Taken, a Game of the Captive (DnD 3.5 or PF) (NC-EX)

Started by ShadowFox89, January 27, 2012, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

The idea is simple. The players have been captured. The general details are left up to the group to decide. What I am looking for is 3-4 players for a 3.5 dungeons and dragons, 8th level game. Chances are your characters will be tortured, abused, etc. General unpleasant things.

I'm not looking for any crunch from people for now, but merely discussion on what you would be expecting from the game.

Here's the character generation rules:
Pathfinder for the most part. If the feat or class you are looking for isn't in Pathfinder, ask me first.
40pt buy for ability scores
Level 8
No starting wealth, but put up a reasonable wishlist (no Sphere of Annihilation or the like)
Make sure to note the things you absolutely do not want happen to your character
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

Hmm. Could be interesting. Given having stats wouldn't make sense if all that was going to happen was "tortured and abused, forever in captivity", I assume one of the following is in your plans:
1. We get a chance to escape (and it becomes an adventure of fleeing, trying to reach a safehaven and eventually looking for revenge/justice)
2. They give us a chance to earn our freedom with some kind of quest or mission (one that's important enough globally that we wouldn't just skip out and run for freedom - or with some kind of oversight)
3. Part of the captivity also involves small dungeoncrawls or gladiator battles for their amusement/to slowly test our worth (to be told "the real reason for all this" before sending us out to do some important thing)/to gradually corrupt us to their worldview to become their next wave of generals.

Do you have a specific one of these in mind?

I'd be interested in playing, probably a character who appears to be in her late teens, so sort of young and innocent, causing the torturers to be less "rape, hot coals and barbed scourges" and more "spanking and molesting" - whether because they think she'll break if they don't go easier, or because they want to humiliate her by making a big deal of her apparent youth. And preferably... I'm personally into girls not guys, so perhaps some of the captors could be sadistic females, who take a shine to doing things to my character?

As for actual race/class/whatever, I'm not sure yet. Sort of depends on how easygoing you are with what's available. If you were thinking "basic PHB characters only" I'd probably go Elf Wizard. If a wider variety of WotC books are allowed, then maybe a Human Beguiler (with some of the Fiendish Heritor feats to sort of make her basically a "lesser succubus").
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

ShadowFox89

I'll put up a list of books allowed.

As to your questions- Possible to one of the three, or multiple. I like giving players choices. You could escape or work for them. You could try and kill one in their sleep and escape, or make your way to the top of the ladder.

Questions for the players-

1) Do you want to start knowing each other? Obviously, this would be easiest for me.

2) What are your limits are far as torturing your characters? I'm not going to go out and do something that a person isn't comfortable with, though I do intend to push the edges a bit.

3) What sort of setting would you like? As far as created settings, I only have the Eberron book and even then only the base book.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

yesiroleplay

I played in a game very like this over on RPoL many years ago - maybe 6 years back?  It lasted quite a while, and the basic premise was "you got nabbed by the Magistrate of Waterdeep for ____ and sentenced to death for your crime."  We had freedom to decide if our characters were actually guilty of the crimes we were convicted of, and we didn't have to share this with the other players.

They threw us into the Underdark and took bets on how well we did - sort of a Running Man premise complete with near-omniscient surveillance.  It wasn't an adult game, but it was fun.

I'd be interested in something like this.

Bloody Rose

I have some experience with Pathfinder but not with the actual AD&D. I want to join however i would need help with the character sheet creation.

ShadowFox89

The only reason I have it as 3.5 is because that's what I have the most source material for. If we get enough people who prefer Pathfinder, we can switch to that.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

Anyways depending on what you offer i might offer a char, both of them the same premise or idea.

kongming

Quote1) Do you want to start knowing each other? Obviously, this would be easiest for me.

I'm certainly okay with knowing the others, even working on a group background. If others want to all meet up in custody though, I can do that too.

Quote2) What are your limits are far as torturing your characters? I'm not going to go out and do something that a person isn't comfortable with, though I do intend to push the edges a bit.

Well, I'm... for the things I do like, I go fairly extreme, but it's a kind of narrow field. I'd say a definite no to mutilation, burning (beyond branding), cutting/impaling (piercing such as to give nipple piercings or whatever is okay), urination/defecation, animals, very animalistic looking humanoids (were-creatures in hybrid form and most things that are considered "furry". Minor features are in the "completely okay" area)

I don't really want, but won't flee from, intelligent undead (that aren't rotting), male rapists, being hit in "non sexy" ways (out of combat, that is - in combat, anything goes) such as actually punching, or any kind of striking to the head, being spat upon.

Things I'm totally fine with include being molested or raped by females (including strap-ons or other objects being inserted by them), being forced (physically grabbed and held down, or the "If you don't, then we'll do X") to provide oral (to either entrance, as long as it's clean) on females, being pinched, branded, tattooed, pierced, spanked, whipped, caned, cropped (etc. etc. And although the buttocks are a wonderful place for that, the thighs, calves, anus, breasts and crotch are also on the 'yes' list), having painful things (nettles, ginger root, chillis) inserted/scrubbing with rough bristles, being tied up in various ways (hogtied, shibari, etc.), being mounted on various punishment devices (vaulting horses, sibians, the triangular things that you sit on that dig into the crotch) and so on.

Quote3) What sort of setting would you like? As far as created settings, I only have the Eberron book and even then only the base book.

