A little suggestion

Started by Dingo, May 16, 2008, 12:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Dear Vekseid,

I like what you are doing with the main site, however, on a personal basis I do not like the fact that names are visible.

I am quite attached the nick Dingo and I rather not have it visible as such ...

I could change my name, but I rather not do it.

Sherona

What do you mean as visible?

As in the online list? That is taken care of in your profiles, just click "allow members to see online status" that puts you on the Hidden list where no one but sirens and Dieties can see you online.

Otherwise, not sure what you mean,

Dingo

Sherona, members who aren't logged in can still see my online presence. That is what irks me.

I don't mind signed on members seeing my presence.

Moondazed

I'm not sure what you mean... are you saying that you don't want your username visible in the public threads?
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

NightBird

Take a look at the homepage, Moon. It's visible there as well as at the bottom of the forums main page.

Moondazed

Ahhhh... I've never paid attention!
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Vekseid

Quote from: NightBird on May 16, 2008, 01:19:49 PM
Take a look at the homepage, Moon. It's visible there as well as at the bottom of the forums main page.

If your username is hidden, guests will not see it.

Kalen

I think he means that he's fine with people who are online knowing if he is online... but not people hitting the forum page who aren't logged in yet.

Which would mean taking that section, and making it 'logged in' only.

Vekseid

Quote from: Kalen on May 16, 2008, 01:46:09 PM
I think he means that he's fine with people who are online knowing if he is online... but not people hitting the forum page who aren't logged in yet.

Which would mean taking that section, and making it 'logged in' only.

Except, all he needs to do is click 'hidden' on his profile...

Kalen

Wouldn't that hide him from everyone looking at that list?

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Moondazed

Vek, is there a reason you want the names listed and visible to people not logged on instead of just showing a number of how many people are online?

Vekseid

It's not a matter of want, it's just how the forum handles it by default and has for the past three years so I never thought to change it? :-p

Elvi

The homepage has changed Vek, it used to be the pretty pink welcome page, it wasn't like it is now when I joined...*smiles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Vekseid

Quote from: Elvi on May 16, 2008, 05:16:54 PM
The homepage has changed Vek, it used to be the pretty pink welcome page, it wasn't like it is now when I joined...*smiles*

I can change it to pretty pink, I just liked the blue >_> <_<

Jester

Thats either really funny or...

Elvi

No you daft bat!*laughs*
I meant that it was a welcome to elliquiy page with none of that stuff on it and a few links to click on to get to the forums....

Jester

.......you just misunderstood what Elvi meant :-)

Elvi

*rolls eyes*
I was ignoring you Jester....*grins*

My post was in answer to Vekseid...

Jester

I know. :-)

Somehow I thought i was being clever by answering my own question after you posted.

But obviously its not big and its not clever...

Elvi

Yes Jester.
*points to corner and puts on her best Headmistress voice*
Go....Face to the wall and don't come out until you're told to...

Jester

ooooh again? humphh

*at the age of 28 you would wish this would stop happening*

Moondazed

I don't remember that information being visible on the old page.  When did it change?  I know it wasn't that long ago, because when I log in from work I go to the main page and then click the link for the forum.

Vekseid

Quote from: moondazed on May 16, 2008, 07:53:39 PM
I don't remember that information being visible on the old page.  When did it change?  I know it wasn't that long ago, because when I log in from work I go to the main page and then click the link for the forum.

Couple days ago.. well, it was on the main page for awhile through SSI as well, but I didn't have that p for very long.