World of Warcraft (Closed ATM)

Started by Question Mark, June 07, 2011, 07:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alliance

My character is only a few post up. Eldire Melbourne.

I want to combine and create some spells, and probably make a class that combines both classes together.

He creates illusions, paralyzes enemies, puts them to sleep, and knows more "physical magic". By physical magic I mean raw magic, which works more like telekensis...the fantasy world version of "psychic abilities".

Question Mark

Quote from: LunarSage on June 09, 2011, 01:24:28 PM
I wanted to clarify... my reason for not being interested wasn't the Tirion thing, though that was disappointing.  Everyone seems to know the lore inside and out and while I know a bit of it, it's left me more than a bit lost and intimidated.  Year 35?  Veterans returning from a war?  I'm clueless... I haven't read any of the books.

Check Wowhead for any questions you might have, although the Timeline is a great place to start.  "Hmm, the Third War, what was that?"  Click the link and you'll know.  I <3 wikis.

To answer your immediate questions though.  The Warcraft timeline is based on the year 0, when orcs (I'm sure you know these guys) first invaded Azeroth and her kingdom, Stormwind; this was known as the First War.  35 years later, a lot of stuff happened.  The orcs formed the Horde, the humans formed the Alliance, both inviting and allying with other races (like elves, trolls, etc.).  The Horde and Alliance became Azeroth's two super powers in a sense, clashing again in the Second War, and a third time twenty years later in the middle of a demonic invasion (ya, epic right?).

The war veterans we mentioned are returning from a distant conflict with the Lich King, this really powerful dude who controls the massive undead army known as the Scourge, formed during the Third War.  His death was a pretty big deal.  Once he was defeated, the Horde and Alliance heroes returned home.  This roleplay takes place around that time period, right before the Shattering.

Question Mark

Oh, Aiden: still working on the poll.  I need to come up with actual stories now (unless any of you guys have ideas?  Ever hopeful)

Question Mark

Poll's up!  You'll find the plots in the first post.  See which one you like and, uh, vote.  Ya.

I guess this doesn't really need instructions.  XD

LunarSage

Tell me that gear is not going to be a focus in this game... like "you have that axe?  Ha!  I have this far better one, see?  Here are the stats".

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

elfguy

Name: Xara
Titles: Warlord, The Explorer
Race: Troll
Class: Rogue
Specialization: Knifes
Spells/Skills: None
Talents/Professions: Very good scout, can find her way out of most places and knows all the locations in the known world.
Main Faction: Horde
Secondary Faction(s): Orgrimmar rogue guild
Status with your Main Faction: Champion of the Horde, having won many battles already despite her young age.
Personality: Xara is a young, joyful girl. She likes to smile and be friendly with people, which is somewhat unusual for a Troll. However when time comes for battle, she is completely focused and can be ruthless when needed. She takes great care of her body, training every day, giving her a fit, strong body, and she's able to overpower men several times her size due to her physique and skills. She also has some strange kinks, and what turns her on is a good battle, where she will often dominate her prey both physically and sexually before killing them. She also likes to be dominated in bed, as long as she knows she can take back control afterward.
History: Xara was born in a Troll settlement in southern Durotar. She quickly found an affinity with the blade, and trained to be skilled at melee combat. Due to her small figure and her ability at hiding easily she decided to become a rogue. She quickly established herself in Orgrimmar and made used of its facilities to become the best rogue she could be. Living in the Horde capital also allowed her to participate in various Horde campaigns against both the Alliance and some native species on the world, and even though she is still young, she already has combat experience.
Racial Affections: She has affection for all Horde races
Racial Hatreds: She dislike the Alliance, altho has learned recently that the anti-Alliance propaganda may not be completely accurate.
Sexual Experience: She has slept with many people, mostly her victims which she killed afterward.
Armor:  Same as her picture
Weapon: She carries her two daggers as her only weapons.
Mount: Standard issue Troll Raptor.
Other Equipment: She has a small pouch with various rogue items like lockpicks and smoke bombs.
Appearance: She has fairly large breasts, which seem accentuated since she is rather petite.
Notable Traits: None
Casual Clothing: None
----

Alliance

Question Mark

Quote from: LunarSage on June 09, 2011, 02:06:35 PM
Tell me that gear is not going to be a focus in this game... like "you have that axe?  Ha!  I have this far better one, see?  Here are the stats".

Heh, absolutely not.  We're not using stats, systems, or anything like that.  You're free to grab new gear and weapons as they present themselves in the RP, though many characters would be loathe to replace their prized possessions, and they won't make you better at fighting; not in a numbers sense.

Also, Xara is approved.  You're sure she doesn't want a metal breastplate?  Those breasts would fall out if she so much as takes a deep breath.

Heh, I kid, I kid.  Which title would you like for the CHAMPIONS section?

Shjade

Going to have a separate poll for the story:sex ratio later, or did we come to a consensus on that somewhere along the way? ;p

Judging by most of the profiles so far it seems like story's being favored.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Question Mark

Quote from: Shjade on June 09, 2011, 02:18:41 PM
Going to have a separate poll for the story:sex ratio later, or did we come to a consensus on that somewhere along the way? ;p

Judging by most of the profiles so far it seems like story's being favored.

No one's really voiced an opinion so far, and like you said, story seems to be favored in the profiles.  I say we just play it normal, let the RP - story, smut, and all - evolve on its own.  If people want sex, they'll get sex.  If they want epic battles and storys, they'll get those too.