Honestly, I'm usually more interested in the characters than in the greater picture of the world, so it doesn't matter - it could be a specific setting, one of your own creation, or a basically generic one.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

Quote from: kongming on January 27, 2012, 10:08:51 PM
Well, I'm... for the things I do like, I go fairly extreme, but it's a kind of narrow field. I'd say a definite no to mutilation, burning (beyond branding), cutting/impaling (piercing such as to give nipple piercings or whatever is okay), urination/defecation, animals, very animalistic looking humanoids (were-creatures in hybrid form and most things that are considered "furry". Minor features are in the "completely okay" area)

All fine. I'm not planning to take things to such an extreme. Be aware that there might be certain players interested in playing anthromorphic characters.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

That doesn't worry me - I just would like skim over what happens with them. I mean, I don't expect my preferences to dictate what other people play, they can be three-dicked half-ooze half sea-urchin zombies if they like (well, within confines of the rules and genre of the game of course).

I just wouldn't want such things having sex with my character.

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

Another option is to start with a small group (2-3) of players and gradually introduce more as people get interested. Possibly even some captors turning into the captives.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

I was rather thinking of a huge guy that everybody fears at start but has a heart of gold. He could do some serious damage with only his strength but haven't found a reason to fight yet. You know.... the big giant gentle soul hehe

kongming

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 27, 2012, 11:04:51 PM
Another option is to start with a small group (2-3) of players and gradually introduce more as people get interested. Possibly even some captors turning into the captives.

Heh, "today's warden is tomorrow's inmate"? That could work though, yeah.

I prefer 3.X to Pathfinder because I'm more familiar with it, but I can do either. I know PF has their own srd somewhere.

And I like making character sheets, so I can pretty much do so once the specific system and sources, how ability scores are allocated etc. are decided.

Ons/Offs:

Snake

Color me interested but third level is too paltry. You can't do much with it but given the situation it makes sense.

Kimera

Interested if their is still room

D&D and pathfinder are my preferred systems so no problems there  ;D

Bloody Rose

It's there much difference between AD&D 3.5 and Pathfinder rules?

ShadowFox89

Not a whole lot. Pathfinder is a lot more streamlined.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

ShadowFox89

Skills are condensed, you get perks for staying in one class, there are only two different base attack lines. Feats are gained at every odd level, grappling rules don't involve a thousand rolls.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

They're actually officially interchangable. So you can play a 3.5 game with some pathfinder aspects plugged in.

Callie Del Noire

Bloody Rose

ShadowFox89

I like pathfinder because it's very easy to use. I like 3.5 because it's what I'm most familiar with.

Mixing the two can also work.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

I like pathfinder. I got most of its stuff in Herolab so I can build and tweak easily enough.

Kimera

Snake

I prefer to mix and match I like what PF did with the ranger and sorc  and fighter classes espectially.

Callie Del Noire

Have an image of an exotic type (tiefling, cat folk, or such) being locked up for simply being.  Not that he/she isn't otherwise deserving it. (want to do a thrifty type)

ShadowFox89

Going off of those who have expressed interest, how would you feel about this for a setup?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
You have been taken prisoner by the Salchmor Empire. Your crime could be anything; Maybe you were a member of a rebel group. Maybe you stole to keep yourself fed. Maybe you were a member of the royal family of a recently captured land. Or maybe you just had the unfortunate chance of not being human.

Whatever the reason, you were brought to this island prison. Stripped of all possessions and dignity. Until the day you die or the day you earn your freedom, you are a prisoner here. Enjoy your stay.

It gives a chance for any kind of character to be played and numerous options for escape or freedom. I'd like to keep spellcasters to a minimum, and it's likely that you won't be starting with any wealth.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

as I said, I was thinking of a very large and scary looking human. He could be intimidating the others at first but he is in fact a very kind man, sort of a giant with a heart if you know what I mean.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

tuckers02

If you have room for one more, I have a very interesting concept for this game.  One of my favorite characters to play but not for every campaign.  I don't have experience with PF, but I've been wanting to try it.  I do know 3.5 pretty well though.

Callie Del Noire

I can makeup a knife type rogue if you're going with PF

Kimera

The island prison sounds interesting

Count me in :)

kongming

Given spellcasters are the only characters who can function without the actual wealth by level... yeah, I'm going to have to insist on playing a caster.

But the basic idea works, allowing for varying backgrounds and personalities, and letting us try to earn our freedom, escape, take the place over, whatever.

Ons/Offs:

Snake

Monks can function without the wealth. I was thinking of making one of them :3 well a PF variant called the Martial Artist. Basically a monk with teh file numbers clipped off :P they don't get as many supernatural abilities but they do get fighter feats.

ShadowFox89

Keep in mind that everyone will have some sort of problem at the start. Those that rely on equipment won't have any. Spellcasters.... I have a few ideas. Some of them particularly unpleasant. Monks will be locked up most of the time.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

Put spellcasters in an anti-magic cell. Fighters and martial types ina forcecage.... and string rogues and monks up by the wrists.

With a keyed portal being the only way in or out of the prison block. Meaning they'd have to escape, jump a guard or they're simply stuck.

ShadowFox89

Nah. I have far more interesting ideas for spellcasters. I still want you guys to be able to interact, locking everyone away would make it little better than a bunch of solo games.

If you are interested in a spellcaster, pm me and we can talk about the limits on what you are willing to have done to your character to keep them from blasting everyone with a magic missile.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

So where do you want the chars? Jus tpost them here or PM them to you?

ShadowFox89

Post here, but fluff first. We can work out the crunch later.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

Er Fluff? Like name: appearance,  that type of deal?

ShadowFox89

Yeah. I'll put up a template if you need.

