Arpeggio of Blue Steel Recruitment Thread (new Players welcome!)

Started by Mac84, January 16, 2014, 08:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirit weiss

I was thinking an Iowa class since I was working on one for a super navel wars role play, but would I also be able to use her Gambling partner since the 2 of them are amusing together.

Anya Schwarz - Battleship NJ Mental model.
Theodore Schwarz - One a bet, named her after his deceased sibling because he didn't enjoy calling her New Jersey.
I am life, I am love, I am dreams, I am freedom.
I am silver god Theo!

I am death, I am indifference, I am reality, I am oppression.
I am gray god ell.

Mac84

I'm sorry, but I can not allow an Iowa Class. Those are reserved for Fleet Flagships for the North American Fleet of fog ships.

The Fleet composition for this Game is WWI, WWI-Refits/"Modernized", Pre-WWII Designs. These ships are looked at as Deadweight. Hence why they're left in positions of Abandonment.

Generally the cut off time is about 1937-38 roughly. Though you're open to any ship class (Destroyer, Supply Ship, Submarine, Cruiser (light-Heavy), Battleship, Aircraft Carrier)

spirit weiss

I am silver god Theo!

I am gray god ell.

Sessha

Sadly that name has already been taken in the series proper.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Mac84

No, she has been transformed into a Little Girl's Teddy bear.

Most of the Japanese ships have been claimed by either the Manga or one of the other players.

However, you're not restricted to Japanese only. You can go with German, British, Italian, russian, just about any Nation that had a navy during this time period.

Since this story follows the Mangas more than the Anime. that would be a good place for research. Plus it is much better than the Anime.

The only three british vessels that have been spoken for are Repulse, Hood, and Vampire.

The Bismarck also is mentioned in the Manga so she is out as well.

spirit weiss

Oh so no playing as canon ships. that's neat. I only asked because I didn't know if you were doing canon ships as well.

I only know about Japanese, and United states ships.

What about created an original ship from those classes?
I am silver god Theo!

I am gray god ell.

Sessha

Your call on that one Mac. I mean the registers for the world navies at that time are quite large (esp. The US.) Though the Japanese had one destroy class that had like twenty of them.

Sessha

Here is a place you can look up the names of different ships to use for the Japanese anyway. http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm

I haven't found one of the US or British navy sadly.

pendarious

wikipedia is pretty good about having the ships for the varying navies if your extremely clever about your wording
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Mac84

I would like for it to be a ship that actually existed as Blue Steel is doing that with its ships.

So you can chose any ship from any class so long as it fits the Selection criteria.

So since you mentioned Kirishima, All the Kongo Class ships has been called for in canon form. Hiei will be appearing in one of the Movies that do out this summer.

Now if you chose a ship, (example USS Atlanta), and play it, and later it shows up in Canon, we'll disregard that appearance, and figure best way to incorporate it into our story. I will not make you drop your ship should she appear in later canon.

Major Major

I tell you what, Spirit Weiss, I'm a bit of a naval buff, so why don't you tell me what category of ship you want to play, and which navy you'd like it from, and I'll look up a few choices for you to consider.

pendarious

the major is a great source for navy info If I had to be honest he's my go to guy for navy stuff if it's not related to Japan or the US
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

spirit weiss

At the moment I am interested in Battleships, Military [doesn't matter.]
I am silver god Theo!

I am gray god ell.

Major Major

Battleships, hmm? There's a lot of them, so I'll only list a handful that we could use, starting with Japan and the UK.

In no particular order, we have:

JAPAN
Yamashiro (Fusou-class)

GREAT BRITAIN
Renown (Renown-class)
Revenge, Royal Oak, Resolution, Ramillies, Royal Sovereign (Revenge-class)
Queen Elizabeth, Barham, Warspite, Malaya, Valiant (Queen Elizabeth-class)
Iron Duke (Iron Duke-class)
Centurion (King George V (1911)-class)
Nelson, Rodney (Nelson-class)

I'll list the German, Italian and Russian ones next time, once I've gotten the relevant details.

spirit weiss

so far I read three of those, and only the renown, and the Nelson-class have interested me. the Fusou-class Isn't standing out much.
I am silver god Theo!

I am gray god ell.

Major Major

PART 2

RUSSIA
Petropavlovsk/Marat, Poltava/Frunze, Gangut/Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiy, Sevastopol (Gangut-class) The first name is their names in Imperial Russian service, the second is the new names under Soviet control.

GERMANY
Schleswig-Holstein, Schlesien (Deutschland (1903)-class)
Scharnhorst, Gneisenau (Scharnhorst-class)

ITALY
Conte di Cavour, Leonardo da Vinci, Guilo Cesare (Conte di Cavour-class)
Caio Duilio (Andrea Doria-class)

Next is France, and other minor powers.

Major Major

PART 3

FRANCE
Paris, France (Courbert-class)
Bretagne, Provence, Lorraine (Bretagne-class)
Dunkerque, Strasbourg (Dunkerque-class)

CHILE
Almirante Latorre (Almirante Latorre-class)

There are lots of others too.

Eliteempire

Mac84

Yes it is. ;D

Any questions you would like to ask?

Eliteempire

Kinda, I also only found this site via this Thread. Also before hand, I've Finished the Anime however I have been unable too read the manga but can wiki stuff.

1. Must all mental units be female? I only ask because I'm kind of iffy playing as a female, and German Warships are referred too as male if I remember correctly.
2. What ship's have been taken already?
3. What are the requirements too be part of the Rp exactly?
4. How far into your Rp have you all gotten? I'd hate too join mid way and ruin something.

Major Major

In order of asking:

1. If there are any male Mental Models, we haven't seen them yet- Bismarck has shown up, and is a pair of females.

2. All the ships mentioned in canon have been taken already, as have USS Arizona, USS Texas, HMS Effingham, RM Zara, SMS Bayern, HIJMS Shimakaze, HIJMS Fuso, RFA Abbeydale, and a few others I cannot recall off the top of my head.

3. Just post whenever you can

4. At the moment we're cleaning up after a battle, so you might want to wait a little.

Eliteempire

1. Would that a be a No no then, sense its not been proven or disprove yet? And Bismarck is a female ;-; Germany noooo.

2. Have Both PA-class warships been taken yet or is that too high of a class allowed for PC's?

3. Awesome

4. How long do you think that may or may not take as I've not actually used such a large board before. All the other ones have been at max maybe 20 people.

Avalon29

For number 2 the Arizona has already been taken although the Pennsylvania is free at the moment unless one of the others have something planned that they haven't shared yet. If you want a different ship the only requirement is that it be before WW2 pre-1940s would be best. If they were refit during that time its fine just as long as it was constructed earlier than WW2.

Major Major

So, I think that means that the Scharnhorst and the Gniesenau are available, if you want a German capital ship.

Eliteempire

Major, sense from what I've seen so far. Could you perhaps help me with picking one of the ships then? I know a lot about Carriers and Fletcher class, Tanks and Air craft. But nothing for Navy... What would be a better pick the remaining Pennsylvania - Steel state is best state - Or another? I prefer heavy firepower and armor without regards for Speed and only some fear of Subs.

Also, As for my other questions?