DnD 3.5 Unlimited: Legendary Monsters Recruitment part2!

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 07, 2016, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

GM, quick question.  How does getting followers/cohorts work?  I don't have the Leadership feat (not yet), but I might be taking it soon, or be convinced to swap one of the ones I've got for it.

Zaer Darkwail

You gain cohort and followers as usual however with cohort you can choose does cohort have paragon creature template or is cohort a gestalt char. Also cohort is same level as you are than -2, Also we have merged epic leadership with leadership (meaning your leadership score is not limited and thus no follower numbers).

TheGlyphstone

So while I'm thinking of it, since the Epic Prestige classes were discussed, are you planning to loosen or otherwise modify the current rule that you need to finish a PrC before starting another one? Presumably 'one at a time' stays, but the Librim Eternia PrCs go on theoretically infinitely.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 05, 2016, 01:58:13 AM
So while I'm thinking of it, since the Epic Prestige classes were discussed, are you planning to loosen or otherwise modify the current rule that you need to finish a PrC before starting another one? Presumably 'one at a time' stays, but the Librim Eternia PrCs go on theoretically infinitely.

I think we said that the 1 PrC rule was only for non-Epic characters.  Once you hit Epic, you can pretty much do as you like with PrCs.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 05, 2016, 01:53:21 AM
You gain cohort and followers as usual however with cohort you can choose does cohort have paragon creature template or is cohort a gestalt char. Also cohort is same level as you are than -2, Also we have merged epic leadership with leadership (meaning your leadership score is not limited and thus no follower numbers).

Okay.  So I can pick up a cohort, and then choose if they're a Paragon or if they're a Gestalt, but not both.  Got it.

Quick question - I was recommended an item in Dragon Magazine, the Gauntlets of Heartfelt blows.  I found them on the Realms Helps website, and it says they deal extra damage that is fire-aligned.  You approved a custom feat for me that lets me change fire damage to lightning damage for my maneuvers - would that feat apply to the Gauntlets?  And if it does not, then can I change the energy type associated with them?  (Probably also to lightning, but I'm open on that as of now.)

Jefepato

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 04, 2016, 09:58:49 PM
Since you mentioned Iron Heart earlier, I assume you're using Warblade as your chassis. That does mean you're limited to Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, and White Raven (since SD and TC are out), but that's still an excellent spread. The Diamond Mind Nightmare Blade maneuvers are absurd with the sort of bonuses we can pile on to skill checks, and it's also where you can get Saving Throw=Yes. Iron Heart's got Surge of Nope and not a whole lot else, but that alone is worth it. White Raven has no-save Stuns, which are amazingly good and one of a tiny number of disabling effects that'll still work in our weight class unless you're an Elemental or Undead.

Yup.  As noted, my planned setup is:
Race: Efreeti, half-air elemental
Martial: Warblade 13
Mystical: Sorcerer 4/mystic 4/mystic theurge 5

I'm probably sticking mainly with Iron Heart and Diamond Mind.  White Raven has some neat stuff, but I can't even access White Raven Hammer yet, and I'm not sure if I can expect to have allies around very often.

Sain

And you can always use buy psychic reformation or the arcane equivalent when you decide to team up and re-pick your maneuvers to whatever fits the situation best.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

ReijiTabibito

Maneuvers are actually a bit more modular than spells or psychic powers.  The way they work is that a character has a pool of known maneuvers - these are techniques that they can employ.  That character then, at the start of the day, picks out the maneuvers they want 'readied' - that is, available for use.  At any given level, a ToB class will have somewhere around half their maneuvers readied at any given time.  If they want to change their maneuvers, they can just take 5 minutes (or 1 round, if they have a particular feat) and change up what they've got readied.

ererruz

Quote from: Sain on March 05, 2016, 06:41:20 AM
And you can always use buy psychic reformation or the arcane equivalent when you decide to team up and re-pick your maneuvers to whatever fits the situation best.

There's an arcane equivalent?

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 05, 2016, 06:53:04 AM
Maneuvers are actually a bit more modular than spells or psychic powers.  The way they work is that a character has a pool of known maneuvers - these are techniques that they can employ.  That character then, at the start of the day, picks out the maneuvers they want 'readied' - that is, available for use.  At any given level, a ToB class will have somewhere around half their maneuvers readied at any given time.  If they want to change their maneuvers, they can just take 5 minutes (or 1 round, if they have a particular feat) and change up what they've got readied.