Sorry, posting from phone so I can't do large posts.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

Callie Del Noire

Hmm..

Wukong Singe: The Laughing Brigand.

Background: No one was sure where the infamous Wukong Singe had come from. Rumor varied, most of them having been created by the infamous liar himself. He was a man cursed by a mage, or he was a monkey gifted with human qualities, or he was a trickster spirit made flesh. Whatever reason he came to be, the man-monkey was known to steal from those he felt took advantage of others (including bent tax collectors). Finally his thirst for drink has gotten him captured and locked away after one particularly epic (in his tales) drinking adventure over most of the city.

ShadowFox89

[b]Name[/b]: Self explanatory
[b]Race[/b]: Pathfinder races to make things easy
[b]Class[/b]: We'll go with pathfinder classes
[b]Gender and preference[/b]: Self explanatory
[b]Physical Description[/b]: How does your character look?
[b]Mental Description[/b]: How does your character think?
[b]Background[/b]: Don't need too much. Maybe a paragraph or two.
[b]Ons[/b]: What you'd like to see happen to your character
[b]Limits[/b]: What you absolutely will not allow happen to your character

That should work for a template.

Biggest difference between PF and 3.5 is the lack of level adjustments in PF. Though there are rules in the SRD for playing a monster race as a PC, I haven't looked them over yet.

So, two big decisions-
PF or 3.5?
What level? The higher the level, the more detail I expect put into characters and the more powerful your captors will be.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

how about lvl 7-10, not to strong, but you can already do some stuff

I know d&d3.5 the best, but pathfinder is no problem either

Callie Del Noire

tuckers02

Awww, I was hoping to be the Healer class from the Miniature's Handbook.  Would that be okay?

As far as everything else, I'm fine with what everyone else decides.

ShadowFox89

Sorry Tucker, I don't have the miniature's handbook :/
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

kongming

Quote from: Kimera on January 29, 2012, 03:58:04 PM
how about lvl 7-10, not to strong, but you can already do some stuff

Yeah, I like the higher level stuff too. That said, the higher the level, the harder the "you don't have equipment" thing hits. In the earliest levels, it only means "enemies have an easier time hitting the characters who normally wear armour, characters who rely on weapons... have a problem". Later on though, it means PCs routinely fail saving throws, enemies automatically hit PCs, PCs have a harder time affecting enemies with abilities and so on.

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

Well, you'll be getting equipment. You just won't start with anything. Any equipment will require some creativity to get.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

I dont mind either way, I have more experience with Pathfinder but whatever you want.

ShadowFox89

Been a few days, how is everyone coming along with their characters?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

ShadowFox89

I've got some of it.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 29, 2012, 02:16:27 PM
Hmm..

Wukong Singe: The Laughing Brigand.

Background: No one was sure where the infamous Wukong Singe had come from. Rumor varied, most of them having been created by the infamous liar himself. He was a man cursed by a mage, or he was a monkey gifted with human qualities, or he was a trickster spirit made flesh. Whatever reason he came to be, the man-monkey was known to steal from those he felt took advantage of others (including bent tax collectors). Finally his thirst for drink has gotten him captured and locked away after one particularly epic (in his tales) drinking adventure over most of the city.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

You want the actual character sheet now right?

i was waiting on level & gear stuff to be hammered out I thik

ShadowFox89

Ah, sorry, no. Didn't want an actual character sheet. But things like race, class, personality, and physical description might help a bit.

As for level, I think 8 should do it. Gear, you can put up a wishlist (within reason, so asking for a Sphere of Annihilation is out) of stuff you would like to get as the game goes on.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

Oh, sure thing~

In that case, I put forward:

Name: Laelia Hahn
Race: Human (appears to be a minor succubus of sorts, however)
Class: Beguiler (PHB 2)
Brief Personality: despite her appearance, she doesn't actually act like a demon, and is still very much determined to do good - although she doesn't want to life as a subservient captive either. Has become more of a pervert as a result of the soul-searing (below).
A few notes on Physical Description: soft, yielding skin with a light bronze touch to it, full pouty lips that are naturally red, wide innocent green eyes, and sweeping black hair. She also has tiny jutting horns and a whiplike tail.
Why she's caught: Laelia had been adventuring in the lower planes, trying to destroy demonkind, when she got... entangled with some succubi. She was less than successful, and they did many things with her - sucking out a large amount of her soul and filling her with demonic essence. As a result, they warped her very being, and so when she returned... she looked like a fiend, and was captured and geas'ed into submission to be put to work as a bound demon of sorts.

(The background there and demonic appearance would be represented by Abyssal Heritor feats - feats that make you more demonic in certain ways)

Does that look good?

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

Hmmmm.... Maybe part of Laelia's geass involves her being bound to work at the prison? She's technically a prisoner, she isn't allowed to leave the island. But she technically works for the kingdom, so she get's out of the system that would involve being raped and abused by the guards/other inmates.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

That could work - obviously the geas would forbid her harming (through action or inaction) any of the other captives or captors. And perhaps some of the female captors could ignore her restrictions and position and have their way with her anyway :3

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

I think I have a few npcs that could work. One of them, Kimera is familiar with.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

So, how do you want the ability scores generated? An array, point-buy or rolling? I can get the stat side of things done in fairly short order, now that I have the image in mind.

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

40pt buy. I will update the first post after some sleep.

