Star Wars Force and Destiny Interest Check

Started by PixelatedPixie, June 18, 2017, 01:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

I am thinking about running a Star Wars Force and Destiny game.  I haven't fully committed yet for various reasons, so this is just an interest check at this point, but I thought I would put it up at least to test the water.  If I did run it I would be looking for 4ish characters who mesh well, so I wouldn't necessarily be going with the first four characters pitched. 

*The image doesn't really fit but I liked it.

The basic premise I have in mind is very character focused.  A group of force sensitive characters, either directly created from the Force and Destiny book or using one of the force specializations from the other books, who have been drawn together by the force or forced together by necessity.  In the post Battle of Yavin period they are either being hunted by the Empire, or at best managing to stay just below the Empire's radar.  The plot would then either be based on character backstories or figured out based on the characters, but my intent is for it to be a mix of evading the Empire, dealing with the Underworld, and discovering and growing in the force. 

I think the freedom and nature of E would allow the morality and light/dark side to be explored in interesting ways that might not be as easy elsewhere.  As such I would want players to be at least comfortable with non-consensual sexual content.

Part of the reason I am not fully committed yet and am only doing an interest check is because as I want to make it character focused, I don't really have much in mind beyond: "The characters get together for *reasons* and go off to do *things*."  Which is obviously a bit lacking. 

Is there any interest?  What sort of character would you like to explore if you are interested?  I am only looking for a sentence or two description, plus maybe species and career.  What sort of content, sexual and plotwise, would you like to explore with your character?

Angie

I'm interested, but I am so tempted to play a Force-INsensitive character. Like a Smuggler, or some kind of HK-47 variant, especially since Force and Destiny says Edge of the Empire (the smuggler book, apparently) is totally compatible. Could also be a force sensitive smuggler but incredibly weak about it. Just happened to be around with his cool starship.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Countdown0

My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Pumpkin Seeds

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

ererruz

Yes please! Mechanically I'd love to try a Charisma-focused character with Influence and then Battle Meditation later on.

Angie

So I have a couple ideas:

Idea 1: A smuggler of some sort (possibly Scoundrel?) who starts without any Force sensitivity, but due to having been in contact with so many Force users, he becomes sensitive. The story is that he worked for the Empire, hunting down Force users-he never knew what they were, just that he was paid to shoot them, and he needed the credits to pay for his ship. This all changed when the person he was hunting down was revealed to be guarding children, and he had a sort of "what have I done?" moment. Now he's on the run from the Empire and the people who hold his debt, and also manifesting new abilities that he didn't even know he had. This build would require me to start with the Scoundrel specialty under Smuggler and then drop 30 XP right out of the gate to get any sort of Force Sensitive specialty, so it would be a (possibly) gimped build and since I'm bringing in Edge of the Empire it's subject to GM approval-hence why I have a backup idea!

Idea 2: A former slave girl (possibly Twi'lek, I know, stereotypical) who underwent heavy brainwashing from her master, but managed to break free and steal away on (or just possibly steal) a ship. Not sure about class or specialty, but would be motivated to free others and would be very mistrustful of various powers-if Ererruz goes with his Battle Meditation, she'd probably freak the fuck out if he touched her with it, not understanding that both Influence and Battle Meditation are not what she went through (though, she'd eventually come to understand it).

What do people think? Which would you rather see?

Orange Marmalade

Interested for sure - but pondering what sort of character I'd make.

KirbysFolly

I would be very interested. I haven't dug through the Force and Destiny book in a while, so I don't remember the careers and specializations, but I can go dig through it again in a little while.

I don't know about species, but something near-human-ish, probably. I would still really like to explore the engineering/gadgetry side of the game, so probably someone from a crummy Outer Rim planet where technical know-how was important to survival. Cut a deal with/stowed away aboard a ship belonging to/otherwise crossed some shady figures to get off-world, and has mostly been trying to keep a low profile ever since. With varying levels of success.

For problems with the Empire, they could have been monitoring his planet for some reason, or he could have gotten their attention on accident, perhaps reported for some seemingly-impossible set of coincidences he was involved in. For problems with the underworld, he could owe somebody money, or a favor, for getting off-world in the first place, or running from somebody for upsetting them. Either way would give plenty of reasons for him to need to interact with various suspect sorts.

I could see him being pressured by people he owes favors to, and having to decide where to draw the line. Learning that sometimes he can't just default to running from a problem, but must face it. Things like that, I guess? Hmm, I could kind of see fear being a bit of a draw for him, he'd have to fight that.

