Legend of Saffron Stronghold

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 01, 2013, 08:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

The guests of Saffron Stronghold arrive in the late afternoon, one by one, each having their luggage taken to their room and a short welcome from the hostess Lady Black before being welcomed comfortably to the Lounge to enjoy something to drink or nibble on before dinner, where the housewarming party will begin. The Stronghold has been closed for many years after the incidents that occurred at the last attempt to house people within, but the manor always called to her and Saffron simply couldn't deny a third attempt at opening her beloved Stronghold to the world. The last few weeks have been spent readying the place for its new inhabitants and finally move-in day has arrived.

Remember to include Saffron in any and all game related PMs

Players
  • Cyrano Johnson
  • James Moriarty
  • Josietta
  • Kanrya
  • Lisar
  • LordHarketh193
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • persephone325
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • SunshineSparkle
  • Starlequin
  • Tharic
  • ThatRPGuy
  • That Girl Analise
  • Trieste
  • Valerian
  • yugi006

Roles

• Suite Owner x9-10
  • Doctor
  • Bodyguard
  • Mad Scientist
  • Innocent Sibling
  • Vampire Sibling
  • Vampire x2-3
  • Sire

Rundown
Day 1 - Mr Bigglesworth is elected the new Estate Keeper
Night 1 -
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

Having been collected from the lounge by Lady Black, the houseguests arrive to the dining room to be greeted by Saffron herself at the door. "It's so good to see you all! It has been far too long my friends!" As everyone files in to their seats they find their preferred drink waiting for them and the appetizers arriving just moments after they are all seated. Dinner begins, each course arriving soon after the prior is finished until dessert is being prepared as they let their meal settle.

"Welcome, everyone!" Saffron stands and greets her guests more publicly. "I'm so glad to have you all joining us. The Manor has been vacant for far too long, but you all know what fate our previous buyers succumbed to. We wanted to be sure that no such thing would happen again and I assure you all precautions have been taken to ensure it does not happen again! Our Estate Keeper, Lord Grey has assured me that all of the staff are new to the Manor and that there is no chance of such things happening again..."

It is in this very unfortunate moment that the sound of several women screaming is heard clearly from the hallway. The Lady nearly falls over in her spot as the nightmare she's had for weeks leading up to this evening starts to come true. And certainly enough the staff comes hurrying in to collect her, letting her know that Lord Grey was found in the attic looking very similar to those of the last incident, white as a ghost, with small puncture wounds... The Lady takes a few moments to collect herself before returning to inform the new Reidents of the problem.

"It seems the curse has not yet given up its hold my friends. We will have to remain here until we are certain is has been eliminated or until it takes us all, heavens forbid. But first, we will require a new Estate Keeper. I am so sorry to bring this news to you, but we must be swift if we want to catch the trouble before it catches us."

Please welcome yourself to the Manor as you like and cast your vote for the new Estate Keeper (the tie breaking role) in bold in your first post.

Good luck everyone!
Us against the world

Trieste

Galactic Druid

Glancing over at the entry, already being locked, Guy shook his head. "This is completely unacceptable." He griped. "Mr. Bigglesworth, clean up this mess! I'll be in my room!"
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

yugi006

I vote SunshineSparkle for the new Estate Keeper.

Starlequin

After following his meager luggage to his room to see that everything was unpacked and sorted properly, Quin wheeled himself back down the long hallway into the lounge to find the others mingling comfortably. The bell rang for dinner and he followed them into the spacious dining hall to find a pleasant seat at the table. Their meal was as delicious as anyone could hope for, and as he savored the last bite Quin settled back in his chair to enjoy the aftermath of his gustatory exuberance.

The cheerful burble of his stomach quickly turned sour, however, as the staff raced in with news of Lord Grey's exceedingly untimely demise. An exasperated expression clouded over Quin's face and he gripped his fork almost tightly enough to warp the (deceptively cheap) metal. 'Oh, wonderful. Another homicidal holiday. Well, that's it. That is it! If I survive this, I'm going to track down that wretched roaming gnome who sold me my ticket and shove him hat-first into a hippo's behind!'

Quin grabbed the wheels of his chair and reversed sharply from the table, casting a glance around the room. Unfortunately it had been too long since his last troublesome travels, and he had no idea who among their peculiar party was trustworthy enough to hold such an esteemed office as Estate Keeper. There were, however, a few fellows he was quite certain were too valuable (or perhaps, too dangerous) for the position. Quin gave the problem another moment's thought and nodded, satisfied with his reasoning. He didn't know who he could trust, so perhaps he should try trusting someone he didn't know.

"I expect Lord Harketh would provide an excellent term of service as the EK. Seems a capable enough sort, and all that."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Ryven

LordHarketh193

"Mr Bigglesworth should be the estate keeper, just seems like that kind of person who'd want such a job"

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. surveyed the room, "I think Persephone is the one for the job."

