of the elite,
even though the contempt of fate brings you nothing
but their scorn. Whether a recent attempt to prove your
heritage has brought down the wrath of a noble family’s
henchmen or you merely seek to prove the worth of the
blood in your veins, you’ve joined an expedition into
the Stolen Lands, hoping to make a name all your own.
You take a –1 penalty on all Charisma-based skill checks
made when dealing with members of Brevic nobility but
gain a +1 trait bonus on Will saves as a result of your
stubbornness and individuality. (The penalty aspect
of this trait is removed if you ever manage to establish
yourself as a true noble.)

Callie Del Noire

Name: Callie Del Noire (formerly: Callic Del Noire)
Race: Tiefling (formerly Human)
Class: Sorceress

Born to a lesser noble family that was more merchant than noble, Callic grew up with little or no guidance on how to live his life and would most likely have gotten into more trouble on his own. His mother was charmed by a suave man by the name of Timmon Greylace who offered to take him as a 'squire' and make a gentleman of him. Greylace turned out to be a bigger scoundrel than he had been.
Just a lot more witless than Callic, who spent more than his fair share of time bailing the man out of trouble. Husbands, fathers, and many other male relations wanted the man dead for all sorts of reasons. Mostly dealing with his way making with various female relations. He learned to lie, cheat, bribe and find a man with the right set of keys when needed.
Till the night Timmon drew the ire of one mage over the discovery that his daughter was with child and Timmon was the father. A miscast curse due to a mispronounced word in the spell mixed with using a bit of Callic's blood sent the curse screaming towards the hapless boy. Who woke up to discover the miscast magics had awoken a long sleeping blood heritage of his mother's side of the family. The heritage of a succubi in her family line.

Ironwolf85

I've got a bunch of rp's in the works, mind if I join if one falls through?
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Rune

Ruby
Geeklet
Ivy
Brandon
Ironwolf
Keelan
Jericho

If any of you would like to post your characters in the character thead, we can try to get something started.

Geeklet

Yeah, work has kinda gotten to me the past few days. I'll try and get something done by the weekend.

uoheinrich

Name Oleg Furystorm
Race Ulfen/Human
Occupation Hunter
Class Paladin of Erastil
Gender Male

Just so you know if you want more specifics you can ask me. I've done the Kingmaker adventure path from Pathfinder and I know a lot of the pathfinder world. I do in fact have almost all of the core books. Even traits and background occupations.
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Rune

Excellent! We will be creating our own world as the game progresses, but we are using the rules from the two core books.

Go ahead and post your character in the character section.

On a side note, what would you like to see in the game. Exploration? Battle? Magic? Romance?

So far there are two plots underway. In the first, the Prince Heir has dissappeared. A rescue mission might be in order.

The second plot involves a cursed thief and the exploration of lost magic.

Is there anything you would like to throw into the mix?

Quote from: uoheinrich on August 12, 2010, 03:44:05 PM
Name Oleg Furystorm
Race Ulfen/Human
Occupation Hunter
Class Paladin of Erastil
Gender Male

Just so you know if you want more specifics you can ask me. I've done the Kingmaker adventure path from Pathfinder and I know a lot of the pathfinder world. I do in fact have almost all of the core books. Even traits and background occupations.

uoheinrich

Honestly I think it should be up to the players what happens. If they want romance they should make it happen and so on and so forth.

Where's the character section. And can I use my books? I can send some of them to you but only the small ones. The big ones won't go through.. I've tried....
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Rune

You should see the link about 9 posts back.

I agree about the players having a big say in the scene, but I can help set the scene with location and plot. For example, starting the game in the misdt of a muddy battlefield sets a very different mood than say... a lord's dinner party.

uoheinrich

Very true. FYI I'm used to the table top style so this might be a little difficult to transfer over. Though as the DM you have the ultimate say.

Rune

I tend to be more freeform here than I am on my tabletop games. But I am sure we will find common ground.

PS Thanks for the offer of the books. But if I need them I will buy them. No need to steal intellectual property. Wouldn't want to violate any copyright laws.

Ixy

Basically, with the players involved, we hve the potential to have some great interaction.  But I get the feeling that, without a 'divine' presence by way of a GM, it's going to get really thin really quick.  I personally like the idea of a couple small scale situations-- mini-ventures, really, that won't take more than 1 or 2 days to complete (or botch... botching can be fun).

uoheinrich

lol true. But I didn't steal them. You can buy the PDF's from Paizo.com.

Rune

Quote from: Ixy on August 12, 2010, 04:10:20 PM
Basically, with the players involved, we hve the potential to have some great interaction.  But I get the feeling that, without a 'divine' presence by way of a GM, it's going to get really thin really quick.  I personally like the idea of a couple small scale situations-- mini-ventures, really, that won't take more than 1 or 2 days to complete (or botch... botching can be fun).

1 or 2 days game time or real time?

I was think about starting the game with a dinner party at the house of Lord Rune Blackthorn.

Another alternate start would be on the battlefield where tthe kings forces just clashed with barbarians.

Of course I am open to suggestions as well.

uoheinrich

So is everyone invited to the Dinner Party? Or what's the deal?

RubySlippers

My character is a scoundrel either works, she has no issues "borrowing goods no longer needed" from the dead or attending a party.

Rune

Depends on how you want to begin.

The dinner part could get very interesting quickly (once I :-) have your character sheet)

Or if you want an alternate beginning I could arrange that as well.

uoheinrich

Btw how many points do we have to spend?

Rune

Let's please move this discussion to the OoC area.

(Generate your character as you see fit)

uoheinrich