News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fallout 3 Review

Started by ZK, October 31, 2008, 01:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: aviationrox on November 21, 2008, 11:50:46 AM
I got one of those in Minefield, along with a crutch.  Already had the steam assembly thing.

Robots might have them, and robot assembly areas, stuff like that. You might even be able to buy one if you're lucky.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Avi

Got one by killing the Protectron in the Super Mart.  Now, where can I get railroad spikes too? :P  I wanna give this bad boy a shot.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Inkidu

Quote from: aviationrox on November 21, 2008, 12:09:11 PM
Got one by killing the Protectron in the Super Mart.  Now, where can I get railroad spikes too? :P  I wanna give this bad boy a shot.
Heck if I know. I need some too. :P it whistles like a train. Woot woot.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

mannik

Quote from: aviationrox on November 21, 2008, 12:09:11 PM

everywhere honestly. They are typically on or near shelves and such.

Destiny Ascension

You can save Simms from Burke quite easily. At low level its hard because regardless of what you do, he targets Simms immediately and first, and you don't do much damage. I waited for a while until I had a Shotgun, then I just stood right in front of him until he pulled his pistol, and blew his head off.

Simple. Negotiation in its purest form. :D
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

ZK

You know, you can keep from reporting him to Simms, simply disarm the bomb, tell Simms you disarmed it and Burke leaves without a fight. ^.^

There, now you have Simms still alive, access to his home and no blown up Megaton.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

King_Furby

The level limit really has become anoying, not even half way though the game and at the max level already. the game is more dull when you cant level anymore, still fun just not as fun.

There is a level max cheat. Where you can set the max level you can reach to like 40. But the problem is after you do level with it you can assign stat points but when you go to select a perc and hit done the game locks.

I wish the game makers would release a patch that allows a higher level limit.

Has anyone use the rock-it-launcher? i will tell you. it's amazing. its basically unlimited ammo. and what you fire can be picked back up. and the ammo you socket into it becomes weightless.

Beauty

I don't want to give away spoilers, but Jericho is a very funny character *giggles* Just to keep things clean >.>
~x I've been absent for a few years, but I'm back and ready to start new stories! I've refined my writing skills and fixated on new desires/interests - Looking forward to being inspired ;)*X~

My O/O

Beauty

Quote from: ZK on November 21, 2008, 05:49:25 PM
You know, you can keep from reporting him to Simms, simply disarm the bomb, tell Simms you disarmed it and Burke leaves without a fight. ^.^

There, now you have Simms still alive, access to his home and no blown up Megaton.

If you're quick you can shoot Burke while he stands before he can take out his gun ^^ Then you get his clothes! Which are very very stylish.
~x I've been absent for a few years, but I'm back and ready to start new stories! I've refined my writing skills and fixated on new desires/interests - Looking forward to being inspired ;)*X~

My O/O

Doomsday

Anyone use the shishkebab? Beautiful weapon, I must say.  8)

Inkidu

Quote from: HPDDJ on November 22, 2008, 12:40:04 AM
Anyone use the shishkebab? Beautiful weapon, I must say.  8)
What classification of weapon is that?

Destiny Ascension

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2008, 06:41:44 AM
What classification of weapon is that?

I believe its a mix of Melee and Fire, correct?
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Doomsday

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on November 22, 2008, 09:26:13 AM
I believe its a mix of Melee and Fire, correct?

A big flaming sword, it is.

Inkidu

Well fire only matters if you're fighting the fire ants.

However I thought all weapons were categorized like this:

Unarmed
Melee
Small guns
Big guns
Energy weapons

Oh and I beat the main story! All good! I didn't cry but it was that kind of moment *Hides tears* :D

Beauty

I cried...a lot..and yelled a lot at my computer :( *pouts, curling up in a corner*

My O/O

Inkidu

Quote from: Beauty on November 23, 2008, 12:08:12 AM
I cried...a lot..and yelled a lot at my computer :( *pouts, curling up in a corner*
I didn't get sad earlier. I just beat some heads in with my super-sledge. After taking Jet, Psycho, Buffout, Med-X of course. That plasma hurts.)

Avi

Anyone else running into freezing problems with the 360 version?  My game keeps freezing up when the Enclave helis arrive at Project Purity...

Inkidu

Quote from: aviationrox on November 23, 2008, 11:37:38 AM
Anyone else running into freezing problems with the 360 version?  My game keeps freezing up when the Enclave helis arrive at Project Purity...
I've had it twice. On different parts. A hard reset always worked though. Let it cool for ten minutes or so.

Avi

Hmmm, okay... it happened last night, and it happened again this morning, though.

ZK

It not so much a heating issue that it is the cache issue. Fallout 3 uses the same cache methods Oblivion did. You need to clean the cache. Hold RB, LB and X while the game is booting up to clear the cache.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Avi

So do that when I first turn my XBOX on?

ZK

Do that when your game starts to load. Not when your XBOX 360 console starts.

If you keep having a lot of problems, go to your Memory section and Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

Performing this function will also clear any software updates.

Avi

Ah, okay.  Thank you much, ZK. :)

Avi

I got myself a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin to follow me around now.  She's pretty awesome, she wields a Super Sledge, and I also kitted her out with a Sniper Rifle. XD  Can't wait to see her in combat.

Doomsday

If you remember Sticky from Little Lamplight, I decked him out in full Enclave Power Armor, and a minigun. He dies pretty quickly still, but it's awesome anyways.