Things you do not want as Christmas present

Started by Nico, December 08, 2011, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordred

Susan Boyle's Christmas album. Yes, she has a nice voice.. just.. nawwww.. not my thing. In fact, last year on a download frenzy.. somehow, I ended up downloading her last holiday album.. which was deleted just a few days ago.
*See Pillory*

abandoneddolly

books unless you know what I like- my sis in law got me twilight for my b day because I liked vampires. so I tied to be nice and pretend I liked the sparkly kind

No clothes, I know I need clothes, but really I would much rather you give me the money to pick my own.

Serephino

Candles and wine I would be okay with.  I love scented candles, just not the really cheap ones with the wick clear on the side that don't burn well.

But I will add myself to the no clothes list.  If it was clothes I liked it wouldn't be so bad, but it's like people don't pay attention.  I guess relatives I don't see much have an excuse, but my mom should have learned by now.

Ornaments.  I haven't put up a tree in years, what the fuck am I supposed to do with an ornament?  Not to mention, as has already been said, Christmas is over at the end of the day.

Lottery tickets.  If I actually won something that would be great, but chances are you just gave me a worthless piece of paper... 

Kazuume

I do NOT want a pair of pink mittens, or rainbow colored toe socks, or shoes with bells on them.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

Breathless Intent

A Snuggie! I got one for Christmas a couple years ago and its just been a ball of pink hidden somewhere ever since.

Mordred

Nooooo singing fish or any other inanimate objects that break into song.
*See Pillory*

Seara

I do not want makeup made for children again this year.  I will not wear it!

Dor

Perfumes and packets of cheap beauty products. Really, I have dozens of perfumes as presents which most of them are horrible and the cheap beauty products will eventually be thrown away as I don't see any use to them.
Plots & Ideas
the monster is in us.    it's in all of us.

Breathless Intent

Daily calendars. I barely remember to flip over a monthly calendar, let alone a daily one

JackWhite

Quote from: Breathless Intent on December 10, 2011, 01:42:44 PM
Daily calendars. I barely remember to flip over a monthly calendar, let alone a daily one
Even if the backside hides a joke or some kind of wisdom?

Breathless Intent

Probably not. I'd still forget. It would be March before I remembered that I still have a January date up. The are just a sad waste of paper on me.

JackWhite

Quote from: Breathless Intent on December 10, 2011, 01:58:08 PM
Probably not. I'd still forget. It would be March before I remembered that I still have a January date up. The are just a sad waste of paper on me.
True.

Kazuume

A book, they are always ones I don't want to read. EVER.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

Mordred

A bottle of Absolut! *:P*No.. no.. no! For then.. I'd have to drink the nasty, horrible, disgusting stuff.. mixing it in all sorts of delicious wintery concoctions!
*See Pillory*

Breathless Intent

Candy (or any other kind of food). I won't eat it...it will sit in my house until about Easter until it gets thrown out or I take it to work for the vultures to descend upon.

Phoenixrisen

A video game, jewelry, or anything else that I won't make use of.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Observing Trifles

Quote from: Mordred on December 17, 2011, 02:37:42 PM
A bottle of Absolut! *:P*No.. no.. no! For then.. I'd have to drink the nasty, horrible, disgusting stuff.. mixing it in all sorts of delicious wintery concoctions!

I wholeheartedly agree. I definitely don't want a bottle of vodka... Or a bottle of tequila. Drinking them is so tiresome... I can only have so many martinis and margaritas before the novelty wears off! ;)

Oh. Also, those $10 gift boxes of assorted meats or cheeses. Seriously, please don't get me those. :/
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Mordred

Quote from: BrilliantDays on December 17, 2011, 03:42:28 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. I definitely don't want a bottle of vodka... Or a bottle of tequila. Drinking them is so tiresome... I can only have so many martinis and margaritas before the novelty wears off! ;)

Oh. Also, those $10 gift boxes of assorted meats or cheeses. Seriously, please don't get me those. :/

Hehe.. ohhh yeah, those assorted boxes.. Years ago, I swear, my aunt must have purchased a case of those.. each year that was what I got. Also the crackers in those sets are always like cardboard.

Also.. noooo coconut macaroons. *shivers at the thought of coconut.. yech!*
*See Pillory*

Breathless Intent

*snags all of Mordred's coconuty treats* Thank you!

Hmmm I don't want decorative towels. I have a slew of them from people who think that they are important, but they end up just sitting in my linen closet not getting used.

Observing Trifles

Quote from: Mordred on December 17, 2011, 04:19:28 PM
Hehe.. ohhh yeah, those assorted boxes.. Years ago, I swear, my aunt must have purchased a case of those.. each year that was what I got. Also the crackers in those sets are always like cardboard.

Also.. noooo coconut macaroons. *shivers at the thought of coconut.. yech!*

Those little gift boxes seem like gifts you'd give to people you don't know very well. Distant family, coworkers, etc. I would give a nice gift box to my gardener or my aunt's mother-in-law, but I would never give one to someone I consider a friend. It seems too impersonal.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.