Star Horizon [Sci-Fi Survival Horror Interest Check] LGBTQ+

Started by Dhampyress, May 25, 2018, 04:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastroma

Quote from: Iejir on June 07, 2018, 10:01:24 PM
I looked away as soon as I saw text in your secrets category. I recommend you delete it so we aren't tainted with GM only knowledge!

Its alright either way thanks for saying something though its fixed now :P

Dhampyress

Quote from: nastroma on June 07, 2018, 10:18:04 PM

Its alright either way thanks for saying something though its fixed now :P

Yes! This is a good point to further clarify. You don't need to include secrets in your publicized post of the profile. That knowledge is kept between the PC and the GM.

Also, The Security Officer role has been freed and is open for interest!

Chreestafer

Hopefully I'm accepted, let me know if I need to change anything.  :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Dhampyress

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 08, 2018, 07:12:18 AM
Hopefully I'm accepted, let me know if I need to change anything.  :)

Yup, your profile looks great! I like the sheet just how it is. Only one little thing. If you could PM us the list of your character secrets that would be ideal.

Heinakori

I'd like to reserve the Security Officer slot and thus the last green spot. :P
I'll be PM'ing the sheet today / tomorrow for checks!
O/O

Dhampyress

Quote from: Heinakori on June 08, 2018, 02:16:58 PM
I'd like to reserve the Security Officer slot and thus the last green spot. :P
I'll be PM'ing the sheet today / tomorrow for checks!

I'll reserve the spot for you. We're looking forward to reading your concept pitch! :-)

Re Z L

Ta-da!  If anyone wants to work out any past connections just let me know  ;D

Face Claim:  Natalie Portman
Character Name:  Dr. Ashley Prescot
Nicknames & Alias:  Ash
Sexuality:  Bisexual
Ethnicity:  Caucasian
Role/Job: Researcher - Biophysicist
Starting Inventory:  Black soapstone knight chess piece, tablet computer
Personality Traits:  Reserved, willful, stubborn, focused, patient
Hobbies & Interest: Sudoku, crosswords, exercise, AI, wood/stone carving
Pet peeves:  Excessively drunk/intoxicated people, having to explain things more than once
Habits & Mannerisms:  Prefers to keep things very organized, remains calm under pressure, has a hard time letting go of riddles/questions that she hasn't solved
Distinguishing Figures: Nothing noteworthy
Character Fears: Needles, Parasites (specifically those that live inside a host organism)
Secrets:  [REDACTED]

Strengths & Weaknesses

Strength : 2
Will / Tenacity: 4
Dexterity: 3
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism: 3
Combat : 1
Weaponry: 2
Intelligence / Knowledge: 5

Bio:

What made things live and work was always a fascinating subject to Ashley, and while that usually translated into a love of people or animals for most people it was a curiosity into the basic building blocks of life for her.  It wasn't that she didn't like people or animals, but was more interested in things below the cute and fuzzy exterior.  Driven to succeed she focused on her school work, studies, and various university laboratory studies that she could intern for.  She quickly became one of the preeminent up-and-coming names in her field and was afforded the opportunity to work on a variety of things.  She began her work in pharmaceuticals--both drugs and more technological applications--from which she gained much of her reputation for being thorough, analytical, and highly insightful.  The pharmaceutical work moved on to related areas, such as neurochemistry, psychological, and aging studies.  It was probably this work that instigated her trip to the Star Horizon.

She had also dabbled in various other areas of research, such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, particularly looking for ways to model a normal biological brain onto some kind of electronic Neural Network.  When she wasn't working, though, she focused on other distractions, such as keeping herself in shape or shaping small carvings out of stone or wood or horn.

