[Interest Check] Kingdom Hearts: Advent of the Crystal Blade [NC-E]

Started by Zadaris, January 23, 2011, 01:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zadaris

But darkness did cover the world once, in legend.

We know so little about the Keyblade War- only that it was just the beginning.

Three years have passed since the defeat of Organization XIII at the hands of Sora and his allies. It's remnants scattered, the worlds soon returned to the peaceful loving places they once were. Repopulating destroyed settlements, eradication of the Heartless, purging of the Nobodies and of course sealing of all the worlds open keyholes. The people rejoiced! After long strenuous effort a rescue operation has revived the once dark ridden world of Radiant Gardens. A celebration was in order! And not too soon as the world and its people were due to celebrate the Eclipse; an event that hasn't been able to occur since the disappearance of the Gardens. The festiviteis draw countless people from all over the universe; commoners, nobilty, warriors and kings.

But remnants of the shadows begin to move; entities that seem to enjoy the Eclipse a little too much.
Even the Radiant Gardens Defense Commitee is on edge.

Events spiral out of control and only a new generation of key holders and warriors can stand up to the flood of enmity. Those that call themselves... the 'Sons'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that's pretty much it for a quick opener. Yes, even I'm aware that the wording of the above certainly makes it sound a little cliché but then sometimes it's a good thing. I've decided on an NC-E setting for the overall story (this way theres nothing too extreme but our options are left open).

Any rules are, of course, fairly obvious:

- No godmodding. This means you!!!!
- No PKing. Fighting is one thing, death is my thing.  >:)
- Proper grammar, no l33t speek. But we all know this right?
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. As long as they're not repetitive and have already been answered numerous times >.>
- And of course the golden rule: Realize that this isn't an exact copy of the Kingdom Hearts video game series. While its in the same universe, and uses many of the same characters... Our RP is far more dark, and actually has blood, sex, violence, and a lot of death.

Its not all about love, friendship, and doing what's right either. So no, this isn't some kiddy Disney RP. Its very serious, and very dark.
In short, don't worry too much about censorship..   ;D

And to finish up his interest check a few features that will.... ehm.... feature!!

* PC's will be Original Characters as canon characters will be some of the, many, NPC's they encounter in their adventure. If you want ties to a particular individual or group, do feel free to ask.
* Initially, outside your PC, you may invent up to three NPC characters that tie in with your personal history. They won't be limited like your PC but of course be reasonable too. They will have known your character at some point throughout his/her life. Other characters met (NPC's, PC's) can join your 'network' but it'll be the first time they've met.
* A reputation system will be in place an allow you to make (lucrative) connections to various people throughout the game; e.g a goody two shoes warrior is hardly going to get the attention of a fierce loner by doing charity work around them. If anything that would bring negative relations.
* Worlds in the game will expand to include not only new Disney and Square based worlds but also ones based on Nintendo series (Mario, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem) and some anime series as well as original worlds. Your characters can be from original worlds too! However expanding to other extravagant worlds will only become privvy if the game expands large enough.

So I hope that's not too much to take in and that anyone who is gracious enough to read it (thanks in advance) may find themselves interested in the possibilty for such a large project.

;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Character Classes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keyblader - The Keybladers of Light. They fight for the love and honor of the heart.
- They cannot use Dark Elemental magic.

Way to the Dawn - Keybladers of Darkness, trying to make their way to the light.
- Cannot walk Corridors of Darkness.

Twilight Keyblader - Keybladers who are a perfect blance of Light and Dark. They have no particular allegiance.
- They can use any Element, but at max, they can only have "-ra" [Lv 2] Light/Darkness magic.

Way to the Dusk - Keybladers of Light who have lost their way, and chose to embrace the Darkness.
- Cannot fly Gummi Ships

Dark Keyblader - Dark from the start, these Keybladers embraced all that is evil.
- They cannot use Light Elemental magic.

Warrior - They fight with whatever they can get their hands on. Perhaps, one day, they can obtain a keyblade of their own.

Nobody - When one loses their Heart, they are nothing more than a literal shell of their former self. Those with weak Hearts become simple Dusks, however.... one with a strong Heart may maintain their former appearance.

