Winter break-in

Started by Bliss, February 03, 2009, 09:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

I posted this initially in the One-shots board, but as that doesn't get as much attention as this board, I'm reposting here as well:

Name: House-sitting [NC, BON]
Scenario:My character is a college-age student who, to make some money during winter break, has taken on a house-sitting job for a wealthy family outside of town; a day or two after their departure, when she has arrived to settle in, there is a home invasion. A man has been watching the place, intending to break in and burglarize after the owners have gone out of town - only to find the place occupied. Ensuing events to be played out to whatever end is satisfactory to both writers.
Setting: New England, Suburban/Rural, Modern
Requirements: Please read my O/O before responding; this is very open both in terms of content and of plot resolution.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

magnamos

This sounds very nice. How much pre-development would you like? Just in a matter of characters. I take that the character you play isn't scared easily or she wouldn't like to keep a big manor occupied on her own for some time.

Bliss

I like a bit of pre-development of characters - I like them to have backgrounds, lives and events predating what's played out in the story, to give reason and meaning to their actions instead of just having them be reactionary automatons on the page. Or screen, as it were.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

magnamos

That's very good. I like the same. They should have some sort of Bio without spoiling too much.

Bliss

What do you have in mind for the invader character?
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

magnamos

I thought about a real brainiac. He's something like a criminal mastermind. He invests hours and hours in observation just to be extra sure. He's on the list of the police already but they have no idea what he even looks like because he leaves so little evidence. If something kills his plan he usually has a backup plan. If you throw him out of the concept completly you probably will learn why he became a criminal and not put his mind to a better use.