While far from being a medical doctor, she was well versed in various medical conditions and was well equipped to study any genetic disorders.  Her primary area of study on the station was to examine potential genetic changes due to long term exposure to zero gravity.  There were a variety of different specimens ranging from microbes to plants to insects to some normal house pets.  The facility had multiple laboratories mostly to keep the specimens separate, and to have normal gravity and null-gravity areas for work.  The research was conducted in shifts, with the use of cryogenic sleep to help monitor long-term changes without having to constantly change personnel.  Her shift had recently ended and she went into scheduled cryo-sleep.
A&A

Heinakori

Character Name: Kamil Pavtramoff
Nicknames & Alias: "Camel", "Cameltoe-joe", "Sir Justin Case".
Sexuality: Straight
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Role/Job: Security Officer / Upholding general order, safety and security on Star Horizon. Shift-manager and a squad-leader. He might not have been the best officer on job, but he was an officer on the job.
Starting Inventory: Personal Security Logging And Communications Pad - PSLACP. A good, old, modestly primitive baton.
Personality Traits:  Athletic, A "Performer", A "Funny guy", Cocky and Arrogant at times, Brave, Impulsive, Loud, The "best leader" and the "worst follower"-type.
Hobbies & Interest: Camel has always been fond of combat and martial arts. The measure of a man was his mass, and what he could do with it, and how much of it he could lift. He also enjoys his huge playlist of "old-gold" music.
Pet peeves: Cowardice, "Stupid people who don't listen", Weakness of mind and weakness of body.   
Habits & Mannerisms: While believing in a disciplined, routine filled life, he is impulsive, hot tempered, assumptive and narrow minded. He has incredible reserves of (un?)healthy self-esteem and trust in his own abilities, even though he understands that he's not the sharpest pen in the stock.
He also loves his mustache. He really loves it, and can be found constantly touching, grooming and brushing it.   
Distinguishing Figures: In addition to the stations no. 1 mustache, his endless pride in his masculine chest-hair. He's also loud when excited, and somehow he cherishes his heavy eastern dialect which simply doesn't drop off. He's a tower of a man and can't be missed if met on the corridors of the station.
Character Fears: Stereotypically Camel's afraid of being branded as a coward. As he despises and mocks weakness, he's afraid of losing his own prowess and strength.
He is slightly claustrophobic. While he's not a guy who'd actually fit into tight and narrow spaces, he finds extremely narrow spaces extremely uncomfortable.
Fear of paralysis. Even laying down into the cryo-cell made him nervous. Most of his worst nightmares consist from loss-of control over his body and paralysis, especially if combined with tiny alien insects.
When he doesn't really fear puny alien insects, he really does fears swarms of them creeping upon him while he sleeps. After nightmares he just has to check under his blanket for the nightmarish insects really crawling on him. Just in case.

Secrets:

Strengths & Weaknesses [Points system]
20 Points Only! Spend wisely.

Strength : 4
Will / Tenacity: 3
Dexterity: 2
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism:3
Combat : 5
Weaponry: 2
Intelligence / Knowledge: 1

Bio:  Born in Bialystok, Poland, in to a poor family Kamil was used to a "hard life, hard work, little profit"-style of life. The company and support of his life was his brothers, all seven of them, and their goal was "Better and Easier Life".
Without a head to really read with, and especially without any capital to educate yourself with, Kamil's first big chance of life came after military conscription. In the military he found the martial arts supplementing on his wrestling- and boxing hobby, and after a rather brief career as a military police he found himself as hot merchandise for the security-business.
From a bouncer into a janitor, from a janitor into a security officer, he sought out better and easier life through better paid and harder jobs. And what would be a better paid and a harder job than being a security-officer on a space-station?
Using a few connections here and there, he got his place among the finest of the planet, and his chance to reach for the stars..

!Disclaimer! By filling this character template out you are giving consent to take part in a role-play where your character will not always win. You accept this and the consequences that come with your characters actions and decision. No one character in this role-play is immune to death. Please provide your Elliquiy username at the end of your application with the words “Sincerely”.

