It's a start (Johan, Sheiba90 and Noros)

Started by Johan, July 29, 2009, 05:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

The tavern was a very nice little place out in no-where.It was a simple one storage building all timber with an open fireplace that made the whole atmosphere cosy and a place that people felt at home in. The place was run by old Ma Delly who had a widow the past 20 years after her husband vanished during a trip to the larger cities to the south. She kept a tight reign of the place making sure everything was running smoothly and all the guests was enjoying their stay.

The tavern itself laid by the stream in the middle of a rather small village called Rashen. It was a typical village that enjoyed their freedom not really connected to a country or sovereign, but then who would even care for such little place?

Noros

(reposting it here again)

Delgar Isan, a big muscular fighter with a sword strapped across his back, stepped into the dimly lit tavern and looked around slowly. He removed his helmet, revealing short dark hair. His face was that of a middle-aged man, marked with some scars showing he was no stranger to battle. He sat down on a table, his back to the wall and having the door in his field of view, when he waved the serving girl over "Get me some of your best ale, wench"

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Tamara walked around the tavern clearing the dishes from the table. There'd been a big crowd earlier, and now the place was in need off a good cleaning. She walked ino the kitchen and set the dishes in the wash bin, pulling her dark brown hair behind her ear and out of her brown eyes. She headed back out into the tavern and began wiping off the tables. When she was called upon, she left the rag on the table and pour a tankerd of October Ale and sat it on the table.

"Will there be anything else for ya?"

Noros

Delgar turns his attention to Tamara for a moment, letting his eyes glide over the woman, examining her with a quick look, to determine if she carries any hidden weapons. An old habbit. He tries to judge her age and finally shakes his head

"No, that will be all for now. I will call upon you if I need anything"

He then dismisses her and turns his attention back to the other patrons.

Johan

Outside the sound of heavy hooves came closer and closer which stopped right in front of the tavern. Ma Delly left her place in the kitchen and went to the window to look out. She wasn't the only one that did the same, all others of the four patrons joined her trying to get some view of what was going on.

"Soldiers... four of them." Ma Delly hissed, quickly moving away from the window and placing herself by a table as if she was taking an order.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Seeing the uneasy look and quick movements of her mistress, Tamara nodded at the man and headed quickly for the kitchen. She tucked a small cooking knife into her her cinch and came back out, caring a tray of food for one of the other patrons. She kept her head down, but watched the door, waiting to see what would happen.

Noros

Delgar notices the commotion in the common room, eyeing the people moving around, but does stay in his own corner. He loosens the sword in its scabbard with a trained hand though.
Then he picks up the tankard and tastes the ale, waiting for the soldiers to enter.

Johan

The soldiers got off their horses and walked towards the door, the one that came first kicked it open with his heavy boot and entered.

"Food... and wine!" He called out while the other three took a table in the middle of the room, sat down and removed their helmets. Delgar recognized their uniforms as belonging to the neighbouring country in the east, whatever they was doing this many weeks travel away from home. By the look of them they didn't seem like scouts either but fully dressed and equipped cavalrymen.

Ma Delly placed her hands to her hips and looked at the soldier calling for service.

"Can you pay?" She asked without a hint of fear but full with defiance in her voice.

Noros

Delgar studies the soldiers, trying to recall any rumors he heard in the last villages about war or troubles with the neighboring kingdom.

He tries to compare them with the rest of the patrons, to judge how a fight with them would end, if it should errupt.

He then takes another large gulp from his mug, never taking his eyes of the strangers.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Tamara finished handing out the food and made her way quietly onto the kitchen, watching the soldier from behind the kitchen door. Ma Delly had warned her before about soldiers that came into the Tavern. Soldie were rowdy and uncouth. Being as young as she was, it wasn't very smart for her to be as friendly with them as she was with the other patrons. They had a tendency to get hands. She decided to wait in the back, keeping a look out and now coming back out of the kitchen until she was called again.

((ooc: sorry about earlier, my comp had a major melt down))

Noros

Delgar puts the drink down, then slowly lifts himself from his chair, trying to make no sound. He watches the soldiers who don't seem to notice him, too busy yelling at Ma Delly, who seems unimpressed by their attitude. A dangerous behavior he thought, these people can't be trusted.

He tries to open the second door into the kitchen silently, notices the girl peeking through the other door.
"It could get ugly out there at any moment, little girl"

((Since Johan got denied, one of us should probably start playing the soldiers as well. you want?))

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

"Hey, I'm not little..." Tamara started before remember that now was not the best time to argue with some an assuming stranger about her age. She looked from out the window as Ma Delly, coninued to argue with the soldier and then turned back to him.

"You right. Soldier don't usually leave here in the same condition they came. What are you doing back here anyway? We don't usually allow patrons in the kitchen." She told him. She walked over to the broom closet and opening the door. She dug around for a little bit and pulled out an old broad sword and leaning it against the counter.

