Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Could crossbows be included in the Falling Star favored weapons? I wanted to play a dark elf with hand crossbow(s), but then I realized you can only use longbows as-written.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I would prefer keep it as bow themed style than crossbow added to it. If you want go dual wield with hand crossbows with cowboy style then you need use likely rogue and go TWF route with them.

Wintercat

Thanks for the offer, but I'm sitting out on this one. Wishing you luck with it though and hope you have a lot of fun together. It looks quite interesting, but I am not going to try my luck with another large game, I've come to see my luck with those to be rather horrible.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 30, 2013, 10:04:31 AM
Well, I would prefer keep it as bow themed style than crossbow added to it. If you want go dual wield with hand crossbows with cowboy style then you need use likely rogue and go TWF route with them.

Yeah, but then I don't get the disciplines, so it defeats the purpose. I guess it's just a normal longbow, then.

NicciKotor

QuoteOk, the ghaele class is okay. Reason is that you are either OP to rest level 12 guys because your outsider traits (and so other guys must be given boost) or that your not full powered ghaele yet and go use class progression determine your actual powers.

I actually nerfed the holy hell out of her just to make it fair. At level 10 I got holy aura, which is a always active spell buff that gave me +4 ac and saves against all attacks, 25 SR, protection from evil, and melee protections. I got rid of all of that and went back to the original 7+HD SR value for Ghaele.

Ghaele do have very specific weaknesses. At level 12 I only have 9 hit die, so my hit points is only 96 from hit die and con. My spell casting is three levels lower than any dedicated spellcaster, so I cannot get into a magical duel with a 12th level wizard and do well. That and they get no armor prof., so I had a waste a feat just for that. I get access to divine spells but not channeling or domains or spontaneous curing that clerics enjoy.

I would also be more then willing to get rid of that weird light form ability and the gaze attack.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

kckolbe

Zaer: Will definitely use myth-weavers for the actual sheet, just wanted to post the attributes since Pathfinder and 3.5 apparently use different point buy systems.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: kckolbe on March 30, 2013, 11:24:24 AM
Zaer: Will definitely use myth-weavers for the actual sheet, just wanted to post the attributes since Pathfinder and 3.5 apparently use different point buy systems.

Indeed they do, myth-weavers have pathfinder charsheet so it handily counts stuff for you once you place stats down.

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 30, 2013, 11:13:28 AM
I actually nerfed the holy hell out of her just to make it fair. At level 10 I got holy aura, which is a always active spell buff that gave me +4 ac and saves against all attacks, 25 SR, protection from evil, and melee protections. I got rid of all of that and went back to the original 7+HD SR value for Ghaele.

Ghaele do have very specific weaknesses. At level 12 I only have 9 hit die, so my hit points is only 96 from hit die and con. My spell casting is three levels lower than any dedicated spellcaster, so I cannot get into a magical duel with a 12th level wizard and do well. That and they get no armor prof., so I had a waste a feat just for that. I get access to divine spells but not channeling or domains or spontaneous curing that clerics enjoy.

I would also be more then willing to get rid of that weird light form ability and the gaze attack.

Yeah, but in counter advantage you got some good stuff. So you got weaknesses and I am fine with it. Anyways you cannot trade gaze attack nor the light bulb form :P.

Re Z L

Darn, no more Synthesist  :-(

Time to think up a new idea!
A&A

NicciKotor

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 30, 2013, 11:27:02 AM
Indeed they do, myth-weavers have pathfinder charsheet so it handily counts stuff for you once you place stats down.

Yeah, but in counter advantage you got some good stuff. So you got weaknesses and I am fine with it. Anyways you cannot trade gaze attack nor the light bulb form :P.

I'm not trading, I'm fine with getting rid of them all together to nerf myself even more.

Plothook is far superior to mythweavers. Plothook can close unused weapon and armor slots, making the sheet more condensed and efficient. It can also close the entire spellcasting segment of the sheet, which not every class uses.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Re Z L on March 30, 2013, 11:30:16 AM
Darn, no more Synthesist  :-(

Time to think up a new idea!

You can still be summoner. The elves get reduced summoning time for their eidolons. Just after 9 levels you can summon him as normal full round action (and so allowing summon minions via summon monster first and then eidolon).

You just need play the summoner role more in traditional way :P.

