News:

Main Menu

World Cup 2018

Started by Remiel, June 18, 2018, 09:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Looks like French fans are the new English fans. >.>
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Polymorph

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on July 11, 2018, 05:43:51 AM
Looks like French fans are the new English fans. >.>

Strange, we used to riot when we lost. I have noticed before in foreign reports that it tends to be the winning team's fans on the rampage.

Nico

Not even three hours left.

So. Excited!

mia h

So they are expecting to sell 10M pints during the match. That's a lot of beer.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Remiel

I think if England wins the final, 15 July might become a national holiday.

Polymorph

Quote from: mia h on July 11, 2018, 10:34:04 AM
So they are expecting to sell 10M pints during the match. That's a lot of beer.

That's fine, they expect 30M to watch the game. At only 1/3 of a pint each everyone will be perfectly sober and well behaved.

mia h

Quote from: Polymorph on July 11, 2018, 10:38:45 AM

That's fine, they expect 30M to watch the game. At only 1/3 of a pint each everyone will be perfectly sober and well behaved.
A 7 year old after a 1/3rd of a pint is a right nightmare.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: mia h on July 11, 2018, 10:50:56 AM
A 7 year old after a 1/3rd of a pint is a right nightmare.

Depends on what extra ingredients you add to it.

...that sounded less creepy in my head. >.>

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

mia h

…. less than an hour. Nico is probably curled up in the foetal position by now.  ;D

Nico

Quote from: mia h on July 11, 2018, 12:06:40 PM
…. less than an hour. Nico is probably curled up in the foetal position by now.  ;D
No.

Blonde

Why play Sterling? He's about as much use as a chocolate teapot, give him a 100ft goal and he'd still wide it  >:(
On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

Nico

And now..

All the luck.

GO THREE LIONS and get us into the final OMG!

Deamonbane

Trippier puts England ahead at the half.

Croatians look tired.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Deamonbane

Third straight match that goes to extra time for Croatia. Gotta give it to them, they've got some lungs on them.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Remiel

Welp, no matter who wins in the final, it looks like all 15 of us were wrong.  :P

Nico

It shouldn't have been.

Congratulations to Croatia and to all of the England boys. You were a fucking blast!

Deamonbane

Tough game. Gotta give it to the Croatians. Playing three extra time games in a row and advancing to the final... Modric has got to be exhausted.

I also like that there was minimal playing for time on either side. Both teams went at it the whole game. It was down to the details.

Sorry Nico. :(

Formless

Tough luck, Nico.

I think the early goal was England’s undoing. They eased their offense, and that gave Croatia all they needed to score their comeback.

Still, this is all unexpected, and I wonder what the final will be like now.

Cheka Man

And England are out of the World Cup ☕️ again *sighs* Maybe we will win the 2022 World Cup. 🏆

Nico

Oh, it's all good!

They were fantastic and they got really far, for so many young players. Gotta honour that.

LostInTheMist

They'll be back. (Speaking as a long term fan of England, my second team after, of course, the United States.)

But they're not out of the World Cup. There's still the third place match on Saturday, a rematch against Belgium.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: The muse is strong in this one. Doing well at the moment. Posts should be relatively quick to receive replies.

gaggedLouise

According to a strange nutjob theory now making the rounds on social media, the fault for England losing lies with...Mick Jagger. There's a superstition that whenever Sir Mick watches a football game live in person, the team he supports will lose.  He simply brings bad luck. :D

Jagger watched the infamous 7-1 defeat of Brazil vs Germany at the 2014 World Cup, and he supported Brazil - has a Brazilian godson.
He watched the US being beaten by Ghana in 2010, together with Bill Clinton. Both men cheered the US on, of course, but the American team lost.
And last night he was in Moscow...the story goes on.   :P

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

TheScarletBlade

Glad I took France to win it all even though everyone I knew took England. About to cash in!
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Vergil Tanner

Don't count those chickens before they hatch. Croatia has pulled one hell of an upset, so who knows? Croatia could well be the next champions.
And I kinda hope they are, since if France wins, they're gonna be insufferable for the next four years :P