((You play two and I'll play two, sound good?))

Noros

Delgar watches her take the sword out of the closet.

"You should be careful with that, you'll hurt yourself. Oh and I came here because I don't want to be pulled into that fight thats probably going to break out any moment now."

He had barely said those words when they heard a woman's scream getting interrupted and the dull sound of a body falling to the ground. All kinds of noises now came from the room beyond the door, tables got thrown over, swords drawn and of course people yelling at each other.

Moments later steel clashed on steel, as the fight with the other patrons began and the door to the kitchen was thrown open, one ugly fellow in the soldiers uniform standing in it, leering at Tamara.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

"Oh for God sake..." Tamara muttered when the fighting broke out. She pulled the sword from it's sheeth and tossed it into the corner, slinging the blade over her shoulder. Turning back to Delgar, she looked at the sword on his back.

"Well, looks like its a little late for leaving. I hope that sword isn't just for show." She headed for the kitchen door stopping next to him. "Look, I know it's not your fight, but could you help? I can pay..." She started, but was interrupted by the door flying open. A soldier stood in the door wat with that all too familiar glint in his eyes. Tamara held up her sword defensively, her face stoic and emotionless.

"Sir, we don't allow patrons in the kitchen nor fights in the dining hall. I advise you to leave the Tavern and take you friends with you before I remove you forcefully."

Noros

He looked as she raised her sword towards the soldier, knowing she'd never survive even one hit, holding the weapon like this.

"Pay you say... now you're talking my language, lass". With those words he stepped forward, hand gripping the hilt of his sword above his right shoulder.

"You heard the lady. No patrons allowed back here, so you better get lost", drawing that sword slowy from its scabard. As the soldier swung his own sword towards him, he quickly stepped to the side, thrusting his blade forward at him, trying to catch him in the throat right above his armor.

Through the open door he noticed that one of the soldier had fallen to the blades of the defending patrons, but the other two were just finishing with the last one of them.

((Thats possibly my last post for today, maybe one more, otherwise expect me back in about 8 hours))

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Tamara's face pailed when the soldier dropped in front of her. Something warm and wet had splattered on her face, but she didn't reach up to touch it. She knew waht it was. She tried to her best to hide her uneasiness and peeked out the door. One of the other soldiers had fallen, but two remained. They looked towards the kitchen door and at the body of their commrade laying on the floor.  They stared down at him and then up at Her blood spattered face.

"You little wench." One of the growled out, stalking towards the kitchen door. Tamra back up, dropping the sword on the ground and looking up at Delgar. All traces of confidence she had held earlier were gone. "They're coming... Oh God, there coming!" She  did everything in her power not to scream when the door was shoved open and they both stood staring at her, malice in there eyes.

((Ok see ya later))

Noros

Delgar pulled the sword free, before the corpse hit the ground, already dismissing it from his thoughts. He turned around to look at the servant. She was trying to remain calm but he could see her quiver in fear as she walked to the door and peek out again. What was the stupid girl thinking?

Outside both soldiers just buried their swords inside the last of the fighters, then turned their attention to the door. They noticed a bloody face peeking through, and behind her on the ground they say their friend.
The older one of the two, the commander growled "You little wench", walking towards the door, and throwing it open.
The young serving girl had dropped the sword into the pool of blood and was backing away to the far side of the kitchen
He laughed at her as he took steped over the corpse and closed in on her.
"That was very stupid little one. But we will teach you manners yet. You'll regret the day you have been born!"

Delgar who had stepped behind the door at the moment Tamara dropped the sword and waited out of sight, saw how one of the two was already starting to unbuckle his swordbelt in inticipation of whats going to happen next.
"Not if I have anything to say about that"

With those words he smashed his sword into the commanders skull and rammed his ellbow in his companions face as that one was just turning around.

((Morning :) ))

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

amara held onto the counter-top, trying hard to stabalize herself and stop the tremors running through her body. She watched as the remaining two men were dispatched by Delgar and slid to the floor. She felt so foolish. She hadn't done anything but coware like a little child. She had been trained to defend this place. She knew how to fight, but she still couldn't do anything. She had let her fear consume her. Even now, knowing full well that the danger had passed, she still couldn't stop herself from being afraid. She wrapped her arms around her legs and held herself, trying to calm her nerves. She felt tears coming to her eyes and she bit her lip, keeping her head bowed so he wouldn't see her crying.

((Morning ^^... well night for me... :P sorry it's so short))

Noros

He quickly looked at the girl, who had all but rolled up into a ball in the corner, sobbing silently, before he bent down to the soldiers, making sure they really were no threat anymore.

He stood up agan, walking towards the guest room, sword still in his hand, opening the door and examining the mess in its full.
It must have started with one of them hitting Ma Delly hard enough to throw her halfway through the room against the counter. Then hell broke loose when the other patrons joined the fight, trying to defend her.

