Welcome To The Rebellion 2.0 (Super Villains Vs Super Hero)

Started by Norsegod1839, June 20, 2018, 01:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Super Villains Vs Super Heroes

They came out of the shadows shining beacons of hope and justice to all who gazed at them. They possessed grand powers and the drive and courage to use them. They brought law and order back to a lawless world and in their climatic battle with the cabal destroyed the villains who had long held reign over the world. Once the dust settled the gods among men took their rightful place in the pantheons above us. Most of them settled in Metro City and it became the premier destination for seeing the famous hero's. A age of peace of advancement settled on the earth a self named "golden age".

Or so everyone thought

Like a coin there is a flip side to this glittering utopia. Not all is what it seems. The hero's who once saved us and now watch over us are not all shinning gods any more. Their time among us has corrupted them, left them vulnerable to the vices of men. Some of them have already fallen and rely on their super powered police force of lesser powers to cover their indiscretion and crimes.

A new force must rise not a force of hero's who can be corrupted but instead those who walk the moral line.

The cabal is dead

But their children are not.

History

The Begining

2027: A man walks into Times Square in New York City with a briefcase. He sets it in the middle of the crowded city and unleashed the Human Evolutionary Virus. The HEV covers Times Square in black goo and encases everyone in there in a form of chrysalis.

A month later they begin to emerge from the cocoons! Its apparent from the start that they HEV virus has fundamentally changed them and given them unique powers. The world is suddenly filled with up to 50,000 "super" powered individuals. During the chaos of the cocoons opening thousands of super powered people escape and Time Square is destroyed.

A mere five percent of the new super hero population are actually caught in the chaos. The rest escape and begin to spread out among the world.

The Age Of Anarchy

2029: Two years later Super hero and super villains are now a common facet of everyday life. The world has changed greatly because of these powers and the HEV virus and a sort of Renaissance has exploded in many part of the worlds. Great gains have been made in technology thanks to powered individuals and way of life.

Much of the world however has to deal with "hero's" who do more harm and good. Such a wide infection of super hero powers have led to a complete lack of control and chain of command. Most "super hero's" do more harm than good and our known for their public screw ups. The government has tried putting together its own task force for the super powered individuals but so far they have been unable to get a handle on it.

Meanwhile the Trask Corporation has been put in charge of the super powered individuals who were captured. They are given a secret black site known as the Farm and tasked with figuring out what the HEV virus is and what it does. With unlimited funding and no accountability the Farm quickly becomes a horror story of inhuman rights and experimentation. The larger powered community does not know about this and neither does the general public.

2030: A series of attacks on the United States government rocks the world. The attacks are quickly claimed by one individual a powered person calling himself Anarchy. Anarchy is a activist who believes that the world would be better off without government.  He passionately talks about government persecuting the powered population. He also calls out the Trask Corporation for "inhuman experimentation" the Trask Corporation denies any claim.

2031: In secret Anarchy brings the most powerful powered people to a secret meeting in the ruins of Time Square. He reveals to them his plan to take down the government and incite a revolution to put powered humans on top. While the villains are dismissive of this at first they change tunes when he shows them picture of the Farm and the inhuman experiments. When questioned how he got these picture he alludes to having a "man inside".

He talks them into joining him by offering them each a position of power in his new world order. They agree and he christens them the Cabal.

The Cabal Rises

2035: In a stunning move the cabal and their various enforcers attack the Farm. They are let in by Anarchy himself who they never learn is actually Bolliver Trask the head of the Trask Corporation. He manipulates events so that it looks like he as Anarchy kills Trask. In reality this is a mutant with shape shifting abilities Trask tricks into being his stand in. Anarchy leads the revolution through the prison and the rest of the powered ones are finally free. Anarchy leads them into hiding with a promise that the world would pay for what they did to his brothers and sisters.

2036: The super powered civil war begins against the human population and the powered one. The cabal lead devastating attacks on government centers all around the world. Anarchy and his forces take on the United States directly. The cabal and Anarchy focus their efforts on the Government itself and not the various nations army. This leads to many stand off and hostage situations.

In a matter of month most of the various world governments are left in shambles and many have been fully exterminated. Chaos is rampant all around the world and a system of only the strong surviving emerges. Anarchy power set allows him to feed on this and he becomes something of a god as the dust settles. He divides the united states and other nations among the Cabal. Anarchy builds himself a palace in Times Square itself. The world becomes a lawless wasteland with the cabal ruling over a lose collection of territories.

