News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: SneakyGuy on September 20, 2012, 11:09:43 AM
Hardly great against Ez, since Ez usually gets QSS and can flash away from him.

Fiddle support has no sustain for the AD, which means that if you play on the offensive, you'll have less problem. Also, if you see Fiddle support, an unexpected but working move is to get Zyra support, Can't scare those flowers, heh heh.

I haven't seen a Ez get QSS in over two months. It's all about your prefered flavor as far as support goes, if I'm looking to have my jungle sit bot and camp for kills, fiddle is awesome. I had a support zyra a couple of games ago and all they did was steal farm with their flowers and land the occasional snare, that was about it.

yaracyrrah

I have a n00b question.  Because I suck, the champion I'm best at (that I know of so far) is Lux, because I can stay back out of kill zones but still be useful.  I know what items to buy for her, more or less, but what I don't know is what order to buy things at the very beginning.  Start with Doran's Ring in hopes of getting early kills?  Rush for Tear of the Goddess to start building max mana?  Or just get boots?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Yarac Yrrah on September 22, 2012, 09:07:09 PM
I have a n00b question.  Because I suck, the champion I'm best at (that I know of so far) is Lux, because I can stay back out of kill zones but still be useful.  I know what items to buy for her, more or less, but what I don't know is what order to buy things at the very beginning.  Start with Doran's Ring in hopes of getting early kills?  Rush for Tear of the Goddess to start building max mana?  Or just get boots?

Depends if you are mid lux or support lux really. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

yaracyrrah

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 22, 2012, 10:40:22 PM
Depends if you are mid lux or support lux really.

Okay, so what should I do in each of those cases?

Shjade

Well, for support I'd think probably move toward an early philo and boots before thinking about AP. Probably won't be picking up a Tear anytime soon either.

For mid Lux, spam /laugh.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Panduhmoanium

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=20762

This is a great guide for a Mid Lux. This is pretty much what I'd run if I played her. For a support lux, I'll come back and list out some items later on when I have some more time.

yaracyrrah

Panduhmoanium

Alright, did some digging while I was at work and this is what I came up with -

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=13660

Give it a look, I didn't read into it much though it looks quite comprehensive and should give you every bit of information you'd ever need to support with her.

yaracyrrah

SinXAzgard21

Shjade

First impression of Kha'Zix upon trying him during free week:

Bug does stupid amounts of damage. Jeebis.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Panduhmoanium

Khhazix is a pain in the ass to deal with when he has his ult and/or red. So many slows.

Finally got into gold rating yesterday, though! :D war hero Janna skin is mine! MWUAHAHAHA

Le RandomBloke

Extremely late to the party, but if anyone plays on the EU-west side, my ingame name is xXxDarkMagician420xXx2001. o>

Oh and Draven master race, just so you know.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Le RandomBloke on October 19, 2012, 11:30:09 AM
Extremely late to the party, but if anyone plays on the EU-west side, my ingame name is Gentleshark. o>

Oh and Draven master race, just so you know.

I think Aiden needs to put this in the topic of the thread....  Hello Random, summoner names are not allowed to be posted in public areas where unapproved members can see.  We all have done it, we are just trying to prevent it from happening anymore. 

Ryven

Le RandomBloke

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on October 19, 2012, 12:48:34 PM
I think Aiden needs to put this in the topic of the thread....  Hello Random, summoner names are not allowed to be posted in public areas where unapproved members can see.  We all have done it, we are just trying to prevent it from happening anymore.

Heh, any particular reason for this? Hacking attempts I suppose? Don't really fear them myself but fair do's.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Le RandomBloke on October 19, 2012, 03:28:45 PM
Heh, any particular reason for this? Hacking attempts I suppose? Don't really fear them myself but fair do's.

Considered personal information. 

Mitsu

I've always found this game to be pretty interesting. After watching some matches on youtube, and hearing other people talk about it, I'm intrigued. I do have a few questions.

What's the learning curve? I've been able to pick up some things about the gameplay from watching it, but I won't dare claim I know much of anything. The item system in particular seemed interesting, but complex.

What's the overall network environment like? Lots of laggers and latency, or pretty solid?

I understand it's a free to play game. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can purchase other characters. Are these characters available via unlock through other means, or purchase only? Does this unbalance the game in any way?

I know with any gaming community it's a tossed bag, but how friendly and open is the community towards new players? Would I be alright to go in solo, or should I find some people to help me out?

