OWoD Mage Chronicle [MUL]

Started by ReijiTabibito, December 17, 2009, 08:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Okay, so this is an advertisement for, quite obviously, an Old World of Darkness, Mage: The Ascension story.  I am accepting players of all skill levels (just new to White Wolf and the WoD?  No problem!  Played it for years, and know how to exploit the system?  I'll take you too!), for what is hopefully to be an epic story.

Here are some general details regarding the story.

Board Location: As of yet undecided.  That will be up to the other players, for the most part.

Story Location: Specific location undecided.  The PC Chantry will be located somewhere in the western US.  Current ideas for locations are Las Vegas, Seattle/Tacoma, and Roswell.  Player-submitted ideas are welcome.

Story Level: Cinematic to High Fantasy.  For those of you familiar with the system, it means you will be able to soak lethal, and perform some otherwise-vulgar magics without risk of Paradox.

Faction Focus:  This is a Traditions-based game.  Orphans/Hollow Ones are accepted, but probably only one PC at most, and A: be prepared to be treated like a second-class citizen, and B: the character should have a very compelling reason for working with Tradition mages.  Technocrats/Marauders/Nephandi are a no go.

Character Creation:  The standard character creation method, with a few extras tacked on.  Feel free to write up your character according to the standard rules, and then wait on the GM (Bad GM!  Bad!  *whacks self*) to give you the final procedure.

Source books: Anything from the Revised Edition.  You want to use things from the Tradition books, go right ahead.

Anything else: Questions from potential players will be answered on a case-by-case basis.  Either PM me (Put 'OWoD Mage Chronicle' in the subject line), or post your question here.  It will be answered as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

Thanks, and hope to see you out there!

Callie Del Noire

Hmmm.. have to think up a character :D

ReijiTabibito

Sounds good.  Any particular Tradition you into?

Callie Del Noire

ReijiTabibito

Well, I've talked to some other interested parties, and we've currently got on the table a techno-Hermetic (House Thig, I think he said), an Akashic, and either a Cultist or a Euthanatos...or both, depending on how turnout for this game goes.

Muse

*pounce!* 

why didn't you tell me you were doing anything this cool, Reiji?

Got any room for a roller blading akashic girl?  Or anyone else?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ReijiTabibito

Uh, because it's still in the planning stages...and I figured with the holidays that everyone'd be busy?

We actually already have one Akashic girl, but I'm open to hearing your ideas for character concepts.

Callie Del Noire

Toying with a Virtual Adept. :-D (since technocrats aren't allowed)

Senti

if there is room I have some idea's, Verbana perhaps would be fun...or a dream speaker.

Muse

*grins*  Roller blading japenese-american kung fu chronomancer from Cali named Kumiko Noda!
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ReijiTabibito

Oh, there is definitely still room.  Verbena/Dreamspeaker would be welcome...although given my own experience, a Verbena would generally get more usage out of their specialty sphere (Life) than the DS's would (Spirit).

And a VA is good...if you're considering the techno angle, there's also the Etherites, but they're more mad scientist from 30s B-movies.

Callie Del Noire

Digging though my books to see what goodies to be had. USED to play a rogue technomancer (Orphan actually) who carrier a MASSIVE rail gun (taliman) but I'm re reading the books.

Senti

ok verbana it is...can I make her british?

ReijiTabibito

Sure!  I'd be willing to accept nearly any major nationality, as long as they speak English.

Senti

great, I am getting an idea of a character.

I shall get something too you soon and see what you think.

Doktor Sleepless

Oh, oh!!! VEGAS BABY, VEGAS!!! I'm the Hermetic, techno-leaning... and I wanna be a stage magician!!!

ReijiTabibito

*laughs*  Alright, well, we'll see...

And thanks to everyone for waiting!  I now have the character creation rules finalized!

Okay, creation is pretty much the standard procedure for making Mages, with a few additions.  Creation is as follows.

Essence, Nature and Demeanor:  Choose as standard rules.

Attributes:  Use the standard 7/5/3 categories.  Then add on four dots.

Abilities:  Use the standard 13/9/5 categories.  Then add on seven dots.

Backgrounds: Use the 7 standard dots.  Then add on 5 dots.

Arete: Instead of 1, your Arete starts at 2, with a maximum cap of 4.

Willpower: Willpower starts at 6 before bonus points.

Quintessence: Starting level is Avatar Rating + 2.

Spheres:  Use the standard 5 dots, plus the free dot for your Tradition Specialty.  Then add on another 4 dots, plus one free one for your Tradition Specialty.

Resonance Traits: Use the standard 1.  Then add two dots on top of it.

Freebie Points: You have 25 to work with.

And that's all.  Hope you guys make some butt-kicking, fast-talking, smart-thinking mages with this.

Plot Hooks

I've had this idea for this character that could be either a Verbana, a Virtual Adept, or an Orphan, who is basically a Voodoo hacker.    He has this control of computer screens, which he's marked with Lamb's blood, and sends Curses via email. 
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

ReijiTabibito

Well, the Verbena or the Virtual Adept are welcome, but remember, Orphans aren't going to be treated well, and they should have a very good reason for working with Tradition mages that shun them heavily.

Senti

I was looking at a MorrĂ­gan, including burned down one side of her body as is right.

ReijiTabibito

Morrigan?  I don't believe that I'm familiar with that particular sub-Tradition...

Senti

its not, rather it fits with a 'Celtic tad' a spear maiden if you will.

ReijiTabibito

Okay...so what major Tradition would you be, exactly?

Senti