To get an idea of influences for the game, Deadman Wonderland is a good start.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

Name: Laelia Hahn
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Orientation: Lesbian
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Sune
Class & Level: Beguiler 8 (Favoured)

Strength7(-2)
Dexterity14(+2)
Constitution14(+2)
Intelligence22(+6)
Wisdom15(+2)
Charisma16(+3)

Initiative: +3
Speed: 30' (30')
Hit Points: 46/46 (0 non-lethal, 0 temporary, 0 vile, 0 frostburn)
Immunities: none
Resistances: none

BAB: +4
CMB/CMD:+2/DC 15
Melee Attacks: +2
Ranged Attacks: +6

Armour Class: 20 (+2 Dex, +3 Natural +4 Mage Armour +1 Insight)
Flat Footed: 17
Touch Attacks: 13 (17 on Incorporeal Touch Attacks)

Saves:BaseAbilityMiscTotal
Fort:+2+2+0+4
Ref:+2+2+0+4
Will:+6+2+0+8

Languages Spoken:
-Common
-Abyssal
-Infernal
-Elven
-Sylvan
-Celestial

Proficiencies:
-Light Armour
-No Shields
-Simple Weapons
-Hand Crossbow, Rapier, Shortbow, Shortsword

Feats:
1 HD: Otherworldly Countenance (Beauty: Perform Bonus, 4/day Fascinate 1 creature DC 17, -2 on Disguise checks)
Human: Demonic Skin (Natural Armour, -2 on Escape Artist checks)
3 HD: Eyes of the Abyss (30' Darkvision, Notice and Search Boost, -2 on Diplomacy checks)
5 HD: Vestigial Wings (Slow Fall, Jump Boost, -2 on Swim checks)
7 HD: Precognitive Visions (floating Insight Bonus - AC and Initiative, -2 on Notice checks)

Skills:

Know (Arcana)+17
Know (Planes)+17
Craft (Alchemy)+17
Perform (Dance)+18
Acrobatics+13 (+29 to Jump)
Bluff+14
Search+21
Disable Device+17
Escape Artist+11
Notice+17
Use Magic Device+14
Sleight of Hand+14
Diplomacy+16
Sense Motive+13

Traits:
Magical Knack: Prestidigitation 1/day
Charming: if target is attracted to me, +1 DC on [Language Dependent], +1 on Bluff and Diplomacy

Class Features:
Armoured Mage
Trapfinding
Spellcasting
Cloaked Casting (+1 Save DC, +2 to overcome SR)
Surprise Casting (move action)
Silent Spell
Advanced Learning: Friendly Face and Vision of Entropy

Spellcasting:
Cantrips: DC 15
-6/day [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Open/Close, Read Magic
1st Level: DC 16
-8/day [X][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Charm Person, Colour Spray, Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Doors, Disguise Self, Expeditious Retreat
-Hypnotism, Mage Armour, Obscuring Mist, Rouse, Silent Image, Sleep, Undetectable Alignment, Whelm
+Friendly Face
2nd Level: DC 17
-8/day [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Blinding Colour Surge, Blur, Daze Monster, Detect Thoughts, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hypnotic Pattern
-Invisibility, Knock, Minor Image, Mirror Image, Misdirection, See Invisibility, Silence
-Spiderclimb, Stay the Hand, Touch of Idiocy, Vertigo, Whelming Blast
+Vision of Entropy
3rd Level: DC 18
-6/day [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Arcane Sight, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Crown of Veils, Deep Slumber, Dispel Magic, Displacement
-Glibness, Halt, Haste, Hesitate, Hold Person, Inevitable Defeat, Invisibility Sphere, Legion of Sentinels
-Major Image, Nondetection, Slow, Suggestion, Vertigo Field, Zone of Silence
4th Level: DC 19
-4/day [  ][  ][  ][  ]
-Charm Monster, Confusion, Crushing Despair, Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility
-Greater Mirror Image, Locate Creature, Mass Whelm, Phantom Battle, Rainbow Pattern, Solid Fog

Item Wishlist:
-Circlet of Intellect
-Cloak of Charisma or Resistance
-Ring of Deflection
-Gloves of Dexterity
-Wand of Cure Light Wounds
-Shortbow + arrows (magic or otherwise)

Ons/Offs:

Callie Del Noire

Snake

ShadowFox89

Pathfinder for the most part, but there might be feats or classes not found in pathfinder. Like the beguiler. Just make sure to note what source everything is from.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

awww I had a pretty neat idea for a barbarian :( off to the drawing board

Callie Del Noire

Name: 'Lady' Valerie Thorn (aka Kat Larue, Bella Desay, and others)
Race: Catfolk
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Callistra
Class & Level: Fighter 8
Signature Weapon: Aldori Dueling Blade

Background: Lady Valerie Thorn isn't. A lady that is. She's a street urchin gone good. Her gift for the dueling sword and panache for charming her way into various noble bedrooms (and ability to flee furious spouses.) have long served her in good stead. She's complied a massive list of names, people she's a 'poor choice' to. Using that she's charmed and extorted her way into a very long streak of galas, parties, pageants and regalia events that allowed her to decorate the right arm, or be seen with the wrong married personage at the right moment (at least to their spouse's lawyer).
She's extorted, dueled and been the 'right person' at the 'wrong time' for many different courts and nobles. She has amassed an extensive list of names of folk who want her to stay out of court, prison and away from the hangman. Till recently. Needless to say she's a bit upset with the recent turn of events and is looking for a way to get out and put her list out to hurt the men (and women) who got her locked away to cover up their crimes and misdeeds. If she is going down, she plans on having company. Till then, she's watching and listening for an opening.

