News:

Main Menu

Bin Laden is Dead

Started by Yorubi, May 01, 2011, 09:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorubi

Just took them how long before they finally got him?

Sorry I knew this thread might come so i decided to beat others to the punch. XD

I would link an article but it is breaking news.

Major Major

And do they have complete, total, and irrefutable proof?

Belle33

Obama is supposed to make a statement shortly.  This is welcome news.  Perhaps we can get out of Afghanistan now.

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Ryven

Supposedly they have his body.

Marikir

They'd have checked, double, triple, quadruple checked the body against his DNA. 

Supposedly it was done face to face, in a mansion, near Islamabad, Pakistan.

Marguerite

I want to see everything covered to make sure they are 169% percent confirmed.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Saerrael

I'm with Marg on that one >.>

Marikir

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure they would not let the President get anywhere near making this claim without proof beyond proof.

I'm still curious to see what they say, what the statement is.

Yorubi

I say to confirm its Bin laden, we need to get his birth certificate. A short version of it won't work either. We will need to double check that and triple check it. We will then need to find his mother and have her come and confirm who it is as well. A panel of observes will need to all be around when this happens to make sure its true and cameras need to be rolling. We need to get that one guy with the ability to bring a dead man back to life for a short period of time to zap him and confirm that he is bin laden himself by providing all his valid information and giving his place of birth as well.

Then I'll be sure.

Noelle

Bin Laden has probably been dead for years and this is obviously another government conspiracy to get Barack Hussein Obama re-elected. Silly sheeple.

[/sarcasm]

TheGlyphstone

Color me skeptical - and even if he is dead, it'll be a week or two at most before the jihadists find a suitable look-alike and have 'Bin Laden' air a video that 'proves' he is still alive.

Marguerite

Obama is on now and I wonder what he truly thinks.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Marikir

*finishes watching the statement*

Well, supposedly the US forces took custody of the body.

It will probably be shown, etc.  They cannot let there be any doubt about this.

According to Al Jazeera, senior officials in Pakistan have confirmed it as well.

TheGlyphstone

Well, I just came off watching the live feed of Obama's speech, and if CNN is lying, Obama is also lying (or at least they're all wrong, and got trolled by Al Queda again).

Yorubi

Is it bad I had a funny image of someone complete different from Bin laden being used by Al Queda in some comedy sketch trying to pretend he is him? >.<

TheGlyphstone

Nope. I was almost secretly hoping that at the end of the Prez's speech, he would stop walking away from the podium, turn around with a Trollface.jpg picture in his hands and yell "PSYCH! JUST KIDDING LOLZ!"

consortium11

Quote from: Yorubi on May 01, 2011, 10:19:42 PM
I say to confirm its Bin laden, we need to get his birth certificate. A short version of it won't work either. We will need to double check that and triple check it. We will then need to find his mother and have her come and confirm who it is as well. A panel of observes will need to all be around when this happens to make sure its true and cameras need to be rolling. We need to get that one guy with the ability to bring a dead man back to life for a short period of time to zap him and confirm that he is bin laden himself by providing all his valid information and giving his place of birth as well.

Then I'll be sure.

I was going to put up a similar post...

Trouble

Man, I never really thought this would actually happen. I was just starting high school, freshmen year, when 9/11 happened. Even after hearing the speech, I'm still a little in shock.

It's a relief that he's dead. I just hope we didn't make him a martyr.

And that's terrible, Glyph. XD Hilarious, but terrible.

But I'd definitely like to be absolutely certain that this really is bin Laden.
Trouble's switches: On/Off
RP Request (MxM) (Current craving for Doctor Who/Torchwood)
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

Marikir

You know, it's kind of interesting watching the crowds outside of the White House.  I am reminded how similar it was that people in the Arab world would hold demonstrations of joy at attacks on the US and other countries.

Not that I think either are justified.  It's very odd seeing people of my country behaving in such a way.

I don't know if it's warranted and feel it's not really in good taste. 

But apparently it's human nature, since it's a reflection of other "celebrations" of similar nature. 

Very chilling, frankly.

Yorubi

Well those kind of attacks are different. Not like we are holding celebrations of joy for attacking Arabs, people are doing it for one individual who is responsible for terrible attacks and leading an organization bent on causing terror.

AllieCat

You know.. I want to be all America Fuck Yeah, but more and more I think the people killed on 9/11.. trying to convince my sweetie to go on a midnight drive with me to NYC.. it'd be nice to see the sun coming up over Ground Zero.. Irresponsible I know :)

Marikir

Supposedly along with Osama, three men and one woman were killed.

2 male couriers and one of his adult sons.  The woman was supposedly being used as a human shield and lost her life due to that.

All of this is still being speculated on, of course, but I'm quite curious to hear what comes out over the next 24 hours.

Thufir Hawat

Whatever, congratulations to everybody, that was great news!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

despickable

Quote from: Yorubi on May 01, 2011, 10:19:42 PM

Then I'll be sure.

That was very funny comment I laugh like a drain.

My two cents when I heard it over here in Australia. I am a little skeptical I figured he had been dead a few years, they did know where he was all along, and that they only released the news that he was dead because the American people needed some good news to feel good about. because times are hard at the moment and people need a cathartic release

Any way I hope that means that Australian troops will get out of Afghanistan too. Our Prime Minister made some speech mainly rhetoric but no confirmation of whether he was dead and we are letting the troops out of there. But it's good news. Yet sadly some new mad man, or mad woman terror will take his place.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs