Way of the Wicked (System Game, Pathfinder, Adventure Path) -- CLOSED

Started by Anon315, May 27, 2014, 07:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

I'm waiting for Ghostwheel to suggest two groups. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

If the DM is only accepting 4-6 people, then one group is fine.

I'd bring something up if he were accepting more, but since he isn't, it's not a problem. Will be interesting to see who's accepted though.

Mnemaxa

If I had the skills, I'd run three groups, and have them interfere with each other on occasion behind the scenes. 

Then coordinate aq massive attack on a single good stronghold. 

Not even remotely plausible of course, but it would be amusing to try.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Blinkin

THAT would be interesting... perhaps if you could get a couple of more GM's to run the ohter groups and coordinate... but that would mean a lot of logistical effort and 3 groups in the same world with cooperative GM's... lots of headaches.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed, but also would be epic as if there would be large group of villains, they could aim to do various mayhem across the kingdom (one team going do nasty stuff north, one at capital and one in west etc). Different goals of objective but success or failure in each one affecting the organization as whole in region.

Rumm

That would be epic, could also specialize the parties, have them meet up and mix for creating tactical unites with skill sets specific to each mission...

Any particular reason against Synthesis? you don't happened to know FearlessFreddy do you?

AceSorou

Hope I'm not too late!

Name: Robert Hammerfist (Of the Hammerfist paladin family) but he goes by the name Robert the Wary.
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class: Ninja

Background: Born to a Druid outside of a village near Talingarde, Robert Hammerfist grew up hating his father, a Paladin of Mitra who was part of the Knights of the Alerion. While his birth was legitimate, and his mother and father were married at the time, Robert's mother, Alariana Hammerfist (formerly Alariana of the Glades) was seen by the village as a strange hermit, and by the way of her dress, a likely whore. They had believed that Robert was born out of wedlock, and while it was not illegal to have a child outside of marriage, it was still highly frowned upon.

The entire village shunned and antagonized Robert and his mother, and the others in the village treated Robert as if he were a bastard child. Despite his protests, and statements to the contrary, no one believed him when he said that his father was Damarius Hammerfist of the Knights of the Alerion. His mother encouraged him to have faith, that Damarius would one day return, and straighten everything out. For a while, he had his faith. He prayed to Mitra for to bring his father back. But over time, the daily torments and the unanswered prayers taught him that he could not rely on his father or his parents' God. When he was a preteen, his prayers to Mitra turned to curses, and he vowed to slay his father for making him and his mother outcasts.

As he grew in age, he began to hide from the other villagers in order to avoid their punishments. He became adept at sticking to the shadows better than any thief could ever dream to be. He became a phantom, silently stalking the darkness, and disappearing into thin air when the other children in the village attempted to bully him. Over time, he began to realize they feared him when they could not find him. He decided to turn that fear into a weapon. He began practicing with whatever weapons he could get his hands on, farming implements, darts and knives from the tavern, even weapons from the smithy, all were stolen to build a small arsenal of equipment he could use. He had built a close relation to his mother, the only person he could never hate, and she showed him what plants in nature he could use to survive, and what plants were poisonous, should he ever get lost in the woods. It was the latter that interested him more.

After successfully making a poisonous substance from the local flora, he began practicing his application of it, starting first with a dart. He planned to use this dart to do harm to one of the more prominent and vocal of his bullies. His trial run of the use of poison was an incredible success. He had cautioned the children not to chase him anymore, or their leader may never walk again. They laughed at him, and started trying to pelt him with rocks. When he ran, the biggest and loudest of the children followed, only for a dart to end up stuck in his neck. When the boy fell over, ill with an unknown sickness, the other children fled. His task done, he laid low to observe what happened to him. And sure enough, the boy was bedridden from the poison. He would survive, but Robert had achieved his goal, and instilled fear into the village's children. His mother, however, did not approve.

Alariana chastised Robert harshly for his actions. Robert argued that now, the village would no longer mock them and torment them, and they had nothing to fear from them. But his mother would hear none of it, and punished him harshly for his transgression. He could never hate his mother, but Robert knew he was no longer welcome. That night, he gathered his most favored weapons, and departed. Knowing he could never return home, he resolved to make good on his threat of vengeance against his father. He traveled to Talingarde, and quickly located the halls of the Knights of the Alerion. Silently, he began planning. He came up with a long lived plan of making a cover identity as a merchant, even setting up a stall in the marketplace, and becoming a relatively trusted member of the community. For five years, he kept up this charade, watching the patrols of the Alerion Knights.

