So now that TOR is FTP...

Started by Braioch, November 15, 2012, 08:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeruiah

That's too bad about Fallout..

I'll check into WoD MMORPG!

Elder Scrolls is awesome, the MMO should be interesting.
The pulse-pounding excitement of our virtual world is but a keystroke away.

Sasquatch421

Not to mention Neverwinter and the upcoming Marvel Hero's MMORPG.... Actually just read about Marvel Hero's in the new Game Informer, looks quite interesting. It even has Squirrel Girl as a character....

Outsider

Personally, I played SW:ToR from launch until 1.3 (?). I really enjoyed it the first months, played on the rare RP-PvP server because I quite like beating people up. But ever since the huge server transfer waves, the bad balance, the lack of RP options and everything it just hasn't been the same for me and I eventually quit.

Tried getting back to it recently, but it is still the same. People meet on Nar Shaddaa for cross faction RP because its the only lorewise acceptable place, you still can't emote to other faction players other than via say chat. The sitting still looks dumb as hell. So many mechanics that are not RP friendly. Its all those little things, pet peeves that add up to one gigantic wave of dislike. And thats coming from a pure Star Wars lover.

I of course also played the game for its gaming content, went through 3 storylines, of which one was exceptionally good and the other two were garbage; and I don't really feel like going through another since it will still be the same planets+the same planet storylines over and over.

Outsider

I'll just write what endings I disliked and for what reasons. Those were Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular. For that, know that I'm a hardcore Jedi fan. I put more detailed versions in spoilers below, don't click them if you don't want to know what happens.
Don't click me!

Jedi Knight
Way too overboard. SpacechildsuperJediJesus just doesn't work for me. Sure, being some kind of prophesized character does feel good.. but its going way overboard. On top of that, you have Kira, who's got even resistance to the Emperor? I just don't believe that.
Jedi Consular
Pretty much the same. Mind you that my Consular was my most beloved character.. but I basically was Jesus. Genius healer that fights a plague with his special talent, becomes General of a force with unrealistic power (Droids, Eshka AND Voss? The Voss in lore would -never- join.), then defeats someone as powerful as the First Child? And even more so, with his superior Force Power supresses that same presence. I would have loved the idea more to "just" be a normal Jedi, Obi Wan style, that doesn't have any super impressive feats from birth or something but still manages to be one of the most important characters in the later SW Universe

Silverfyre

The Voss in lore are Bioware's creation so I think they have a good idea on whether they might join such a cause or not. If I remember correctly, the Voss would joined the Consulor were a bit different from your usual Voss. I did find the story a bit flat too and the male voice actor was the weakest of the group, but I wouldn't say it wasn't plausible.  Just my opinion though.

Outsider

His voice acting was horrible.

"You people are a whole new level of hopelessness." Dialogue option three, always in the same tone. Ughhhhh.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: theoutsider on December 13, 2012, 06:21:44 PM
I'll just write what endings I disliked and for what reasons. Those were Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular. For that, know that I'm a hardcore Jedi fan. I put more detailed versions in spoilers below, don't click them if you don't want to know what happens.
Don't click me!

Jedi Knight
Way too overboard. SpacechildsuperJediJesus just doesn't work for me. Sure, being some kind of prophesized character does feel good.. but its going way overboard. On top of that, you have Kira, who's got even resistance to the Emperor? I just don't believe that.
Jedi Consular
Pretty much the same. Mind you that my Consular was my most beloved character.. but I basically was Jesus. Genius healer that fights a plague with his special talent, becomes General of a force with unrealistic power (Droids, Eshka AND Voss? The Voss in lore would -never- join.), then defeats someone as powerful as the First Child? And even more so, with his superior Force Power supresses that same presence. I would have loved the idea more to "just" be a normal Jedi, Obi Wan style, that doesn't have any super impressive feats from birth or something but still manages to be one of the most important characters in the later SW Universe

This is why I liked the Sith... You should read the ending for the Assassin.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

I liked the Bounty Hunter story best.

The Imperial Agent makes some light assumptions that you will be human, and most likely an Operative, which feels limiting, but damn if that ship ain't sexy.

The Sith paths are clearly intended for Pureblood characters.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Pyrre

Ah, so there are more people interested in SWTOR.

I'm glad to whomever posted that link in the other thread.

I'm on Ebon Hawk, and just started playing again.  Joined a guild, they seem cool, they are always looking for new members.  Play a Sith Sorcerer, so if anyone is interested, hit me up with a PM.  Or contact me, my name is Vesrel.

Moraline

Quote from: Pyrre on December 16, 2012, 08:26:56 PM
Ah, so there are more people interested in SWTOR.

I'm glad to whomever posted that link in the other thread.

I'm on Ebon Hawk, and just started playing again.  Joined a guild, they seem cool, they are always looking for new members.  Play a Sith Sorcerer, so if anyone is interested, hit me up with a PM.  Or contact me, my name is Vesrel.

You're welcome. Good luck with your RP!

MissMeep

If anyone is playing this and look for a new member, let me know.

Most of my stuff is on the Progenitor but I'm not against rolling on one of the US realms.  Even if it means not having any legacy :(

That said, if I rolled on an US realm I'd love a leveling buddy.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2012, 07:16:34 PM
It's classic Blizzard - they've got better information control/leak protection than the average government.

The cake is a lie, but pie is infinite.

That's because Blizzard isn't afraid to kill to keep secrets and won't silly things like laws stop them :P

I tried SWTOR for a day or so and... eh. The chat restrictions killed any joy I might have had for it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 27, 2012, 12:19:58 PM
That's because Blizzard isn't afraid to kill to keep secrets and won't silly things like laws stop them :P

I tried SWTOR for a day or so and... eh. The chat restrictions killed any joy I might have had for it.

Google Inc. buys out Blizzard Entertainment. The New World Order has begun.

ShadowFox89

No no no.

The Secret War has begun, with agents from EA Games and Activision-Blizzard assassinating each other in back alleyways and Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony secretly backing both of them.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Funguy81

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 27, 2012, 02:10:08 PM
Google Inc. buys out Blizzard Entertainment. The New World Order has begun.

Wow...google now owns World of warcraft?   Disney bought star wars franchise just over a month ago. Gee, who's gonna by DC comics?

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Funguy81 on December 27, 2012, 08:45:44 PM
Wow...google now owns World of warcraft?   Disney bought star wars franchise just over a month ago. Gee, who's gonna by DC comics?
Image Comics will.... Then they should ruin them like DC ruined the Wildstorm Rising brand... The bad thing with Disney buying Lucasfilm is that they also have the rights for Indiana Jones and have no plans for him...

Funguy81

They know Star wars would make more money, but they might do something with him down the line.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Funguy81 on December 28, 2012, 11:35:40 PM
They know Star wars would make more money, but they might do something with him down the line.
Well, we know Disney is big on film preservation so it's likely that they put them back out, 'untouched', for the public at some point.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Warped

Playing SW:ToR since launch and loving it still. I just can't get enough of the universe. I've taken frequent breaks, I'm playing Secret World on the side, but keep coming back to ToR.

That said, I would love to find some adult RP in this game. I have three characters, an Inquisitor (50), a Knight (26) and a Bounty Hunter (21). If anyone wants some light RP; adult, sexual, whatever - I'd be happy to oblige. Not against rolling a new character and starting off together with someone. Could make a good story - two smugglers starting off together, two acolytes in the Sith Academy etc etc.

Drop me a PM if anyone is interested and we'll see.

ShadowFox89

I'd rather do such things over play-by-post. But to each their own.
Call me Shadow
My A/A