Thanks in advance.

yaracyrrah

Quote from: Mitsu on October 20, 2012, 06:37:46 PM
What's the learning curve? I've been able to pick up some things about the gameplay from watching it, but I won't dare claim I know much of anything. The item system in particular seemed interesting, but complex.

Roughly speaking, there are three difficulty levels: beginner bots (AI), intermediate bots, and PvP.  You can learn to hold your own against beginner bots pretty easily--maybe in a single evening, certainly in a week.

The item system is complex, but you don't have to understand it in depth to play, even at intermediate.  Finding a good item build for any given champion is as easy as Google.

QuoteWhat's the overall network environment like? Lots of laggers and latency, or pretty solid?

Pretty solid.  I have a very slow computer, so I get lag-killed once ever few matches, but my friends with real gaming machines rarely have any trouble.

QuoteI understand it's a free to play game. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can purchase other characters. Are these characters available via unlock through other means, or purchase only? Does this unbalance the game in any way?

Any character in the game can be unlocked using IP, which are earned simply by playing.  Real money is merely a shortcut.  And there's a new set of free-to-try-this-week champions every week, so with patience you can always try a champion before you decide whether to spend IP on it.

QuoteI know with any gaming community it's a tossed bag, but how friendly and open is the community towards new players? Would I be alright to go in solo, or should I find some people to help me out?

I've been impressed.  Many players are actively friendly.  In bot games, most players will simply ignore and work around incompetent teammates rather than flame.  I suspect that PvP would be less forgiving, but I haven't tried PvP with strangers yet.  Even against bots, I would recommend starting with at least one friend (as I did) to show you the ropes.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like my username.

ETA: I just remembered that unapproved users can't access PMs.  But assuming you become approved, feel free to PM me :) .

Mitsu

Quote from: Yarac Yrrah on October 20, 2012, 07:04:00 PM
Roughly speaking, there are three difficulty levels: beginner bots (AI), intermediate bots, and PvP.  You can learn to hold your own against beginner bots pretty easily--maybe in a single evening, certainly in a week.

The item system is complex, but you don't have to understand it in depth to play, even at intermediate.  Finding a good item build for any given champion is as easy as Google.

Pretty solid.  I have a very slow computer, so I get lag-killed once ever few matches, but my friends with real gaming machines rarely have any trouble.

Any character in the game can be unlocked using IP, which are earned simply by playing.  Real money is merely a shortcut.  And there's a new set of free-to-try-this-week champions every week, so with patience you can always try a champion before you decide whether to spend IP on it.

I've been impressed.  Many players are actively friendly.  In bot games, most players will simply ignore and work around incompetent teammates rather than flame.  I suspect that PvP would be less forgiving, but I haven't tried PvP with strangers yet.  Even against bots, I would recommend starting with at least one friend (as I did) to show you the ropes.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like my username.

ETA: I just remembered that unapproved users can't access PMs.  But assuming you become approved, feel free to PM me :) .

Thanks for the through response! You've definitely tipped me further in the direction giving this game a shot. It's free, so what can I lose, right?

Also, thanks for the offer! I've caused some waves in my intro thread, so I'm not optimistic at this point about my approval. Still, I really appreciate the offer, and should I get approved, I'll likely take you up on it.

Sabby

The Leagüe and I (Lady Gaga Parody) - JonTron

Thought actual LoL players should hear it.

Mitsu

That video is actually how I started to watch LoL videos. I started watching JonTron's videos a few months ago, and upon coming across that music video, I had to check out the game properly. Admittedly, I only watched some of the commentaries he's done, so I can't say I've seen everything the game has to offer. In fact, I've only ever seen on single map. Still, it's a pretty entertaining video, even to someone that has no LoL knowledge.

Does anyone have any advice for a new player?

Le RandomBloke

Ah well, personal information aside, Plentakill has the best LoL parodies imo.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Mitsu on October 20, 2012, 10:36:54 PM
That video is actually how I started to watch LoL videos. I started watching JonTron's videos a few months ago, and upon coming across that music video, I had to check out the game properly. Admittedly, I only watched some of the commentaries he's done, so I can't say I've seen everything the game has to offer. In fact, I've only ever seen on single map. Still, it's a pretty entertaining video, even to someone that has no LoL knowledge.

Learn your champ, learn its role and just pvp.  Bot games are cool for learning mechanics and then pvp. 

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: Mitsu on October 20, 2012, 10:36:54 PM

Learn to last hit.

That's the one thing I wish I learned how to do much earlier than I actually did. If you know how to farm at low levels you'll win a lot more games than not.