Fallout-Role playing game.

Started by Prosak, April 25, 2013, 10:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosak

I have recently gotten my hands on this free pdf for The Fallout Pen And Paper RPG. It is pretty easy to learn. Especially if your already used to the SPECIAL system from the first two games. (First two are the only ones that can count as a pen and paper game on pc. Since the new ones just dont use the Special system in the way it was meant. Ya it still uses the same thing. But there is no chance for failure, no turn base, and nothing about it applies to a Table top. They in this game only exist for world building. They are great games but do not support as a good example for this system.)

http://www.pamedia.com/rpgames/rpg/falloutpnp/

Above is the link to the download. I will accept any race. Including Robot's. But wont allow dog's or Deathclaws. Starting equipment is based on these load out's. And chosen based on skills. None will support energy or big guns but I can provide them early on for you. Just not to early on since they can become to over powering. As for Tag skill's. You can only tag three, and each tag add's 25% to that skill. Also a note on weapons. I will convert and change how weapons work. So one need not bother with anything else other then hand to hand damage bonuses and such. (Gun's all just dont make since or the PDF has some error's that doesn't show the roll. And just some times would just say +6 or +10. While other times gives you what to roll on damage. So basically I as GM will dictate how damage roll's work.)

Starting equipment(When applicable.) : Clothes, two canteen's, lighter, Gas for lighter, Dress Cloths, Leather Jacket AC:8 (Armor) , Utility knife (1d4 dmg) ,  2 day's worth of water, one week rations, Bed roll, Blanket, 100 cap's, 50 ncr buck's, and a pack to carry it all. For any skill based equipment. Contact me and I can provide.

Load out 1 (For small gun's.): Pipe Rifle range 300 feet, damage 1d12.  20 10mm rounds. Payload: 1 round.

Load out 2 (A second option for those whom use small guns.) : Crossbow, range 200 feet, damage 1d6 +3, Silent weapon. 10 bolt's. Payload: 1 round. Retrievable.

Load out 3 (For melee or thrown. If unarmed  skill is your focus you dont start with an unarmed weapon).: 2 Spear's, Damage 1d12. Throw able. Range depends on strength. Retrievable.

"Fallout" Intro

Fallout is set several decades after a worldwide conflict brought on by global petroleum shortage. Several nations begin warring with one another for the last stores of non-renewable resources, namely oil and uranium. Known as the Resource Wars, fighting begins in April 2052 and continues until October 23, 2077. China invades Alaska in the winter of 2066, causing the United States to go to war with China and using Canadian resources to supply their war efforts, despite Canadian complaints. Eventually the US annexes Canada in February 2076 and reclaims Alaska 11 months later. After years of conflict, on October 23, 2077, a global nuclear war occurs. Nobody knows who strikes first, but in less than two hours most major cities are destroyed. The effects of the war will not fade for the next 100 years. As a consequence, human society has collapsed, and survivor settlements barely eke out a living in the now-barren wasteland, while a lucky few lived through the occurrence in underground fallout shelters known as Vaults.

Our campaign and story takes place in the year 2301, precisely 21 year's after Fallout New Vegas. I was thinking our setting would either be in California. The first games setting. Or in the Mojave. Maybe even back to DC? Or some where original, that we would like to explore and invent. Possibility's are endless.

Any thought's? Opinions?

GloomCookie

Having run a campaign myself, I can give you plenty of pointers on how to run the game.  It's quite fun, but the books do have a few holes in them, such as the stealth section.  If you need any assistance, I'll be happy to answer any questions.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

TheHangedOne

Sign me up! I'd be interested in playing as a small guns character. I'll have a sheet up later, but my concept is pretty much an infiltrator sort; bit of a mix between being a sneak and being a fighter.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Name Redrick "Red" Schuhart
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight

Strength: 4
Perception: 8
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 7
Luck: 4

Traits:
None

Hitpoints: 31
AC: 7
Action points: 8
Carry Weight: 125 lbs
Melee Damage: 1

Poison Resistance: 30%
Radiation Resistance: 12%
Gas Resistance: 0/0
Electricity Resistance: 0
Damage Resistance: 0

Sequence: 16
Healing Rate: 2
Critical Chance: 4%

Small Guns(T): 58%
Big Guns: 14%
Energy Weapons: 14%
Unarmed: 52%
Melee Weapons: 42%
Throwing: 28%
First Aid: 28%
Doctor: 20%
Sneak: 26%
Lockpick(T): 50%
Steal: 21%
Traps: 25%
Science: 28%
Repair: 21%
Pilot: 30%
Speech: 20%
Barter: 16%
Gambling: 20%
Outdoorsman(T): 51%

Check out my poet tree!

