Scourge of Worlds - A Pathfinder Adventure

Started by Laughing Hyena, April 19, 2011, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

@Kate: Perfectly, as long as its reasonable and not abusive. I just don't like the idea of a fighter having no weapon and 20 gold or so is not a steep price. Not to mention you won't have an excuse when the only thing that isn't broken is the armor. ^_^

Well I know that many folks do lose interest and drop out when one lingers for too long or one hits a repeating snag. This is common in a forum RPs downfall.

I will kindly wait on the last person as it will give me more time to flesh out the characters and allow things to go as I wish.

Kate

:) Thanks.

As far as use vs abuse goes ?

two options (whichever sab prefers)

a) I will repay her for whatever she gives me as soon as I have the means to.
b) we could role play that she paid for my services for something pending in advance.

Ebb

I've got extra cash as well, if it would help to outfit Kate's character. Perhaps she's getting outfitted out of a fund made up of 'voluntary tithing' to the church, which Sabriel's character 'encouraged' us to pay after she helped get us out of a recent scrape?

It works better for me character-wise if I'm broke at the start anyway. So if it would help to spend 500gp on a horse or other mundane equipment, you're welcome to it.

I do agree that "Dr. Oz's Traveling Medicinal and Oratorical Showcase" (name subject to review) should have done some odd jobs for the Church in the past, and that Bennett has been our point of contact. We should come off as basically trustworthy and mostly competent, though it's probably wise to at least keep an eye on Jojel when there are valuables around.

Kate

how is this for an idea (anyone can veto it).

the "group" existed before I did, and you all paid for my services in advance (because in short you want me to defend protect whatever you guys want to do - throw myself into whatever it is that is between you lot and harms way even if its not in her own best interests.

So the first "chapter" she is effectively the henchmen for all of you.

Or

She skips any rights to whatever loads of treasure everyone deems appropraite
( and its evenly broken up between whoever else exists)... before we are all on par again
(likely she finds her own reasons for tagging along as an equal in monetary matters)

That way as a group we all start with the right amount of wealth - unevenly distributed, but it would even up after chapter 1 (figuratively speaking)

Sabriel

I think if my character provided you with money she would not expect it back, other than perhaps in service or a donation to the Church.  She is not amazingly interested in wealth other than in the fact it provides some of the means to do her duty.

As for her opinion of the operation of the sales and such I think she would turn a blind eye to most of it providing it did not harm anyone or rob them of money they could not afford to part with. So long as there selling something of course and not just thieving from people, she would probably try to discourage them taking advantage of some people and maybe try suggest that more profit could be had in selling legitimate cures/services etc.  On the whole though her opinion would be tolerant of it so long as it did not harm anyone or interfere with her own work and provided good cover and means to travel.  I don't think she would perceive them as bad people either she does not expect everyone to be perfect or honest all the time.

I think Kate's character being sort of tithed by the church may be a good idea I can certainly see my character associating with a soldier as I said.

Kate

If I was given 1000 gp total (500 from both) I would spend it like this.

Masterworked Greatsword       350gp
Spare greatsword (mundane - on horse)    50 gp
Sling and 100 bullets      1 gp

Weapons Sub Total 401 gp

Warhorse, heavy    400 gp
Military Saddle      20 gp    30 lb.
Bit and bridle       2 gp
Saddlebags       4 gp    8 lb.
Horse Grooming kit    1 gp
Studded leather barding   100 gp
Feed for 10 days    5 sp

Horse Sub Total 528.5 gp

Trail Rations for 10 days   5 gp
Bedroll          .1 gp
WinterBlanket          .5 gp
Map/Scroll Case       1 gp
Crowbar          2 gp
Steel Water Flasks x 3       3 gp
Flint and Steel       1 gp
Bullseye lantern       12 gp
Hemp Rope          1 gp
Artisans tools (weaponsmith)    5 gp
Small steel Mirror      10 gp
Pouch x 3         3 gp
Sack x 3          1 sp
Whetstone (Lots)      .2 gp
Loose Comb and Soap       1 gp
Oil (10 pnts)         1 gp
Cold weather outfit      8 gp
Tent             10 gp

Adventuring Stuff Sub Total    64 gp

Spare coin ...................  9.3 gp

... and owe you coin and/or services of 500 gp each.