I think what Sain meant was that you can generally use psychic reformation to re-choose the feats/spells/powers/maneauvers known you got while leveling up.

Sain

The devil thing something something that Glyph at least used to change some feats that psychic reformation couldn't change, but yeah I meant that you could change the maneuvers/stances known. You can't just switch those with a 5 min rest, right?

ererruz

Quote from: Sain on March 05, 2016, 07:18:07 AM
The devil thing something something that Glyph at least used to change some feats that psychic reformation couldn't change, but yeah I meant that you could change the maneuvers/stances known. You can't just switch those with a 5 min rest, right?

Thought that might have been the case but the Chaos Shuffle trick only works on feats though.

Sain

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 05, 2016, 02:17:00 AM
Quick question - I was recommended an item in Dragon Magazine, the Gauntlets of Heartfelt blows.  I found them on the Realms Helps website, and it says they deal extra damage that is fire-aligned.  You approved a custom feat for me that lets me change fire damage to lightning damage for my maneuvers - would that feat apply to the Gauntlets?  And if it does not, then can I change the energy type associated with them?  (Probably also to lightning, but I'm open on that as of now.)

You can swap the energy type to another elemental type (fire gauntlets = fire, cold, electricity, acid) but not force nor sonic.

Also yes, you stick to 1 PrC pre-epic levels and after you reach epic all valves are off in regards PrC's. Psychic Reformation is psionic thing which can be applied to yourself or someone else (so if want applied to your char you pay flat gold for it based on XP the user spend on you). Or use limited wish or wish ability to mimic it as psionic is possible to mimicked with wish spell (and extend to limited, like max 3th level powers).

ReijiTabibito

Zaer Darkwail

Char looks good, although you lack gear on it still. Also before you can post it on charsheet area you do need write background/fluff story about your char (and decide were you captured by Ao or are you one newly born legendary monster).

ReijiTabibito

My magic items are down under my notes section, but I'll get those moved up ASAP, and look into the rest of my mundane gear.

Yeah, the backstory is something I'm working on right now, I do have a question, though.  The history I had in mind for my unicorn lady was that, to try and put it as correctly as I can...she lived until she was killed by an army of reth dekala (given the EL of a reth dekala, you would need an army to take on someone like her) while trying to protect someone they were hunting down (as part of their history, they can only be free when everyone with reth dekala blood is dead), and that her desire to go on protecting this family is what resurrected her as a Sacred Watcher.

Now, if she was killed not so long ago and thus is a newly-made legendary monster, I can understand that...but most Sacred Watchers are occupied with caring for their charges - so why would she have been captured/imprisoned?

Zaer Darkwail

Ao captured/imprisoned legendary monsters in fearing their growing powers and not knowing what would happen (at least this excuse he gives as he releases legendary monsters). However if your newly born legendary monster you likely rejoin the fight but now as much more powerful being (before you were likely a regular unicorn with class levels and not paragon creature). Also with reth dekala stats in the sheet are for regular rank and file reth dekala (captains and commanders got more HD and class levels).

Anycase for your concept it could be easier you start off as newly born legendary monster and play through scenario where as sacred watcher you rejoin the massive war/battle going on with reth dekala who seek kill people you tried to protect but in heroic death (sacrifice) you were reborn anew, stronger and more powerful than ever before.

ReijiTabibito

GM, history sent to you.  I think we said that's all that needed to be done?  Or is there more?

Zaer Darkwail

No more needs done, I approved history so post both sheet, history and chosen pick on charsheet section (link should be in first post in this thread).

ReijiTabibito

ReijiTabibito

Ah, that's been done.  I might fill out the sections under the classes that I made later, for ease of reference (though technically everything I would put there would already be on the character sheet), but that's all been handled.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, nice. Now feel free post in OOC section and I try work today you IC thread up :).

Keelan

...part of me wants to try and figure out this... that and the robot-girl (aka 'Warforged') I've been wanting to use in some game...

...making her also an assassin seems frighteningly tame however as I'd originally thought for her given a brief glance of things XD

Sain

Its plenty for the core idea and one that you could easily expand into legendary proportions. I just picked cool looking monster to start with too and slapped psion on it because psions are awesome.

tip
I hear truenamers are especially hot this season.

Keelan

Oh lord, some of the alternate magic systems make me want to rip my eyeballs out... but I'll think about it :3

Oh, inspiration image was:

SFW Robot Girl

...though I also have:

NSFW NOT Robot Girl