Sexual content-wise: Nothing in specific, really. I'd be pretty open to wherever the game went. I suppose that if the game were to feature the characters being forced or coerced into sex regularly, I'd prefer to flip my character's gender and play a female character, as long as that would be okay with everybody else.

apygoos

Pumpkin Seeds

Probably going to go with a Torguta and go with a Sentinel Shadow.

apygoos

I just realized that i dont have any books to make a character from DX

Angie

The book is in the name of the thread, so, you can probably find it if you're clever. I won't say how, but I'll say that I got my hands on it-and technically, there's no way to get a legal PDF copy. According to a board I found, making it into PDFs would classify it as an "electronic game" which falls outside of Fantasy Flight's license. Since it seems like this system was built before Episode 7, fucking LucasArts man.

Also, I'm going to build at least one of my ideas now so that I have something. Probably the Twi'lek former slave, simply because that one doesn't require GM approval. Watch this space.

Okay, I think I did this right, feel free to correct me. Also, it annoys me to no end that there is not a single shred of art of a Twi'lek being a hardened wilderness survivor, but that's just a pet peeve.

Tiz'noma, goes by Tina among friends

Background: Sold into slavery because Twi'lek culture is a bag of dicks (and yes, she will say that to anyone who asks) to a powerful Dark side force user (one who keeps his powers secret, the Emperor is not wanting competition). The man was rich and used his abilities to heavily brainwash his slaves and subjects, preventing any form of rebellion. We will note that the slave master in this case considered Tiz'noma quite beautiful, and allow your imagination to fill in the rest. Eventually, her mind was able to surface, struggling as it did-a flash of recognition there, a tiny gasp of emotion there, until finally,
the control was loosened enough that she was able to slip it completely. She panicked. She ran. She followed a pilot into his own ship and killed the man with his own blaster. She's done things she's not proud of. But, she has managed to run her way to freedom, and will use her new freedom to both travel the galaxy and experience what it's like, and bring the blessing of freedom to every corner she can. Meanwhile, new abilities are awakening within her-her physical abilities are seemingly enhanced, more then what can be explained by mere luck. What is this new strength? Only those like her might know...

Morality: 50 (Bonus: +5 XP and 1,000 Creds)
Emotional Strength: Enthusiasm, a wanderlust and a desire to explore the far corners of the galaxy, to see what all it has to offer. She will gladly sample strange cuisines or take part in religious rituals of the locals simply for the experience of doing it.
Emotional Weakness: Fear. One doesn't escape from such a powerful person without some scars. For her, it's the fear that her "owner" will return and reclaim his property. While the man is not exactly a Sith Lord and wouldn't get a cool "Darthy" name, he is certainly strong and has many sub-ordinates that are loyal, so her fears are not entirely unfounded. She fears being hunted, fears the powers that he wielded or anything related to it, and fears being helpless and alone.

Motivation: Cause: Freedom is the right of all beings.

Species: Twi'lek. Species bonuses: One rank in Charm. Remove one Setback Die for environmental hazards in arid or desert environments (they are desert dwellers, you see).

Characteristics:
Brawl: 1
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2
Cunning: 2
Willpower: 3
Presence: 3

Derived Stats:
Wounds: 11
Strain: 14
Soak: 1
Encumbrance: 6 + 4 from Backpack

Career: Seeker (Free skills taken: Piloting (Space), Survival, Vigilence)
Specialization: Pathfinder (Skills taken: Ranged (Light), Medicine)

Skills: Piloting (Space) 1
Survival 1
Ranged (Light) 2
Medicine 1
Vigilance 1
Athletics 1
Resilience 1

Talents: Forager

Force Powers: Enhance with Control upgrade (can roll the Force die when making Athletics or Resilience checks and add Force Points to Successes OR Advantage)

Experience point investments (105 total)

Willpower increased to 3 (30 XP)
Agility increased to 3 (30 XP)
Ranged (Light) increased to 2 (20 XP)
Athletics increased to 1 (10 XP)
Resilience increased to 1 (5 XP-Career skill)
Career Talent: Forager (remove up to 2 Setback Dice when foraging for food and drink) (5 XP)
Force Power: Enhance (Make a power check when rolling Athletics to add Force points to successes OR advantage) (10 XP)
Force Power Upgrade-Enhance Control (Enhance Basic Power now applies to Resilience Rolls)