Valerian

"Well, that does it," Val said, huddling in a corner of the sofa.  "I'm never signing up for another one of these bargain vacation packages ever again, no matter how many emails they send me."  She looked around the room unhappily.  This seemed rather rushed for such an important decision, but what else did they have to do except wait around and hope they didn't all die?  "I think yugi006 might do a good job," she ventured, picking someone who seemed reasonably capable more or less at random.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Mr B (5) - Trieste, RPGuy, Harketh, Josi, Tharic
Sunshine (2) - yugi, Remi
persephone (1) - Mr B
Trieste (1) - Ryven
yugi (1) - Val

Yet To Vote
Cyrano Johnson, James Moriarty, Kanrya, Lisar, persephone325, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise
Us against the world

Tharic

Swallowing hard and glancing around quickly, the sounds of the scream still resonating through his head, "This is absolute bullshit. I didn't sign up for this! You told us in the brochure that the curse was ended Lady Black!"

Shaking his head slowly in disgust, "Fine. I'll throw uh, I mean, vote Mr Bigglesworth as well."

persephone325

As a sudden turn of events unfolded before her, the smile faded from Persephone's lips. Looking around the room, she didn't quite understand what was going on.

"Why are people panicking? What curse?" She whispered to Valerian, who seemed to be the most approachable woman nearby.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

James Moriarty

With a name like Bigglesworth, how can one go wrong!?

Valerian

Quote from: persephone325 on September 03, 2013, 12:44:07 PM
As a sudden turn of events unfolded before her, the smile faded from Persephone's lips. Looking around the room, she didn't quite understand what was going on.

"Why are people panicking? What curse?" She whispered to Valerian, who seemed to be the most approachable woman nearby.
Val looked cautiously from side to side, then whispered in reply, "There are wild stories about this place being cursed... filled with vampires," she finished, even more quietly.  "I thought they were just tales to attract the tourists, but now..."  She shivered, again looking uneasily around the room.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

persephone325

Persephone's eyes widened.

"Vampires?!" She whispered nervously. "I thought they were just myths!" Her hand covered her mouth slightly, as if the very word was taboo. "It's hard to believe anyone here would be involved in something like this..." She looked down and shook her head.

Who could she trust, now?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine took the time to think before breaking her silence. "I think Valerian will be apt for the mission."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Cyrano Johnson

Smartly turned out in his seersucker suit, crimson fedora and sunglasses, Cyrano Johnson the Third (Esq. / PhD. / HD-DVD of the Dickfordshire Johnsons) twirls his walking stick as he comes down from his room and nods graciously to the lovely Lady Black. Swanning into the lounge and picking up a flute of champagne from a nearby tray, he allows himself some private embarrassment at the unseemly size of his endowment (from the local university -- it seems a positively kingly sum to pay a man for holding the department chair in Gothic Literature, but one isn't entirely made of stone, after all) while studying the assembled company. He can't help noticing that more than a few glances dart in the direction of his prodigious Shaft(-esbury cufflinks, his personal good luck charms whose combination of elegance and flair recommend them tremendously), which is par for the course. In the meantime, though, what truly captures his attention -- aside from a certain atmosphere of turgid tension in the room whose source he can't quite ascertain -- is a certain name being bandied about for the consideration of a position of some importance in the proceedings to come, a sort of cock-of-the-walk or big swinging dick as it were, and he'll be d---ned if he's going to let such a matter be decided without his getting directly at the root of things.

"I say, this Mr. Bigglesworth," he announces grandly to no-one in particular, despite that he has no idea who the personage might be aside from the obvious breadth and heft of their influence with this particular social set: "Should be just the man for a job as long and hard as we are discussing."
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Mr B (9) - Trieste, RPGuy, Harketh, Josi, Tharic, James, Cyrano, lisar, Analise
Val (2) - persephone. Sunhine
Harketh (1) - Starlequin
persephone (1) - Mr B
Trieste (1) - Ryven
yugi (1) - Val

Yet To Vote
Kanrya
Us against the world

lisar

She sits and listens to to everyone's vote as she sipped on her rum and Coke.  She should have known better than to accept a 'free trip' from her sister.  Her sister never does anything that doesn't benefit herself in some way.  Hearing Saffron call her name, she looked up 

Oh... uh.. yeah, Bigglesworth is fine with me. 

Is that a cat?  Bigglesworth sounds like something I would name my cat.

That Girl Analise

"Oh. Well, I think Mister B is right suited for the job," she said, her drawl not likely to have gone unnoticed save for by a few. She'd been years removed from her old farmhouse, but some parts never leave. "He seems the trustworthy sort"

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Mr B (10) - Trieste, RPGuy, Harketh, Josi, Tharic, James, Cyrano, lisar, Analise, Kanrya
Val (2) - persephone. Sunhine
Harketh (1) - Starlequin
persephone (1) - Mr B
Trieste (1) - Ryven
yugi (1) - Val

It's been about 24 hours since anyway posted, so last call for votes or changes!
Us against the world

Kanrya

Mr. Bigglesworth! Kanrya huffs as she runs in from getting back into E from the laptop store she went to get her laptop fixed at. "My apologies people!"