News:

Main Menu

Socks

Started by Oniya, October 06, 2008, 04:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Have you ever noticed after doing laundry that there is at least one sock that doesn't have a match?  Most people assume that it's because they've lost a sock somewhere, but that's actually not the case.  Today, when my husband pulled a pair of socks out of the clean laundry, he found two child-sized socks inside.  This solves the great mystery of all those matchless socks:  They're breeding!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

mwilson

dont be silly evryone knows that its the sock goblin that eats the other sock................ Your socks are lucky they must have hidden in the rubber untill the goblin left, thats how come they had a chance to breed :) :)

Inkidu

Sock goblin don't be absurd. The Dryer God needs his offerings. *Pishaw*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lilias

Just wait until I find the stargate at the back of the dryer...
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

Considering how the Stargate usually manifests, I'd hope it was in the washer instead...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lanzlo

No, it's the South Park Underwear Gnomes branching out. They've added a Step 1.5:

Step 1) Steal Underwear
Step 1.5) Steal Single Socks
Step 2)
Step 3) Profit

Inkidu

Quote from: Lanzlo on October 06, 2008, 06:36:12 PM
No, it's the South Park Underwear Gnomes branching out. They've added a Step 1.5:

Step 1) Steal Underwear
Step 1.5) Steal Single Socks
Step 2)
Step 3) Profit
I think they need to work on step two a little more. XD God I love that episode.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

wizeguy2182

Remember Family Guy? "Hey!! Gimme back my sock you goat b*st*rd!!"   :P

The Overlord

Quote from: Oniya on October 06, 2008, 04:24:02 PM
  This solves the great mystery of all those matchless socks:  They're breeding!

Which only proves the 'portal' is two-way.

I've got a theory that the spinning effect and EM fields from the dryer operating facilitates a crack in time and space, to another dimension which for lack of a proper name I shall refer to as the Elemental Plane of Socks.  :P

Oniya

Quote from: The Overlord on October 08, 2008, 10:42:21 PM
I've got a theory that the spinning effect and EM fields from the dryer operating facilitates a crack in time and space, to another dimension which for lack of a proper name I shall refer to as the Elemental Plane of Socks.  :P

Dammit.  I have to introduce that in a tabletop game now.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on October 08, 2008, 10:57:19 PM
Dammit.  I have to introduce that in a tabletop game now.
And bring about the WTF moment to end all WTF moments.

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on October 08, 2008, 11:06:17 PM
And bring about the WTF moment to end all WTF moments.

ROFL...Top Ten Signs Your GM is Piss Drunk.

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 09, 2008, 02:45:30 AM

ROFL...Top Ten Signs Your GM is Piss Drunk.
Right up there with having a bunch of buttbears attack your party in marmalade dungeon.

The Overlord

Buttbears eh? In all my years of dungeon-delving I've never seen that...tentacles yes, buttbears no.  ::)

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on October 09, 2008, 06:42:32 AM
Right up there with having a bunch of buttbears attack your party in marmalade dungeon.

Obviously, you haven't played Greyhawk recently. ;)

Mathim

Have any of you seen that show The Black Adder? It's an off-the-air BBC comedy starring Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) and in later seasons, Hugh Laurie (House). There's this one season where Atkinson plays a butler to the Prince Regent (Laurie) in the times of King George's madness after the American Revolution. The Prince Regent is complaining about always having no socks even though the butler (Atkinson) is trying to tell him about even more important things. The Prince is convinced that his socks are just magically disappearing, even though he says he purchases millions of pairs. So he says, "Socks are like sex. Tons of it about and I never seem to get any."
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on October 09, 2008, 10:51:22 AM
Obviously, you haven't played Greyhawk recently. ;)
Or never.