Sincerly, Heinakori
O/O

Lingo

Face Claim: Devon Jade
Character Name:Greta Holloway
Nicknames & Alias:Grey, Gigi
Sexuality:Pansexual
Ethnicity:White, German American
Role/Job: Hacker
Starting Inventory: Lighter, locket (inscription: My Darling Grey
Personality Traits: Mischievous, unsympathetic, calculating, unassuming
Hobbies & Interest: Greta is relatively single-minded and married to her work.
Pet peeves:Crying (of any sort, she’s relatively merciless), people who speak loudly and obnoxiously, simple-mindedness   
Habits & Mannerisms: Speaks in a soft, raspy voice, preferring to whisper rather than truly vocalize. Affects some girlish mannerisms, like giggling behind her hands, despite her tendency towards brutal and at times cruel honesty. Often wears her short hair in cutesy styles- pigtails, braids, etc. Nails are painted a striking scarlet and meticulously groomed (yes dammit,even in space.) Gestures animatedly when she talks, highly expressive, Greta is both playful but also holds her tongue- she understands the power behind words, and doesn’t speak just to blather unnecessarily.
Distinguishing Figures:Platinum hair dyed black underneath. Lacking any real musculature, of relatively short stature, she is truly brains over brawn. Freckles dot most of her face, and along her back she has an intricate, flowery design made to look like it was done in watercolors.
Character Fears: Little miss priss has a problem with dirt. Big time. Any filth, blood, or waste is highly unappealing to her, and she will easily squick out at the sight of it, and god help her if she’s dirty.

Ironically, Greta is highly afraid of addiction and dependency, be it to any certain drug, person, or object. While her past is riddled with dabbling into club drugs, she has experienced some pretty bad trips, seen her ‘friends’ do worse, or even die from overdose. She does not trust easily, and views her friends as associates and accessories rather than confidantes. In times of stress or panic, she becomes withdrawn and can even be uncooperative if she does suspects the people around her are incompetent.

Lastly, Mr. Holloway, her father.

Secrets: Redacted

20 Points Only! Spend wisely.

Strength : 1
Will / Tenacity: 3
Dexterity: 4
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism:3
Combat : 2
Weaponry: 1
Intelligence / Knowledge: 5

Bio: Born to an affluent family, Greta Holloway is the only child of Gwendolyn Holloway, founder and CEO of the massive pharmaceutical multi-national corporation Cortrace. Cortrace deals in bio-technology and has been on the frontier of medical and technological innovation spanning two decades. Although Cortrace portrays the image of hope, healing through science, its methods of expansion and consumer development is… Nefarious and insidious. Cortrace has expanded its product from pharmaceutical drugs (grossly marked up, of course), to the more common, wildly popular mind-altering and leisure synthetics, to common ‘vitamins’ and ‘supplments’ added to drinking water and provided in manufactured foods. Any investigations in Cortrace, or the Holloway family, rarely surface, snuffed out by Gwendolyn’s thorough connections.

A troubled, if highly intelligent child, Greta failed to socialize properly with her peers, a bit too trapped under her mother’s thumb, and a bit in love with the digital world. As a youth, she excelled school, and Gwendolyn ensured her child would receive the highest education, instilling in her a rigorous work ethic that valued people by their knowledge and power rather than their merits or humanity. Graduating early from primary school, enrolling into university at the precocious age of 16, Greta was already a competent hacker and was studying cybersecurity and technology. University and distance from her family seems to have made Greta more ‘agreeable’ to others, and wealth and status even made her popular. The highly competitive, fierce energy at school fed into all sorts of nagging addictions, students coping with mood-enhancers and various ‘uppers,’ and Greta and a few of her peers saw room for opportunity.

They capitalized on the vast, endless web of connectivity and, using Greta’s obvious inside hook up on the many club drugs and synthetics, revolutionized the black market for the prettiest of pills. More profits for Mrs. Holloway, more ready access to prone, budding addicts. This went on for years, after she graduated with her PhD, worked for mommy dearest in enterprise security. By day, Greta was another giggling, silly rich girl; smart, of course, but just another little societal idiot born into wealth, would marry into wealth, die in wealth. By night, she cooperated to create one the most impressive, if highly illegal drug trades in the nation. Then the damn feds came knocking, and for all her little games and big, simpering eyes, Greta Holloway was caught.     