Yorubi

*Blinks* Sounds like a lot of limitations on money. ^^;; Anyways still peeking around here just in case your wondering if I was just randomly stopping in last night. If someone drops out or what not I'll probably shift in here to take their place since you got five here. I'm the adaptable/not picky type when it comes to playing different types of characters. ^^

Kate

there wasnt really a limitation imposed by the storyteller

we had 10 500 to spend on stuff and i roooly wanted mithril full plate (so blew it all on my armour)
leaving my fighter well..swordless / horseless etc... others came to my aid (Trying to negotiate it such that its fair on those who parted with their starting wealth to kit me out and hopefully cool by others in the party for that to happen).

Yorubi

Well thats the good part about being in a party. You can always help fun an ally who needs that extra money. :)

Ebb

Quote from: Kate on April 26, 2011, 10:53:23 AM
there wasnt really a limitation imposed by the storyteller

we had 10 500 to spend on stuff and i roooly wanted mithril full plate (so blew it all on my armour)
leaving my fighter well..swordless / horseless etc... others came to my aid (Trying to negotiate it such that its fair on those who parted with their starting wealth to kit me out and hopefully cool by others in the party for that to happen).

All cool with me. I've deducted 500gp from my sheet, and for now I'll assume it's payment to the Church for helping Oz and I with some recent legal difficulties. Hope you got insurance on that armor, Kate.

Kate

Sabriel

Yorubi

Hmm *ponders what would be the best option to start thinking about should she be needed for the RP.*

Kate

oh crap sab i realised i need to have a dagger.

(could you update my sheet such that she buys a dagger?)

really sorry about all of this i will ensure that further changes will be as minimal as possible.

if its annoying tell me and i will try again to register to that place (I did stuggle a bit a few times)

Sabriel

It's no problem I can add that and anything else you need just ask me or send me a pm.

Done  :-)

Kate

Grace Orea

Background

Grace Orea is the daughter of a shamed general which took disciplinary measures on his own troups too far. Far enough that they themselves disposed of him, something their own king agreed with.  His tactics were perfect, his lack of understanding of morale however was his downfall.

His legacy included daughters, one of which already married well before the family name of Orea fell leaving Grace in a situation none would envy. Instead of bowing to the shame her family represented Grace decided that her father was correct and it was a sign of weakness of the army for being needy of being fathered for small things they should know, and decided to try and prove her strange theory in practice... by becoming a warrior herself.

What resources her family had left she used to commission armor made of mithril. Then Grace saw to her training in the only way she believed ... by going through the books her father wrote on warfare.

It soon became obvious her father had an affection for those that were fully armored using a great sword held in both hands and often preached about tactics that only such a warrior could manage. Although women had been warriors before most choose the bow or weapons of speed, but something about using a great sword had a pride and magnificence that to her overshadowed everything.

Some in his army that were sympathetic to her situation choose to train her as best they could. She was naturally fast and had superb balance, that helped. More importantly she was determined to be great, that was better.

She demanded her trainers push her as hard as possible, they did.  Even practicing with wooden sword made welts as common as sneezes.... day after day in the war camp that ironically flourished green that had birds chirping love songs, Grace's skill in tactics and swordplay began to show signs of matching her drive....

Item Depictions

Sabriel

This completely slipped my mind before btw but I thought id ask about it now anyway encase, are we using the trait things ?

I quite like some of them as they can be useful for providing story hooks and inspiration for character backgrounds, links or ties. If we are not using them though then well thats no problem there just fluff really anyway in my mind :P

Laughing Hyena

Sabriel

Neat I have added that to my sheet then I found the prefect ones that I felt fitted and represented her background well.   

Yorubi

Any word if Callie is still planning on making a rogue or no? ^^;;

Sabriel

I was not aware he was planning on making a rogue, he suggested Alchemist, Cleric, Cleric/Wizard, fighter I think but I must of missed or forgotten any mention of rogue if there was one.

Yorubi

Hmm could of sworn he mentioned playing a rogue after his other two ideas got shot down for being taken already. ^^;; I'll double check if so and see what he is doing if he is even planning to still join here.

Edit: Ah I think he was asking if a thief or healer would be better, but never answered back specifically if any would be picked by him. ^^;;

Kate

we could do with one if your keen on making one yorubi

Yorubi

Hmm yeah I'll probably lean on that. I'll make a rogue up now. Worst comes to worst, callie already has one made up and I'll just have a character for another game. ^^