Gear (1,500 credits in total, I spent every single one)
Heavy Blaster Pistol (Dam 7, Crit 3, Range Medium, Encumbrance 2, Hard Points 3, Special: Stun Setting
Handheld Commlink
Scanner Goggles
Medisensor (Hand Scanner, but focused on medical use since they're apparently specialized)
Emergency Medpac
Breathing Mask and Respirator
Wilderness Survival Kit (contains a massive pile of gear)
Backpack

BlackStone

Color me interested as well.  I also have Age of Rebellion so if we get too Force heavy I can go for the pilot, the age old Corellian smuggler archtype

PixelatedPixie

I will open it up to character concepts then as there seems to be a good amount of interest (I will probably close this to new submissions Friday or Saturday if enough people have responded).  I will only be able to accept 4 though, as I don't feel it will run well beyond that.  I don't have any specific criteria in mind as of yet, other than that they seem like they can mesh and I can figure out a story that involves them, and hate to refuse people.  So please be understanding if I can't add you. :-(

I haven't responded to specific posts, I did read them all!  This isn't meant as a slight.  The characters sound interesting so far! :-)  Any questions I tried to answer in the notes below.

Notes (and responses to questions):

• You don't have to use a Career/Specialization from the Force and Destiny book, but you do have to take a specialization that gives you a force rating with your initial XP if you don't.  I believe both of the other books have one in the back. 
  • Droids will not be allowed, as they can't be force sensitive.
  • I do intend to have non-consensual content, but it will come down to the characters, players, and dice for how often it happens.  It may happen to the characters, but if characters start falling to the dark side, I am not opposed to them initiating it.
  • You don't have to play a character that matches your gender.  Play what you want to play. 
  • I will not restrict books even though I don't own many of the splatbooks.  However if I discover that someone is using something incorrectly (or cheating) I reserve the right to remove them from the game or punish their character appropriately.  Misreads and typos do happen, but please do double check things (read the longer blurb for talents, not just the summary in the charts).
  • I won't be going strictly canon.  So the extended universe and my own creations are possible and valid.  For example, I may take some inspiration from the Force Unleashed.
  • If you are going non-Force and Destiny for a character, ignore Obligation/Duty and we will figure out your Morality after creation if you don't have the book.  All characters will get the option of +10 XP, OR +2500 credit, OR +5 XP and +1000 credits.

Please fill out the below (including the questions). 

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Career/Specialization(s):[/b]
[b]Brief History:[/b]
[i]Is there any specific sexual content you want to happen involving your character?  Is there anything that you don't want to happen to your character?  Is there anything you don't want to read/see in the thread?[/i]
[i]Is there any specific non-sexual content you want to happen involving your character?  [/i]

Angie

I still like my smuggler idea, but as I was getting into it, I've found that I kinda wanna play my Twi'lek now instead of being a Human. So, with that in mind, I'm keeping the original "sheet" that I posted a bit ago and just adding in the bit PAC wants us to fill out in another spoiler.

PAC'S questions:
Name: Tiz'noga, goes by Tina
Species: Twi'lek
Sex: Female
Career/Specialization(s): Seeker / Pathfinder
Brief History: Former slave girl who broke free of Master's control and is now out to forge her own path across the galaxy while experiencing all the galaxy has to offer, and doing what she can to free other slaves. Extended history and motivation in the sheet below.
Is there any specific sexual content you want to happen involving your character?  Is there anything that you don't want to happen to your character?  Is there anything you don't want to read/see in the thread? I've already implied a heavy dose of brainwashing and rape in my character's background. I am open to many things, I just don't want to have her get pregnant.
Is there any specific non-sexual content you want to happen involving your character?  Nothing in specific, I don't often do non-consent, so I leave this all to the GM.

Tiz'noma, goes by Tina among friends

Background: Sold into slavery because Twi'lek culture is a bag of dicks (and yes, she will say that to anyone who asks) to a powerful Dark side force user (one who keeps his powers secret, the Emperor is not wanting competition). The man was rich and used his abilities to heavily brainwash his slaves and subjects, preventing any form of rebellion. We will note that the slave master in this case considered Tiz'noma quite beautiful, and allow your imagination to fill in the rest. Eventually, her mind was able to surface, struggling as it did-a flash of recognition there, a tiny gasp of emotion there, until finally,
the control was loosened enough that she was able to slip it completely. She panicked. She ran. She followed a pilot into his own ship and killed the man with his own blaster. She's done things she's not proud of. But, she has managed to run her way to freedom, and will use her new freedom to both travel the galaxy and experience what it's like, and bring the blessing of freedom to every corner she can. Meanwhile, new abilities are awakening within her-her physical abilities are seemingly enhanced, more then what can be explained by mere luck. What is this new strength? Only those like her might know...