Stats (still working)

LADY VALERIE THORN   CR 7
Female Catfolk Fighter 8
CG Medium Humanoid (Catfolk)
Init +7; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +11
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 26, touch 17, flat-footed 20. . (+8 armor, +1 shield, +5 Dex, +1 deflection, +1 dodge)
hp 83 (8d10+24)
Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3
Defensive Abilities Bravery +2
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee +1 Shortsword +12/+7 (1d6+3/19-20/x2) and
. . +1 Sword, Aldori Dueling +13/+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +13/+8 (1d3+2/20/x2)
Special Attacks Weapon Training: Blades, Heavy
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 12
Base Atk +8; CMB +10 (+12 Disarming); CMD 27 (29 vs. Disarm)
Feats Combat Expertise +/-3, Dodge, Double Slice, Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Sword, Aldori Dueling, Improved Disarm, Improved Two-weapon Fighting, Two-weapon Defense, Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse
Traits Calistrian Prostitute: Sense Motive, Reactionary
Skills Acrobatics +14, Bluff +8, Climb +6, Escape Artist +4, Fly +4, Knowledge (History) +5, Knowledge (Local) +7, Linguistics +4, Perception +11, Profession (Courtesean) +8, Ride +9, Sense Motive +13, Stealth +14, Survival +8, Swim +1
Languages Catfolk, Common, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc
SQ Armor Training 2 (Ex), Cat's Luck (1/day) (Ex), Ring of Jumping, Sprinter (Ex)
Combat Gear +1 Shortsword, +1 Sword, Aldori Dueling, +2 Agile Breastplate; Other Gear Boots of Elvenkind, Cloak of Elvenkind, Ring of Jumping, Ring of Protection, +1
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Armor Training 2 (Ex) Worn armor -2 check penalty, +2 max DEX.
Bravery +2 (Ex) +2 Will save vs. Fear
Calistrian Prostitute: Sense Motive +1 Gather Information and Sense Motive, and one of these is a class skill(Sense Motive).
Cat's Luck (1/day) (Ex) Can roll 2d20 for a Reflex save and take better result.
Combat Expertise +/-3 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Improved Disarm Disarm at +2, without an attack of opportunity.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Ring of Jumping This ring continually allows the wearer to leap about, providing a +5 competence bonus on all his Jump checks.

Faint transmutation; CL 2nd; Forge Ring, creator must have 5 ranks in the Jump skill; Price 2,500 gp.
Sprinter (Ex) +10 ft to speed when charge, run, or withdraw.
Two-weapon Defense +1 to AC while wielding 2 weapons. +2 when doing so defensively.
Weapon Training: Blades, Heavy +1 (Ex) +1 Attack, Damage, CMB, CMD with Heavy Blades

Bloody Rose

Name: Kempachi
Race: Human
Class: Monk
Gender and preference: Male Straight
Physical Description: He is a big and intimidating man, muscle over muscle. He is almost never smiling because he does not have any real reason to do so. He has a big scar on his face which proves his battle prowless and is often feared by the guards who approach him not wanting to have anything to do with him. Guards often try to not go near him when asked and often send other slaves to do so because Kempachi has never hurt a slave.
Mental Description: In His mind anything that can present him a pure physical challenge will be more than welcomed. He has a pure heard though having a soft spot for woman in danger and especially children. He will not engage anybody who is lower in strength than him or somebody who is unarmed. He hates the guards because they found a way to keep him under their control but that does not mean he would not have any fun with them, especially beating them to a pulp whenever he has the chance.
Background: (I would like to discuss this with GM, I don't want his background to be known by everybody since he never speaks of his past)
Ons: Anything other than limits.
Limits: Gore, Vore, Scat, Bestiality, Golden Showers.
Character Sheet http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=367026
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kimera

Would anyone object to me playing a monster as a character (monster-girl)

If someone objects I don't mind and happily stick to the more standard races.

kongming

Well, no complaints here, though I guess it's really up to ShadowFox...

Also, sources:
Race: I think Human is from some obscure splatbook just kidding, PHB/SRD
Class: Beguiler is a PHB II class
Bonus Spells: Friendly Face is from... Spell Compendium, I think? Vision of Entropy is from the Fiendish Codex.
Feats: all from Fiendish Codex.

Will adjust the sheet to be Pathfinder compatible (turning Spot into Notice, Balance into... Athletics? and doing the CMB/CMD thing, checking to see if Humans are changed in PF). The two systems really are similar enough that it's no big deal.

Ons/Offs:

Callie Del Noire

Hmmmmm so far we got a beguiler, ex-monk and fighter eh?

Snake

Name: Dante Nightcloak
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Druid
Gender and preference: Male, Female preference
Physical Description: Dante has short dark brown hair with auburn streaks through it and Blue-Green colored eyes with an athletic build.  He has the fine-featured face that elves have along with the bodily fitness of a human.
Mental Description: Since Dante's been an outcast for most of his life, having grown up amongst humans he's more or less given up on trying to really make friends. When everyone sees you as inferior or simply too young to get along with- you learn how to be self-sufficient.  He found Succor in nature and has more respect for the natural world than he does for any human currently; preferring the company of elves to them.  He hates to be caged up and would rather be running free in the world; and despite not getting along with many people he does have some skill in assisting others if the need arises.  Just don't expect any kind of humility or empathy from him.
Background: Dante was born between an elven warrior and a human barmaid after a night of drinking and minor debauchery. Without his father around, his life has been hard having to grow up in a human village around people who thought less of him because of his half-bred status. It seemed that the only person who ever cared was his mother, despite all the problems he had he still managed to be happy to a degree. Just Distant from everyone else and never had many friends. Until the villagers finally got together and burned their little tavern to the ground after a particularly bad bout of illness ran throught he village.

