Interest check: Fandoms with a darker twist

Started by Franklin, June 13, 2018, 05:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franklin

I know this is a long shot, but not much to lose.  greatly enjoy Fandom roleplays, and while I am not opposed to original characters I would like to include some canon ones as I find that the 'What if" elements with familiar characters to be the most enjoyable elements of a said roleplay. I don't want to narrow the field too much by naming specific plots, as I find it works better when you decide on the characters and let them write their own story with input from your partner, so I thought I would list some characters I was hoping to play against. If you have any interest in playing any of the below characters, please let me know, preferably via PM.  (I also included a few links to some pictures of the characters that I feel highlight exactly why they are such enjoyable characters to play with...lol. If you'd prefer to use other face claims, please ensure they are over 18 to comply with site guidelines. )

I have struggled a bit with group roleplays in the past, as I'm sure most of you have, and wanted to try a bit of a different approach. Namely try to set up a channel on Discord or somewhere and have a thread for the group interactions, but during the slow times for that, have different channels where we could interact in smaller groups as well. Anyway, just an idea I thought I'd throw out there and see if anyone bites. Below is a list of the kind of characters I think would work for this idea. Please let me know if you are interested.

Arrowverse:(Yes, I know the series are not really popular amongst some comic fans, but here's our chance to do it right without any network meddling)
Supergirl
Sara Lance
Thea Queen
Felicity
Caitlin Snow
Jesse (Quick) Wells
Stargirl (Age her up a few years to comply with site guidelines, and all sorts of interesting possibilities for a fledgling superhero)

Young Justice/Justice League: (I have a thing about superheroes, what can I say. All characters will be aged up to over 16 to comply with site guidelines.)
Batgirl
Wonder Girl
Zatanna
Spoiler
Black Canary
Supergirl
Stargirl

GI JOE (Another untapped universe with loads of potential)
Scarlett
Lady Jaye
Cover Girl
Jinx

Agents of SHIELD: (Too bad these characters weren't allowed in the movies)
Daisy
Jemma Simmons

Smallville (Yes, the actress behaved badly, but the universe still has potential)
Chloe
Lana Lang

NCIS/JAG Universe: (Some very niche characters, admittedly, but no harm in including them)
Jennifer Coates
Ellie Bishop
Paige Dineen
Kono Kalakaua
Kensi Blye

Stargate: (Another character that could easily be tied into another universe)
Samantha Carter

Star Wars (Yes, the movies weren't the best, but hey...she was cute, and easy enough to tie into another fandom if desired)
Rey Skywalker

Star Trek: (And this just scratches the surface on characters from this franchise)
Hoshi Sato
Jadzia Dax
Ezri Dax
Seven of Nine

X-men(The academy setting adds a very interesting dynamic)
Husk
Jean Grey
Jubilee
Kitty Pryde
X-23
Dazzler

DC Comics
Aside from the characters mentioned above, which of course could be used as their comic book counterparts instead,  there are a few characters with interesting potential in the general DC Universe
Batgirl/Cassandra Cain
Raven
Donna Troy

Those are just a few off the top of my head...I'll probably add more later. Please don't judge this request to harshly...I have a hard time writing in a vacuum, but if you are interested in any of the above characters (or a combination thereof...playing multiple characters is fun, as is creating a unique universe with elements from each) or even something similar, please let me know...worst case, we can have some fun throwing some ideas around.

Thank you for your time, and hoping to hear from you. :)

Franklin

Wicked Emi

If you are willing to take some advice. I would suggest you narrow it down to one or two idea's and then broadcast those ideas. This is a lot with so many options and no real story plot just idea's of possible rp realms. Which, for someone looking at it, looks slightly disorganized and a lot to chew and swallow.

Try one or two realms and a story in those realms. Right now it is too dry bones to really consider.
Just a thought!

IF you wish to do a 1x1, this is groups and may be hard to find a 1x1 partner here. Good luck!  :-)

Thufir Hawat

I find this to be sound advice.
Then again, if you haven't already posted in One on One, you might do so now and apply the advice.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!