Heartless - When one, who does not wield the Key, chooses to embrace the Darkness, their Heart is reaped from their body. If they have a Heart strong enough to still survive, the Heart takes the form of its previous owner.... forming a powerful being well aware of who they once were.
[Not Available]

--------------------------------------------------

Character Registration Form

Name: [Please be orignal yet reasonable. Last names aren't necessary]
Appearance: [Pictures preferred; easier to get an idea of your appearance this way. But if you're good at description, then be my guest]

Personality:

Home World: [Can be an existing world or you can make up your own]

Theme: [Something you feel represents your character. Optional]
Class: 

Weapon:
Name -
[-] Ability Name & Effect - What's your weapons ability? You can make 'em up of course.

Heart System: Depending on your actions you will either be blessed by light or consumed by darkness, L/D. The more good/evil things you do, the more your heart will change. Example: If Character A has a system of 10/90 and then murders somebody then it will become 5/95. You will be assigned a default based on your class. You can keep track of this on your own.

Light - 90/10
Dawn - 60/40
Twilight - 50/50
Dusk - 40/60
Dark - 10/90

Background Story: [Simple enough. Just be descriptive. Feel free to tie your histories together with fellow players and/or constructed NPC's]

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

OHWceta

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Zadaris

I'm putting together a sheet with all the necessary info for characters and I'll (hopefully) have it ready soon.

And of course, thanks for your interest.  ;D
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

Lightshock16

OHWceta

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

pendarious

are we allowed to swing alliances even if we hold a key blade?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Zadaris

Added Character Form to main post!  ;D

@pen: Do you mean can characters form alliances even as Key holders? Then yes! This will be, very much, a game of networking.  ;D

pendarious

no your classes pretty much answered my question......i was asking if keyblade holders could be good, evil, or switch between the two
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Zadaris

Quote from: pendarious on January 24, 2011, 08:33:31 PM
no your classes pretty much answered my question......i was asking if keyblade holders could be good, evil, or switch between the two

Damn my misinterpretation! But yes, alignments are very much a sliding scale. You could start good and turn evil, or vice-versa. Though repeated switching of sides will be nicely kept in check by the reputation system; if your allegiance jumps around characters in game will hardly trust you and you'll end up nowhere (which is too a place).

pendarious

*chuckles* i'm used to playing relatively evil characters so i had to ask........i'm not great at playing heroes.....that's just how i am

Zadaris

It's just so tempting be portray people clouded in mystique and malice. That and being a loony pyromaniac!  >:)

pendarious

i prefer the calculating types actually.......who only burn something down when it is beneficial.....unless they are so bored that they have nothing better to do.

OHWceta

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Lightshock16

Zadaris

Quote from: OHWceta on January 24, 2011, 10:10:48 PM
What do you mean by class?

Your class is simply whether you're a Keyblader (of varying alignment), a Warrior or a Nobody. Heartless. of course, are too powerful in the early game to use.

Quote from: Lightshock16 on January 25, 2011, 08:00:57 AM
So, should we post the character sheet here?

If you have one ready feel free to post it. If I can get enough interest for this to feasibly take off I can consolidate any profiles into a single thread afterwards.

Lightshock16

Name:
Mark Raptor

Appearance:
Height: 6'3
Weight: 205lbs
Eye Color: Green
Hair Colour and style: Dark Blond, styled in a slightly spiky way.
Skin Color: Fair
Tattoos/Piercings: A Tattoo of a Dragon Across his Left eye.
Clothing Style: Wears White Trainers, Dark Grey Denim Jeans, with a Gold Belt around it, a White shirt with Red stripes down the side's and the sleeves, and sometimes also wears a Black Jacket.
Posture: Tall and firm most of the time.
Righty or Lefty: Left-Handed

Personality:
Mark is usually a pretty happy person. he's fun-loving, and also one to enjoy life to its fullest, and always do things for entertainment. Sometimes though, particularly when he's down, he can be pretty cold, and sometimes even cruel and unkind, even though he usually doesn't mean what he says. He has a very big heart, and sometimes even cares for the well-being of people he doesn't like. He can though, have a temper problem at times, and it's usually better to stay away from him if he's angry.