PaleEnchantress

Eisheth Zenunim (House Vyshaan)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Fey'ri Witch (Winter) 7/Hathran 5

STR: 8 DEX: 12 CON: 12 INT: 20 WIS: 8 CHA: 16

Eiseth is one of the oldest Selutaar in house Vyshaan who posessed otherworldy blood from birth. It is not the deamons but instead the enigmatic shadowfey that previously held so many of house Vyshaan's pacts. His Icy beauty is said to be able to freeze a man's blood and stop his heart. Eisheth has seen the deamonfey Selutar gain power rapidly, and has become bitter over the waning influence of the unseelie abominations. He and his vassals fight, beguile, and barter to bring Aryvandaar firmly under control of the dark fey and make Eisheth the final arbiter. Eisheth feels the true reason the deamonfey have gained so much power is the patronage of the fallen solar Malkizid. Even if Eisheth had the power to dispose of Malkizid, which he doesn't, he wouldn't want to. The fallen one is too powerful a tool to just get rid of. If it can be managed Eisheth would bring Malkizid into a partnership. To this end Eisheth has been working to gain the attention and favor of The Queen of Air and Darkness. Her power is far greater that even Malkizid's and she could certainly persuade him if Eiseth cannot.

The Selutaar's main form is that of a rare creature called a cecaelean. A strikingly beautiful moon elf bearing Eisheth's visage void of the demonic features with a lower body of shimmering octopus like tentacles. The Archwitch has great control over arctic and aquatic environments. The sea and all it's spoils bow to his power, few would dare even think of assaulting the peninsula cathedral of Eisheth by way of water. Some of the younger mages, temperamental tieflings, and brutish demons scoff at the idea that a bunch of faeries could be a threat. The more knowledgeable beings know that the unseelie blend some of the most terrible aspects of the shadow plane and far realm within Pandemonia. These elves give Eisheth a token measure of respect and  support in order to keep a close eye on what he is doing.

A few things will need to be discussed, but this is a basic outline of what I was thinking. I intent for Eisheth Zenunim to be one of the movers and shakers within the campaign. I know some people are happier on the sidelines but I don't see that in Eisheth. I really hope I wont have to change him to female in order to get some action.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Well, not sure of others sexual preferences but you know mine as I am not comfortable to write MxM material. If he would grow pair of tits then he could be more approachable for me to accept :P. But joking asides the char background sounds okay although I presume you use a faerun player's guide for Hathran PrC correct?

If so I could work some house ruling adjustment for it to fit it for pathfinder.

NicciKotor

Here is a good read for other players to exploit me with. A 12th level wizard or cleric could easily control me given the proper resources and time:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/outsider-categories

QuoteAzatas

Those who follow the precepts of freedom, individuality, and goodness find that summoning azatas is the best course in finding extraplanar allies. Few azatas agree on the particulars of specific issues, but they are determined to see evil’s defeat. Azatas are whimsical but determined, and recognize that the best way to bring good to the multiverse is not by enforcing their desires, but by example and word. Except for lillends, azatas have DR overcome by cold iron and evil weapons. They are immune to electricity and petrification; lillends are additionally immune to poisons of all sorts. The magic circle needed to summon an azata is made of cold iron.

QuoteElysium (Chaotic Good)

A vast land of untamed wilderness and wild passions, Elysium is the plane of benevolent chaos. Freedom and self-sufficiency abound here, personified in the azatas native to the plane. In Elysium, selfless cooperation and fierce competition clash with the violence of a raging thunderstorm, but such conflicts never overshadow the lofty concepts of bravery, creativity, and good unhindered by rules or laws.

Elysium has the following traits:

Divinely Morphic: Deities with domains in Elysium can alter the plane at will.
    Strongly Chaos-Aligned and Strongly Good-Aligned
    Enhanced Magic: Spells and spell-like abilities with the chaotic or good descriptor are enhanced.
    Impeded Magic: Spells and spell-like abilities with the lawful or evil descriptor are impeded.

I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to the little guy fighting against the evil government or some lich or maybe even a dragon! Give me a good sob story about being repressed and I'll happily use my vacation miles to help you along to smite evil and rescue maidens and mysteriously cause explosions.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 30, 2013, 01:43:31 PM
Here is a good read for other players to exploit me with. A 12th level wizard or cleric could easily control me given the proper resources and time:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/outsider-categories

I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to the little guy fighting against the evil government or some lich or maybe even a dragon! Give me a good sob story about being repressed and I'll happily use my vacation miles to help you along to smite evil and rescue maidens and mysteriously cause explosions.

I don't see it happening. Between SR and the double digit will save I don't really see you not making a save vs suck on will saves..which means a lot of what  you just pointed out won't work on you.