Eventually, he managed to memorize enough of the duty roster and patrol routes to put his plan into action. He snuck in through where he knew the patrols were blind, and quickly located the rooms of the higher ranked knights. Sneaking into the room with his family name on it, he hid, and awaited his father. Eventually, Sir Hammerfist did come in, not knowing about the scarfed, hooded figure waiting in the shadowy corners of his room. Sir Hammerfist dispensed with his armor in preparation for sleep, and as he laid down, Robert dropped to the floor, coating a short sword with a paralytic poison, and a dagger with a poison that attacked the heart.

Robert stood over the sleeping form of his father, his dagger raised high in the air, and his sword held behind his back. However, as he brought the dagger down, Sir Hammerfist took a sword from under his pillow, and parried the blow, knocking Robert back. Damarius stood, his sword on guard. "Did you not think I would recognize that someone had unlocked my door, assassin?" Robert's response was silence, as he readied both his weapons. "You will not talk, assassin? Then die in silence!" He proclaimed. Damarius lunged forward, bringing his sword down, but Robert managed to dodge Damarius' blade. He brought his own weapon around, nicking his father in the stomach with his sword. The paralytic entered his bloodstream, as Robert evaded another strike from the paladin's blade.

Damarius' movements slowed, as the poison took him. Silently, Robert approached his father. Damarius tried to lift his sword, only to find that his arm would not respond. Robert held his dagger high, his eyes glaring at Damarius with anger and vengeance. He brought his dagger down to pierce his throat, but Damarius clumsily blocked it with his one good arm. The dagger sunk into his skin, and he shouted in pain, as the second poison entered his bloodstream. It was at that moment, the other knights came in, hearing their comrades cries.

What followed was a chase through the halls of Alerion. Using his swiftness and stealth, Robert managed to evade his pursuers for a long time. But just as he was about to be home free, he was spotted by one of the Knights' higher ranking members. He tried to evade them again, but this time, the knights managed to corner Robert before he could get away. Two of the paladins approached, took him by the arms, and unmasked him. They were shocked to see it was the kindly merchant that they had seen every day in the market. When questioned, their only answer was his silence. Seeing that he would not speak, one of the knights scowled. "Fine then, merchant! If you'll not answer for your actions, you shall answer for your crimes!" Led off in manacles, Robert only smirked in satisfaction, believing his vengeance was complete. However, he did not know the strength his father possessed.

Personality: Robert is a man of few words, and will not speak at all if confronted. He usually plans to himself, but if he feels his input would help anyone he's partnered with, he will not hesitate to speak his mind. Robert shows sympathy for those scorned by society, being an outcast himself, and will attempt to genuinely befriend them. He has no tolerance for the so-called "righteous upholders of justice," believing that true justice is only what you can carry out.

Robert abhors combat on equal ground, and would sooner ambush his enemies, and catch them off guard. He never fights fair, and always makes sure to take whatever advantage he can get. His favored tactic is to make his opposition fearful of him. He uses hallucinogens, ghastly imagery, and even the dead bodies of his victims to achieve this.

Rather than classifying him as one alignment, I think it'd be safe to say he's Neutral Evil, with Lawful Evil tendencies. There's only one person in the world he considers 'family' and that's his mother. Robert values his mother, but will not heed her requests. But no matter the circumstances, he will not betray his mother. Robert has no friends, but if he did, he would provide for friends, and expect to be repaid in some manner. He'd only have a few close friends, but he would never betray those he has. If he ever had a lover or romantic partner, he'd have them for life, and would remain loyal to them for as long as they were loyal to him.

Robert is not concerned with politics, and does not seek positions of authority over others. However, he does support the nation and the law when it's profitable to do so. If he becomes the law, he would use his position as another weapon in order to destroy whoever stands in his way. He values no laws in particular, only his personal contracts. The law is great when it's on his side, but if he's on the wrong side of the law, he will use any means necessary to evade justice, taking great risks if the payoff is great, and killing (or making an example of) whoever is necessary in order to advance himself.

Sexual Preferences: The only person in his life who has ever genuinely cared about him was his mother, and his mother was (obviously) a woman. Thus, he leans heavily towards being straight.

