Interest Check: Gears of War

Started by Primarch, November 21, 2008, 07:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Having been playing Gears of War 2, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a Gears of War RP. Effectively based around a Custom squad of custom characters (We'll ignore that we never see any female soldiers in the games and allow female characters).

So, would anyone be interested?

mannik

Hmm...I haven't played Gears 2 yet, but I have beaten the crap out of part one.
Consider me intrigued

Primarch

If we had 4-5 people we could have a full squad, additional people could always join to take the position of "control" like that Anya person, telling us our objectives and giving us intel, or command, like Col. Hoffman.

CrazEGrl

i loved gears 2 and beat it in like 3 days and my hours on the game took me less then 50 because i played the shit out of it lol but i would be very interested

Primarch

Awesome, that's three people. One more and we'd have a suitable sized squad.

CrazEGrl

and  if we dont we can just ave the usual squad lol 2 gears and a command or 2 gears and a gear rookie

playfullchick76

im not familar with the game, but im usually good with military themed roleplays. if you dont find anyone else, im willing.

Primarch

You'd be welcome to join us playful Chick, although you might want to read perhaps a little wikipedia so you'll know the setting. Meanwhile, I do believe now would be an ideal time to get what characters we'd like to play up here. So hit me with your ideas peeps.

playfullchick76

CrazEGrl

Primarch

How about a wee bit more detail?  :P

Such as, my character, Nathan Stark, squad leader, six foot two Caucasian male been serving with the gears since they started taking names after E-day. Fond of his Lancer Rifle but often makes use of a Long Shot but like most Gears, can switch to whatever weapon is available or needed for the job at hand.

CrazEGrl

Kia Foust
female rookie
five foot seven Caucasian tan just joined the gears and loves her lancer and longshow

http://rayartz.deviantart.com/art/Gears-of-War-Rainier-102170653

mannik

Name: Lyle Davids
Role: Sniper/Recon
Description: Lyle is six feet tall, 160 pounds, and athletic. Unlike most Gears, Lyle is not a bulging mass of muscle beneath bulky armor. Instead, Lyle is build for speed and agility. His armor is a light variant of the typical heavy armor favored by most Gears, and allows for a greater range of unhindered movement making it easier for him to maneuver around a fire fight, as well as slip in and out of places unnoticed.
Weapons of Choice:Long shot, magnum pistol, torque bow

Is this good enough?

Sabby

So... this guna be a gay gang bang game? ;D

All aboard the Cole Train babeh!

mannik

Quote from: Sabbat on December 04, 2008, 11:18:56 AM
So... this guna be a gay gang bang game? ;D

All aboard the Cole Train babeh!

Where the hell did you get that idea? two of the people who showed interest were female...and I assume wish to create female characters, at least one already has.

Sabby

Quote from: mannik on December 04, 2008, 12:15:44 PM
Where the hell did you get that idea? two of the people who showed interest were female...and I assume wish to create female characters, at least one already has.

Dude, ease it :P it ain't Gears without gay jokes.

Primarch

Yeah Mannik that's fine. I'll send playfulchik a PM and find out if she's still interested.

playfullchick76

I did some research, but, bear with me if my character thread is a bit off, feel free to correct me.

I could be a rookie as well, but a crack shot with whatever weapon i have. I would usually be armed with a Lancer Assault rifle and 2 Snub Pistols. I would be about 5ft 5inches tall, long auburn hair, intense blue eyes.

Her name would be Jade Kendall.

i;ll do more looking up and add to this thread as it comes to me.

Primarch

That character would fit into the Gears world nicely, so we've got two veterans and two rookies, I smell a sit com. :P

I'll set up a thread soon and edit this post with the link.

EDIT: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=25398.0

playfullchick76

SinXAzgard21

I was just wondering if you hand any more room for another COG soldier.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.