[Bloodhunt] Vampires & Werewolves - Closed

Started by Wispyr, April 09, 2016, 03:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

Quote from: RampantDesires on April 10, 2016, 05:26:35 AM
Can your werewolves ever scar?
They can indeed. Battle scars are badges of honor, after all! Typically these wounds would be those caused by silver - though not exclusively. Rapid enough, or rather severe enough damage to a focused spot could also cause them to scar. That is, they'll regenerate it and it'll close, but yes, they can be wounded in permanent ways.

Typing that question also makes me wonder is there a magical 'congrats, you're a real werewolf now' age?
Not usually magical, no. A first shift happens under a full moon, typically after 12, but before 16. It has, rarely, happened both earlier and later though. It can also be forced at basically any point by inducing frenzy, but that's not a good experience for anyone involved.

*is doing her best to NOT ponder making a wolf*
Resist not.

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Wispyr on April 10, 2016, 05:03:40 AM
Wolf form itself would akin to a regular wolf, slightly larger but close enough they could easily pass as regular wildlife.

Manbeast form is the form more traditionally associated with a werewolf; bipedal balls of angry fur teeth and claws...

I find that sexy for some reason.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

RampantDesires

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Wispyr

Cuchulainn

Are we fine to start working on character sheets? Also what's the general theme? What I draw from what you have written is that this will be a story about people coming together to serve almost like a supernatural animal control unit hunting down these hybrids am I correct? Will they use modern weaponry or restrict themselves to the skills granted by their...afflictions?

Also for werewolves how does their general society work, are their packs group hiding in the dark places of the world, train tunnels, the wild living in communes or would they blend in with society, having normal jobs, 401k, etc ?

Wispyr

I would say that you're probably safe to start working on sheets at this point. Looks like we're missing one wolf, unless RampantDesires is among us and then we're set. Doesn't seem like there are any conflicts between who wants leaders and what not... So... I would say yea, everyone should feel free to start making their sheets as they're concepts come to them.

As for weaponry, modern weapons are completely allowed. Actually pretty typical. Vampires and wolves getting in eachothers face at full strength is a recipe for disaster. So bullets are used to 'slow' the other side down some. And ideally actually kill them. It's just easier that way - or at least less dangerous. That said their more natural weapons are always going to be more effective. High risk, high reward. This is particularly true of the hybrids that are... Well... Much harder to take down.

Animal control unit is an amusing analogy but I don't know that it's accurate. The hybrids aren't completely wild and feral just terrorizing the world. That does happen, mind you, they frenzy like Werewolves do and it isn't pretty when it happens. This is more like a self contained unit tasked with hunting and destroying them. The rational behind even leadership and a neutral - the witch - was to create a unit that did not lean on either the wolves or the vampires for instruction. It acts by itself - in theory. So think of them more like an appointed special forces team, that has a global mandate and from that it is up to them to figure it out. Make sense?

It's really a combination of these things. Because packs typically operate on their own, they do whatever each pack formed is comfortable with, thus there are both urban and rural packs in the world. The wolves tend to revere the openness of the wild, because they can embrace themselves there where in society they can't. A true 'city wolf' is rare indeed. The Broods roam the wilds of the world, mostly. Usually with only as much interaction with man and civilization as needed to keep up to date or to deal with vampire infestations.

Intimate Ink

Is human or wolf the 'dominant' form of werewolves for the purposes of this chronicle?  Or, if we want to break it down:  A) Are they born humans and shift to wolves, or vice-versa?  B) In modern times do they, as an aggregate, favor one form over another in day-to-day life?

Wispyr

Quote from: Intimate Ink on April 11, 2016, 05:22:39 AM
Is human or wolf the 'dominant' form of werewolves for the purposes of this chronicle?  Or, if we want to break it down:  A) Are they born humans and shift to wolves, or vice-versa?  B) In modern times do they, as an aggregate, favor one form over another in day-to-day life?
Most of them are born human and shift into wolves later. The reverse is a rare oddity, but does happen. It's often thought of as a omen of great things to come for that individual.