PART TWO

A New Hope

2040: Ultra Man is born in a small mountain village. Ultra Man is the first born super hero that wasn't spawned by two villains. Ultra man is born to a pair of farmers trying to survive in the post Anarchy world.

2045: In what was once New York City a masked vigilante operating in the shadows begins attacking Anarchy and his men. The vigilante quickly becomes something of a bogey man for anarchy forces and owns the name "shadow"

This is the same year that Anarchy finds out he is dying from an aggressive cancer. This causes him to withdraw and his power over New York and to an extent the resst of the cabal diminishes.

2050: In the ruins of Washington the vigilante known as the shadow brings together various freedom fighters from across the world. Much like the meeting with the Cabal many years ago the shadow asks the lesser powered wannabee hero's to join him in open rebellion. They refuse however stating that they are to weak to openly go to war with the cabal. The shadow leaves them in disgust and goes on a journey around the world to recruit an army.

2060: After ten years of searching the shadow hears rumors of a miracle hero hiding in the mountain. He journeys to the settlement and finds a twenty year old Ultra man. His power level is unlike anything before and thanks to his human upbringing is very heroic if not naive. The shadow convinces Ultra Man to join him as a member of the Justice Force.

2061: Shadow and Ultra Man attack New York City to rally the rest of the underground hero's. Anarchy who has been hiding his failing health from the rest of the Cabal engaged Ultra Man in open combat. This is the first true super hero fight Ultra man is involved in and it levels New York. The Shadow can not keep up and loses Ultra man for ten minutes in the ruble of Anarchy's palace. When he comes out he is holding Anarchy dead body and is in shock.

2062: The Cabal meet to discuss what to do. The Justice Force has been gaining more and more "Hero's" since they defeated Anarchy. Ultra man has taken to fighting quite quickly and has become more and more aggressive and violent. His power is also increasing and his followers who were once pretty weak are becoming more powerful as well. The Cabal discuss what to do and also make the decision to enact their plan to keep their children safe. They task the Cabal right hand man Dominic with the task of protecting their children.

2063: With the Cabal children finally safe the Cabal go on the offensive and attack The Justice Force at their headquarters in Washington DC. The full might of the Cabal and The Justice Force clash. The Cabal attempt to unleash a device on Ultra Man one Anarchy was developing to try and kill the man. However Ultra Man manages to shut it down and to the shock of the Justice Force kills every member of the Cabal in one long swoop.

Part Three

The Golden Age

2065: The Justice Force turns New York City into a seat of government and metropolis. They dub it Metro City and bring the fringe human population back under their watchful eye. Ultra man and the others rename them selves the royals and wall off a part of the city for their home. They construct towers they call spires and watch over humanity as it reestablishes its dominance over the planet.

Ultra man leads the charge to bring any remaining super powered criminals to justice. He seems to have a way with them and many of them become hero's as well and become part of his new police force.

If you're reading this far thank you for sticking with me!

The idea behind this group roleplay is that we would be a group of super hero villains and the kids of super hero villains. Why we form together and what our motivations are vary by the character however the intent is for us to go against the royals who for most of us killed our parents. Our job and mission would be to take them down and ignite a revolution. It will be revealed through the story that the royals have been corrupted and while not evil are not good for humanity any more either.

This is a marvel dc level superhero world! Mutants, people with power, tech people! These are all things that exist! You're character can be anything you want as long! I will be doing the approving for the characters and will let you know if it works.

A few things to remember though!

1. These are villains primarily! I shall be playing most if not all of the hero bosses we face and defeat. Unless you have a amazing idea for a corrupted hero we should be focusing on villians.
2. The cabal (who will be most of yours guys parents) died! So most of our villains will be new comers and or villains who were not part of the cabal.
3. Your powers can be anything within reason (no god modding)

Here is the general idea of how I see events preceding!

1. My character the "gm" recruits the next generation and brings them together
2. They set up a new base of operations in Metro City
3. They begin to run Guerrilla style tactics on hero's in the city.

Here are the categories missions can fall into

1. Assassination
2. Sabatoge
3. Recon
4. Distraction

So if interested drop a line! We can go from there!

