Throwing out an idea of intrigue game of sorts. (mul)

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, October 25, 2009, 07:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

First what I am offering up.

The throne of 'Salazar'

Within the desert realm.  One of the major forces of the hot arid landscape.  With its sea of grains of sand.  Is the nomad riders, tribes of desert barbarians called the Ten-host.   Fresh off a war of conquest and defense.    One of the six cities of the desert,  Salazar.   Has in recent weeks through tragedy lost the ruling caliph through assassination while on a visit to a ally kingdom.   Alas an empire, the empire of the South.   

So now the great chieftain Korin, the over lord of the loosely vague empire carved out by conquest.  The half dragon lord of the desert.   Has long pondered who would put upon the seat of running the city of Salazar.  When he shocks the city as he names his head concubine, known simply as 'Rose'   alas the Rose of the desert.  An erotic beauty from the north.  More aft, a elven beauty.  Naming her as regent of  Salazar.  The custodial guardian of his interest, of this jeweled city.

Of course such a thing of a slave acting as a regent is not unheard in these lands.  Long has it been practiced of trusted eunuchs doing such.   However, such is not the case of a concubine,  such a thing would and does send shock waves reverberating through out the city and desert.

In this it would be seen as an opening.  A opening for the old to gain back control of the city kingdom of Salazar.  The long old established families of power.  Since regulated to nothing more then pomp of show.  No real voice in the running of the city.  For Xertis who had been Korin's right hand and ruler of the jeweled city. Had ruled with a strong singular guidance.  Alas, in this opening the power ful merchant guilds leaders see their chance to establish control. 

So in this faithful revolutionary decree issued by the great chieftain Korin, conqueror an savior of the desert.   Opens up a vibrant world of court intrigue.  A setting where politics are played.  A jockeying to control the throne of Salazar. 

Open slots;   

Lord  or Lady of the oldest noble family within the city;  The family that now with the original ruling family was purged in the conquest of the city by the ten hosts   Now sits as the oldest.   It is their inherent right to be the true leaders of the city.   

Goal;  To wrest control and assume the old monarchy of the mantle of Caliph of the city.   This through cannot be done with out the other support of the noble houses, guild houses and the army's commanders.   Or at least two of these aspects.   But then it could be as simple as getting the regent to hand over the control.

Lord or Lady of the wealthiest  noble family.  They do not have heritage of past to stake a claim.  But they do have wealth to proclaim they should run the city. 

Goal;  You have wealth,  the next is power.   Like the oldest noble family. You need to either buy, errr build a coalition.  To take over as the new leaders of the city. 

Guild leaders,  each of various guild leaders of the city commerce.   Have various self serving interests.   Being they of lofty goals or trivial self serving ones.  See an opening to take Salazar in a new direction.  A direction that sheds it from the constriction of old.  Doing away with the structure of protocol.

Goal;  The guilds are unaligned,  with various opinions.   Some prefer to keep it as is.  Others see this as truly becoming a republic.  An work towards this goal.   But the army is needed.  An at least half the noble houses.   Like that would happen, giving up there age old rights of rule.  And then some favor even going back to the old monarchy.  Well that is if the proper enticements are given.   

Minor noble houses of the city, from here dose one rise up,  does a lord emerge to raise his family  Or does a lady with the conniving intuition  bring about the same.

Goal;  Like the guilds, a myriad of goals  can be found.   Rising up out of no where to take control.  New blood and all.  But like the larger noble families. One needs the support of at least two of the three major players in this intrigue.  However, perhaps the goal is simple to raise the family above minor noble to one of the great noble houses of the city.

A sub chieftain of the Ten-hosts, the conquerors.  A traitor within, who has sworn allegiance to the fraction that has fallen in line with the renegade  eunuchs.   Who looks to gain the control or the city.  Bringing it into the fold of the eunuchs sphere of control.

Goal;  Your a traitor,  you need to convince the rest of your tribe.  Gain allies within the city.   The more the better,  perhaps even to the point.   Interdiction of the Eunuch forces does not have to be.

Captain of the guard.  Where does he fall,  he has been faithful and trusted servant.  But that was to Xertis.   Now here is his chance.  To gain a kingdom of his own.   But he cannot do it without help.  Through he has the allegiance of the guard.  It is not enough unless he gets the backing of the noble houses and guilds.   Or does he remain loyal.   Ferreting out those that would usurp the regent-concubine's rule.

Various servants from maids,  palace guards.   Any motivation,  loyal to noble house,  the concubine or even guild houses.    Or just a an opportunist, going with what brings the greatest amount of wealth and power in advancement.

The Regent/Concubine of Salazar.   Rules with writhe from the great chieftain Korin of the Ten-Hosts, the city of Salazar.    However, even the great chief cannot undo protocol.   Thus Rose finds herself bound to the traditions of protocol. 

For her status as concubine is unchangeable, irreversible position.   Thus the first law of the land, a slave shall not have rights over a free person.  Will come into play with the following protocols of the land.

Her laws, decrees are for naught.  Unless she can get two thirds of the ruling council of her court to agree to the proscribed law issued and set forth by the regent/concubine.

The removal of a seated council member of the court.  Can only be achieved through unanimous vote of the other council members.   

A slave may sit in on disputes for their master/owner.  In regards to said other properties.   An rule in accordance to the law.   Thus in this, the regent/concubine may  rule in disputes brought before her.  In accordance to what is proscribed in applicable law of the land.   

A slave may not determine punishment of a free person.  For  a slave has no such rights over such.  In this the captain of the palace guard shall be the final authority.  Choosing to adhere to what is suggested by the regent/concubine.  Or going with his own determination of what shall be proscribed for punishment of said offender. 

A slave may own nothing, not even themselves. 

Now I will be taking the part of the regent concubine.  The part of Korin who will be a figure that will appear from time to time to check on his city.   Will be taken by DragoonDawg25.

Now on the roles suggested and listed with plot motivations.  I left it so, each player could fill in what they envision for the said character.   Even the detail of noble house name.  Or if they are a lord or lady. 

The other I am unsure whether or not to go freeform or a system.  But a system that is rules lite, say as perhas Gurps 4th edition lite. that anyone can get from Steve Jacksons games for free.  As this is not fantasy setting of an adverture.  But the intrigues of a court.  That being the court of the Regent/concubine.

Regardless of which way the game develops if it draws any interest.   I posted the main envisioned protocols that the regent/concubine has to work with and around.  Thus enabling a measure against even myself of meta gaming.

So if this intrigues and piques your interest.  Please let me know.  And also whether or not prefer just free form or a system.  An if system.  If you have another lite that does not bog us down.  But intermediates certain scenes that needs an arbitrator. 

Insight

I wouldn't mind playing as one of the Noble Families, or perhaps a guild leader.
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Elven Sex Goddess

Thanks for the interest.  Select who you want and do up a brief bio, such what is he leader of what guild house.  Examples, Stone mason, builders within the city.  A merchant of imports or exports.   That is if go with the guilds.  Now a noble house, wherever you want to take on. 

Nitro

I wouldn't mind Playing a concubine This sounds interesting and i would love to play. i have never played at systems before i am only used to free form.