News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Modern Romance RP's (Characters)

Started by JessicaHouse, September 17, 2019, 11:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessicaHouse

Hey there. I have a few characters I'd like to try out in modern romance RP's. I don't have specific situations for them, and am open to interesting pairings or situations. I just want to try these out.

Michelle: An 18-year-old young lady who loves video games and has just started working at a video game store. Michelle is kind and sweet, though sometimes oblivious of the fact that men are fawning over her. Whomever wishes to woo her will need to find a way to be romantic but also not too terribly subtle about their feelings.

Chloe: Chloe is a divorced woman who just got out of an abusive marriage, one that has left her traumatized. Since her husband was her high school sweetheart who forbade her from working, she is now trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life without him in it.

Daniel Broggs: A rich and powerful banking CEO who sits astride the world like a great colossus. He has worked and fought hard to get where he is, and is responsible for the employment of millions of people. As far as he is concerned, this is a noble calling, to bring the world into order and ensure that his employees have enough to feed their families. Though he is benevolent and donates much to charity, he can also be exceedingly ruthless. His somewhat cynical outlook on life has earned him few friends, and at 29 years old he is still unmarried. Could a whirlwind romance with someone from a different walk of life change his outlook on the world?

Vince: Right out of high school, Vince achieved his lifelong dream of becoming a fire-fighter. Having no home of his own, he lives at the fire station and is constantly on-call and ready to jump into any dangerous situation which needs his attention. He is brave, honest, and true, with an optimistic outlook on life. But is there something missing from his life? Something he hasn't previously thought of?

Jake: Becoming a police officer was not all Jake thought it would be. Growing up, he heard all manner of stories of cops catching criminals, saving lives, and generally being heroes. Now that he's a police officer, he's discovered that it's far more often just a bunch of paperwork, and when he's on patrol he is more often pulling people over for traffic violations than doing anything to save lives. He's looking for some real excitement in his life.

Charlotte: Also called "Snipes." Charlotte is a cutthroat prosecuting attorney dedicated to fighting crime in the court room. She has sent many a convicted felon to prison by pressing them hard for the evidence, or convincing them that the plea bargain she was offering was the best they could get. But her pursuit of her career has left her unable to pursue social or romantic pursuits.

Stacy: Life as a widowed, single-mother is difficult. Stacy lost her husband in the war a few years ago, and she's been struggling ever since. While her husband's life insurance policy and some checks from the government have helped her with some of the bills, Stacy has still found it difficult to raise her little Gwen on her own. Even so, she wouldn't trade her time with Gwen for anything in the world, and this is why she's become a teacher at Gwen's school. Stacy has occasionally thought about getting back into the dating world, but the pain of losing her husband, coupled with all she must consider regarding her daughter, has so-far prevented her from doing so.
In this RP, a relationship will only be held with the adult in the picture.
Per Elliquiy rules, I can only submit a link and cannot embed the image.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/78/d9/d978d92203a670bd6b4e028c3332bea3.jpg

Dr. Tony Drake: Once he graduated with a medical degree at the age of 26, Tony moved back to the small town where he grew up and became a pediatrician. Sadly, the girl who'd been his high-school sweetheart, who said she'd wait for him, ran off with another man years ago, leaving Tony all alone. Even so, he keeps an upbeat attitude because he's doing what he always dreamed of doing; helping sick children get better.

Paul: Three years ago, Paul's wife left him and his son, and they never discovered to where she'd run. Since then, Paul has struggled as a single father, working as an accountant for a firm in the city. He lives in inner-city apartments with his son, James, and tries to keep a smiling face for his son's good.
Paul is the only one who will be in a relationship. His son will not.
Per Elliquiy rules I can only post a link and may not embed an image.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/87/0a/dc/870adce61b518c63a4724ec8b695cf99.jpg

Victoria: Victoria is, in short, mentally ill, though the nature of her specific mental illness has eluded a number of different therapists. Some believe she simply has multiple mental issues. She speaks in riddles, gets obsessed with certain people or ideas, talks about spiritual experiences she's had (such as meeting Jesus and Buddha in the super-blackhole), and can switch from nymphomaniac to prude in seconds. She is an absolute enigma to many, and it's unclear if there's just one personality within her or many. Even so, she is always on the lookout for someone to love, caring little for whether they be male or female, young or old.

Mary: Mary is the only daughter of a church pastor, the younger sister of four protective brothers. She is also a lesbian. Contrary to what one might expect, her father is actually supportive of her sexual orientation, arguing that the Bible doesn't prohibit two women from finding love together, only two men. Even so, Mary has long been taught to save sex for marriage, and has kept true to this rule. Now that she is 18 she is looking to settle down with a good, Christian woman (rare as it is to find a Christian lesbian these days). She's also interested in seeing how far she can push the line right up to what would be considered "sex" between her and her girlfriend.

I should be clear that I do not want these RP's to be smut. There can be sex scenes where such scenes would make sense, but the sex scenes should be PG-13.

Little Darkling

Hi there!

I'm interested in a story with your character Daniel Broggs! :)

JessicaHouse

Quote from: Little Darkling on September 17, 2019, 01:05:46 PM
Hi there!

I'm interested in a story with your character Daniel Broggs! :)

Hello, Little Darkling. What sort of pairing did you have in mind? You have my interest.

Little Darkling

Quote from: JessicaHouse on September 17, 2019, 01:09:16 PM
Hello, Little Darkling. What sort of pairing did you have in mind? You have my interest.

I'll PM you :)

JessicaHouse

JessicaHouse

Quote from: razorbackxr on September 17, 2019, 05:29:51 PM
The cop and the firefighter both intrigue me. I have a character I haven't used often.

Patricia Wilika, Captain, USN SEALS, retired. She lost her entire team in Afghanistan, under circumstances she could not confirm. She has a particular set of skills that don't lend themselves to a low octane lifestyle, and the very personality traits that got her through BUD/S make her... unattractive to the opposite sex?

Pairing her up with Jake, the cop, could be interesting. How would these two meet, do you think?

JessicaHouse

That plot may be a little too "extreme" for me. I'm not looking to go super action-movie-ish.

JessicaHouse

JessicaHouse

EliFletch

I'd love to do something with Daniel or Vince if they are still open for pairings! I have quite a few characters that may work for either of them, just let me know if you're interested :-)