Jail isn’t for rich, privileged little girls. While the resulting scandal implicated several of her little, equally bright but less well to do friends, Greta and the Holloway name remained preserved. Media coverage reported the highly trafficked, dangerous silk road operation was stopped, but really… It’s all in negotiation. Unaffected by the calamity of addiction and increasingly dangerous arena of of untested drugs being shamelessly distributed to the public, Greta was- if anything- pissed that her work was being snatched away from her all for some silly fucking health threat. Please.

With a debt to repay to society, Greta has been recruited for her uncanny intelligence. Assisting on the Star Horizon as a programmer and hacker is the fitting repayment for that debt. 

!Disclaimer! By filling this character template out you are giving consent to take part in a role-play where your character will not always win. You accept this and the consequences that come with your characters actions and decision. No one character in this role-play is immune to death. Sincerely, Lingo.

Chreestafer

DAMN YOU LINGO!!!!

hahaha!

The girl you face claimed is one of my all time favorites.  To me she is a goddess amongst mortals.  To put it simply, even though there is nothing simple about it, she is beautiful!  Good choice my dear! :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

The Engineer spot is now open if anyone is interested.

Also,

We are working on a Character Archive as well as an OOC thread- those should be available later today. =] Thank you all for being so patient.

Chreestafer

What's the possibility of me switching over to engineer? And is that role more a mechanic type person?
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 10, 2018, 04:25:37 PM
What's the possibility of me switching over to engineer? And is that role more a mechanic type person?

You're more than welcome to switch from The Personnel to The Engineer if you'd like to! Would you be alright with altering your profile and making adjustments for the role, unless you'd be looking to rewrite it? If you switch, please just message us the profile so we can give it a read!

To answer the second question; yes! We're basically looking for someone to play the role of an engineer technician. Any sort of maintenance when it comes down to it. A mix of science and knowing their way around technology. =]

Lingo

Haha thanks  ::). It usually takes me HOURS/days/lifetimes to find a face claim but I saw her right away and was like boom game over there we go.

Chreestafer

Quote from: November Bleeds on June 10, 2018, 05:06:21 PM
You're more than welcome to switch from The Personnel to The Engineer if you'd like to! Would you be alright with altering your profile and making adjustments for the role, unless you'd be looking to rewrite it? If you switch, please just message us the profile so we can give it a read!

To answer the second question; yes! We're basically looking for someone to play the role of an engineer technician. Any sort of maintenance when it comes down to it. A mix of science and knowing their way around technology. =]

Yes I'll work on editing my previous profile.

Quote from: Lingo on June 10, 2018, 05:08:01 PM
Haha thanks  ::). It usually takes me HOURS/days/lifetimes to find a face claim but I saw her right away and was like boom game over there we go.

You did well :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

Sounds good, Chreestafer!

The Personnel role is now open if anyone is interested!

Chreestafer

Edited it a bit, please let me know if I need to do more :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

Character Profile

Face Claim: Trey Baxter
Character Name: Conner Briggs
Nicknames & Alias: Connie, Dr.Briggs
Sexuality: Pansexual
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Role/Job: Medical Staff  / Emergency Response Medic
Starting Inventory:  Medkit, two way communicator.
Personality Traits: Patient, empathetic, confident, adaptable, observant, flirtatious & passionate.
Hobbies & Interest: Researching, taking care of others, learning of new medical techniques.
Pet peeves: When others don't listen to his advice.
Habits & Mannerisms: Quick to judge – unintentionally, time management.
Distinguishing Figures: Scar over his heart.
Character Fears: Losing anyone from a friend to a patient, failing a procedure/surgery, drowning, claustrophobic/tight spaces/confinement & space itself in the grand scheme of things.
Secrets: :X

Strength : 2
Will / Tenacity: 4
Dexterity: 5
Agility / Stamina / Athleticism: 3
Combat: 2
Weaponry: 1
Intelligence / Knowledge: 3

Bio: Growing up in the field medicine wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Though his father held high standards for him, Conner often surpassed them. Lacking reason to fall behind, he swore himself to his work, dedicating every moment of his life to what he loved. There was always room for improvement despite his efforts to get his doctorate degree and yet, even then, maybe he came across as a know-it-all during school years. His studies were heavy and his social life was down the drain but it was all in good fortune at the end of the day. After all, the majority mattered when it came down to it. Conner cared more about humanity as a whole and eventually, his studies moving further toward an emergency response medic.