Flower

I've finally finished this thing. Let me know if you have any problems with it or if you want something changed. :)

Name: Nelena Moonsong
Titles: The Patient; of Darnassus, The Explorer
Race: Night Elf
Class: Druid
Specialization: Feral Feline Form; Stealth
Spells/Skills:

• Possesses only one other form which she uses mainly for travel.
    Rejuvenation: Minor healing spell that can only be used in desperate situation since she has not fully mastered this skill
    Spells used in Cat form such as rake, ravage, and shred
Talents/Professions: Herbalism; Alchemy
Main Faction: Alliance
Secondary Faction(s):
Argent Crusade
Explorer’s League
Cenarion Circle
Status with your Main Faction:  Respected due to position as druid and dedication to seeing to the balance of nature.
Personality: More linked with nature than other humanoids. Prefers to watch to learn about new activities rather than jump directly into the fray. Enjoys spending time in cat form since it allows more mobility and greater security when moving through unknown territory. Attempts to avoid violence and conflict but sometimes falls prey to baser instincts due to youth. Queit in nature but knows when to speak up or kill.
History: Nelena towards the end of the first war. During this time, she was kept in seclusion to perfect and learn more the druidic arts. Being female, she has always felt disadvantaged by her sex since the majority of her peers are male. As the Northrend wars began to become a more serious affair, she was sent with many other Night Elves to heal the lands of Kalimdor that had been touched by a tainted force. It was during this time that she was exposed to different races and many factions. (Basically she studied during the Burning Crusades, engaging in small journeys then becomes more active during the rise of the Lich King :) )
Racial Affections:
Dranei: Similar interest allows them to get along better than with most races
Tauren: These graceful creatures respect the land as the druids so she has a great affection for them.
Racial Hatreds:
Forsaken: These beings do not deserve to walk on the land with their unholy aura disrupting the natural balance.
Gnomes:  A bit too hasty and quick in their actions. Their disrespect for nature can also be a bit troublesome.
Blood Elves: Uneasy around them due to long history of trials and tribulations
Orcs: The reason for Night elves losing their immortality and also invading their territory which lead to daily disputes.

Sexual Experience: Fully aware of the sexual activities of men and beast since she learned them in her travels but does not approve of public displays of affection. She has only engaged in small things in her lifetime such as light kissing and touching.
Armor:  Wears simple clothing of leather that allows for swift moment and a moon necklace entrusted to her by a priestess to remind her of home when on travels
Weapon: Dagger of the Rising Moon: Only uses when out of cat form. Prefers since it is small to carry but still deadly when used in combat.
Mount:  Requires no mount due to ability to switch forms. Although, she can ride a war panther and hippogryph with ease.
Other Equipment: Carries a small bag full of belongings (Gathered herbs, vials, other miscellaneous things gathered in travels)
Appearance:  (see image)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alliance

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 01:44:32 PM
My character is only a few post up. Eldire Melbourne.

I want to combine and create some spells, and probably make a class that combines both classes together.

He creates illusions, paralyzes enemies, puts them to sleep, and knows more "physical magic". By physical magic I mean raw magic, which works more like telekensis...the fantasy world version of "psychic abilities".

I'll rephrase what I was trying it.

How would I go about this keeping to WOW?

Question Mark

Nelena is definitely approved; we need more Alliance!  *feels anxious surrounded by trolls and orcs and blood elves (Oh my!)*  What title would you like used in the CHAMPIONS section?

((Note to Self: I really should just put "Preferred Title" in the profile, would've saved a lot of space.))

Alliance: That's arcane magic.  Well, it's really a mix of druidic and arcane, but for simplicity's sake we'll just say we uses arcane magic to do what he does.

Flower

Umm, perhaps the Patient. Easy title to get but difficult to live by :P

Question Mark

Quote from: Dancing flower on June 09, 2011, 02:31:47 PM
Umm, perhaps the Patient. Easy title to get but difficult to live by :P

Like it, love it, gotta have it.  Consider it done.

Alliance

Quote from: Question Mark on June 09, 2011, 02:30:03 PM
Nelena is definitely approved; we need more Alliance!  *feels anxious surrounded by trolls and orcs and blood elves (Oh my!)*  What title would you like used in the CHAMPIONS section?

((Note to Self: I really should just put "Preferred Title" in the profile, would've saved a lot of space.))

Alliance: That's arcane magic.  Well, it's really a mix of druidic and arcane, but for simplicity's sake we'll just say we uses arcane magic to do what he does.

For a second there I thought you were talking about me. Damn for shizzel you need more me.

Anyway, all right specialty Arcane Magic coming up.

LunarSage

I'm a bit concerned that the game is going to focus too much on combat.  What's the consensus there?  I would prefer a more character focused game myself rather than nonstol combat.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Shjade

Quote from: LunarSage on June 09, 2011, 03:40:30 PM
I'm a bit concerned that the game is going to focus too much on combat.  What's the consensus there?  I would prefer a more character focused game myself rather than nonstol combat.
I doubt the combat will be non-stop even if it's common. The cataclysm will pretty much put a halt on any ongoing battle when it happens, for one. Kinda hard to focus on your little war when there's a massive earthquake and everything is suddenly on fire. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Question Mark

Quote from: LunarSage on June 09, 2011, 03:40:30 PM

I personally prefer a character focused game, liberally sprinkled with combat.  Combat (and peace) should arise from character development and conflict, and vice versa.  If things go right, that's how it should work.  Of course, you could always avoid combat, along with all the consequences that would entail.

Aiden

My character is more of a diplomat and conflict I will try to talk out OOC since I don't plan on godmodding results. Gorejaw is quite approachable...just don't swing a weapon or a spell or way or it is on.

Alliance

elfguy

Xara is very playful so she'll find something to do (or to have sex with) regardless of the situation.
----

Aiden

It seems the consensus is common enemy or exploration, common exploration!

Flower

Aiden

Deathwing? or maybe a new common enemy before the sundering.