His mother had passed away from both it and the fire but Dante escaped and fled int the nearby forest where he simply remained. He'd eventually run into an dsubsequently be adopted by an elven druid that was in the area and seeing as he had nowhere to really go and was more apt to simply follow whatever was laid before him, he began to folloow that path in life. Finding security and freedom in the wild and came to appreciate the natural world and felt at home in it.  But once his acolyte training was done, he was sent out to basically establish himself and get in some adventure in his life before picking out a grove to call home.
Ons: He likes Atheletic women and fighter-type women with a large bust and is usually flexible.
Limits: Watersports, Scat, Guro, Vore, MxM.

Kimera

Hmmm...I was thinking of making a harpy or a naga/lamia, although not sure what race/monster tio use for the second one

Maybe an adapted Yuan-ti or Naga from D&D

I know their is a Lamia matriarch in pathfinder bestiary 2, but its too powerful, unless I change it into a savage progression from savage species

ShadowFox89

So let's see... Roster is:

Snake, Cal, Kimera, Kong, and Zarazel. I think I can work with that.

I'll put an OOC and Character thread up after some sleep.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

Work in progress

Name: Midna
Race: Lamia
Class: Sorcerer
Gender and preference: Bisexual, group
Physical Description: Her top half looks like a light blue skinned elven maiden with long white hair. Her lower half is like a large dark red colored serpent.
Mental Description: Raised on a belief that the strong should rule the weak, her fathers filosophy. She is very strong willed and quite dominant.
Background: Midna was born from the union of an elven maiden and a powerful Naga lord. Her mother didn't survive her birth and she grew up under the cruel tutoledge of her father. Once she was mature, she got her chance and escaped. The human world wasn't ready for her though and she was branded a monster, captured and locked away...
Ons: Anything goes really, she likes it rough
Limits: Scat

Snake

Hey Shadow. do you want the statistical char sheets here or PMed to you?

Kimera

Finished her more or less

Only need to stat her out

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

I am going to have to back down from the rp. Too many pathfinder games already in my mind lol

ShadowFox89

Fair enough Zarazel. So that leaves Cal, Kimera, Kong, and Snake.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

I was thinking of making Midna (might change her name though) just an elf and use the aberrant sorcerer from pathfinder

Her tail has no combat value but the extended reach could be translated as she gives touch attacks trough her tail.

Otherwise I have to resort to yuan-ti grafts to give her a tail or even try to make a monster progression for yuan-ti or marilith or whatever

Snake

Male Half-Elf Druid 8
True Neutral

Str   18   (+4)
Dex   14   (+2)
Con   16   (+3)
Int   14   (+2)
Wis   16   (+3)
Cha   14   (+2)

Size:   Medium
Height:   5' 10"
Weight:   185 lb
Eyes:   Green
Hair:   Blue Straight; Beardless
Skin:   Tan

Druid domain: None. Choose an animal companion.

Total Hit Points: 79
Speed: 20 feet
Armor Class: 16 = 10 + 3 [hide] + 1 [light wooden] + 2 [dexterity]
Touch AC: 12
Flat-footed: 14
Initiative modifier:   + 2   = + 2 [dexterity] 
Fortitude save:   + 9   = 6 [base] + 3 [constitution]
Reflex save:   + 4   = 2 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
Will save:                  + 9   = 6 [base] + 3 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):   + 10/ + 5   = 6 [base] + 4 [strength]
Attack (missile):   + 8/ + 3   = 6 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
Combat Maneuver Bonus:   + 10   = 6 [base] + 4 [strength]
Combat Maneuver Defense:   + 22   = 10 + 6 [base] + 4 [strength] + 2 [dexterity]

Light load:  100 lb. or less
Medium load:  101-200 lb.
Heavy load:  201-300 lb.
Lift over head:  300 lb.
Lift off ground:  600 lb.
Push or drag:  1500 lb.

Languages:   Common Druidic Elven Sylvan

Sling [1d4, crit x2, range inc. 50 ft., 0 lb, bludgeoning]
Scimitar [1d6, crit 18-20/x2, 4 lb, one-handed, slashing]
Hide armor [medium; + 3 AC; max dex + 4; check penalty -3 25 lb.]
Light Wooden Shield [ + 1 AC; check penalty -1; hardness 5; hp 7; 5 lb.]

Feats:
Eschew Materials   No need for cheap material components
Natural Spell           Allows Spellcasting while Wild Shaped.
Power Attack   Take penalty on attack for larger bonus on damage
Skill Focus (Know Nature)   
Vital Strike   One attack, roll the damage dice x2