Home World:
(Made-up) Valour Castle - A very Secluded world distant to the many other worlds. People who live there are taught 'the way of the dragon', a fighting style that Draws power on Mighty Dragon folklore that became legend in that world.

Theme:
This Fire Burns - Killswitch Engage {With Lyrics}

Class:
Warrior (Knows of the Keyblade's but has not (yet) obtained one, however he is perfectly happy with his Current weapon.

Weapon:
Name - Drakefang ( Image )
[-] Ability Name & Effect - Dragonheart - While Drakefang has many powerful and unique moves, Dragonheart Increases Mark's Strength, Magic, and Speed phenomenally, even giving him access to a 'Last Resort' move. He chooses only to use it if there's no other alternative though, as the Attack (known as Wyrm Force) leaves Mark completely drained and immobile afterward's.

Heart System:
(I presume this is given, so I'll leave this blank)

Background Story:
Mark, like everyone else who lived in his home world of Valour Castle, was taught Combat using the 'way of the dragon'. He was given his Drakefang sword by his father at the age of 12, and has held onto the weapon ever since, making sure to use and train with it every day. He developed many different Dragon-related Fighting techniques during his time in his home world, such as 'Draketongue', 'Dragon Wave', and also Draconic Fire Magic, though his training at Valour Castle was complete when he was 17 years old.

When people who reside in Valour castle reach 17, they have to face a special computer program that has been developed over the year's by the people who have lived here, where the young warrior's must do battle with the Computer, which takes the form of a Vicious Dragon. there is no danger of Death, but people are not permitted to leave Valour castle unless they have bested the computer simulated Dragon in battle.
Mark however passed the test first time, taking a few scratches it had to be said, but he managed to slay the Dragon with a Mighty Slash to the Dragon's neck, chopping the creature's virtual head off, thus allowing Mark to explore the rest of the universe.

Since that Day, Mark has left Valour Castle and never looked back. He spent the last year exploring all the different world's he could find, getting familiar with their different culture's and people, even though he knows there are still many more for him to visit. He has taken a particular liking to a world he found just before his 18th Birthday, 'Twilight Town'. When not exploring world's, this is the world he's usually found in. He is especially fond of the Ice Cream they do here. otherwise, He's just out and about the universe, looking for more adventure.

OHWceta

Are these ok?

Name: Ceta
Age: Unknown (deffinetly of age though, he's rather old.)
Appearance: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/RPs/CetaKH.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/RPs/ArmoredCeta.png

Personality: Curious, wise, patient, methodical, logical

Home: Birthplace unknown. He currently resides in his Laboratory which is its own tiny world orbiting Hollow Bastion/Radiant garden

Class: Twilight Keyblader, though pure in heart he has done some powerful experiments with dark power.

Weapon:
Name - The One Hit wonder (Keyblade)
[-] Ability Name & Effect - Zantetsuken, a Devastating cutting move that can cut through most targets in one slice.

Background Story: A former classmate of Ansem the wise, the two were close friends until Ceta went away to study another world. Upon hearing of the heartless problems in Radiant Garden Ceta returned to help his old friend but was too late. Now he continues his studies on darkness in his lab far above Radiant Garden. Recently one of his experiments went haywire and it's his goal to track it down before it poses a danger to the worlds.
--------------------------------------------
Name: Joxun
Appearance: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/RPs/Exile.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/RPs/Exilenobody.png

Personality: Cold, impatient, vengeful, determined, passionate, violent.

Home World:  Ceta's Laboratory

Class: Nobody

Weapon:
Name - Alpha
[-] Ability Name & Effect - Embrace Nothing, fills the enemy with dispair, weakening their resolve to fight.
Name - Omega
[-] Ability Name & Effect - Darkness Binding, Draws out the victem's innermost darkness and pits it against them.

Background Story: Juxon isn't really sure who he is or where he came from, he only knows that he's looking for someone, a pink haired girl who only exists in fragments of his broken memory, he doesn't know her name or where she is, but it's all he has, his reason to exist.

Name: Seraph
Appearance: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/RPs/Seraph.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/RPs/HeartlessSeraph.png

Personality: Dark, Cruel, Sadistic, Calculating

Home World:  Ceta's Laboratory

Class: Heartless
Weapon:
Name - Deathscythe
[-] Ability Name & Effect - Can afflict Death on target (From a Game standpoint, for the Forum RP it's useless). Also inflicts a random status ailment to the target.