UPDATE

As per 6/20/18

Here are the new links for the game

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286094.0

IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286037.0

CS Room: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286029.0

Target List: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282035.0

CURRENT ROSTER

Mentor- Mr. Fix It (Erotic Literacy)

Team Leaders- Monkey & Bombshell (EroticLiteracy)

Devastation: Empyrean

Titan: Gannameade

Wraith: Peanuts

The Puppeteer: JinZah

Dragongoddess

DESCRIPTION: (Fallen) Angel
Parents: Mark Thomas (Ultra Man) and a deceased superheroine
Height: 5'9
Weight: 146lbs.
Arch-Enemies: Justice Force, Shadow, Ultra Man (Previously: The Cabal, Cabal Children, open to specific Cabal child(ren))
Nickname: Princess (mock), Evie, (Fallen) Angel
Powers:  Be it powers, natural abilities, or something someone else can do after working hard for, if you're around Evangelina, she can do it as well as you can.
Skills: None of her own
Weaknesses: Evangelina is nothing by herself.  While she can be one of the strongest powered people like her father when there are others around, she has no skills of her own as her abilities are constantly adjusting to those around her.
Bio: Evangelina's name was known from the moment her father led the other heroes in "restoring" things to the way they were before villains happened.  That's what's to be expected as the only daughter of the leader of the heroes.  Unfortunately, this brought other heroes into her life constantly, each with their own problems which she got to see first hand.  She will never talk about what happened but it was bad enough to give her nightmares pretty constantly about many of the world's heroes, including Uncle Shadow and her own father.  They called the others villains but Evangelina sees a change is needed and will do what it takes to end the reign of heroes who act untouchable.

Norsegod1839

Great character Dragon!

Go ahead and move em on over to the character sheet room!

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 02, 2018, 02:16:56 PM
Great character Dragon!

Go ahead and move em on over to the character sheet room!
Thank you!

Done!  Can't wait to start playing with her!

Norsegod1839

Not as much as I can't wait playing opposite of her! Think she might make a good romance option for Monkey!

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 02, 2018, 05:38:41 PM
Not as much as I can't wait playing opposite of her! Think she might make a good romance option for Monkey!
Haha I'm totally open to any of the current villain "kids" being an arch-enemy as well.  I would love the drama between them.  Probably someone with a bone to pick with Ultra Man or we could figure out a reason why they might hold a grudge directly against her.

jeflint

I'd be interested in in bringing my "dbz" fighter character into this. Scarlet/alpha basically think Android 18 but more on like Cap's power level. Basically a generic brawler/martial arts character who is a petite redhead, cause I love my petite characters.

Or I'd love to bring Sasha Ariel Jones out of retirement... She had shrinking powers when she got nervous.

*Shrugs* or I could merge the two if you like.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Gannameade

Norsegod1839

Quote from: jeflint on July 06, 2018, 10:51:34 AM
I'd be interested in in bringing my "dbz" fighter character into this. Scarlet/alpha basically think Android 18 but more on like Cap's power level. Basically a generic brawler/martial arts character who is a petite redhead, cause I love my petite characters.

Or I'd love to bring Sasha Ariel Jones out of retirement... She had shrinking powers when she got nervous.

*Shrugs* or I could merge the two if you like.

I agree with Ganna! I love the idea of the first one!