Although after entering a space program, Conner found disdain for such atmosphere, but it was the lack of experienced staff aboard the hiring station that gave him a reason to be there. His expertise may have lead to getting on a space station, but that didn't make it any less terrifying. Earth was a safe space, habitable no less and while a space station had all the necessities, if anything went wrong; they were screwed. It was similar to water – and drowning. There was no oxygen to breathe in space, nor was there under water. But in the long run, it was everyone on that station who mattered, who might be in need of medical attention. Those fears were cast aside as he focused on his studies, no matter how uncomfortable he was or how unsafe he felt.

Conner's first year on the Star Horizon had to be one of the most painful experiences of a lifetime. Being away from Earth caused him to grow homesick, but it was the nightmares above all else that caused the most trauma. Horrific dreams he couldn't quite understand and didn't have the time to brood over. Eventually, medicine was the only thing that could take them away. Even then, working on his social skills was his second priority next to helping others. As a medic, Conner's first duty was to assure everyone was safe and sound before he could find relaxation. Even while social situations were rare for him, especially within the first year, he slowly but surely learned to adapt.

When it came to looking after those upon the station, Conner had his own set of assistance. There were other medical staff at his side studying and working or alongside him, but there was also an Artificial Persons unit. To say the very least, Conner was skeptical at first, but the model proved to be beyond useful, especially come surgeries and emergencies. While serious conditions may have been rare upon the station, that hardly meant they didn't have to be prepared.

Tending to his patients on a daily basis was rather heartwarming, but there were still two cases in which he found himself ever so confident about. Two people by the names of Zane and Octavia certainly proved to make his time there worthwhile. While both were very serious cases that he took to heart, they both proved to be rather amusing in their own right. Octavia was more than stubborn, which caused Conner to tease her a little too frequently but he enjoyed the comebacks she darted back at him. Zane had to be the shyest man he ever met but always listened to his instruction. Opposites, maybe, but the greatest conversations he could have ever asked for. Both being two of the last patients he saw before heading to cryogenic sleep – which he was not looking forward to in the least. Confined spaces and a sleep that would last a time much too long... From one closed space on a station to another, Conner was not looking forward to what awakening from it would bring, especially not the sickness.

!Disclaimer! By filling this character template out you are giving consent to take part in a role-play where your character will not always win. You accept this and the consequences that come with your characters actions and decision. No one character in this role-play is immune to death. Please provide your Elliquiy username at the end of your application with the words “Sincerely”.

Sincerely, November Bleeds.

nastroma

Can't wait to get this started! There's so many great character concepts this should be a blast once its going.

November Bleeds

Character Thread and the OOC Thread are now both live!

Please transfer your completed character profiles & chatter over there! :D

Just a quick note: We will be making character groups which players can choose, likely within the next day or two- more to be discussed in OOC soon.

In the meantime, we will keep The Personnel role open - just in case anyone would like to take that.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 10, 2018, 07:08:50 PM
Edited it a bit, please let me know if I need to do more :)

I reviewed the character sheet and I think it looks good! You're good to go. :)

Chreestafer

Quote from: Blissy on June 10, 2018, 10:59:25 PM
I reviewed the character sheet and I think it looks good! You're good to go. :)

Yay me!
Ons and Offs
F-List

November Bleeds

We're received a character sheet application for The Personnel and it will be reviewed later today. 

November Bleeds

Star Horizon is officially full and no longer recruiting. Thank you to all those who showed their interest!