Making it easier on your eyes

Started by Vekseid, November 05, 2012, 10:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

I've only used it for about a day or so, but I already feel better. Certainly slept better.

Basically it adjusts the brightness of your screen according to the time of day and your location.

Trieste

I usually hate stuff messing with my color and brightness, but I'll give it a shot for a week. ;D

Oreo

I would have loved it if it had a manual function. Or a color adjustment. It came out looking orange for me. I don't know why, but orange aggravates me no end. : ( I do tend to adjust my screen brightness daily and turn it down in the evening. Anyway, I like the concept, just wish there were more user adjustments available.

I'm glad it's helping you, Veks.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Trieste

It does have color adjustment. The orange color at night is meant to warm it up and make it similar to a halogen light, but you can adjust the setting to make it closer to fluorescent (or less-warm). Might help to play around with that.

Oreo

I'll give it another go. All I could get it to do was set the time. Nor could I find a way to turn it off at will.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Trieste

When I click on the little task icon, it pulls up the window showing what part of the day it's on and what location I've put into the program (or what location it auto-detected). In the upper right, there is a "change settings" button. In the settings there, there are two slider bars that allow you to adjust daytime and nighttime light intensity.

There is also a checkbox at the bottom that says "disable for one hour" so you can hop back and forth if you want to.

Oreo

I found the disable button first time around. I didn't think I could last three hours of orange glow before dawn hit. ^_^

Sometimes I hate not having regular hours, others I really enjoy the quiet time waking at 2am provides.

Combicon

Oooh, interesting.
I'll give it a shot.
Got it running now. Kind of orange. Interesting, not bad enough that I want to get rid of it. The only time I really notice it is on the mouse pointer / curser thing is still as white as a ghost.
Is there a way to disable it for specific programs? I have mIRC set so it had white text on black backgrounds as that makes it so much easier to read, but this makes the white slightly orangy, negating ease.

Rozel

Tried it.. very different. Not it a bad way though..

Orangy-peach glow currently.

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.
My Ons and Offs: ~♠Funs, Not so Funs and Maybes with Roz♠~
Musings and Thoughts: 𓆩*𓆪Available Stories𓆩*𓆪
Sorry: ~~A/A's~~
{Slow return, its been a while. }