As for forms, I would say on the whole most wolves prefer to remain in a human shifted form. It's easier to get around, communicate and interact with the world as a whole. Even each other. That said, I'd also say that the vast majority of wolves feel a call to the wild... So, weekend trips to the mountains to run around on four legs and bite into some game is probably a common and very meditative / cleansing ritual for a wolf. Manbeast form is pretty much exclusive to battle - mostly because it's truly as close to tapping that inner animal within as you can get without being in frenzy. Most people do not enjoy the feeling of losing themselves to instinct and would want to remain away from that form unless it was needed.

Vlexia

I should have a CS up by tonight or tomorrow.

I'll call on being the werewolf leader and if anybody wants it they can fight me for it ;)

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Cuchulainn

Okay, think I get what you are saying about the group, would they have a base of operations? How mobile would they be? Would their focus be on a limited area or would they be traveling all over the place? Would they use enhanced senses to hunt or would it be more investigatory?

RampantDesires

I've been staring at a character sheet for the last ... three hours and nothing seems to really be sticking.  It is entirely possible that I don't have a solid enough of a grip on the world/group dynamic to put out a final product at this point (and in theory there are already four wolves on deck so I don't feel too bad admitting defeat and wouldn't want to potentially take the spot of someone who DOES have a character in mind). 

I will however continue to haunt this thread and the game in general so if/when next wave of recruitment opens up it'll be go time!  Very much looking forward to seeing where it goes. :-)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Vlexia

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Raziel

So out of pure curiosity are Vampire fangs permanently out or do they extend/retract like in say Buffy for example?

Wispyr

Quote from: RampantDesires on April 11, 2016, 11:54:27 AM
I've been staring at a character sheet for the last ... three hours and nothing seems to really be sticking.  It is entirely possible that I don't have a solid enough of a grip on the world/group dynamic to put out a final product at this point (and in theory there are already four wolves on deck so I don't feel too bad admitting defeat and wouldn't want to potentially take the spot of someone who DOES have a character in mind). 

I will however continue to haunt this thread and the game in general so if/when next wave of recruitment opens up it'll be go time!  Very much looking forward to seeing where it goes. :-)
Most excellent. Never know when someones head might get ripped off muse might make them leave! So thank you for the interest, and, haunt away!

Quote from: Cuchulainn on April 11, 2016, 08:57:55 AM
Okay, think I get what you are saying about the group, would they have a base of operations? How mobile would they be? Would their focus be on a limited area or would they be traveling all over the place? Would they use enhanced senses to hunt or would it be more investigatory?
This is mostly things that will be determined in game, once the leaders come together and figure out how they want to go about this. That said, they will - probably - be all over the place because the hybrids aren't limited to one location. That said chances of being a more mobile unit is highly likely with the potential for a permanent base of operations as a side / fall back.

As for how they hunt, both is probably true but probably heavily skewed towards their enhanced senses.

Quote from: Raziel on April 11, 2016, 04:57:27 PM
So out of pure curiosity are Vampire fangs permanently out or do they extend/retract like in say Buffy for example?
Vamp fangs are retractable yes.

Wispyr

Also at this point, I'm going to get the OOC and CS threads up today.

As I go to do this, I realize I never asked. Is anyone opposed to doing the Extreme Boards? Purely to cover bases, nothing more. Otherwise it can be bumped down if there is general discomfort.

Raziel

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Kye

Orange Marmalade

Wispyr

Thread

Description

Post Count
[Bloodhunt] Recruitment          Ascendant's official recruitment thread          Not Counted
[Bloodhunt] Character Sheets          Storage house for the approved character profiles         
Not Counted

These threads are up, reviewing the character sheets that have currently been submitted!

Raziel

Afraid I'm going to have to bow out of this one as I've entered day 3 of writer's block when it comes to trying to think up a character profile, sorry everyone.

Orange Marmalade

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

bubby

Just dropping in to shake a fist in Wispyr's direction for FINALLY coming up with an awesome game I'm interested in.... and I'm not capable of joining right meow.