He once more bent down, realising the soldier was indeed dead already. He quickly searched through his belongings, taking his moneypouch and stuffing into one of his bags. Nothing else of interesst to find on that one.
After that he turned his attention to the 4 commoners on the ground, checking them for survivors, without success though, the soldiers knew what they were doing. Against farmers and tavern girls anyway.

Finally he turned around and walked over to the old woman sprawled across the floor, checking her for lifesigns.

((I'll leave it to you to decide if she lives or not))

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Reigning in her emotions, Tamara stood and wiped the ters from her face. She was so glad Delgar had not commented oon her loss of control. She checked herself mentally, making sure she was alright and then stepped out of the kitchen. The bar was of course in complete and utter dissary. Tables and chairs were broken, food and dishes lay strewn across the room and amidst all the rubbish were human bodies.

Most everyone seemed to be doing ok, which was a good thing, but when she saw Ma Delly laying unmoving on the floor, she bit her lip to keep from crying again. She watched as Delgar neared next to the woman and checked her vital signs, but she could tell from looking at the womans unmoving chest she had left this world. She took a deep breath and stepped closer, looking down at him to confirm what she already knew to be true.

Noros

Delgar cleaned his sword on one of the soldiers cloaks, leaving blood on the blade corrodes the steel after a while, before he sheathed it again.

He turned his head as he saw Tamara walk out of the kitchen, shaking his head slightly.
"Her neck must have snapped when she crashed into the counter", he said dryly.

He stood up again, taking a good look at the young woman, really studying her for the first time now. She wasn't too ugly he thought. Her brown hair disorderly hang from her head, framing her dark eyes which still seemed to glister with tears. Or maybe again, seeing her former mistress on the ground. Or was it maybe her mother? He did not know. 
Where she had tried to wipe the tears away, blood was smeared on her face now.
Yes, he thought she could actually be pretty in a way if she tried.

He put a finger under her chin, lifting it gently up a bit "It's over now, little girl. What is your name?"

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Tamara's teeth clenched together as she heard his explianation. She had died from a broken neck. 'At least she didn't suffer.' She though quietly to herself. Ma Delly had raised her from a achild, after the plague had claimed her real mother. Shee owed the woman her life. She felt the tears in her eyes threatening to spill over and closed them, letting one slip down her cheek.

Delgar lifted her chin up to look at her and she looked at him. He he looked to have a good 15 - 20 years on her 19, and they had been harsh ones. He had quite a few scars on his cheek, showing him to be a hardened warrior. She suddenly wish she was one. Had seen the things he had She would have been more useful and Ma Delly would not be dead.

"Whatis your name?" He asked her. It took a second for the words to register, but she finally answered him. "Tamara."

Noros

"I assume someone must have heard the ruckus in here. I guess you don't have a city guard here in your village that will show up any moment now? I wonder though what those guys were doing here"

He then walked back into the kitchen, assuming the girl would follow him or maybe run away, he did not care.
He knelt beside the commander and searched him for orders he might be carrying, or anything that would indicate what they're doing here. Unfortunately he didn't find anything, so he settled with taking his money again. Judging from the weight there were quite a few silver pieces in there. "He won't be needing that anymore"
He also took the second guys money, quickly searched him as well but finding nothing of interesst

Moving to the last corpse, to relieve him of his coins just to toss the pouch at Tamara (if she had followed him) "Here, you should take this".

From the front room he heard the door squeaking, followed by a muffled scream. Apperently the first villager had found the courage to check what was going on here.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Tamara follows after Delgar, not sure of what else she should be doing. She caught the purse he'd tossed to her and held it for a second before holding it out to him.

"I told you I would pay you. Their money is yours, and if it's not enough, I will find other means to pay you."  Other means. that was a laugh. She owned nothing, everything in the bar belong to Ma Delly and now that she was gone, it would all go to her son. She had no way of paying him anything, but she did own him her life. She was nearly positive that the silver in the pouches was not enough to be considered a real payment for him helping her. It was probably far less than he was used to.

She turned her head at the sound of another scream and bit her lip. Oh joy, how would she explain this to the village elders?

((I am so sorry it took so long to post. my net keeps dropping at random intervals for random amounts of time...))

Noros

Delgar nodded as he took the pouch back from her, just as he heard the scream.

"Do you think you can convince them it was not me that started this?"

He was the only stranger still alive, five of the villagers dead, one of them the owner of the tavern, almost by default a respected and liked person. And he was sure even the others had friends among the villagers.
He wasn't sure how they would react. Maybe this Tamara could convince them, but then again she was just a young girl.
They'd probably try to kill him just to make sure. Not that he thought they could, but he didn't fancy fighting his way through them, if he didn't get paid for it.

"If not, show me where the backdoor is"