Dragongoddess

I love both ideas!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

jeflint

DESCRIPTION:Alpha
Parents: Fredrick Jones (superhuman with chi powers), Sarah Barbara Jones (superhuman with size powers)
Height: 4’10”
Weight: 125lbs.
Arch-Enemies:
Nickname: Ariel to her friends, short stuff, spaz, Alpha,
Powers:Chi Manipulation - Sasha has learned to harness her prodigious life energy into superhuman feats.
Flight - Sasha can fly at speeds that are around mach one,
Superhuman attributes
Superspeed - Sasha can move fast enough to catch most folks by surprise, while she can fly at mach one her punches and kicks are fast enough to break the sound barrier, causing other problems when she goes all out.
Superstrength - Sasha maxing out can squat 20 tons of weight.
Superendurance - Sasha's skin, when charged by chi, is capable of surviving one of her projectiles at point blank range.
Energy Projection - Sasha can launch a blistering blast of her chi at others, powerful enough to level houses and destroy cars, it has an intenstity that can also burn and leave scorch marks.
Size Change - Sasha has the ability to shift her size from an inch in height up to six feet in height, she's not sure how
Skills: acrobatics, gymnastics, ballet, pearl diver, martial arts, meditation
Weaknesses: Sasha burns through energy at a fantastic rate and is always looking for food. Without food she becomes a normal woman again and becomes very sluggish. Sasha can afford to skip a meal or two but she packs away some days in excess of 20,000 calories. She eats a lot of lard 🤢 but the more she uses her abilities the quicker she drains and needs to recharge. At peak efficiency she can last about six hours. On just waiting around d she could skip at least two meals, though she won't like it, and be fine.
In her tiny form Sasha is less able to impact the world, so her superhuman abilities help greatly… and also eat up even more energy
Bio: Sasha grew up in the Pacific ocean on a relatively small island with her family. She was an only child and was spoiled heavily. She expressed an interest in swimming, gymnastics and acrobatics at an early age. She also picked up martials watching her father. The first clue Sasha wasn't a normal child came with her ferocious appetite and how she picked up her chosen sports. Prior to puberty she started to dive with the other kids and took up pearl diving as a hobby. She'd gotten very good at it by her 12th birthday. The doctor's knew by then that something was different with the little girl. Her classmates had shot past her in height but physically they couldn't compare to the little girl. She ran faster, dived deeper, hit harder and didn't tire as quickly. When she threw a rock threw a wall they knew that she was a super. Born into it, but her parents didn't apparently have powers. Her mother could subtly alter the size of things around her, usually fabrics, and her father had the ability to harness his inner spirit to break things, usually observed through his martial arts training. Those were things not readily tested for on her small island at the time.
Sasha started training extensively in martial arts, their family moving from sensi to cifu to head off any problems of something like the cabal and ultra man. It worked for a time, but eventually the three got caught up in a vicious struggle and it was Sasha left holding the bloody bodies of the supers who'd killed her parents. She went underground after that. Traveling from place to place and constantly looking for a way to put every super, including herself, into the ground for all the things they'd done to this world. Her fiery resolve is all that drives her forward.

Just decided to merge the two characters. ^_^

The shrinking is more for me more than anything else.

Norsegod1839

Jeflint your approved!

Hmmmm do we have enough to start is the big question?

Dragon you're not going to be with teh team right away right?

jeflint

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 06, 2018, 01:42:53 PM
Jeflint your approved!

What power scale do you want Sasha on for flight? A DBZ fighter is ridiculously op so I didn't want to call out a specific type for comparison.

Also real images or are Ani images good?

Gannameade

Why not some of each pics?

Flash might be over kill....paper weight falling might not be enough.  So somewhere between there for speed.

;D

Norsegod1839

Ani images are fine.

She can have normal flying speed if you want! As long as she isn't ridiculously over powered that'll be fine.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 06, 2018, 01:42:53 PM
Jeflint your approved!

Correct.  I'd like to bring the "Princess" in in the first mission.  Would greatly appreciate if you'd help write her lead in by adding some royals information for me to write off of while she's still with them.

jeflint

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 06, 2018, 01:51:12 PM
Ani images are fine.

She can have normal flying speed if you want! As long as she isn't ridiculously over powered that'll be fine.

Right, no Northstar AKA the speed of light. ^_^

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Dragongoddess on July 06, 2018, 01:52:30 PM
Correct.  I'd like to bring the "Princess" in in the first mission.  Would greatly appreciate if you'd help write her lead in by adding some royals information for me to write off of while she's still with them.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282035.0

This is our first target you can find the info here and the royals that will be in the mission.

jeflint

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 06, 2018, 01:55:20 PM
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282035.0

This is our first target you can find the info here and the royals that will be in the mission.
Can't find the sheet I'd originally seen with in-depth information about heroes but still looking.

Might not have found it cuz I haven't had much time to check.  Been behind the wheel the last 4 or 5 hours.

Norsegod1839

You might be talking about the world building thread I created

I'll link it later

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Gannameade on July 06, 2018, 08:25:46 PM
It was there on the CS page: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286029.0

That's got Ultra Man but there'd been one (that I still can't find) with lots of the supers that the Cabal children will be facing.

Norsegod1839

Norsegod1839

Still actively recruiting if interested we are just starting!

Norsegod1839