What I want from this game: I kinda want a side story between Robert and his father, Damarius. Maybe Robert will finally get his revenge, or maybe Damarius will make amends to his son for not being there when he was needed. Plot-wise, I hope that my character will unearth some knowledge or evidence that proves the Mitra-run organizations are just as ignoble and detestable as any villainous organization, simply because they advance only the goals of Mitra and his followers, and ignore all others because they're "not fit to worship." But above all else, I wanna have fun, and be on the other side of the DM screen for once!

Snake

I'd be interested in joining in if you've got space for one more.

Blinkin

And I think that's the last of the regular faces. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blinkin

I mean, that I think with your interest, we have all of the usual people who jump up for Pathfinder. The usual suspects, so to speak.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Anon315

Had a wedding this weekend, lots of family in from out of town. Thread revisions and comments on the morrow. Still open for 3.5 more days. Clock in first post.

Snake

Ah ok. Well I love me sum pathfinder but it's hard to find a game that can perpetuate itself.

Anon315

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 31, 2014, 10:43:14 AM
Hmmm, there are applicants already to form two or even three parties :P. I pity the GM from having to choose from all these nice applications.

I do too. I pity that fool. Oh wait, I am that fool. D'oh.

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Snake

Name: Wolf (its' what he calls himself preferring not to give out his real name which is Ragna)
Sex: Male
Race: Skinwalker (Witchwolf)
Class: Ranger

Background: Ragna was born as a skinwalker and lived in a small village, a normal type of childhood until he experienced a tremendous emotional surge and transformed.  He went on a rampage, hurting and even killing people until he was forced to calm down.  He was ultimately forced out to adventure on his own and more or less lost his way in life; turning to banditry to provide for himself.  He lived that way until he was caught and tried after an attempt to escape a manor estate after robbing it and killing it's master.

Personality: "Wolf" has a bit of a sociopathic personality, he can fake emotions and sympathy for others, but he doesn't truly feel it. And doesn't see anything wrong with taking what he feels he can take and keep. Lately he's been experiencing an almost unnatural amount of lust and is starting to see women as objects in the same light.  But his werewolf heritage gives him a sense of community and "of the pack" to which he's unquestioningly loyal too but currently: that consists of nobody. Being in prison and all.

Sexual Preferences: Heterosexual, Bestiality, Royalty
What I want from this game: To just enjoy it, I haven't played any good Pathfinder game.
Link to Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=914795

Anon315

All right, I have chosen the party. They are....

Drumroll Please...

And the winners are...

Building Tension...

Just getting silly....
Oh come on, it's not the 5th yet. But seriously, this is a very hard choice you people are making me, so I thought I'd make you suffer a little too. Sadism! Evil GM for an evil game. Two and a half days left to submit any other characters you might want to, make changes, appeal to my better nature (though I have none), or even submit characters if you were for some reason looking at this without having submitted something.

Faeli

*shakes fist!*  First Quest is to find an artifact that will enable giving the GM a spanking!

Anon315

He might like that! You never know. He's obviously a glutton for punishment, trying to find a group of 4-6 adventurers with this many awesome apps.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Still plan to submit a character, been a bit busy, will hopefully have him up tomorrow(for me still, Tuesday).

Blinkin

In response...

picking the locks

feeding the dog cheese cubes filled with puppy prozac

sneaking into the bedroom

grinning evilly at the sleeping GM

carefully... very carefully...

applies bright red nail polish to his fingers and eyeshadow to the eyes.... Hah!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mnemaxa

I have decided to post my background here, since the GM seems to have accidentally mislaid the one I emailed (though he got the characters).  So the mystery is unveiled. 

Name:  Jewel Fade.
Sex:  Female, like most her kind.
Race:  A Green Widow Changeling.
Class:  Summoner.  Jewel knows her Eidolon as Dragon Slayer, and when she has called upon her eidolon, a shimmering, glassy black crown symbol appears before her forehead as well as Dragon Slayer's.