Background Story: Seraph's memories are a mess, some he knows as his own but others, are of someone else. Tired of being a lab rat Seraph escaped his master (Ceta) to see the worlds he had found in fragments of his memories. As he traveled the worlds Seraph began to peice together his memories of his 'other life' the memories that weren't his, he realized then that he was incomplete, he would have to find his other half and absorb them into himself to become whole once more. This being he learned was his nobody. One more memory showed him where to look to find this 'nobody' of his, a pink haired girl, whatever drew him to her must also be drawing his other. The Search was on.

Name: Jade
Appearance: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/RPs/Jade.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/RPs/JadeNobody.jpg

Personality: Kind, Compassionate, Curious, Loyal, Stubborn

Home World:  Radiant Garden

Class: Nobody/Twilight Keyblader

Weapon:
Name - Star Sickle  http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/RPs/JadesKeyblade.png
[-] Ability Name & Effect - Range+4, Critical Up

Background Story: A nobody exposed to a keyblade but not completely destroyed, the keyblade's energy imprinted on the being but having no mind or heart made this affect useless. Ceta discovered the nobody being alone (usually weak minded nobodies are found in groups together). Ceta began to implant memories into the Nobody, soon the Nobody developed a strong will and took form, but this wasn't the woman Ceta had loved long ago, this was a copy in her image, but a younger self, created from old memories, and she didn't even recognize him. Being unable to bear the pain Ceta sent her away to live a better life among the citizens of Radiant Garden, unaware she'd find herself in a battle between good and evil. The Keyblade's energy imprinted on her body allows her to summon a keyblade.
Name: Juno
Background Story: Juno is known to most as Ceta's lost apprentice, but in truth he was a clone created by Ceta in his own image as an experiment, he ceased to exist when his heart was sepperated from his body, leaving his heartless and nobody roaming the world. Not a character, bio posted as a way to interconnect the others.

Zadaris

@Lightshock: Yeah everything about Mark seems fine. Just keep his weapons ability reasonable. Also, for Warriors, you can pick any alignment listed in the Heart system; they're named for being given as default to Keybladers but Warriors can pick which one best suits their background.

@OHWceta: Ceta and Joxun, and by proxy Juno, are fine; again as long as their abilites are used reasonably.

My only reservations are with Seraph and Jade; one because the former is a Heartless, a class that is unavailable, and both are mixed class keybladers to boot. Though I have said that the NPCs you create aren't limited (I assume Ceta to be the main PC, right?) I'd like to avoid mixing classes or else I'd have to make exceptions for others too. If this makeup remains essential to your characters personal story then Seraph and Jade will have to be relagated to minor parts until the game takes off significantly.

Simply put, Heartless and Mixed Keyholders are too powerful for the beginning. So if the above is ok with you, I'll accept them. If not, feel free to PM me and we can discuss things further.

I'll soon stick up a profile of a few characters myself. I'm liking the ones so far so hopefully we'll garner more interest from the rp starved public.  >:)

pendarious

well here goes i suppose

Name: Lenaria

Appearance:http://media.photobucket.com/image/dark%20anime%20girl/iamnothere/Anime/warriorgirl.jpg?o=51

Personality: she's a calm individual who is kind and gentle. She can be sarcastic and cynical but does not let her anger control her.

Class: Way of the Dusk

Home World: Zelpharor (made up)

Weapon:
Type: Keyblade
Name:Aegius Aurora
Design: (fallow the link and look at the sword)  http://download.minitokyo.net/Samurai.Warriors.437569.jpg

Ability Name and Effect: Bakuretsu Hyo_Chu_ (Exploding Ice Pillar) Unleashes a line of white energy for up to six feet directly infront of the user and freezes most objects caught in that line. The frozen objects are caught in a tall pillar of ice that then explodes causing direct damage to it and drops thousands of iceshards into the surrounding area.

