Steffy's Magic Shop

Started by Steffy, July 04, 2018, 09:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaclyn

… and somehow Steffy’s nose is held and there is no haint revealed …

  “Come out come out wherever you are.
  Witches wish upon a star!”

… where has that AI Al gotten too? …

Al Terego

Al Terego

Quote from: Steffy on August 14, 2023, 02:11:35 PM

Damn, Steffy, you sure know how to pick 'em!

Quote from: Steffy on August 14, 2023, 02:11:35 PM
It is hard to believe that he focused on my nose!  Go figure!  Unpredictable predictable Al.

I try to behave here :)

Jaclyn

Quote from: Al Terego on August 15, 2023, 12:14:40 AM
I try to behave here :)

… words float out of empty spaces … should I sprinkle more pixie dust? … or is the AI incapable of materializing a corpus? …

  “Hello? Who is there? Are you a ghost? Are you okay? Try sniffing the pixie dust. It won’t hurt you.”

… I hope it won’t hurt the AI or whatever it is …

Al Terego

Quote from: Jaclyn on August 16, 2023, 05:31:05 AM
“Hello? Who is there? Are you a ghost? Are you okay? Try sniffing the pixie dust. It won’t hurt you.”

Hello
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?

Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well, I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again

Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

Jaclyn

… colorful and cryptic …

  “Floyd? Anderson? Council? Is that one of you or all three?”

… no one is home … and I feel a little sick …

Steffy

Steffy
Lackadaisical Observer
Witch Doctor 

Finally peering, of some concern is Jaclyn’s red nose.

Should a trained observer, me, be concerned that I don’t know how long her nose has been red?  I say ‘no’.  (So sue me!)

Al hides.  Jaclyn seeks.  (Is that why her nose is red?)  I’ll see how that goes. 

Pretty soon though, I’ll remind them of the Magic Shop dues obligation.  Skillful ones have to offer tips known as clever ideas.  (Preemptively to Al and Jaclyn, note that Steffy said ‘skillful’ which is not Steffy!)

Al Terego

Quite a number of spells have been a casualty of the upgrade.  Hopefully things will be fixed soon.

Jaclyn

Jaclyn Rosendahl
Entrepreneur
About Jaclyn
 ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ 
  So it’s new magic you want? This one.

* The Black Hatted Format Witch jumps through fiery hoops for you.

  That’s done with the new to me ‘[me]’ tag. Because it’s all about me, right? Here’s the code for that.

[me=The Black Hatted Format Witch]jumps through fiery hoops for you.[/me]
  I have no clue how I’d use it. The inner text may be formatted but not the ‘me’ name. Guesses on usage welcome.

  Here’s the complete BBCode List but it does not include @Vekseid’s own Elliquiy custom codes such as [float] and [o] overstrike.

Jaclyn

Quote from: Al Terego on October 18, 2023, 08:37:52 AMQuite a number of spells have been a casualty of the upgrade.  Hopefully things will be fixed soon.

Jaclyn Rosendahl
Entrepreneur
About Jaclyn
 ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ 
  It seems @Vekseid is running scripts on posts to fix some things. Float for example has gone from our [floatleft] what’s floated [/floatleft] to [float=left] what’s floated [/float]. I’ve noticed some to me incorrect things that I have fixed. One example is when a URL ends has been to my mind misplaced. I suggest it would be prudent to examine the formatting when we quote our characters going forward. Fixing the past is fraught with peril.

Al Terego

Veks said that the old tags will be reinstated.

Vekseid

Quote from: Al Terego on October 19, 2023, 04:05:49 PMVeks said that the old tags will be reinstated.
Not for floats, I converted 99% of them in the database but a lot of other examples escaped and are too finicky for me to convert en masse. 

Youtube no longer auto-embeds. I can't really fix that as there are some reasons we didn't want the embed at points. I've been searching for and converting some of the truly ancient embeds, however.

Everything else should be functioning fine at the moment. Let me know if something is broken.

Jaclyn

Jaclyn Rosendahl
Entrepreneur
About Jaclyn
 ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ 
  Thanks much @Vekseid! We’ll keep poking and adjusting.

  One thing we need to do is examine the Book of Spells to ensure all those links lead to valid stuff. Then get the poster to fix whatever needs be fixed. That’s probably mostly you and me, @Al Terego. Discord DM is probably the best way to do that business.

Al Terego

Steffy

Steffy
Self-designated
Crown Witch

The Crowned Witch was shocked.  Such devastation to the Shop. Such devoted, thoughtful work by so many.  Wahhhhh!!!!!

She is pleased to see the spirit of recovery, digging out.

Based on what she has seen, the Crown Witch surmises that certain corrections to past entries have been made.  Whew!

TCW, relying on a trusted advisor, now understands that it is float=left and /float.  That the float left conversion is not part of the current fix.

TCW's chest gratuitously swells at Al in appreciation of the guardian angel feeling she gets from him. 

TCW has not visited the Courtney Index.  That will need review. Courtney is around but majorly occupied.  More to follow on that.

Clearly, no further proof is required, TCW is the slow learner.  TCW will have to figure how to right size her bottom line - shrinkflation there.

FURTHER RAMBLING: Yes, I am referring to myself in the third person because Al is slightly befuddled by that.  AND a very unsophisticated TCW asks is our event more in the DC or Marvel style?  

YET FURTHER RAMBLINGS: TCW's bottom though?  What about that?  Hopefully, perfect. 

Jaclyn

Jaclyn Rosendahl
Entrepreneur
About Jaclyn
 ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ 
  So Vekseid says they hope to get to Bookmarks today (10/28/23). Do we have any other issues with the changes? We’re good with floats. Post here any issues and we can think about those before we jiggle Veks’ talented elbows.

  To report, I’ve been through all of the links in Steffy’s Magic Shop - Book of Spells: A guide to BBcode (Please No Posting) associated with my name and found no new flaws. Fixed a few old flaws but made no attempt to pick up the pieces left by Mediafire’s duck and run since those were just my witchy avatar. Does TCW have any more work for us her humble servants?

Jaclyn

Jaclyn Rosendahl
Entrepreneur
About Jaclyn
 ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ 
I have one very tiny complaint about the change, @Vekseid. I enter curly quotes and the site straightens them out. Replaces char(147) & char(148) with char(34). I assume it does the same for char(39) for single quotes. Is there a reason for this? I thought the world had grown up from UTF-8.

For anyone wondering, I use an addon for Chrome called Instant Smart Quotes that does the reformatting as I type.

Vekseid

Hmmm. Does it still do this when you don't use the WYSIWYG?

““Testing””
“Hello world”

Vekseid

Fixxored.

I am not sure wtf the programmers were thinking it gets converted to the proper utf8 -_-

Al Terego

@Vekseid, another difference from the old behaviour:

Vertically stacked images are not flush.

Jaclyn

Jaclyn Rosendahl
Entrepreneur
About Jaclyn
 ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ 
“Yes, this was entered with curly quotes @Vekseid and not using the WYSIWYG editor. And fixed. Thank you?”