Adobe Affects/Animation

Started by MagicalPen, January 19, 2017, 01:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

I posted this over in the Art forum, but its been at least 24 hours and still hasn't received a single view, so I thought I'd copy/paste it over here to see if it gets a response:

I am looking for some one who knows how to work with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs.

I've recently started a youtube channel and feel rather comfortable with most aspects of creating a video but...I want to add a little animation to them. (I am fine splicing audio/video in Adobe Premiere).

When the title (or text) appears in the video, I want a little animated sequence to play out, but am not sure how to go about creating it myself. I have the stationary images I want to use etc.

If you're knowledgeable etc, I would love to communicate! Either respond here or send me a PM. We can chat on Discord or Skype in more detail, and I will be available on weekdays after 8PM EST (6PM MST which is where I am).

Thanks

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

AmberStarfire

I'm familiar with a few Adobe programs: Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Illustrator (though I've forgotten most things except Photoshop). The only one I've used on Creative Cloud is Dreamweaver. I have one of the creative suites now (CS5).

If it was Photoshop you were using I might be able to help more but I haven't used the programs for making/editing video and things like that. I'm certain there are people who use it though and you ought to be able to find tutorials for it online as well. When I'm not sure how to do something with Photoshop, I usually Google it and turn to the Adobe help page. It almost always has the answer. They likely have answers for other programs of theirs as well.

You can create simple animated gifs on Photoshop, but anything more complex and I think you need to use other programs for it.

MagicalPen

I have the programs needed, just can't find a complex enough tutorial.

So, when watching my video on youtube, I want a little figure to pop up and shoot a bazooka round across the bottom of the screen. As the round flies across, I want the title/text to appear in its wake.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

AmberStarfire

There are books and e-books available online with tutorials. (Amazon for instance would have some). There are also sets of videos (you could try Youtube?) and I think Lynda.com does them but I haven't used them.

MagicalPen

Its not a very good looking animation, but I've made something passable, mostly through trial and error.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/okvh49h8o4caiw2/AADC5aV0gZnh-AaVCJpuVWSEa?dl=0

That link takes you to the brief clip.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

AmberStarfire

Cool. :)

The first time I clicked on the link, the page didn't load (but it came up with a message about cookies). The second time it came up with 2 clips and they worked fine.