NicciKotor

Read the planar binding rules. If they can find out my true name while I am out and about on the material plane introducing myself to people with my true name, then they get a buff to the binding spell. Along with additional buffs from using the correct material in the binding circle and other protections.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 30, 2013, 02:02:40 PM
Read the planar binding rules. If they can find out my true name while I am out and about on the material plane introducing myself to people with my true name, then they get a buff to the binding spell. Along with additional buffs from using the correct material in the binding circle and other protections.

I have read the rules..and I'm sorry.. none one as old as your character would be giving out her true name.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 30, 2013, 01:43:31 PM

That depends entirely does any players want play with you or not. So far most folks do not want play with you and seems you may end up into solo thread. But if your char is really dump of a ghaele (which is not shown statically), then I make sure some NPC's would exploit your true name and make other abusive use of your char.

But I otherwise agree with Callie that normal cases no ghaele of your age would knowingly reveal true names to mortals (at least lore wise). She would not be let out from her home plane if she is that dumb (as it would allow even evil aligned chars control ghaele). But as it's your char and you decide how you play her I do not force you change the concept :).

RubySlippers

Okay wanted to mull this game over and have an idea for a character an Exalted Druid under the Voluntary Life of Poverty (has lots of benefits in the Exalted rules) walking the wilderness a creature of nature itself. Likely a noble but well surrendered the path formally a long time ago but still heads the family for the negotiations and plotting as well - the eldest. I picture her being formally in the line of succession to rule all elves but openly gave that right up since her path is different.

I have ideas for her being the NG one that seeks to avoid all out war, at least until the dark elves show their ties to infernal powers then am not sure how she will fall when open war is inevitable. I might have her mover to withdraw to unknown lands in the end but she could fight depending on the will of her deity.

I thought it would be different a noble that is poor at court in simple clothing and shuns wealth to serve her deity. She is not going to be a pacifist mind you just replies on her divine powers and mighty gifts.

Kolbrandr

Ruby, if it helps, and though I'm playing a character that would be trying to change that up, Ilefarn stays mostly neutral throughout the canonical crown wars (which is as much Aryvandaar trying to conquer everyone in reach as people taking runs at dark elves) other than secretly giving various groups of the Miyeritari elves places of sanctuary to flee unto. So you could always be based there.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  I still haven't had the time to do all the recommended reading, yet, but I am starting to piece together a character concept.  I'm thinking I'll be a Fey'ri Summoner, and in terms of characterization, I'm thinking she'll be someone who can see the writing on the wall in terms of what the Crown Wars will mean for Aryvandaar.  She'll basically be of the opinion that the people in charge in her home nation are starting to cross that fine line between arrogance and insanity, and will be trying to figure out for herself what she's going to do about it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 30, 2013, 03:08:53 PM
Hmm.  I still haven't had the time to do all the recommended reading, yet, but I am starting to piece together a character concept.  I'm thinking I'll be a Fey'ri Summoner, and in terms of characterization, I'm thinking she'll be someone who can see the writing on the wall in terms of what the Crown Wars will mean for Aryvandaar.  She'll basically be of the opinion that the people in charge in her home nation are starting to cross that fine line between arrogance and insanity, and will be trying to figure out for herself what she's going to do about it.

You know.. I could see Rhea getting behind that attitude a lot. A case of 'gaze exceeding grasp' eh?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 30, 2013, 01:54:19 PM
I don't see it happening. Between SR and the double digit will save I don't really see you not making a save vs suck on will saves..which means a lot of what  you just pointed out won't work on you.

It wouldn't surprise me if Eisheth Zenunim could beat her save and sr with some regularity. The SR especially would be negligible. I'm almost certain that he would find her more annoying than anything so is unlikely to take that role.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Well, exalted druid works. Also if you gave up being 'noble' you do not get freebie leadership and landlord feats. But you would still have noble blood and considered one whenever you bother visit the court. Anyways check Seldarine/Elven Pantheon for god which suits your char. At this point of time elves worshiped only elven gods.

Besides elves there is dwarves too in the setting but they did not take anyway part in Crown Wars (although dark elves later when they transformed drow started harass them).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on March 30, 2013, 04:04:12 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Eisheth Zenunim could beat her save and sr with some regularity. The SR especially would be negligible. I'm almost certain that he would find her more annoying than anything so is unlikely to take that role.

Rhea CAN beat it.. she's a very powerful arcanist crafter with a very impressive intelligence.  I'm just pointing out between a will save in the TEENS and SR it isn't a guarantee considering the MULTIPLE actions needed to bind an extraplanar type.