Skill Name   

Acrobatics Dex*   -2 =    +2   -3 [armor] -1 [shield]
Appraise   Int   2 =    +2      
Bluff   Cha   2 =    +2      
Climb   Str*   0 =    +4   -3 [armor] -1 [shield]
Craft_1   Int   2 =    +2      
Craft_2   Int   2 =    +2      
Craft_3   Int   2 =    +2      
Diplomacy Cha   4 =    +2   + 2 [half-elf]
Disguise   Cha   2 =    +2      
Escape
Artist   Dex*   -2 =    +2   -3 [armor] -1 [shield]
Fly   Dex*   -2 =    +2   -3 [armor] -1 [shield]
Handle
Animal   Cha   13 =    +2   + 8   + 3 [class skill]
Heal   Wis   3 =    +3      
Intimidate   Cha   7 =    +2   + 5   
Knowledge
(nature)   Int   16 =    +2   + 8   + 3 [class skill] + 3 [skill focus]
Perception   Wis   15 =    +3   + 8 + 3 [class skill] + 1 [half-elf]
Perform_1   Cha   2 =    +2      
Perform_2   Cha   2 =    +2      
Perform_3   Cha   2 =    +2      
Perform_4   Cha   2 =    +2      
Perform_5   Cha   2 =    +2      
Ride   Dex*   0 =    +2   +2 [handle animal] -3 [armor] -1 [shield]
Sense
Motive   Wis   3 =    +3      
Stealth   Dex*   3 =    +2   + 5   -3 [armor] -1 [shield]
Spellcraft   Int   11 =    +2   + 6   + 3 [class skill]
Survival   Wis   14 =    +3   + 8   + 3 [class skill]
Swim   Str**   0 =    +4   -3 [armor] -1 [shield]
* = check penalty for armor/shield
** = some groups double armor/shield penalties for swimmers
Zero-level Druid spells: 4 can be selected per day; unlimited casting

Create Water
Purify Food & Drink
Spark
Read Magic

First-level Druid spells: 5 (4 + 1) per day

Cure Light Wounds
Produce Flame
Entangle x2
Longstrider

Second-level Druid spells: 4 (3 + 1) per day

Bull's Strength
Fog cloud
Soften Earth and Stone x2

Third-level Druid spells: 4 (3 + 1) per day

Call Lightning
Greater Magic Fang x2
Resinous Skin

Fourth-level Druid spells: 2 per day

Cape of Wasps
Rusting Grasp

Favored class points: Hit points +8; Skill points +0
Adjust weapon attack rolls and armor penalties as required for masterwork / magic equipment.
Half-Elf
•   This half-elf chose +2 to strength (already included)
•   Immune to magical sleep
•   Allowed two favored classes. Here I am assuming it is the first two favored classes.
•   Take a skill focus as a bonus feat at level 1
•   + 2 racial bonus on saves vs. enchantments
•   Low-light vision
•   + 1 racial bonus on perception checks
•   + 2 racial bonus on diplomacy and gather information checks
Druid
•   Orisons
•   Spontaneous Casting (summon nature's ally)
•   Animal Companion, or may instead choose a cleric domain and bonus spells (hand-edit)
•   Nature sense: + 2 on Knowledge (nature) and Survival (already included)
•   Wild Empathy
•   Woodland Stride (level 2)
•   Trackless Step (level 3)
•   Resist Nature's Lure (level 4)
•   Wild Shape (level 4 now)
•   Venom Immunity (level 9)
•   A Thousand Faces (level 13)
•   Timeless Body (level 15)
•   High wisdom gains bonus spells daily
•   Concentration check: d20 + druid level + wisdom modifier vs. DC

Class   HP rolled   
Level 1:   Druid   8   
Level 2:   Druid   5   
Level 3:   Druid   4   
Level 4:   Druid   2   + 1 to constitution
Level 5:   Druid   8   
Level 6:   Druid   8   
Level 7:   Druid   4   
Level 8:   Druid   8   + 1 to charisma

Equipment:
34 lb Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
2 lb Backpack
       Bottle
       Fishhook
       Flint and steel
1 lb Pouch x1
5 lb Rations (1 day) x5
1 lb Sacks x2
1 lb Vial (for ink or potions) x3
4 lb Waterskins x1
       Holly and mistletoe
       Holy symbol (wooden)
_____
48 lb   Total

Animal companion: Deinonychus / Velociraptor
Strength 17
Constitution 19
Dexterity 17
Intelligence 3
Wisdom 12
Charisma 14
Total Hit Points: 65
Size: Medium
Speed: 60
Natural Armor Class: +12 = 5 [base] + 6 [natural armor] +1 [dodge] -- add size, dexterity and armor modifiers as applicable)
Initiative modifier: 3 = 3 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: 9 = 5 [base] +4 [constitution]
Reflex save: 8 = 5 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Will save: 3 = 2 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack: +8 = +5 [base] + 3 [strength]; 2 talons (1d8), bite (1d6), 2 claws (1d4)
Combat Maneuver Bonus: + 8 = 5 [base] + 3 [strength]
Combat Maneuver Defense: + 31 = 20 +5 [base] + 3 [strength] + 3 [dexterity]
Special: low-light vision, scent, pounce
Skill: Acrobatics 3 [3 dexterity + 0 ranks]
Skill: Climb 3 [3 strength + 0 ranks]
Skill: Escape Artist 3 [3 dexterity + 0 ranks]
Skill: Fly 3 [3 dexterity + 0 ranks]
Skill: Intimidate 2 [2 charisma + 0 ranks]
Skill: Perception 8 [1 wisdom + 4 ranks + 3 class skill ]
Skill: Stealth 9 [3 dexterity + 3 ranks + 3 class skill ]
Skill: Survival 1 [1 wisdom + 0 ranks]
Skill: Swim 3 [3 strength + 0 ranks]
Feat: Dodge
Feat: Improved Natural Attack -- Bite
Feat: Mobility
Feat: Power Attack
Link, share spells (level 1)
Evasion (level 3)
Devotion (level 6)
Multiattack (level 9)
Improved evasion (level 15)
More about this character:

ShadowFox89

Just keep in mind Snake, you aren't likely to be allowed near your animal companion while locked up.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

I know but I left it attached to it for future reference. But a Druid can escape somewhere liek this fairly easily by changing form or by using magic.