Background:  Jewel is an orphan, found abandoned at the edge of the forest, swaddled and pale, her amber eyes and slightly pointed ears showing her half-elven heritage.  They did not reveal the other half of her misbegotten heritage:  she was spawned by one of the forest wraiths, a malicious fen-dwelling green-hag known to the locals as Jenny Green-Teeth, a drowner of children and exceedingly watchful over her spawn.  No family would take her, but fearing the hag's vengeance, they placed her in an orphanage to be cared for.  Her fey heritage was obvious, but she seemed gentle, even kind, and did little enough harm.  Eventually those who cared for her relaxed, and allowed her her freedoms, limited as they were to the orphanage grounds.  They underestimated the cunning of the child of Jenny Green-Teeth.  Her cruelties were hidden, tiny, cruelties masked as gentle admonition and the encouragement to despair and failure and self-loathing, tiny evils that turned good children bad, and bad children despondent, and though none knew, lead at least one child to throw himself from the roof of the church to die in self loathing.  But then she discovered a kindred soul whoic did not recognize herself as one.

Yelena was human, through and through, and a little bit more than plain:  too skinny, too sharp boned, stringy hair, gangly.  Jewel was enamored immediately.  She enticed, seduced, and coerced the daughter of the very devout headmistress of the orphanage she was interred at into an affair, and proceeded to convince the girl to defile the altar to Mitra during an act of passion.  Needless to say they were caught in the act just after Jewel had finished assisting the headmistress' daughter to urinate on the altar itself.  When they attempted to apprehend the two young women, Jewel called upon the gods for protection.  But not the gods of light and glory.  She called upon older, darker, Other Gods...who answered her calls with creatures of shadow and porcelain and eyes of gemstone.  They were defeated, though not without cost, and the two girls apprehended.  Needless to say, the headmistress daughter was "obviously tricked and mind controlled" by the "witch" (not entirely the case) and Jewel is scheduled to be burned as a blasphemer and witch while her lover - who should have been incarcerated as a defiler - pays a mere pittance in penance and regrets.  Jewel is known to be a spell caster, and has likely been shackled and gagged appropriately.

Personality:  Jewel hears voices.  Unlike most people who hear voices, the voices she hears are real voices - her mother's, and her Eidolon's.  She feels and has been told there is something wrong with the world, something has happened.  The rules have been broken, twisted by the god of light and purity, and the balance is broken.  Before now she has merely acted in quiet ways of corruption and little evils, and if her lover had been incarcerated to burn with her, there would have been no issue.  But the lies, the betrayal, the obvious favoritism have proven beyond doubt that the god of light and purity is a false god, followed by weak hypocrites and evil is hidden rather than exposed and made clear.  Her heart burns for revenge and she will she the balance righted...even if she has to destroy the entirety of it to do so.  Her mind is sharp and clear, and she is dedicated to her mysterious cause; she will cooperate with others who share her goals or can be said to be working towards those goals, even if they are not immediately useful to her own.

Sexual Preferences:  Jewel prefers the company of young women like herself (a touch fey, not entirely sane, and certainly not dedicated to the false gods of light and goodness), and she is a passionate and enjoyable lover.  Her tastes might run a little extreme for most ordinary people - masochism, bondage, sadism, marking and edge play - but she is attentive, never taking it further than just beyond her lover's limits.  She will use men and give pleasure to certain kinds of men, men who serve dark forces, but that is merely sex.  Love is what she make with her chosen lovers, and she will submit or dominate as they desire, being a switch.  She will not hesitate to include Dragon Slayer - or other, stranger things she can conjure - in her love-games; it is very obvious she sees Dragon Slayer as an avatar of whatever wild, shadow-born, ancient gods she worships...

What I want from this game:  I've never played a summoner, and I would like to have  Jewel's revenge played out - perhaps killing, or perhaps even rescuing her lover.  Playing a lawful evil character who is capable of love and joy, as well as destructive and cruel acts.  If the heroes get into a completely untenable situation, then to be able to become a true hag, give into her mother's dark call, and give her life in a valiant and ultimately doomed moment of glory.

Jewel Fade and Dragon Slayer

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Anon315

You know it's tough when you find yourself asking "will this work with 7?" Seriously. You people and your quality apps.

AceSorou

As a general rule, whenever I GM a module, and I have more than the module limits, I add one or two creatures to every encounter, and that seems to work to balance whatever issues I find out.

Anon315

Due to the nature of PBP I plan to hand wave several encounters. Basically any non-interesting fight. I might also hold 1 or 2 names on a list for the eventual "x has stopped posting."

I would love to not have that happen though.