RecklessRapscallion

I would love to play as well! I will roll up a character in q bit :)
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash Williams
O/O's - Under Construction

Steamdriver

Very interested in playing and if there are openings i would love to join. Ill build a character and post incase
Much more in depth list of ons and offs. <a href=" http://www.f-list.net/c/morgan%20von%20kerlden ">F-list Profile</a>

Wargtass

Might be fun to play a legionnaire or missionary from the Dead Horses. I'll check out the rules and get back to you.
O/O

Steamdriver

Is anyone else having an issue with the rulebooks website?
Much more in depth list of ons and offs. <a href=" http://www.f-list.net/c/morgan%20von%20kerlden ">F-list Profile</a>

Wargtass

Very much so, but there is a download link beneath the little thumbnail in the middle of the page, that's the only thing you need.
O/O

Steamdriver

Ah ok things were really dark so the bit og screne glare i had made it impossible to see

LordMing

I am interested.
Name: [/b] Jessica Twohawks
Sex:[/b] Female
Orientation:[/b] Bi-sexual

Strength:[/b] 7
Perception:[/b] 6
Endurance:[/b] 5
Charisma:[/b] 6
Intelligence:[/b] 7
Agility:[/b] 5
Luck:[/b] 6

Traits:[/b]
Bruiser

Hitpoints:[/b] 32
AC:[/b] 6%
Action points:[/b] 6
Carry Weight:[/b] 200 lbs
Melee Damage:[/b] 2

Poison Resistance: 25%
Radiation Resistance: 10%
Gas Resistance: 0/0
Electricity Resistance: 0
Damage Resistance: 0

Sequence: 12
Healing Rate: 1
Critical Chance: 6%

Small Guns: 25%
Big Guns: 10%
Energy Weapons: 10%
Unarmed(T): 44%
Melee Weapons: 44%
Throwing: 20%
First Aid: 22%
Doctor: 26%
Sneak: 20%
Lockpick: 21%
Steal: 15%
Traps: 21%
Science: 28%
Repair: 21%
Pilot: 22%
Speech: 30%
Barter(T): 44%
Gambling: 30%
Outdoorsman(T): 44%

Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Steamdriver

Adrian Makavoy
Human
Male 28
Strait
Str: 6
Per: 8
End: 6
Cha: 4
Int: 6
Agi: 8
Luck: 3
Traits: none

Hit Points: 33
Armor Count: 8
Action Points: 9
Carry weight: 175 LBS
Melee dmg: 1
Electricity resistance: 30%
Poison resistance: 30%
Radiation resistance: 12%
Gas resistance: 0/0
Damage resistance: 0
Sequence: 16
Heal rate: 2
Crit chance: 3%

Skills
Small Guns: 62% (T)
Big Guns: 16%
Energy Weapons: 16%
Unarmed: 52%
Melee Weapons: 42%
Throwing: 32%
First Aid: 45% (T)
Doctor: 44% (T)
Sneak: 29%
Lock pick: 26%
Steal: 24%
Traps: 28%
Science: 24%
Repair: 18%
Pilot: 24%
Speech: 20%
Barter: 16%
Gambling: 15%
Outdoorsman: 18%

Role: Sniper/medic
Weapon loadout: 1

(Noticed you said tagginf skills was worth 25 not the rules version which is 20. Wanted to make a note of the change)

Steamdriver

Has anyone been thinking of where we would like to have the setting be? Also are we restricted to America? If so I would like to see either san francisco or maybe the northern to mid parts of florida. If we are really sticking to canon I believe i read somewhere that the souther regions of florida are really messed up, highly irradiated and wildly mutated swamplands. I just think that would be a really cool aspect and allow a change from the normal barren desert or crumbling cityscape. Dont get me wrong I love that but would be interesting to explore some green and very deadly swamps.

On a seperate note, Prosak, I would really like to have a doctors kit though its way more than the starting funds allow. Im fine with saving up for it unless you wanted to have one show up in loot or something. Just wanting to drop a line on that so you know what direction I'm looking it to.

TheHangedOne

Prosak has been inactive for about a week now... I'm wondering if he's around. Hmm.

Steamdriver, post-apoc Florida sounds like a pretty cool idea.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Steamdriver

Ya im really hoping this isn't dead. Would be sad to see this happen again. You and I tried to get a game like this a while back that i attempted to gm but i failed hard at that.

TheHangedOne

Aye, I remember. Hopefully, he shows up over the weekend.
Check out my poet tree!

Prosak

I am sorry for my absence! It may come as a shocker. But up until a few days ago my computer was down. Lol, to my amazement one of you have sent me a pm, two in fact sorry. That brought it to my attention that........ I actually have, or had interest. I hope it is have though! Anyway, I shall look through all sheets. And check for interest. Thank you all so much for all the interest!

Edit: Ok glared at your characters intently. All are accepted thus far. Am contacting Linna about stealth now. And other questions. As for setting I will leave it as a vote. Japan, would be an interesting idea. But, I dont know how to go about it. I would however prefer to keep it within the states. So, keep in mind that something new is interesting. Say Nebraska, or taxes. But, not toooo out of my way. I am a first time gm with this game and setting.

Steamdriver

Sorry to hear about your pc. I'm still very interested in playing and thank you for checking out the character sheets.

TheHangedOne

I think I'll stick with it. By the way, I do believe I PM'd you a long while back about starting play with a set of lockpicks. Is that cool? Figured, as the sneaky one, it would make sense.

Also, Red would be using Loadout 2 for his starting weapon.
Check out my poet tree!

Steamdriver

Just wanting to make a reminding note. I know its well out of starting funds but I would love to get a medical kit. The concept I'm going to play will be close support sniper and medic.