News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

FIFA World Cup 2014

Started by consortium11, May 12, 2014, 10:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert ashes

Spain just did not play like the top ranked team.  Australia could have beat them today, seriously. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Aleph

Starting to believe a draw may be possible....

Dashenka

With all due respect for the Socceroos, without Cahill it's.... average at best. Since Cahill is suspended for the Spain match, I don't think it will end too well for Australia.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Aleph

Quote from: Dashenka on June 19, 2014, 06:05:09 AM
With all due respect for the Socceroos, without Cahill it's.... average at best. Since Cahill is suspended for the Spain match, I don't think it will end too well for Australia.

You might be right, but it's an open secret the current Australian team is a work in progress. A lot of younger players, triple the amount from the domestic league than was present last time around. I think we've already done better than we managed four years ago.

Dashenka

I agree... You did better than many expected and should be good when you qualify for Russia :)

Aleph

Hopefully, yes :)

By that stage we'll have hosted the Asian Cup too so we might need to come and take notes about how to run one of these tournaments in case Qatar goes belly up >:)

Dashenka

It will. Nobody wants to go to Qatar anymore expect Blatter.

desert ashes

Quote from: Dashenka on June 19, 2014, 06:05:09 AM

Considering how Spain has been performing the past couple games I don't foresee it ending well for them even with Cahill being suspended.  Spain is playing like they just threw together a bunch of random players who don't know how to play together and/or don't play well, certainly not like a team supposedly ranked first in the world. 

Quote from: Aleph on June 19, 2014, 06:17:46 AM
Hopefully, yes :)

By that stage we'll have hosted the Asian Cup too so we might need to come and take notes about how to run one of these tournaments in case Qatar goes belly up >:)

Oh, I hope it does!  Not even sure how on earth Qatar won the bid to begin with! ><
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Aleph

Oh we know... *cough*bribery*cough*

The FIFA World Cup host selection process is about as open and transparent as the Olympic Committee's ;)

Remiel

I didn't get to see any of yesterday's matches (stupid work)  but I am really glad Australia went down fighting and didn't simply roll over for the Dutch.  Cahill's goal was a thing of beauty, probably the best one of the tournament so far.   Yes, the Socceroos are forced to take an early exit, but think all Australians should be proud of the way they played.  Everyone expected them to be the punching bag of group B and they proved that was far from the case.

Dashenka

I missed your reports :D

Cheka Man

If England fail again then we are out.  :o

Nico

Quote from: Cheka Man on June 19, 2014, 11:57:17 AM
If England fail again then we are out.  :o
I knooooow.

They gotta win this tonight.

Dashenka

It's not failing... it's just the best they can do. As a competition the Premier League is the best in the world but as a nation, England is not in the world top.

Deamonbane

Mort, make my hand to the bye-bye wave!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Nico

All I can say is: Bloody crap.

Aleph

Umm, not sure, but England still have a lifeline

1) Italy 1-0 Costa Rica
2) England 2-0 Costa Rica
3) Italy 1-0 Uruguay

It's possible...

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Nicholas on June 19, 2014, 04:08:38 PM
All I can say is: Bloody crap.

Hahaha....Hahahahaha.....hahahahahahahahahahaha
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Nico

Nope, England can go home.  :'(

Chris Brady

You know, if England could bribe FIFA to host a World Cup to be hosted in GB proper, the other teams would maybe not do so well.  I mean the desert teams would be like, "Does it ever stop raining???  And why is it so COLD???"  And the southern countries would complaining about the cold as well, the U.S and GB teams would walking around in shorts and laughing.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

gaggedLouise

Roy Hodgson is going to get some tough questions in the media when he returns home. Probably not quite fairly, like the Aussies it was a young team and a work-in-progress...

By the way. Costa Rica's star Bryan Ruiz has been playing for a Stockholm club. After the cup he will be on sale for a pretty penny.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Deamonbane

What you Europeans fail to realize is that Brazil is about as big as Europe. It's practically it's own continent. Having people playing in the Beira Rio and then moving them up to Natal would be like playing a game in Denmark or Great Britain and then going down to play a game in Southern Spain or Italy. It's what Brazil is. You guys knew this coming in. If you can't take the heat, or cold, you shouldn't have come to dispute a World Cup in the first place. Quit bitchin' and start Playin'...

On a separate note, GO COSTA RICA!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Deamonbane on June 20, 2014, 03:40:33 PM
What you Europeans fail to realize is that Brazil is about as big as Europe. It's practically it's own continent. Having people playing in the Beira Rio and then moving them up to Natal would be like playing a game in Denmark or Great Britain and then going down to play a game in Southern Spain or Italy. It's what Brazil is. You guys knew this coming in. If you can't take the heat, or cold, you shouldn't have come to dispute a World Cup in the first place. Quit bitchin' and start Playin'...

On a separate note, GO COSTA RICA!

Well, it's Russia next time around...  :D

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Dashenka

Yeah but all the games are in the same time zone, all in the west of Russia :) But the distances are long, the climate might be similar in all the cities.