Morality: 50 (Bonus: +5 XP and 1,000 Creds)
Emotional Strength: Enthusiasm, a wanderlust and a desire to explore the far corners of the galaxy, to see what all it has to offer. She will gladly sample strange cuisines or take part in religious rituals of the locals simply for the experience of doing it.
Emotional Weakness: Fear. One doesn't escape from such a powerful person without some scars. For her, it's the fear that her "owner" will return and reclaim his property. While the man is not exactly a Sith Lord and wouldn't get a cool "Darthy" name, he is certainly strong and has many sub-ordinates that are loyal, so her fears are not entirely unfounded. She fears being hunted, fears the powers that he wielded or anything related to it, and fears being helpless and alone.

Motivation: Cause: Freedom is the right of all beings.

Species: Twi'lek. Species bonuses: One rank in Charm. Remove one Setback Die for environmental hazards in arid or desert environments (they are desert dwellers, you see).

Characteristics:
Brawl: 1
Agility: 3
Intellect: 2
Cunning: 2
Willpower: 3
Presence: 3

Derived Stats:
Wounds: 11
Strain: 14
Soak: 1
Encumbrance: 6 + 4 from Backpack

Career: Seeker (Free skills taken: Piloting (Space), Survival, Vigilence)
Specialization: Pathfinder (Skills taken: Ranged (Light), Medicine)

Skills: Piloting (Space) 1
Survival 1
Ranged (Light) 2
Medicine 1
Vigilance 1
Athletics 1
Resilience 1

Talents: Forager

Force Powers: Enhance with Control upgrade (can roll the Force die when making Athletics or Resilience checks and add Force Points to Successes OR Advantage)

Experience point investments (105 total)

Willpower increased to 3 (30 XP)
Agility increased to 3 (30 XP)
Ranged (Light) increased to 2 (20 XP)
Athletics increased to 1 (10 XP)
Resilience increased to 1 (5 XP-Career skill)
Career Talent: Forager (remove up to 2 Setback Dice when foraging for food and drink) (5 XP)
Force Power: Enhance (Make a power check when rolling Athletics to add Force points to successes OR advantage) (10 XP)
Force Power Upgrade-Enhance Control (Enhance Basic Power now applies to Resilience Rolls)

Gear (1,500 credits in total, I spent every single one)
Heavy Blaster Pistol (Dam 7, Crit 3, Range Medium, Encumbrance 2, Hard Points 3, Special: Stun Setting
Handheld Commlink
Scanner Goggles
Medisensor (Hand Scanner, but focused on medical use since they're apparently specialized)
Emergency Medpac
Breathing Mask and Respirator
Wilderness Survival Kit (contains a massive pile of gear)
Backpack

KirbysFolly

Here we go. There's some blank space there after the brief history to allow her story to be connected up with everybody else's, so we can all start out linked together already, if need be.

Name: Miria Lannik
Species: Human
Sex: Female
Career/Specialization(s): Sentinel/Artisan
Brief History: Miria was from a planet that was turned into a dumping ground about a century before the Clone Wars. Her homeworld was ecologically devastated, and the citizens lived in sealed habitats, venturing out into the mountains of toxic scrap to salvage machinery to sell, scrap, or restore. The Empire kept watch over all the settlements, and required that any finds from the Clone Wars be reported immediately. When Miria, a rising star in her local scrapping community, renowned for her incredible luck, found a half-smashed crate of Clone Wars-era rebreathers, she smuggled them into the settlement, ready to make or save a fortune on vital equipment. When she heard from a friend that an Imperial trooper had been asking for somebody of her description the day afterward, she abandoned the rebreathers, and fled aboard a smuggler's ship. She thought the favor she'd owe him was the mechanical work she did on his ship before they parted ways, and didn't realize that she still owed a favor to somebody she didn't even really know.