Heart System: 40/60

Background: from a young age Lenaria trained to be a Knight in the kingdom of Elesordeou her home country and was knighted at the age of 17. She Had a dream after she was knighted a dream that fortold of the fall of the XIII apostles of despair. She also saw in this dream the oncoming onslaught of evil that would try to engulf the world of Zelpharor and thus went on a quest to find a weapon that would allow her to fight this foe. Her journey led her to the sacred temple on Mt. Elkind where the priest tested her merrit and she was granted the Keyblade Aegius Aurora. She trained herself day and night afterwards to prepare for the arrival of their foes. shortly after the fall of Organization XIII the nobodies and Heartless arrived. She fought with valor and honor alongside soldiers from many countries.

Three years of war with them passed and finally saw the evils banished from her world. However she had grown weary of this and her heart has slowly sank into darkness. slowly over these past few months since her 19th birthday she has begun to relish in darkness and accepts it. She believes her fall into darkness is near.

oh and i forgot the theme *sweatdrop*

Theme: xaki - rythm-changer
i hope this is ok

OHWceta

@OHWceta: Ceta and Joxun, and by proxy Juno, are fine; again as long as their abilites are used reasonably.
My only reservations are with Seraph and Jade; one because the former is a Heartless, a class that is unavailable, and both are mixed class keybladers to boot. Though I have said that the NPCs you create aren't limited (I assume Ceta to be the main PC, right?) I'd like to avoid mixing classes or else I'd have to make exceptions for others too. If this makeup remains essential to your characters personal story then Seraph and Jade will have to be relagated to minor parts until the game takes off significantly.
[/quote]

As for attacks I believe Terra has a similar ability to Ceta's in Birth By Sleep, and Juxon's abilities depend on the mind of the target as they only draw out memories.

Actually Juxon is my main PC, Seraph mostly exists to haunt him (And Ceta). Like Roxas, Jade is a Nobody of a Keyblade wielder, her retained memories of having a keyblade paired with the imprinted energy allow her to use one.

Lightshock16

Quote from: Zadaris on January 25, 2011, 11:35:17 PM
@Lightshock: Yeah everything about Mark seems fine. Just keep his weapons ability reasonable. Also, for Warriors, you can pick any alignment listed in the Heart system; they're named for being given as default to Keybladers but Warriors can pick which one best suits their background.

Lol I couldn't really think of the best way to describe his Sword's power...and by that I presume you mean like Good/bad/ Neutral? :/

Zadaris

Pen, Lenaria is perfect. So far all the histories are good among characters. Oh, love her theme too.  ;D

@OHWceta: Oh yes, I'm aware its one of Terra's moves (I used it alot on the unversed with the valves on their back). I just want to make sure that not all his attacks are one hit wonders lol. I understand Jade too, but Sora also holds Vens Heart within himself explaining the echo of the keyblade into his Nobody. But I'm being pedantic here; keep them reasonable and they're approved.

@Lightshock: The vague description of his ability leaves you plenty of room for it to be developed so its a-ok. And yeah, essentially good, bad or neutral.

Listen I know I've thrown around the word 'reasonable' alot so far (despite the game not starting yet) but I have had games on other forums in the past that had to switch to system because people were less than reasonable with freeform. Personally I love the freedom so if everyone shares my thoughts on this I'm sure it'll all go swimmingly.

If we can get at six or so dedicated players to the game I think I can start this up asap. ;D

Lightshock16

Quote from: Zadaris on January 26, 2011, 09:06:12 AM
@Lightshock: The vague description of his ability leaves you plenty of room for it to be developed so its a-ok. And yeah, essentially good, bad or neutral.

Listen I know I've thrown around the word 'reasonable' alot so far (despite the game not starting yet) but I have had games on other forums in the past that had to switch to system because people were less than reasonable with freeform. Personally I love the freedom so if everyone shares my thoughts on this I'm sure it'll all go swimmingly.

If we can get at six or so dedicated players to the game I think I can start this up asap. ;D

Probably good then. not a bad person in any way. lol

and yeah, if this has enough interest I'll try to be as dedicated as possible, sinc ei'm a big fan of Kingdom Hearts. :D

pendarious

thanks. and I hope we get enough interest and dedicated players.......i love KH though i'm not very good at it. I'll be as dedicatedas time will allow since i'm in college and all.