ShadowFox89

There's going to be ways to keep you from escaping too early, mind. There's supposed to be some level of challenge, not "I turn into a bird and fly away." The sheet's fine though ^^
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

Turn into  snake and simply slither under or between the bars. use magic to crumble it away bit by bit?

Sethala

Dangit, how'd I not notice this sooner?

Any chance I can still get in on this game?  Been wanting to make a mystic theurge character for a little while now...

Edit: Whups, just realized this was only 3rd level to start, so the mystic theurge will have to level up a bit first.  Might go with it anyway as a long-term goal, maybe something else instead...

ShadowFox89

Well, we just had one person drop... I suppose I could wait. Just remember that casters will have a bit of limits on their casting.

I'll be getting an OOC up... As soon as I finish reading through the new Exalted book...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Wait, reading the first post, I'm seeing both level 3 and level 8... *confused*

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Name: Aya
Race: Tengu
Class: Mystic Theurge (Cleric 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 2)
Gender and preference: Bi, leaning towards females.
Physical Description: This, but I'm still looking for a better picture.
Mental Description: Aya often has her head in the clouds - literally, at times - and her mind usually goes off on long tangents.  She also has a tendency to speak her mind, but unfortunately she's usually thinking about something completely different than what everyone else is.  Despite her often airheaded nature, she is oddly perceptive at times, able to notice things that others miss - though of course, she doesn't always catch that others have missed them.
Background: Aya was always skilled with basic magic, even as a child.  When she was old enough, she headed to the local magic university, training as an apprentice wizard.  There, she often was able to learn magic in ways her superiors didn't quite understand, and after a few arguments, she was kicked out.  Not to be deterred, she began to learn magic as a cleric instead, worshiping Selune, the goddess of birds.  As she learned divine magic, she realized it was oddly similar to the arcane she had taught herself.  Realizing that she was able to combine both types of spells, she left the temple, intent on learning both paths.

Unfortunately, self-learning magic did little to put meals on the table, and her kind weren't very trusted by the outside world.  After being caught stealing food, she was declared a menace, and thrown into prison.
Ons: Bondage, humiliation, rape, mild torture (especially sexual torture), bestiality.  Probably plenty more I'm not thinking of.
Limits: Gore/death, mutilation, severe pain, scat/watersports, futa.

Might change her backstory around a bit if I think of something I like better.  Also, while I was planning the character I was thinking she'd be able to fly, but then I realized I'd need either a spell or magic item to actually fly.  Any ideas of how else I could do it?  (Of course, she wouldn't be able to fly away while in captivity, but after escaping, perhaps...)

Also, I'd appreciate suggestions on what spells to take (I'm effectively Cleric 5/Wizard 5 when it comes to spells and caster level).

Edit: Character sheet in progress: http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10180

Sethala

Hm... need some advice on feats and spells to take.  Aside from that and an item wishlist, I'm set.

BraveEarth

Tentatively throws his hat in the ring incase characters are still being accepted, and then cross references with the remaining list and people to know what character would be best for the pahty.

ShadowFox89

Sorry Brave, I don't think I can take on any more people. I'm already pushing the numbers as it is.

Maybe next time. Or, possibly, if the game expands.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

How are things going? I'm really wanting to try out Lady Thorn. :D

ShadowFox89

Sorry! I'll go get an OOC up right now!

Starting a new thread is always the slowest thing for me to do. I can never figure out what to post.

edit: Yar, the OOC is up. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131670.0
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Well, personally I'm running into analysis paralysis with feat, spell, and item choices.  Since I can swap spells each day, and I don't start with much item-wise, I'm not too worried about those yet.  I do for sure need feats, spell specialization, and starting spellbook, however, and any advice would be appreciated.

Also, Shadow, I need to ask about how many spells I can start with.  Normally, I'd start with 7 1st-level spells and get 4 more spells from leveling, but I'd like to at least get some 3rd-level spells to start with as well (I don't get free spells for leveling mystic theurge normally, but I can still learn spells and copy them into my spellbook).

ShadowFox89

Hmm... I'm not sure really. Normally, you'd have some gold to throw into putting spells in your spellbook. Anyone have some advice with this?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 09, 2012, 09:35:52 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure really. Normally, you'd have some gold to throw into putting spells in your spellbook. Anyone have some advice with this?

I had a GM who offered 2x or 3x the spells they can casts as 'book spells'.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

He usually tailored it to the levels.. like x3 except for the upper 1 or 2 levels.. which he did as x2.

They wanted more..they had to buy scrolls and scribe them in. Gave them a BIT more flexibility he thought

ShadowFox89

I'm not too experience with prepared spellcasters, honestly. I've always stuck with psionics or sorcerers.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Well, maybe something like 10 first level, 5 second level, 2 third level spells to start off with?  (The high first level is because I start with 7 spells thanks to 18 int.)  I don't get third level spells until level 8 anyway with my build, so having only a few makes sense to me.

Anyway, think I'm going to go with Transmutation specialization, with Necromancy and Conjuration as opposition schools.

ShadowFox89

That sounds fine. Just be aware that your access to a spellbook will vary depending on how nice the guards are that day :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Hm, good point.  At least I still get all my cleric spells without needing a spellbook :P

Although, there is one feat that lets me pick some spells and prepare them without a spellbook...  And I can take still spell to cast spells while tied up... would that be too cheesy? :P

ShadowFox89

Too cheesy? Nah. A quick way for the guards to torture you into not wanting to cast spells like that again though :P

Should move this conversation to the OOC though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A