Is there any specific sexual content you want to happen involving your character?  Is there anything that you don't want to happen to your character?  Is there anything you don't want to read/see in the thread? In order, 1: Not that I can think of. I suppose if something did come up that didn't seem likely to occur anyway, I'd be open to discussing OOC possibly setting it up. 2: I'm definitely not into sexualized mutilation or extreme pain, needleplay, bloodplay, things of that nature. That said, extreme pain, death, and possible limb-removal are okay with me if they're outside a sexual situation. 3: That said, I think scat stuff is pretty much the only thing I would absolutely not want to see at all in the game. If somebody else is into something and I'm not, I can generally deal with it. Not so much, with that.

Is there any specific non-sexual content you want to happen involving your character? It would be kind of cool if freaking out and running away instead of calmly dealing with her situation back home caused more problems for her than it solved. It would also be really fun, eventually, for everybody to get lightsabers. Probably not right out of the gate and all, but eventually.

RubySlippers

Droids can be force sensitive well kind of the Iron Knights had a droid body and a force sensitive sentient Shard being in the center, so I suppose you can call them more metal suits for the host Shard than a true droid though.

Just being the Star Wars nerd girl here though.  ;D

BlackStone

Name: Septimus Cortess
Species: Alderaan Human
Sex: Male
Career/Specialization(s): Guardian Soresu Defender
Brief History:  Septimus Cortess was the third son to House Cortess, and considered the outcast of the family.  His mother was the second wife, and while he was a Lord of the Land in the eyes of Alderaan law, among his two brothers, sister, and all save for his parents, he was no better than a commoner.  His mother had not been welcome into the House when Radal Cortess decided to remarry, the daughter of a commoner.  Said commoner however was the owner of Praxis, the fourth largest shipping company upon Alderaan, but a commoner by blood, even though it was Helena Praxis' fortune which saved House Cortess from bankruptcy and ruin.  Thus the elder children of Radal could not take out their ill will upon their stepmother, but they could their half brother, and till the age of eight made his life difficult, and letting Septimus know they would never consider him family.  Things would change for Septimus after he tested to be Force sensitive, and was taken to Jedi Temple for training. 

Septimus was selected as Master Stass Allie padawan learner, and he trained under her for fifteen years before his trails and being raised to Jedi Knight.  During his training Septimus talents with the Lightsaber shone through and he had a proficiency and skill with the Soresu form.  Upon being raised to Jedi Knight, Septimus was assigned as liaison to CorSec on Corellia.  During his two years serving with CorSec, two things happened, first was Septimus growing dissatisfaction with the Republic, and his feelings towards his CorSec partner, Victoria Trey.  When the affair was found out, Victoria was dismissed from CorSec, and Septimus was reprimanded by the Jedi Council.  Before they could reassign Septimus, the Jedi Order received word of the Separatist plot on Genenosis.  Septmus was among the Jedi present during the battle and one of the survivors.  After the battle, Septimus resigned from the Jedi Order, disagreeing with Jedi leading a war for a government he had long lost faith in.  After he left the Jedi Order, Septmius father disowned him for the shame and dishonor he brought to the Cortess name

Septimus joined Victoria's crew on board the YV-666 light Freighter Emerald Fire as an independent.  Victoria and Septimus would spend the Clone Wars delivering relief supplies to the outer rim and worn torn planets such as Ryloth, Abregado, Mon Cala, Sullest, and Onderon.  Septimus did not escape the notice of the government and when Order 66 was issued, the Emerald Fire came under attack by Republic Clone forces.  The Emerald Fire went down upon Onderon, and Victoria was killed during the crash.  Septimus now finds himself on the run, doing all he can to escape notice and blend in.  During his spent moving about the Outer Rim, trying to stay one step ahead Empire, while at the same time looking for any organized resistance against government which had cost him so much.

Is there any specific sexual content you want to happen involving your character? Dom/sub, orgasm denial, Bondage, capture and interrogation.
Is there anything that you don't want to happen to your character?  Vore, scat, beastiality, maiming or dismemberment
Is there anything you don't want to read/see in the thread? Vore, scat, beastiality
Is there any specific non-sexual content you want to happen involving your character?  capture, seduction, and interrogation

PixelatedPixie

I have put up a discussion thread at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=269754.0 I have not yet put up a character thread as I want to discuss the characters a bit first.  Specifically, how they might come together or how they might have already come together. 

Please start posting there Blackstone, KirbysFolly, and Angie!  And thank you for your interest! :-)

I might accept one more character.  If you're interested please PM me the above questions and character information.