Munchy munch munch munch *chomp* What is it?

Started by Trieste, April 25, 2009, 10:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

An ex of mine mentioned them.

A friend of mine just made a joke about going to them.

Munches.

What are they? (I am wary of goggle-as-sole-source, but am not actually involved in the local scene near to ... me...)

Considering how long I've been playing around with BDSM and its trappings, it's actually kind of embarrassing to be asking about what seems like such a basic thing, but here goes nothing.

*clicks post, then runs off to watch from behind a nearby bush or something*

Kip

*learnt something from wikipedia*

*feels a bit silly but can't contribute anything more*

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Ket

Ummm, its pretty much what wiki says. 

Different groups do things slightly different, but yeah, it's pretty much meeting in a vanilla place for socializing.  Typically at a restaurant or pub. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Trieste

Given how catty I have seen some of the online fetish community get, I was wary of trusting Wiki ... :/

Thanks, Ket.

Ket

-rolls eyes at 'online fetish community'- 

Don't let me get started on them.  Sure, great way to find local groups...but other than that...meh.  It's like combing five high schools into one and magically transforming everyone into a drama queen. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Trieste

Sometimes, it can be.

It depends on the community.

Ket

HairyHeretic

I'm aware of one locally here, but haven't been to it. From what I understand, it's pretty much as stated there ... a meet up in a pub for social chat with like minded individuals.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Captain Maltese

At its best it is a safe way to get to know local bdsm'ers, and to talk about bdsm without getting pressure to 'get upstairs and test things out' which there's a lot more of at the actual parties, for good or bad. Yeah, I've been to a few munches.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

consortium11

As Ket (and others) have said.

There was one in Oxford I went to a couple of times. Always at a respectable pub or restaurent, very much a social gathering. For a relative/complete "noob" like me it was a great way to first meet others in the scene and get a very gentle introduction to the scene and pick up "hints" for lack of a better word.